George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree that he's starting off pretty slow. i have a feeling he will build up steam towards the end and have his strongest points towards the end. it kinda seems like he might be going over the law portion first. imo

It's slow, but I think it's setting up the narrative that this needs to be decided based on evidence, not emotion.

I am not worried about the reaction of the people but the influence thinking about it may have on the jury.

I am only concerned about the jury feeling free to make the right decision, not the popular one.

I can not imagine what it feels like to be the last one talking for your client. The one whose words may help save him from prison for a long time or not...

BBM This is why I ask you not to worry because you, and we, have no part of making this decision for the jury. The jury's got this - whether we like the verdict or not. Don't worry about something over which you have no control, it will help you in life, IMO.

He NEEDS to get to the point, to make a memorable statement. What I'm hearing is a lot of nothing. GET ON WITH IT, to the point, these people aren't stupid.

I'm sure we'll be seeing some action soon. He did bring in a block of cement.

He's getting started now. How many 'could of been's have you heard from the state in this case'.

Getting in to the good stuff... how many "what ifs" have you heard from the state!

IMO

I think he's doing fabulously. Everybody responds to different things, and this is the kind of discourse I respond to. Constitutional, don't fill in the gaps, Thomas Jefferson, in a quiet conversational tone.

If I have to hear one more person say something about skittles and ice tea, I'll scream. This isn't about little sound bites and trite cliches, this is about the rule of constitutional law.

IMHO

Remember Jose Baez harped on 'reasonable doubt' and it paid off even for him...

My belated thanks to MaHouston for posting GZ pictures at the police station, where he looked uninjured, and with a faint rectangle mark on his nose. The mention of recoil is also interesting. in the light of the faint mark

An INNOCENT teenager on his way home has been killed with nothing but a fruit drink and skittles on him. The grown man who shot him dead walked away free until the case caught national attention. The evidence showed no sign of GZ's DNA on TM, no eye witnesses, there were no medical documentation, yet we're asked to believe that TM had repeatedly punched GZ's face and smashed his head against concrete. The dead victim somehow became the villain....IMO

Not the facts in the case. TM was not shot for having skittles. He was not shot because he was walking home. He was shot because he was beating on a man in the dark and he shot him to defend his person.

The shopping at 7-11, the walking, the skittles have nothing what to do with the fact that TM is dead.

The facts are, He beat on GZ, and GZ shot him after being beaten up in the dark backed down on the sidewalked, No way to get away.

Morning everyone...

Praying for Justice for Trayvon!

Also praying for TM's family, GZ's family, the jurors, and the community to accept whatever verdict the jurors give.

I don't think the evidence was there for 2nd degree murder, so I'm hoping for a manslaughter conviction.

Regarding some of the concerns and worry, I understand, mostly because of what happened during the CA trial. And this trial has SO much more pressure on the jury.

GZ's mom is really looking at GZ.

I'm so glad to be back here today.

Missed you yesterday!

I think that his manner is easy to watch and that he is going to lead them softly..

yes i submit it is better than BDLR's very loud closing. IMO it's fine to use loud voices to emphasize certain points, but to use it constantly as BDLR used yesterday takes away the importance of any point BDLR was trying to make. MOM is a breath of fresh air to me, IMO...

I'm glad he's now calling the state out on their closing yesterday and the words they used yesterday such as "maybe, what if, i hope so, could have been, you figure it out" IMO.

I think he is doing a good thing.. Explaining what Reasonable doubt is and showing that it is the evidence not the filling in of the gaps that makes the case..

If I were on this jury, he would aggravate me worse than the prosecution. He should state that everything they hear is not necessarily the truth. THEN, he should present his version of the TRUTH. He needs to quit going into the psyche of the jury. Right now I would like to swat him.

This case has a LOT of evidence, give it. THEN, go into the spheel of don't believe everything you hear, and blah, blah, blah. Blah, blah, is saying less than the prosecutor did, and that takes a lot.

Ah, the first thing I heard of ANY value, "the burden is on the state". KEEP THAT UP. Tyvm.

My opinion only

Not the facts in the case. TM was not shot for having skittles. He was not shot because he was walking home. He was shot because he was beating on a man in the dark and he shot him to defend his person.

The shopping at 7-11, the walking, the skittles have nothing what to do with the fact that TM is dead.

The facts are, He beat on GZ, and GZ shot him after being beaten up in the dark backed down on the sidewalked, No way to get away.

Skittles
Juice
Little kid

Oh how innocent! Zimmerman must have gotten his injuries from some inivisible trouble maker.

IMO.

Morning everyone...

Praying for Justice for Trayvon!

Also praying for TM's family, GZ's family, the jurors, and the community to accept whatever verdict the jurors give.

I don't think the evidence was there for 2nd degree murder, so I'm hoping for a manslaughter conviction.

Sadly, if he gets the manslaughter conviction (I would be shocked at a 2nd degree murder conviction), I think it would be based off of emotion, not evidence. A compromised verdict (a 17 year old child died, we got to do something).

If it's 2nd degree, IMO that reaches the levels of unbelievableness that the CA verdict had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member