UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being married in the temple, they made certain covenants with each other. She simply wanted Josh to live up to those covenants. Josh not going to church is not what she bought into and it's not what she wanted for her children.

exactly omegagal, thats what i was trying to say, lol!

i was married to an LDS for 13 years...he wasnt very active but his family was. his sisters were married in the temple etc. and it is a really big deal. so if susan and josh were married in the temple and now josh wont even go to church, well that would be a BIG change in behavior/personality wouldnt it?? i can see what susan was upset about - betrayed big time. but like most abusers im sure he probably told her that it was all her fault...

I don't think Susan put the Church ahead of her marriage as someone has indicated. She was married for time and eternity, not till death do us part. She was perfectly in her rights to expect certain behavior from Josh.

I don't think Susan put the Church ahead of her marriage as someone has indicated. She was married for time and eternity, not till death do us part. She was perfectly in her rights to expect certain behavior from Josh.

i agree!

ot- i love your piggy granny :)

Ugh...I know this was discussed upthread, but I was just re-watching his media interview (the one with the blue snow hat) and the upper right lip curl of Josh's bugs the living crap out of me. What is that? Geez, somebody make it stop!

Ugh...I know this was discussed upthread, but I was just re-watching his media interview (the one with the blue snow hat) and the upper right lip curl of Josh's bugs the living crap out of me. What is that? Geez, somebody make it stop!

i dont know how you stand to watch that - i just want to jump through the tv and choke the living crap out of him :furious:

maybe the four year old...but the two year old?? i dont have any idea as i do not have any kids,lol. but i have a baby brother and i dont think he could do that when he was two :crazy:

The 4 yo could probably go outside. Maybe the 2 yo, but I doubt it. Most kids are just learning at that age and feel uncomfortable going in public, much less in subzero temperatures, I would imagine. I think he must have stopped somewhere, at the very least for gas. I hope a lot of the tips that have been coming in to LE are people who are reporting sightings at gas stations or bringing the kids in to go potty.

I am thinking that Josh (not that much of a caring father-FAKE)
Took the kids somewhere that night........(friend)
the boys were in good shape, no frost bite etc.
Sons slept in a warm place, he had help, (friend) sworn to a secret.
He hid Susan in a familiar place close to home.
Josh wants people to think he was away for 17 hours, but NO ONE
saw him or the boys anywhere.........they were right there in the city!
Then he came back for the boys, took them to camp and do smores in daylight.
So 4 year old says yes we were at camp and we had smores, but no one asked
where he slept that entire night!
I do not think they spent the night in the van.
Nor do I think he drove in a blizzard.
That is why Josh won't allow the 4 year old out of his sight!
There is another person who knows something and is being quiet!
I think LE has a good idea who the other person is...........
This is my own opinion!

I may have missed this being discussed but here goes:

Maybe Josh had a life insurance policy covering Susan from a previous place of employment. Or maybe Susan had a life insurance policy on herself that would go to her children! Guess I'm thinking serial murderer Drew Peterson and his first wife, Kathleen Savio.

Is there any evidence, anywhere, that Josh was ever a good dad?

I need clarification on one thing if anyone can help. Did Josh take the boys with him then when he left the house after dinner and returned at 8:30 p.m.? Is that when they went sledding? I saw that on someone's timeline and question it.

Then, around Midnite he takes the boys out again and they're gone all night, and the next day don't arrive back home where Susan is missing until 5 p.m.? He must have stopped someplace, and hopefully someplace with a video camera. It might point to likely places to find Susan, but it might just show nothing more than Josh and boys stopping someplace.

I think we all agree though that finding Susan as soon as possible would help "roast his chestnuts".

Hi - I'm new here and have been reading your posts --

I'm with you! It is the most irritating thing about him (besides the 'nuts' part)!! It gives me the grossest feeling - I'm wondering if he always had that, or did he just acquire that little behavior? I'd constantly be looking at his mouth.

Because really - I am having the HARDEST time imagining someone as pretty and intelligent as Susan thinking that was in the least way attractive! I cannot even imagine what another MAN would think while talking to him!

Ewwww!

I need clarification on one thing if anyone can help. Did Josh take the boys with him then when he left the house after dinner and returned at 8:30 p.m.? Is that when they went sledding? I saw that on someone's timeline and question it.

Then, around Midnite he takes the boys out again and they're gone all night, and the next day don't arrive back home where Susan is missing until 5 p.m.? He must have stopped someplace, and hopefully someplace with a video camera. It might point to likely places to find Susan, but it might just show nothing more than Josh and boys stopping someplace.

I think we all agree though that finding Susan as soon as possible would help "roast his chestnuts".

Josh told the Owings lady around 5pm that he was taking the boys sledding & then going to get something to eat...a neighbor saw him back at the house @ 8:30pm....I haven't read there were eyewitnesses that saw them sledding, or saw the boys leave w/ him when he said he was taking them sledding....so Josh saying he was taking them sledding is what we "know" for the time being.

Josh told the Owings lady around 5pm that he was taking the boys sledding & then going to get something to eat...a neighbor saw him back at the house @ 8:30pm....I haven't read there were eyewitnesses that saw them sledding, or saw the boys leave w/ him when he said he was taking them sledding....so Josh saying he was taking them sledding is what we "know" for the time being.

I apologize so much -- I need to go back and read, but if Josh told that woman he was taking the kids to get something to eat -- what happened to the pancakes? Did the two little ones sit there while the adults ate?

Hi - I'm new here and have been reading your posts --

I'm with you! It is the most irritating thing about him (besides the 'nuts' part)!! It gives me the grossest feeling - I'm wondering if he always had that, or did he just acquire that little behavior? I'd constantly be looking at his mouth.

Because really - I am having the HARDEST time imagining someone as pretty and intelligent as Susan thinking that was in the least way attractive! I cannot even imagine what another MAN would think while talking to him!

Ewwww!

BBM I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder and LOVE IS BLIND! What is so odd, so many people saying that Josh is ODD, and no one seemed to even like him??????

I apologize so much -- I need to go back and read, but if Josh told that woman he was taking the kids to get something to eat -- what happened to the pancakes? Did the two little ones sit there while the adults ate?

It doesn't make sense does it? Supposedly he & the kids ate in the kitchen....I guess he was thinking it sounded logical the kids would be hungry after sledding.

I'm still trying to figure out the sledding in the dark thing myself. :waitasec:

IMO, Josh made up the story as he was interviewed.
Maybe stopped and got cookie & milk?
So much to ask a 4 almost 5 year old........he would tell us!

Since he might have poisoned Susan's food, he probably needed a different meal plan for his kids. JMO

It doesn't make sense does it? Supposedly he & the kids ate in the kitchen....I guess he was thinking it sounded logical the kids would be hungry after sledding.

I'm still trying to figure out the sledding in the dark thing myself. :waitasec:

I wonder if there was a place in the neighborhood where everyone went sledding -- but, you know, they're in Utah - it snows all the time! I'm from Washington, DC, and it didn't snow that much, so that would be a treat to go sledding and we probably would do it whenever we could, but NOT a 2 and 4-year-old, and hey, he could take them sledding TOMORROW.

He was just trying to get rid of that scary woman, I think.

as for JoVanna....maybe Susan said she needed to lie down to get away from her?? I might do that myself

:floorlaugh:

Just common sense tells us that the more "strict" , structured, a religion is , the more that people will insist that a spouse be involved, and that they won't want to marry outside the religion'

which is why you don't see many "Muslims" married to non muslims ...

I live in South Florida and I know a fair amount of "mixed" marriages, Jewish and Protestant, Jewish and Catholic...BUT the Jewish people are/were "reform" NOT Orthodox...you don't see the Orthodox Jews with the beards and the long skirts marrying out of their religion

same goes with Amish....devout "born again" Christians...and so on

people who are not involved with their religion totally can be quite compatable...like a Jewish person who goes to Temple on High Holy days married to a Christian who goes to church for Christmas Mass and Easter....they can have a Hannaka bush and a Christmas tree and be open minded

I don't think that many Mormons marry outside their faith and still remain active in it...their big deal is to marry in the Temple right??

Just popped in, not even gonna touch this one lm... not today lol... having a joyful, peaceful Christmas and wishing all my friends the same :biggrin:

ChristmasChristian.gif

:parrot:

Actually, I think the sledding in the dark thing makes perfect sense...

...when you compare it to going camping at 12:30 AM.

I mean, if we're grading on a curve.

EXACTLY we were told what Josh wants us to know...and I do not believe 1 word he is saying!
......sledding, out to eat, camping, smores...........
he is a liar (someone posted a friends newslink IIRC yesterday) so I don't believe anything he says...........
BUT in every lie comes 1 bit of truth............
so did the boys and him go to a friends house and sled down a lit up driveway and have a snack?
Did he leave the boys there while he went back home to 'CLEAN' and dispose of Susan?
at 8:30 with night and tinted windows going into a garage, I doubt if anyone saw anything but the van going in.
At 12:30am did he go back to friends and stay til morning?
Then did he take his sons on a drive called camping, sled and smores?
Drive around town and come home at 5pm after 2 phone calls from 2 woman looking for him?
Who was the woman in the van after he got it back from LE?
I'd like to see that video better. 3rd day???? his sister? mother? or friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie