AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree on her lack of maternal instinct. Many factors that contributed to that aside from PPD I am sure and that doesn't excuse what has happened. (I know you were not suggesting it did.) What I mean was that sometimes when people are angry they get these brilliant ideas, they seem so logical and then they plow full steam ahead only to realize at the last minute how hairbrained it really is. That's when you suddenly realize youre now at a loss of what to do to get yourself out of this mess, so you drive around and eventually you come up with a new plan. Usually its a smarter one but not always.

Exactly what I think TPS is going through right now.

The only reason i suspect it was free is because it is refrred to as a "youth" hostel. I can only find one in Miami Beach on my searches and it is not for youths. Legally I have never heard of an youth being allowed to rent a room so either it was free for youths or it was an adult one and they charged.
Here's a link to a lot of youth hostels in Miami Beach. Their prices are cheaper, but not free. I wonder how Elizabeth ended up at a "hostel" anyway, not something I would have thought of at her age. Maybe she just arrived at one by chance but it seems weird, like the Tornado Bus choice.

http://www.hostelsweb.com/cities/miami.html

Youth hostels charge in most major cities that I know of ---
The youth hostel I am familiar with in Santa Monica, CA charges about 50 bucks a night
It belongs to one of the largest youth hostel organizations stateside http://www.hihostels.com

Here's a link to a lot of youth hostels in Miami Beach. Their prices are cheaper, but not free. I wonder how Elizabeth ended up at a "hostel" anyway, not something I would have thought of at her age. Maybe she just arrived at one by chance but it seems weird, like the Tornado Bus choice.

Maybe I am missing something why do they call it a youth hostel if it is for adults only? Thats why I am having a hard time finding one for actual youths.

I wonder if she got them from her Garmin GPS. It will tell you what is closest to you.

Whatever happened to the sketch of the couple that EJ met in the park -- the one she was working on w/ LE (per NG's blog)?

Maybe I am missing something why do they call it a youth hostel if it is for adults only? Thats why I am having a hard time finding one for actual youths.
I don't know, but it seems to be a common term used in Florida. Maybe that's why it was reported, from the Miami PD, that she had been located at one.

Whatever happened to the sketch of the couple that EJ met in the park -- the one she was working on w/ LE (per NG's blog)?

She would not cooperate with police on that either.

IMO, there is NO couple at the park. another lie that EJ spews from her mouth.
(much like Casey)

The only reason i suspect it was free is because it is refrred to as a "youth" hostel. I can only find one in Miami Beach on my searches and it is not for youths. Legally I have never heard of an youth being allowed to rent a room so either it was free for youths or it was an adult one and they charged.

I have never heard of a youth hostel being free - they are cheap. Typically, these days they are just called hostels (at least in the US), but someone probably just picked up the old lingo.

Here are hostels in Miami

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...&gl=us&q=miami+beach+hostels&btnG=Search+Maps

Most news say it was a hostel on/in Miami Beach

LE denies she was ever cooperating with them and was not providing a description. Another NG "bomb" instead of a "bombshell."

Maybe it was a "let me say where we met so you can just agree" thing - I don't know about that story.

What I am wondering if who are all the folks Tammi says commended her for turning over Gabriel to Tammi and so she can't under stand why everyone is having a problem with it now? I do think in this case, she is telling the truth. I wish the reporter had asked her and had quit inflicting "Tammi said, Tammi did" on her as that was just promoting Tammi as the authority figure and allowing Tammi a certain voice that should not be constantly promoted. Since Elizabeth can't see it as wrong to have taken Gabriel away from Logan, I think that makes it less likely she can see Tammi might have manipulated her. It sounds like the two of them were together in the hate Logan crowd. But, again, the reporter doesn't ever ask how can yopou give the baby away to two stranger who want him and justify not giving him to his father - at least when Elizabeth is answering him repeatedly about how she could give Gabriel away to strangers and how does she know he is not dead. Or ask Tammi that question as someone would have to lie and it might give the public or LE some insight on the two of them.

I'm going to listen to the second half closely, but I think about midway through that tape Elizabeth is caught in a lie - when she talks about "when you give your kid up for adoption". I don't think she would have abruptly gone to that as a reason for giving Gabriel to strangers in the park unless what she actually thought was those people were adopting the kid - which means they were set-up to adopt him. Just my hunches, could be wrong.

That phone call just emphasis how little Tammie Smith ever loved and cared about that little boy, because any normal person would have been absolutely outraged the minute she said she had given him to strangers.

I'm just a small-town girl, but I never heard of a hostel anywhere except in a novel before this case. :)

The public info officer from Tempe said that was rumor. Not really sure if it was or not, just what he said. It was an interview, I think on NG, so I don't have a link.

Well most hostels I know are also called youth hostels, but "youths" as defined as under 18 usually need to be accompanied by an adult

I am under the assumption that most connect the word "youth" with hostel because that is how they came about in Europe for "youth" not necessarily under 18, but young enough to not mind sleeping in a dorm, and young enough to not want to spend money on expensive hotels -- they just want to have a pillow to hit at the end of the day

This has been my experience in Europe and the states

I remember the word 'youth' being used, but she's 23 y/o so how could she have gotten into a 'youth' hostel anyway. I think that could've been a mis-speak. What I'm still not clear on though is how did LE find her. :waitasec:

I'm just a small-town girl, but I never heard of a hostel anywhere except in a novel before this case. :)
I didn't know a thing about hostels, before this case (had to google). There seems to be many of them in Miami Beach, other parts of Florida I'm not sure about.

Well most hostels I know are also called youth hostels, but "youths" as defined as under 18 usually need to be accompanied by an adult

I am under the assumption that most connect the word "youth" with hostel because that is how they came about in Europe for "youth" not necessarily under 18, but young enough to not mind sleeping in a dorm, and young enough to not want to spend money on expensive hotels -- they just want to have a pillow to hit at the end of the day

This has been my experience in Europe and the states

Ok, now I understand! I feel silly now. I was calling the one in Miami, asking about one for youths and I kept emphasizing that on the phone too. A "youth" hostel and he keep telling me there are about 9 of them, and I was like one for "youths"? LOL He must have thought I was nuts. It kind of sounded like Abbott and Costello and who is on 3rd?

I think youth means young adult when it comes to hostels. Youth hostels used to be very common and popular with college-aged Americans traveling abroad in Europe. May still be, IDK. But mosts kids this age would travel as cheaply as they could so almost exclusively stayed at "youth hostels".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53