CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Among those chosen are a union plumber; a woman who cares for her elderly parents; a woman who once worked at a detox center; and a woman with depression. Also on the jury are a Denver Public Schools employee, a teacher and a man who was a survivor of the 1999 Columbine High School shootings who said he could be fair despite having been childhood friends with the shooters and the prom date of a victim.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/28794811/jury-seated-in-colorado-theater-shooting-trial?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hi popsicle!
:seeya:
See you here next week?

April 21, 2915
AURORA, Colo. - Based on past hearings and court documents we know a great deal about the evidence that will be presented during the Aurora movie theater shooting trial, but one piece of evidence has remained almost completely concealed: the defendant's notebook.

We know that James Holmes mailed a package to his University of Colorado psychiatrist, but it has never been discussed in detail in court or the publicly-available case library. Once, during a hearing, testimony confirmed how the package was found and opened, but the contents of the notebook was never detailed.
(see link for full story)

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ceedings-revealed-about-james-holmes-notebook

I am hoping this thread will be moved to Trials Forum. Surprisingly many here are unaware the trial begins April 27 and will be live streamed. See you all here next week!

It seems like such a huge waste of resource to have a trial. Millions and millions of dollars and angst for the survivors and their loved ones to crawl through the mind of this freak who, no question about it, did it. And if he gets the death penalty, then decades of more $$ and angst going through appeals.

I just think he should be put in a dark cell and left forever. The death penalty is too archaic and rarely even carried out. I just never want to see his face in the media again. He doesn't deserve any attention.

April 22, 2015

Holmes has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity. His defense attorneys have said that the 27-year-old former neuroscience student at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is mentally ill and was “in the throes of a psychotic episode” at the time of the shooting. But state prosecutors, led by District Attorney George Brauchler, have argued that Holmes was sane when he committed the crimes. They are seeking the death penalty.

The trial is likely to stretch on for months due to the high number of witnesses who are expected to testify. It will also reveal new information about Holmes and the crime. In advance of the proceedings, here’s a primer on what we know, what we don’t know, and why it matters.

What We Know
Holmes grew up in California and enrolled at the University of Colorado as a neuroscience graduate student in 2011. In June 2012, prosecutors say, he failed key oral exams, and his professors suggested he find a different path. He began the process of withdrawing from CU. That same month, a school psychiatrist who had treated Holmes told a CU police officer that Holmes was a danger to the public. According to a search warrant in the case, Dr. Lynne Fenton told the officer that Holmes had threatened her and made “homicidal statements.”
(See link for full story)
http://www.westword.com/news/james-...ts-april-27-and-dark-questions-remain-6658437

I am hoping this thread will be moved to Trials Forum. Surprisingly many here are unaware the trial begins April 27 and will be live streamed. See you all here next week!

I second this!

I requested this twice on the Tsarnaev trial and the response I received from a mod was, "The Tsarnaev thread is in the Rampage and Terrorists section which is the area that fits the case the best."

See ya'll next week :)

Never heard about Holmes failing his key oral exams.. Always was portrayed as an exceptional,y bright young man. Perhaps that was his mental downfall already taking its toll or even more som perhaps this was the catalyst? JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Received a mod response to my PM re moving thread to "Trials". I'm told it will be done this weekend.

WOOHOO! Now here is to hoping I have wifi on my plane back from LA

I'm not anxious to watch another trial that will go on for months and months but... I really want to see justice served here for all those innocent people who just wanted to spend a night out watching a movie and eating popcorn!!!
I'll be here!!!

I'm curious as to whether his parents will show..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After years delay, theater shooting trial starts Monday

CENTENNIAL, Colo. — Nearly three years after police arrested James Holmes outside a suburban Denver movie theater where he shot and killed 12 people, prosecutors are set to lay out why they believe jurors should order his execution.

Opening arguments begin Monday afternoon in the slow-moving case against Holmes, who is also accused of injuring about 70 others as he rampaged through the movie theater during a midnight showing of The Dark Night Returns. Holmes, a former neuroscience graduate student, has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, and defense lawyers argue he was in the grips of a psychotic episode when he entered the theater and opened fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44