Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #22

:bump:

I almost missed this, thanks Fran!

Sent from my Galaxy S4, using Tapatalk Blue.

This is just wrong, wrong, wrong in my mind. This should get the death penalty. He should have to sit in court and have to listen to what he did. He should have to listen to every sorry detail and also have his emails read aloud.

He is a and stinking coward!

I am just sick over this.

This is just wrong, wrong, wrong in my mind. This should get the death penalty. He should have to sit in court and have to listen to what he did. He should have to listen to every sorry detail and also have his emails read aloud.

He is a and stinking coward!

I am just sick over this.

I think the death penalty would be too kind on this monster. Her parents are being spared sitting in court and listening to the horrific details and enduring years of appeals.

Spending years in living hell of a prison is a more just place for child killers.

JMO

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/local/2014/05/19/jacques-computer-key-evidence/9301039/

Michael Jacques used his laptop computer to plot the rape and murder of his 12-year-old niece, Brooke Bennett, never thinking the device would end up making his subsequent arrest easy work for the police...

When investigators told Jacques that they wished to look at his laptop, he was reluctant to part with it," the 60-page memo stated. "Jacques hesitated... protesting that he needed the laptop for work."

He knew what the hard drive on the laptop contained: evidence that he had fabricated a supposed international sex ring known as Breckenridge to manipulate an underage girl, identified in court papers as J1, into having repeated sex with him for years, under threat of death.

Jacques also knew that emails and other documents on the computer evidence would show that he impersonated two fictitious members of Breckenridge in spring 2008 to pressure J1 into helping with a plan to "terminate" Brooke.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/local/2014/05/20/jacques-sentencing-niece-murder/9319095/

Jacques pleaded guilty in August to the charges as part of a plea deal that requires him to accept a life sentence in return for the government dropping plans to seek the death penalty.

Several of Bennett's family members were in the courtroom wearing purple, Bennett's favorite color. The girl's father, James Bennett, took the stand before 11 a.m.

"I can't describe the pain I feel. A part of me is gone forever," James Bennet said. "I don't understand how such a terrible person could slip thru the cracks of the judicial system so many times."

This case stands out as one of the most horrific cases I have seen to date. While we all know he deserves the death penalty, I can understand her family's reluctance to relive the horrors perpetrated on their sweet little girl. Too much for loved ones to endure.

RIP Brooke B.

This is indeed a horrific case. My heart breaks for Brooke's family. My heart also breaks for the other young girl who has to live with not only being a victim of this monster, but also with knowing that she was manipulated into helping set the stage for Brooke's rape and murder. :tears: A trial would have been unbearable for Brooke's family, her friends, and dare I say, the citizens of my wonderful state. It's been six years already! I am relieved that this case is officially over, and I will never have to see this 's face on my TV or in my newspaper again. While part of me hopes he rots in prison, another part of me hopes he'll take matters into his own hands and save us the financial responsibility of housing him in prison until he dies of old age. I don't want a time out so I'm going to :shutup: now.

Tuesday, Judge William Sessions, sentenced 48-year-old Michael Jacques to spend the rest of his life behind bars for the 2008 kidnapping, rape and murder of his niece, Brooke Bennett.

^^^ From above link.

I always get sick and upset whenever I think of this case or read any news about it and am reminded of the horrors. He can shove his stupid apology up his arse. He is just saying what he thinks he should say. He always got out of punishment for his earlier crimes by pretending to be remorseful and "rehabilitated." He is just pretending again, although I have no doubt he is sorry he was caught. He has destroyed so many people's lives. Brooke's and the people we know he assaulted and who knows how many others that we don't know about.

He makes me want to puke everywhere. I have had to take many breaks from websleuths from time to time when it gets too disturbing for me. I think this case disturbed me and effected me in a way no other case has. I didn't know Brooke and don't live in Vermont, but the whole tragic story alone is enough to mess up my mind. I hate this man.

May beautiful Brooke rest in peace. I know I will never forget her. Her case has effected me too greatly to ever forget.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/.../05/19/jacques-computer-key-evidence/9301039/

"Jacques knew he was in trouble once police gained access to his computer, Nolan wrote. June 27, his then-wife, Denise Jacques, found him in the basement of their homes, writing letters to their children.

"She asked him whether he had anything to do with Brooke's disappearance," the memo said. "He responded that he probably had very little time and did not want to spend it arguing with her."

And that's when I would have took out an axe and made time for him to talk to me, if it were my husband. I wonder what her response was to that? Did she just turn a blind eye and walk away again like she did when she came home while he was molesting J1 and J1 claimed she had been taking a shower?

I was hoping that by this time we would be hearing the loathsome subhuman who murdered beautiful Brooke had succumbed to some good old-time jailhouse justice......

Maybe those who were supposed to love and protect you have gone on with life as if nothing happened Brooke, but you are not forgotten by your Websleuths family who prayed so fervently that the people who did this unspeakable evil to you were punished to the full extent of the law.

You are still in our thoughts.

I was hoping that by this time we would be hearing the loathsome subhuman who murdered beautiful Brooke had succumbed to some good old-time jailhouse justice......

Maybe those who were supposed to love and protect you have gone on with life as if nothing happened Brooke, but you are not forgotten by your Websleuths family who prayed so fervently that the people who did this unspeakable evil to you were punished to the full extent of the law.

You are still in our thoughts.

Do we know if he is in general population or is he being protected like the wuss that he is in solitary?

Do we know if he is in general population or is he being protected like the wuss that he is in solitary?
Unfortunately I am without a clue..... I know I hope he's in General Population and has to continually look over his shoulder every waking moment until some other inmate ends him in some brutal fashion. Yeah, I know that's probably wrong, but it's what I wish for and even that isn't what he truly deserves.

Hopefully someone else might know and will come and let us know.

RIP Brooke. I was not a member then but I followed your case as best I could. I knew who did it two days in. I am glad the police made the case. Bless you, Brooke.

This was the case that brought me to WS and I often think of Brooke. This case was horrible and like others, I too had to walk away at times because of how bad it was and what this little girl must have endured.

RIP Brooke. If there is a hell or an afterlife filled with torment, I hope your tormentors will experience it.

Well I have been away from Websluths for some time as I made a major move cross country and life gets away from you. I have been trying to get used to the site again and Brooke will be my first post upon my return.
Having lived in New England my whole life and knowing that area of Vermont quite well this horrible crime just blew me away.
One of the saddest cases of justice and of course there are others too. Yes, Jacques is sitting in a prison in Arizona with other sickos like him but what bothered me most about this case is only he got charged. The whole rest of the family knew about him, his past and that he was one perverted nutcase. They all knew, Denise married him anyway with one daughter already under her belt and then proceeded to have one with him. Who does that?? He knocked up his own sister amongst other things.
Sooo they get to go on with their lives, facebook pages laughing away, kissing, posing blah blah. And Brooke lays in the ground never to live beyond 12. They all let her down and did not protect her or even try to. They knew. And the end result that finally locked him away cost Brooke but not any of them. Jacques should have been locked up a long time ago. He was but was let out.
This case upsets me to no end and it is over. I do not know how any of those people can live with themselves.
I think of you often Brooke, and someday their day of reckoning will come. All of them that is.

I too think of Brooke and the injustice that others had culpability. It astounds me that someone would knowingly choose to be with a man with his history and expose her child and extended family to a predator. I will never understand. I realize that there that many children pay the price for a parent's poor decisions but this one sticks we me for similar reasons, The Farm.

I will never understand either Bodhi. Never.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back