CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
:banghead:
You looked like you were havin' so much fun, I thought I'd join ya :blowkiss:

Thanks Shutterfly I needed that laugh tonight....:curses: fibro flare is really flared up tonight :razz: ...muscle pain & spasms are driving me :crazy:
Along with hitting deadends on searching for their date of births.
I just have to do this again....:banghead:

:blushing: :angel:

AWC I am really beginning to think Ross is a ghost. I found one court record for Jennifer M, in San Francisco, but it's sealed so I can't get POO off of it. I did find a phone at 5997...that's in Jen's name.

Foster Father Makes Plea For Missing Boy
Posted: 4:38 pm PDT August 13, 2009
Updated: 12:21 am PDT August 14, 2009
<snipped>
Ross said he had parked in the back of the store and gone around to the front to tell his fiancé to open the back door to get Hasanni. He said this is something he's done every Monday and Wednesday for months.

But Ross said when he returned to the parking lot, Hasanni was gone. He said he looked up and down the street and called 911 when he couldn't find him.

In an interview with KTVU, Ross said he believes someone took Hasanni and he had a message for them.

"Drop him off anywhere. My son he wouldn't realize; he wouldn't remember you,&#8221; said Ross. "People have come in and out of his life all his life. Drop him off, let him go, don't harm him. And you know what? I will leave it like that. The biggest thing I'm having a hard time with is I screwed up."

He also said he and his fiancé spent five hours searching with police for the boy. Then they were with the Oakland officers being questioned for another 12 hours.

Oakland attorney John Burris said Thursday that he was contacted earlier this week by Ross and Campbell because they were concerned about being questioned by police about the boy's disappearance.

The family "was surprised police tried to interrogate them, and I wanted to advise them that that is logical and they should not be dismayed by it," Burris said.

"They're emotionally traumatized, then the police start asking them questions that they thought were unduly aggressive, and I just wanted to make sure that they understood that and not be intimidated by it," he said.

Burris said that Ross, Hassani's foster father, was the last person to see the boy before he went missing. Burris said he recommended that the parents just "be cooperative so the police can rule them out and go about trying to find Hassani."

The FBI has joined Oakland police in the search.

"We're pretty much in our holding pattern right now," Backman said. "During daylight hours we're going to continue to canvas and search. We'll scale back the search at nighttime, and resume it again at daylight."

20394285_320X180.jpg

VIDEO~OAKLAND: Missing Boy's Family Has High Hopes Hassani Campbell Will Be Found
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20391510/index.html

Article:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/20390807/detail.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIDEO: Search For Missing Boy Intensifies
http://serve.castfire.com/video/140551/140551_2009-08-14-011156.mp4

:angel:

According to the last video report I just posted.......the only other last time Hassani was seen, by someone other by JC or LR, was at a family gathering on August 5th!!! :eek:

ETA: O/T Drew Peterson has a court hearing today for a change of venue, for those following the Stacy Peterson case! It's D-Day for him to try to change it due to media exposure....LOL IMHO his OWN media exposure :biggrin:....I highly doubt that he'll get his trial moved from Will County! Sorry for going off topic all! :blowkiss:

If this was a routine that they had it would have been easy for a pedphile to plan to grab him . I hope the community can help search. I just saw the dad on the Nancy Grace show and I don't feel he is responsible. He went over what he did and what happened and it was different from what was reported. I can certainly see myself doing the same thing.

According to the last video report I just posted.......the only other last time Hassani was seen, by someone other by JC or LR, was at a family gathering on August 5th!!! :eek:

ETA: O/T Drew Peterson has a court hearing today for a change of venue, for those following the Stacy Peterson case! It's D-Day for him to try to change it due to media exposure....LOL IMHO his OWN media exposure :biggrin:....I highly doubt that he'll get his trial moved from Will County! Sorry for going off topic all! :blowkiss:

Hi Angel...sorry you aren't feeling well. O/T regarding Drew Peterson, I live in Illinois and I can honestly say there isn't a place on planet Earth he could move the trial to where people feel he's innocent...although the new Heresay law in Illinois has many worried about Constitutional rights.
Take care of yourself Angel!

If this was a routine that they had it would have been easy for a pedphile to plan to grab him . I hope the community can help search. I just saw the dad on the Nancy Grace show and I don't feel he is responsible. He went over what he did and what happened and it was different from what was reported. I can certainly see myself doing the same thing.

tiredblondy: He just looks so guilty 'cause of his arrogance and inconsistent timeline, and being the last to see the child. However, you are so right. There is a pattern, a routine, and a vulnerable child, all of which, make it easy for a pedophile to plan his mode of attack. Seems to me LE are covering all possibilities in this case...they have to.

I know Ross has a cell phone but I don't know if it's prepaid. Somehow I doubt it. I have a question. If he has a prepaid phone vs. a phone on a plan, would LE still be able to ping it?
Oh, and maybe Ross' phone was left in the car when he got to the store, and he hadn't called Jen to open the door, because he had it off to keep it from being pinged and then forgot to turn it back on. I'm betting he had to turn that phone on to call LE when he retrieved it from the car. He'll say he keeps it off to conserve battery life, I'm sure.
I'd like to talk to the person he supposedly had the 'earlier appointment' with on Monday too.

I saw Ross on Nancy Grace and I felt sorry for him. I want him to be innocent of any harm against his son, I do. Is it possible the inconsistent reports are not Ross telling a different story, but bad reporting?

What I want to know is if this is a normal routine, was walking around to the front part of that routine, or was that just that day because "he was in a hurry". If he normally, called or knocked on the back door, or rang a delivery buzzer except for this one time, then all bets are off for me. If he normally walked around to the front, while I think is in very poor judgement with a disabled 5 year old, I am ok with the story.

Also, if it was a normal routine, then I can see the possibility of a stranger abduction. Someone who has witnessed this routine and knew the boy would be left alone for a matter of minutes. But this hinges on whether the walking around to the front was part of the routine.

What bothered me about Nancy Grace appearance was he seemed more concerned with using his time to clear his own name rather than plead for the return of the boy. Somebody has to have seen something if a small 5 year old is just wandering the streets.

Well, I just do not like Ross' demeanor at all. The inconsistances do not look good either because it makes him seem to be lying. IMO, if he passed the polygraph I believe that LE would have cleared him. That has not happened yet.

I saw the Nancy Grace interview too. I can't say that I thought he was covering his butt--to me it was more like he wanted to get the story straight due to errors in the press coverage of the incident. He especially was upset that the reports stated Hassani had leg braces and couldn't walk very far. He was afraid people would only be looking for the braces and ignoring the face of the child. He specifically said they would not be noticeable unless he was wearing shorts. I don't know what to think at this point, but I thought his explanation seemed very plausible and even NG (who jumps on everyone) was accepting his story. I guess I'll reserve judgement on this one until we hear more.

OKay, please don't flame me for this, I am only thinking out loud, and i don't mean to turn this into a racial issue, so please hear me out.

Ross is obviously a well educated man. I can see that in the way he talks and the way that he conducts himself ( no ghetto speak, very articulate, very good at putting his thoughts into logical order). He obviously has money, although at this point, I don't know how much is true wealth and how much is the appearance of wealth.
Regardless, there are a lot of people in this country that are intimidated by a young black man with money. The cockiness and attitude may be something that Ross has had to put off his whole life simply to combat what simple minded cretins are prone to saying and thinking about people like Ross. Once you have cultivated that as a defense mechanism, it's hard to just turn it off.

I just don't know. I'm not seeing foster dad as an outright murderer. The type to cover up a mistake, no matter how grievous, that is a possibility, but I just don't see killer on him.

There are some states where it's illegal to drive while talking on a cell phone. Is CA one?

But a later model beamer would have a built in blue tooth speaker and that would be ok. I believe a one ear headphone, wired or bluetooth is acceptable as well. I just went through all of this because where I live the law is county by county and I ended up getting a bluetooth speaker.

I have not noticed the foster dad being cocky or arrogant either. He seems genuine to me. Ony time will tell.

Praying that Hassani is recovered safely. I don't get the feeling that either of the foster parents is involved (I could be totally wrong). Even if they're not involved, if Hassani was abducted, I'm afraid of the outcome. I think in my heart, I am wishing bio-dad swooped in and took Hasanni home with him to care for him. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part but I just want Hassani safe.

Just wanted to add my prayers for little Hassani. He is such a handsome boy and I am praying everyday that he is found safe somewhere.

OKay, please don't flame me for this, I am only thinking out loud, and i don't mean to turn this into a racial issue, so please hear me out.

Ross is obviously a well educated man. I can see that in the way he talks and the way that he conducts himself ( no ghetto speak, very articulate, very good at putting his thoughts into logical order). He obviously has money, although at this point, I don't know how much is true wealth and how much is the appearance of wealth.
Regardless, there are a lot of people in this country that are intimidated by a young black man with money. The cockiness and attitude may be something that Ross has had to put off his whole life simply to combat what simple minded cretins are prone to saying and thinking about people like Ross. Once you have cultivated that as a defense mechanism, it's hard to just turn it off.

I just don't know. I'm not seeing foster dad as an outright murderer. The type to cover up a mistake, no matter how grievous, that is a possibility, but I just don't see killer on him.

I never think about race at all. To me this is a precious small child who is missing and must be found.

As for the foster Dad Ross, I do not think of race in the least. No matter what color he is, I do not like or believe his convoluted story.

I think the cockiness is his persona.

There could have been an accident or negligence on Ross part and he is covering it up. If that is the case, he turned it into a worse case scenario than it had to be. I am just saying that I do not believe his story. It does not make sense. JMO

Off Topic to the discussion:

Has anyone else tried to look up info on the foster father? Just to see what could be found in various databases? I can't find L. W. Ross on any sites. Period. Not intelius, not veromi...etc.

Did anyone else find him? Or the Aunt/Foster mother for that matter? TIA I'm very confused.

I did try to find info on him, too, and could not. OR the previous two LWR's. Very odd . . . . Have we heard anything about any of his other family?

There are some states where it's illegal to drive while talking on a cell phone. Is CA one?

Sorry if someone already responded to this, I'm just catching up, but yes, it is illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving unless you have a Bluetooth--i.e. cell phone is not supposed to be in your hand, clapped over your ear. The CHP has just declared they are going to start enforcing this law more, since people kept on doing it anyhow and weren't getting stopped.

If he is a consultant it seems like this would require a lot of phone networking and thus you'd think he would have a Bluetooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10