17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly think that if GZ really did have his head slammed to the concrete like he is saying, LE would have taken pics when they showed up. Those pics would have already been leaked all over the internet. Since there aren't any pics how can he prove that he really did have a broken nose that miraculously healed within minutes along with the gashes on the back of his head that also healed immediately. His mug shot does not show a broken nose to me! I could be wrong. Plus if his head was slammed to the concrete he would at the least have a concussion and would have been taken to the hospital. Why would LE take a chance of him dieing from a head wound? They even took Melissa Gilbert to the hospital for her little head bump on DWTS. Isn't it normal protocal to go to the hospital for a head injury like that? Just sayin.... I don't think he had any injuries besides his wet jacket!!
Yes it is, because that's exactly how actress Natasha Richardson died.She was skiing in Canada and hit her head, but denied getting treatment until her headache got unbearable. By that time the bleeding in her brain was so extensive, she couldn't be saved!

I think we can be sure that if GZ had the injuries he claimed to have there would have been pictures taken by LE. On his release, GZ would have had someone take pics or would have taken his own. By now, those pics would be all over the world! No doubt.

I watched one of the PC by the city of Sanford where they did state they had a copy of the hospital report where GZ went after he was released from custody.

Would loved to know what was on that report!!
And...Why couldn't that have been one of the items leaked?

An adult who appears coherent can refuse medical treatment.

I know this because my son did some EMT work, and adults who are conscious, and can refuse treatment, are allowed to.

It's quite possible that the EMTs on site documented GZ's broken nose (if he had one) and head injury (if he had one) but allowed him to exercise his right to refuse treatment.

He wasn't making rounds, he was on his way to Target.

Does Crimewatch specifically state that they require everyone associated with their program to not hold CWP, and not carry a weapon ever?

I'm sure not.

This is a bit off topic, but interesting. I'm a crime watch captain for my neighborhood, and my brother's neighborhood is considering starting a crime watch program. The LE representative who spoke to his Neighborhood Association said when you assign your captains, don't take the first person who busts through the door anxious to be captain. Choose your captains from long standing residents who have a gift for getting along with people. This was just before this case broke. I would guess that advice would have been helpful in the Sanford case.
He wasn't Crimewatch either, (and I think previous posters have said "no"), he was Neighborhood Watch. So am I! I am not a "Captain". One other neighbor and I volunteered to do it.

I watched one of the PC by the city of Sanford where they did state they had a copy of the hospital report where GZ went after he was released from custody.

Would loved to know what was on that report!!
And...Why couldn't that have been one of the items leaked?

What kind of trouble would a medical professional be in for leaking a confidential medical document? That would be it, for a lifetime, for whatever license they held under the HIPAA rules.

I probably would. why? because WHY would I want this crazy stalkin' @ss person to know WHERE I LIVE!? (I dont presume to know what trayvon's thoughts were but those might be mine)

although this is presuming I have seen no firearm. in that case I'd be running my tail off zigzagging all over the place like that centipede game I used to play at the arcade in like...1986.

Bwaaaahahaha! I just spewed my first glass of Chardonnay all over my keyboard at the visual! I remember centipede!

I'd do the same thing, like in the 'in-laws'...Serpentine Shel! Serpentine!
LOL!

MOO

wm

California is different from Florida. Because of SYG in Florida, the burden will be on the prosecution.

No, the burden will be on the defense to prove that GZ met the requirements to enact the SYG.

Because he's afraid. He's afraid for his own safety, and has a bit of a hero complex and wants to be the one in the store that saves the day if some nutjob comes into Target and starts shooting up the citizenry.

That's the type of person who has a CWP. That's how they view the world, and themselves.

(Note: there are people with CWPs who have incredibly dangerous jobs or have to work in very very dangerous areas, and they are exempt from the above characterization of urban guys with CWPs.)
Ummm. Target employs their own security people- just sayin'!

That's why people get a CCW permit. So they can legally carry a gun in public.

Plus, there might be some *advertiser censored**holes getting away with something in the Target....
Just saying.
JMO, MOO

BBM
How do we know exactly what Trayvons girlfriend heard that night. I'm not saying that she's lying about what she heard but would she relate anything that may put Trayvon in a bad light?

Need a lawyer here...

Is what she says he said admissible in court or is that considered hearsay?

California is different from Florida. Because of SYG in Florida, the burden will be on the prosecution.

Not quite.

NOTE: In Gray v. State, 13 So. 2d 114 (Fla. 5th DCA 2009), the Fifth District Court of Appeal of Florida (governing Sanford, Florida, the site of the Trayvon Martin shooting) adopted the procedures outlined above in Petersen, holding that the right to immunity from criminal prosecution afforded by Section 776.032 is to be determined by the trial court after an evidentiary proceeding in which the criminal defendant has the burden of proof by a preponderance of the evidence. Id. at 114.

Thus, under the procedures outlined in Petersen, prosecutorial immunity does not attach under Florida’s Stand Your Ground law by way of mere factual assertion. The issue is raised pre-trial through the filing of a Motion for Declaration of Immunity. To obtain such a declaration by the trial court, a hearing is held where the defendant must demonstrate by a preponderance of the evidence his or her qualifications for immunity. This essentially reverses the burden of proof traditionally at play in a criminal case. The defense presents the evidence, shows that the statutory prerequisites have been met, and requests that the court grant the motion and appropriate relief. If the Motion is granted, the defense then files a Motion to Dismiss, as there is no longer a legal basis to proceed with the prosecution.

With regard to the Trayvon Martin case, the notion that Florida’s Stand Your Ground law prohibited the prosecution of George Zimmerman is fundamentally false. “Stand Your Ground” in no way prevents a prosecution from being initiated against an accused.

More commentary at link:
http://www.husseinandwebber.com/stand_your_ground.html

Ummm. Target employs their own security people- just sayin'!

I'm not saying it's rational. I'm just giving the reason why people with a CWP carry to Target.

Do Target security folks carry guns? As many times as I've been to Target, I don't believe I've seen armed security.

I don't think so. Zimmerman is going to have to take the stand and tell exactly what the reasonable fear was and why he felt he had to shoot. The burden is on him.

What kind of trouble would a medical professional be in for leaking a confidential medical document? That would be it, for a lifetime, for whatever license they held under the HIPAA rules.

I wasn't thinking about the hospital leaking it, but someone from SPD since they leaked/released other info.

Because he's afraid. He's afraid for his own safety, and has a bit of a hero complex and wants to be the one in the store that saves the day if some nutjob comes into Target and starts shooting up the citizenry.

That's the type of person who has a CWP. That's how they view the world, and themselves.

(Note: there are people with CWPs who have incredibly dangerous jobs or have to work in very very dangerous areas, and they are exempt from the above characterization of urban guys with CWPs.)

GZ may have had some problems that could be found in the DSM.

I don't think so. Zimmerman is going to have to take the stand and tell exactly what the reasonable fear was and why he felt he had to shoot. The burden is on him.

No, on the prosecution (legally). They have to prove otherwise. He does not have to take the stand.

An adult who appears coherent can refuse medical treatment.

I know this because my son did some EMT work, and adults who are conscious, and can refuse treatment, are allowed to.

It's quite possible that the EMTs on site documented GZ's broken nose (if he had one) and head injury (if he had one) but allowed him to exercise his right to refuse treatment.

Here's a post by ecs5298, a WS verified Paramedic.

**WS verified Paramedic here**

The paramedic could insist all he wants but if GZ is alert and oriented to person, place and time he has the right to refuse all or portions of treatment or transportation. To touch the patient otherwise would be assault and battery and to transport the patient would be kidnapping. Unless GZ was incapacitated to the point where the paramedics were to believe that he was unable to make prudent decisions for himself, then they have to respect his wishes and not transport him to the hospital. He should be made aware of all the risks of refusing transport and made to sign a release of care prior to the paramedics clearing the scene. Without seeing the medical report, we are unable to ascertain whether they offered to bandage his wounds or if the bleeding from the wound had stopped. If GZ was insistent that the medics leave him alone, it is very possible that they assessed him, signed him off and cleared the scene.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7758662&postcount=93"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #17[/ame]

I wasn't thinking about the hospital leaking it, but someone from SPD since they leaked/released other info.

Frankly, I'm surprised Mr. Zimmerman's former attorneys didn't offer it up as proof their client was a victim of shaken baby syndrome.

When I picture this, if Trayvon were afraid of GZ - that is, believed GZ intended to knife him, kidnap him, rob him, etc., and knowing that Trayvon wasn't armed, I don't think he would have verbally engaged GZ, and asked him what his problem was. If he truly feared for his safety from GZ, I think he would have broken into a run and gotten away and not forced an encounter.

I think he knew what GZ was doing, and it pissed him off so he took the first swing. i believe Trayvon knew GZ suspected him, and was following him to watch him, and so Trayvon attacked him first verbally and then physically.

That's my humble opinion only. I can't see verbally engaging someone who you are truly afraid of, if you are unarmed, if you have the chance to get away which Trayvon certainly did.

I agree. There was just too much time for TM to be just walking fast (as he had told his girlfriend) to get home. It does not take 4 -5 minutes to get to his condo.

I agree that he was angry that GZ was following him. Thats just my opinion though.

<mod snip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member