Trial Thread 4/12/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just so happy he didn't waste LE's time by taking them to the studio, down a hallway, stopping dead in his tracks, turning around and stating ... okay I can't dance :floorlaugh::rocker: :woohoo:moo

:floorlaugh::clap::silly::goodpost::thumb:

Here are the tweets regarding the car seat and when it was removed.

http://twitter.com/#!/AM980_Court

To me this means the car seat was gone before the abduction, the witness was wrong the first time, after he re-reads his notes he recalls that, yes in fact the seat was in the shed on March 29th. Earlier in his testimony he said that he saw it out in the trash for spring clean up, which was when the Crown asked when he saw it. Derstine crossed to ask if the seat was in fact out of the car prior to the abduction, which means if the seat wasn't there when Tori was abducted, TLM was not instructed by MR to cut out chunks of the seat because of blood, etc.

Who's to say the seat wasn't put back again before the abduction. Most back seats are just snapped into place, Not a big job to remove or replace.

well at least the Toronto Star reporter is reporting it correctly with no extra padding..

http://www.thestar.com/news/article...o-scientific-evidence-of-rape-trial-told?bn=1

The title says that there was no scientific evidence of rape presented today. If you want to get technical, there has been evidence submitted that indicates, or suggests, depending on your interpretation, that MTR sexually assaulted Tory: TLM's testimony and the fact that Tory was found without her bottoms.

Who was the woman MTR was with when he was arrested?

I believe she was an older woman, but I don't think it was the same woman because she already testified and she gave her name, right?

One thing that has been proven about the accused, beyond all reasonable doubt, is that he has very little respect for others, if any at all.
All these women that he was dealing with AT ONCE... yikes. How disrespectful.
All of his lies to others...
And if the defences suggestion/theory is at all true, that Rafferty did not kill or rape Tori, but did in fact help clean up TLM's mess and kept this big secret, leaving Tori under a pile of rocks... that is the ultimate disrespect for human life.

Guilty or not, he is a disrespectful, vile creature. JMO.
:moo:

ETA: this business about the sperm not coming from semen made my head spin. Oh, yes, Rafferty sneezed. Sperm cells everywhere. Right? :what: :waitasec: :doh:

I believe she was an older woman, but I don't think it was the same woman because she already testified and she gave her name, right?

I can't remember if she gave her name but I wonder if they were getting ready to leave town. JMO

We (or atleast I) need a list of the ladies he's dated. I'm getting lost in who is who and when they were involved with him.

God bless the Jurors.

MR's mega woman list. More than likely using them all at the same time. Am I missing any women? Ten so far. HTH

-TLM - helped MR abduct Tori for sexual deviance
-Lane -
-<modsnipped> - G/F at the time of his arrest
-Joy - met MR in GLF parking lot day of his arrest
-Amanda
-Kate
-BA ex lover, girly talks with MR, drug dealer
-Hodge
-T. Moore aka Tam Tam, met on Yahoo 2003. MR bought car in 2007, used car lot in TO
-M. LaBute, Staples described MR as needy.

"Danushka" or something like that. She dated him in Guelph.

The title says that there was no scientific evidence of rape presented today. If you want to get technical, there has been evidence submitted that indicates, or suggests, depending on your interpretation, that MTR sexually assaulted Tory: TLM's testimony and the fact that Tory was found without her bottoms.

Yes that article pretty much suggests that McLean has stated that the entire science of DNA is unreliable and they have no idea if blood stains or any other stains are really just multiple stains on top of each other. Or how sperm would get somewhere when there is no trace of semen.

I have never trusted the science of DNA. There are just too many possibilities and variables for me. Although I do think it's useful in determining identity markers only.

MOO

Who was the woman MTR was with when he was arrested?

That was another new relationship he was "working on" according to his interview with LE on May 15th. He didn't want to give her full name because he didn't want to mess it up. Her initials are JW.

MOO

One thing that has been proven about the accused, beyond all reasonable doubt, is that he has very little respect for others, if any at all.
All these women that he was dealing with AT ONCE... yikes. How disrespectful.
All of his lies to others...
And if the defences suggestion/theory is at all true, that Rafferty did not kill or rape Tori, but did in fact help clean up TLM's mess and kept this big secret, leaving Tori under a pile of rocks... that is the ultimate disrespect for human life.

Guilty or not, he is a disrespectful, vile creature. JMO.
:moo:

ETA: this business about the sperm not coming from semen made my head spin. Oh, yes, Rafferty sneezed. Sperm cells everywhere. Right? :what: :waitasec: :doh:

Let's not forget the horrible days and months that went by while Tori's family waited and prayed to know what happened to their precious daughter. And the thousands of man hours and thousands of people involved in the search for Tori and then on the investigation itself, when all along he knew where Tori was.:maddening::twocents:

If MTR is found guilty of all charges, he only serves one twenty-five year "life" sentence, right?

MR's mega woman list. More than likely using them all at the same time. Am I missing any women? Ten so far. HTH

-TLM - helped MR abduct Tori for sexual deviance
-Lane -
-<modsnip> - G/F at the time of his arrest
-Joy - met MR in GLF parking lot day of his arrest
-Amanda
-Kate
-BA ex lover, girly talks with MR, drug dealer
-Hodge
-T. Moore aka Tam Tam, met on Yahoo 2003. MR bought car in 2007, used car lot in TO
-M. LaBute, Staples described MR as needy.

So, I wonder which one of these women was the one he lived with in Oakville, the one that got him lots of jobs?? MOO

there is only one person so far who has testified that MR raped TS and that is the one who is convicted of murder and also confessed that it was she herself who swung the hammer...what other pieces of evidences are you talking about...can you list them...:what::moo: I may have missed something:banghead::banghead:

My post above #395. EVERYONE who has taken the stand and told their part; that is EVIDENCE. Including TLM stating MR wanted Tori so he could rape her. When you put everyone's testimony together like a puzzle, it tells the complete story. The testimony that TLM gave is the frame of the puzzle and everyone who now has testified has added their pieces. By the end of the Crowns case against MR we will have a complete puzzle. TLM would know exactly what happened that day because she was there and she knows the motive of why Tori was abducted just as LE knew. :moo:

TLM has nothing to lose by telling the truth and I don't know why some people still question her credibility because all the pieces are now fitting. I still have not been able to find any information in the MSM to show she is a chronic/habitual liar. MR's is another story. Seems everything out of his mouth now in evidence given by people who knew him, proves he's nothing but a habitual liar, who had some warped sexual dysfunction, troubles sustaining relationships with women, (I wonder if he had any male friends and if not, why?). One reason may be because most normal men don't like womanizers, cheaters and liars. Decent men are great at detecting idiots when they meet them. MR's was cheater plus many more characteristic flaws against this guy. He thought he could fool many women but seems most caught onto his BS. MR was probably feeling severely rejected by women just prior to Tori's abduction. Kindof like the "loser at love". Bottom line is all these testimonies/evidence does not paint a purdy picture of MR and the jury is getting it first hand. :moo:

there is a guy in the news complaining about getting 18 years for kidnapping a woman, raping her and keeping her for a month (in canada) claims his prison sentence is cruel and unusual. This is the same fellow who years earlier was in prison another time for attacking someone with a machete. Oh dear. IMO

Wow what a day of testimony, the ex gf's he was dating all at the same time, he seems like a wanna be playa a needy one at that. Interesting how he was so interested in Tori's disappearance, I am sure we will hear from more ex's, friends, family in the other chapter.
I wonder why the older ex gf's name is under a publication ban, any ideas?

As too the DNA evidence, I wonder why the crown didn't ask more questions when Derstine was done his cross, like what are the probabilities of the of those scenarios he presented happening? It would definitely be something I would want to know as a juror, to me it would be too much of a Coincidence......

JMO

Let's not forget the horrible days and months that went by while Tori's family waited and prayed to know what happened to their precious daughter. And the thousands of man hours and thousands of people involved in the search for Tori and then on the investigation itself, when all along he knew where Tori was.:maddening::twocents:

Exactly! The ultimate disrespect for human life right there. :maddening: :moo:

JMO........The jury isn't reading forum pages or newspaper articles filled with speculation or condemnation of MR. They aren't reading opinions on his love life, employment choices, or living arrangements.

They are listening attentively to the evidence.

The evidence relating to the charge of sexual assault thus far is.............

Testimony from TLM.

No evidence of sexual assault from pathology report.

No evidence of sexual assault from DNA evidence.

I don't see any jury convicting on no evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts