Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in a few years or less there will be a coup pulled on Miscavige. It will either come from within scientology itself or from a federal investigation. I'm hoping for a federal investigation.

A lot of people are defecting to the spin off group already. Miscavige's tyranny will eventually come to a close.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Or DM running with all the $ into hiding before mutiny.

This article suggests the same, it is 4 pages. Comments are great too.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/07/scientology_dani_lemberger.php

Just heard a blurb on t.v. Dateline will have a show tonight on Scientology (not sure if it will be just about a guy suing for wages) and the TC/KH marriage set up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-Scientology-HQ--just-days-ago-July-4.html

I'd been pinched – hard – in some kind of strange lie-detector test and seen rooms where people went to be ‘purified’.

What?????

From the article:

‘You need to begin your purification process, too. That ranges between $3,000 and $5,000 and you’ll need to spend several hours a day sweating out the toxins of your life while adhering to a strict vitamin regime. You can start that today.’

All I can say is, buy your own vitamins and join or gym, or at this time of year just sit around and sweat it out in the heat, lol!

All this vitamin stuff is worrying. Taking too many vitamins can cause health problems, as my brother found out when he went workout nut, vitamin popper, shake drinker. Saunas for some can also cause problems. (Been waiting to get that out for a few days, forgive my rant.)

Every article about scientology that is released between now and thr Suri cusstory decision will be filled with mind altering tactics ... such as ... research it yourself, figure it out yourself, but in the mean time, hold on to electrodes and explain all mental confusion ... every detail ... 10 times over.

This guy tells how they tried to destroy him once he became an SP. Worth the watch, but he speaks in a slowish, quiet manner:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xrn2nGiYZ4"]Gerry Armstrong: "I am Scientologists' enemy no.1" - YouTube[/ame]

I am greatly disturbed by the Court Orders in the U.S.! (Not to mention they tried to kill him. Heck, it's all incredibly disturbing!)

TC is so full of himself sometimes. Look at how he words the following statement from his entertainment lawyer:

A source said: 'Tom has told Dennis Wasser and Bert Fields, his long-time entertainment lawyer, that his first priority is getting a court order in place, obviously a temporary one, that will allow him to legally see his daughter.
'Team Cruise has extensive documentation to prove that Los Angeles is where the case should proceed, because this is where he says they have lived.
'Tom is extremely disappointed that Katie filed in New York, and he feels that she is trying to cut him out of their daughter's life.
'Tom won't tolerate it and told his lawyers that if he personally needs to go to court and make a plea in front of the judge for an order allowing him to see his daughter, he will.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...divorce-war-Katie-heats-up.html#ixzz1zy5F705g

Oh whats's that you say Tom, you are not going to ' TOLERATE it.' And if you have to speak to the judge about it, then you WILL. wow

LOL, I hope he does take that attitude in front of a NY judge. I doubt they would be any more impressed by it than I am. :floorlaugh:

The irony of what the Scientologists are saying to those picketing is really comical. When they say things such as (to the guy with the camera) Do you do everything he says to? or Do you have an original thought of your own? And at the same time they are doing the bidding of whomever it was that decided to send out the troops. They are using the tactics that the higher up in Scientology told them to use.

I also noticed a child in the group of Scientologists. A child that was brought out there to do what the adults are doing. A child that is engaging in the taunts and flag waving along with the adults. A child that was there to hear some of the very vulgar and disgusting things coming from these "religious" people. But yet the "church" is full of "enlightened" people that are so much better off than the rest of us poor souls to the point of those "enlightened" people being the only ones that can save the world. Very sad. Also very harmful to that child and every other child that has been subjected to this behaviour.

MOO
MOO too, but when I saw them all come out, and start "walk/block" with the actual protesters, and then the cops came and lined up, I thought that if I was driving by, I would've thought that all of them were protesting scientology. LOL.

And yes, I saw the little girl. She knows no better...but how horrible for her. And how difficult it will be to ever come away from that, being raised to believe that "SPs" are out to get them, and indoctrinated with the paranoia that scientology espouses.

I remember a conversation from back when I worked for a scientologist (who has since left the "church"), where this person was talking about "when the government comes, the first that will go is the intelligensia. Scientologists are the intelligensia, and they will come for us first. Because we know the truth, and that truth is that the government is suppressive, and wants us dead." Then this person told me, "the guns are in *advertiser censored* room, and here's the combo to the safe, and if you need to use them, do so." I remember thinking, at somewhere around 19, that the government being suppressive and coming after those they considered a threat (the intelligensia) made a weird kind of sense. At 19, it really kinda did. But at 25, it didn't...and it really doesn't now. LOL.

This was in the mid80s to late 80s, during the time of the original German issues and right about the time of LRH's "disappearance" (about a year or so) before his death. I remember working for this person when LRH did die...and how interesting it really was to watch the members of the church sort of gather around and worry that now that LRH was officially gone, the government was going to come after them full force.

I thank God that I wasn't as gullible (or rich) as others...I was offered many opportunities to "join", and again, was exposed to a whole lot of the "tech"...but never went that direction, despite being interested somewhat and curious, as a lot of late teens/early 20s are, in alternative faith and belonging to a group.

Just a bit of insight into the paranoia aspect of scientology. There is a whole lot of indoctrination that occurs, and when I consider the children of the cult, I cry inside.

Best-
Herding Cats

LOL, I hope he does take that attitude in front of a NY judge. I doubt they would be any more impressed by it than I am. :floorlaugh:

Lol, so true. I doubt NY Judges do favors for stars, much less listen to hissy fits.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us Herdingcats. It all sounds so 3rd world. Sorry if that is not politically correct, I lack pc terminology.

I was thinking that the advent of celebs may have been the beginning of a critical breakdown. Sure it brought money (for whatever the $ is used for) and probably many new members. But did it turn the critical eye on them? Most groups would know to fly low level and off the grid when the subject matter and issues of well being are at stake. Not sure.

Having problems posting, so if this shows up twice or with weird spaces, that is why.

Just a random thought after watching all those videos yesterday and reading that some think John T has been very sad for a few years and after the tragedy of losing his son.

I don't think stars are put through all the same stuff regular people are in Scientology, but I wonder if, at whatever OT level, they too are told that tragedies will never befall them. Of course that is as absurd as you will never die, but that is part of the higher level OT stuff. At any rate, would a tragedy not shake you out of your belief in Scientology and the b.s. it is?

I'm still wondering if celebs don't join just b/c they have a special celeb building, and for the eye for an eye backup, and jobs through connections with others, fringe benefits. Guess I still have a hard time with how people can believe in this stuff, other than the sad ones born into it and know no better.

people join cults or stumble in to cults (or regular ol churches) because they are seeking something to fill a void or seeking direction in their life because they feel they have no control or just seeking something on an emotional/mental/spiritual level....

im sure JT and Maverick joined in search of something on a personal basis....and were sold this amazing solution....some people totally get sold with super charisma and hopes and promises of a better life....look at all the "lifestyle and motivational speakers" that rack in craploads of money and have followers all over the world....

not to slam on churches (i was literally brought up in one and have enough insight to give valid opinions) but most regular ol' churches (of varying denominations) do this too....i dont see a lot of differences: confess of your sins, live a certain way or god shall be mad, follow these rules or else, threats of hell, judgments of people not like you, trust in god to heal you (not man), etc etc etc...

the little thing with scientology is that in the beginning they gather all this intel on you telling you it is cleansing you and giving you a fresh start blah blah blah....so it is possible that there is some serious intel (dirt) they collected on many celebs and those celebs fear that being used against them if they leave or speak out. then there is the fact that some celebs arent very involved so its just one of those things they signed up for and they go about their life not giving it another thought.....then you have the celebs like Maverick who are so freaking charismatic themselves that they are the ones who slide into the roles of leader of said cult....

I believe ol' Vincent Vega and Maverick (because their personalities just really fit these characters lol) are in so deep they could never get out nor want to if they could....they just have those kinds of personalities that are ripe for cults...and probably crap loads of secrets....

^^rambling thoughts not being fully awake....may make no sense lol

I agree with you prima.facie. You made perfect sense.

I think for TC perhaps the intrigue of having a secret, even if one does not exist, is as important as air. Some people are like that and then you find out there really was no secret or anything to what was thought to be intriguing. It was all in the person's own mind. However, intrigue sells.

(I don't know who Vincent Vega is, will look it up. Heck, I don't know who TC is other than he was an actor in Top Gun, which I did not like, and Magnolia, which I think he played himself well, but still don't like his acting style.) ETA: Lol, that took 2 secs, VV is the role JT played in Pulp Fiction. Samuel Jackson was the best actor in that film-to me.

While doing some searching for information on two of the people that are "prominent" in the "church" that Bob Minton (the man responisble for the mad protest video posted on earlier post) I came across a site that has interesting information from an ex-scientologist. This woman, PP, even had the guts to post the question form that SeaOrg expects their members to fill out and give back to them. Some parts that are really worrisome follows:

8. Please list the names and adresses of your brothers and sisters (if any), and what their job history is, where they live and with who. What is your attitude towards them?

9. List your friends (even prior to Scientology) and what sort of relationship you had, and what sort of jobs they held and are holding now. Also please state what your comm has consisted of since being in Scientology.

11. Give a general 2-D history for yourself, including your earliest sexual experience of any kind, when you started dating, and the names of all persons involved. Make a chronological list by month/year of the names of all persons with whom you have had sexual relationships and what you engaged in. Approximate the number of times you carried on any kind of activity, and note any perversions you engaged in: WHO, WHAT, HOW OFTEN. Be as complete as you can.

16. List any connections to terminals listed in the following groups.

A. Intelligence organizations B. Organized medicine C. Banking industry D. The Media E. Goverment F. Public Relation Firms G. Psychiatry, psychiatrists, psychologists, etc.

http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/history3.htm

I am sure that the real reason behind these very personal questions are so that the "church" can have them on file to use against anyone that decides to blow or leave in the more preferred way. It also appears that the "church" is looking for people that they can indoctrinate that are in positions of helping the "church" in certain areas of life. The above link has the full form posted.

Below is the link for the site that I found concerning one of the big wigs at that protest, stories told by PP who has left the "church".

http://www.anti-scientologie.ch/patty-pieniadz.htm

^^^Very disturbing indeed, torismom!

Looking over the page, I would never answer any of those questions. Especially not for a "church".

While doing some searching for information on two of the people that are "prominent" in the "church" that Bob Minton (the man responisble for the mad protest video posted on earlier post) I came across a site that has interesting information from an ex-scientologist. This woman, PP, even had the guts to post the question form that SeaOrg expects their members to fill out and give back to them. Some parts that are really worrisome follows:

8. Please list the names and adresses of your brothers and sisters (if any), and what their job history is, where they live and with who. What is your attitude towards them?

9. List your friends (even prior to Scientology) and what sort of relationship you had, and what sort of jobs they held and are holding now. Also please state what your comm has consisted of since being in Scientology.

11. Give a general 2-D history for yourself, including your earliest sexual experience of any kind, when you started dating, and the names of all persons involved. Make a chronological list by month/year of the names of all persons with whom you have had sexual relationships and what you engaged in. Approximate the number of times you carried on any kind of activity, and note any perversions you engaged in: WHO, WHAT, HOW OFTEN. Be as complete as you can.

16. List any connections to terminals listed in the following groups.

A. Intelligence organizations B. Organized medicine C. Banking industry D. The Media E. Goverment F. Public Relation Firms G. Psychiatry, psychiatrists, psychologists, etc.

http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/history3.htm

I am sure that the real reason behind these very personal questions are so that the "church" can have them on file to use against anyone that decides to blow or leave in the more preferred way. It also appears that the "church" is looking for people that they can indoctrinate that are in positions of helping the "church" in certain areas of life. The above link has the full form posted.

Below is the link for the site that I found concerning one of the big wigs at that protest, stories told by PP who has left the "church".

http://www.anti-scientologie.ch/patty-pieniadz.htm

It it scary to me that there are people, and evidently alot of people that are willing to answer those questions and many others for what seems to most to be a scam. jmo what is that saying, build it and they will come.

I read PP's story, scary stuff! Then the person's story after hers. I just feel sorry for those lost enough to go through all of that stuff there, and then all the stuff afterward. There is nothing going on there that is "religious" to me. That is just my opinion.

I did find something funny b/c of that site, if you like Southpark:

http://www.myspace.com/video/barrel-o-ham/south-park-tom-cruise-in-closet/2482318

Interesting article on the legal aspects. And, TC and KH own a townhouse in Manhattan! Not the place KH is staying currently though.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/07/why-katie-holmes-may-win-custody.html

This is not just an interesting article it's a great one! It contradicts what CA attorney experts have had to say with regard to whether Katie would win a jurisdictional fight and says she would and the case will stay in NY (which is what I firmly believe - she has enough contacts there).

But even better is what it says about how NY judges, as opposed to CA judges may view scientology with respect to child custody:

Mike Kelly, a Santa Monica divorce lawyer and former chairman of the American Bar Association’s custody committee told the Los Angeles Times last week that California courts would not view Scientology differently than another other religions, and that Cruise would be allowed to raise Suri in his faith while she was with him. But Hennessey and others who have experience with both celebrity and high-worth divorces that involve religious differences insist that that is untrue in New York. The church’s policy of disconnection would come into play if the case wound up in court, says Hennessey: “The judges don’t like anything that smacks of parental alienation. They don’t like even the suggestion that one parent would poison the mind of the child against the other parent. That’s considered a deal breaker.”

The fact that Scientology has such a strong opposition to psychiatric medications for conditions including ADHD and depression also could affect a judge. Ross, who has testified in many cases relating to Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Christian sect that opposes blood transfusions and practices a form of shunning called “disfellowship,” says that the courts “aren’t comfortable with religions that are ‘non-accommodating’ and could threaten the child’s health. That’s where they tend to draw the line.”

And while Scientology has long fought to be regarded as a legitimate, even mainstream, practice, Holmes’s divorce action is likely to highlight how alien most people, including New York matrimonial judges, find the church. “No snake-handler religion is ever going to get custody of that child,” says Hennessey. “No way.”
See, in my experience, judges wouldn't touch the religious freedom aspect at all until actual harm was shown (by then, it could come too late). But we have experts here saying NY may be a different animal when it comes to that. Thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is excellent news and indeed shows how smart Katie is!

Just heard a blurb on t.v. Dateline will have a show tonight on Scientology (not sure if it will be just about a guy suing for wages) and the TC/KH marriage set up.

I wrote an email to Dateline asking them to do something on scientology. I'm sure that's the only reason they're doing it. :seeya:

He could yell about how much he loves Suri and then jump up on his chair and then the table and onto the floor screaming about how much he loves Suri and then jump up onto the witness chair and onto the railing and then onto the judges desk and then onto the judges lap and then run around the courtroom until the bailiffs get him down and finally some guys with the white coats take him away.

I agree with you prima.facie. You made perfect sense.

I think for TC perhaps the intrigue of having a secret, even if one does not exist, is as important as air. Some people are like that and then you find out there really was no secret or anything to what was thought to be intriguing. It was all in the person's own mind. However, intrigue sells.

(I don't know who Vincent Vega is, will look it up. Heck, I don't know who TC is other than he was an actor in Top Gun, which I did not like, and Magnolia, which I think he played himself well, but still don't like his acting style.) ETA: Lol, that took 2 secs, VV is the role JT played in Pulp Fiction. Samuel Jackson was the best actor in that film-to me.

When Quentin Tarantino picked JT to play VV in Pulp Fiction his career was on the skids. He had just finished taking "the look who's talking" series to the point of the dogs talking. There really wasn't a next step in that movie franchise. Then QT cast him in a major role in one of the biggest box office hits ever. His career was resurrected to the point where he was getting $20 million a film again. If JT wants to give money for helping him become successful he should be cutting checks to QT. JMO

I read PP's story, scary stuff! Then the person's story after hers. I just feel sorry for those lost enough to go through all of that stuff there, and then all the stuff afterward. There is nothing going on there that is "religious" to me. That is just my opinion.

I did find something funny b/c of that site, if you like Southpark:

http://www.myspace.com/video/barrel-o-ham/south-park-tom-cruise-in-closet/2482318

A friend and I just watched that SP again yesterday. :laughcry:

Interesting article on the legal aspects. And, TC and KH own a townhouse in Manhattan! Not the place KH is staying currently though.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/07/why-katie-holmes-may-win-custody.html

This is not just an interesting article it's a great one! It contradicts what CA attorney experts have had to say with regard to whether Katie would win a jurisdictional fight and says she would and the case will stay in NY (which is what I firmly believe - she has enough contacts there).

But even better is what it says about how NY judges, as opposed to CA judges may view scientology with respect to child custody:

See, in my experience, judges wouldn't touch the religious freedom aspect at all until actual harm was shown (by then, it could come too late). But we have experts here saying NY may be a different animal when it comes to that. Thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is excellent news and indeed shows how smart Katie is!

The "Tom's Beard" search committee made a big mistake in not taking Katie's father into account more seriously. I have little doubt that he was the first one she talked to and he told her to move to NY to establish residence and then make sure you file before Tom does. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288