17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter. This is a message board, not a courtroom. What's going on with Zimmerman is no different than what has happened to Casey Anthony, Scott Peterson, Terri Horman, the DiPietro family, Jarred Harrell, John Gardner, the Irvin's, nor any of the rest. If they are accused of a crime, we talk about it. There was a lot of Scott Peterson that was never brought into the courtroom but does that mean we can't discuss it? If that's the case, then they just as well shut every website down that follows crime cases. I can certainly understand not allowing conversation if Zimmerman wasn't charged with a crime, and in fact, we weren't allowed to discuss him until such time that he was arrested.

~jmo~

Thanks for your reply. As a member of WS for years, I am well aware of everything you posted. No one said anything about your right or any poster's right to discuss Zimmerman. :)

This is what I posted.

You do realize all the unconfirmed,incomplete information, in regards to Zimmerman's past,will never make it into the court room, don't you? IMO That is, if this case ever goes to trial.

I don't see the clarity you mention. The officer first says he "began to canvas the area". That could not be vaguer: we have no way of knowing how long he "canvassed" or how far he walked before finding the body. We only know from his account that the body was found between two buildings, each of which contains numerous residences and is rather long.

Yes, two addresses are mentioned, but as we've all noted, nearly everyone who called 911 gave his individual unit's address. In the rush of the moment, nobody seems to be giving a precise GPS location of the body. The dispatcher is merely repeating two addresses she heard from two different callers. I don't see how that proves the body was lying in an invisible trapezoid drawn between those two units.

Don't get me wrong: I hope you're right and the body was indeed far from where the sidewalks met. Because that will disprove--definitively in my mind--GZ's story about crossing the green to check the address and then returning to his car.

LE was responsible for securing the scene before the SFD could be cleared to come in. At that point LE would have had to have given SFD an accurate address. Whereas LE was responding to many calls from different residences they would have given SFD an exact location once the area was secured. That is my understanding. jmo

Yes, it's possible. It depends on whether the prosecution or defense requests lesser charges be included, and whether the judge agrees that a reasonable jury might opt for one of those lesser offenses based on the evidence.

IANAL, but I have been a juror in California on a case where all three options (2nd degree, voluntary and involuntary manslaughter) were included. The requirements for each are specific and must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Some of the posts here seem to imply that if you have a REALLY strong case, you get to go for murder; but you settle for manslaughter if you have a weaker case. That may happen sometimes with bad juries and I've heard stories of juries "compromising" on the middle charge. But it's not supposed to be the way the law works.

Thanks, also did some googling and see that there are cases where there are several lesser charges included.

So I suppose that it isn't necessarily all or nothing ( second degree or acquittal ) if this case does go to trial.

JMHO

What is your point?

< mod snip >

In case you have missed it they ARE victims also, their son was MURDERED, they are trying to take the most horrific thing that can happen to a parent and try to bring some measure of good from it.

But hopefully that is what you were trying to point out, right????

These two wonderful, gracious parents are trying to bring some good meaning out of the needless, insane, paranoid, psychotic act of George Zimmerman.

When I was a murder-trial juror in California, we were told no, we could not opt for 1st degree because the prosecution wasn't asking for it. Or maybe it was because the judge ruled the evidence couldn't reasonably support 1st degree.

But I know we were specifically told we did NOT have the option of raising the charge.

Nova, thanks for the clarification....

When I was a murder-trial juror in California, we were told no, we could not opt for 1st degree because the prosecution wasn't asking for it. Or maybe it was because the judge ruled the evidence couldn't reasonably support 1st degree.

But I know we were specifically told we did NOT have the option of raising the charge.
That was the case in the recent conviction of Andrew Gallo for the 3- 2nd degree murder charges . DA basically asked for 2nd degree or acquittal,IIRC in the drunk driving death of Adenhart and his friends. I always thought it was a risky strategy and LIO's did not have to be included if prosecution did not ask for them. Maybe it is a Cali thing?

Trayvon knew not to run.

I think that's interesting.

G/F said "run". Trayvon said he wasn't going to. Trayvon must have known that if he was running, he'd draw more attention to himself.

Perhaps Trayvon sensed he was in danger, the way he'd been followed. If someone's following you by car, if possible, you can err on the side of caution and take a route between houses where that car can't follow you. (I've done this before - bet many have.)

If then they exit the car and pursue you on foot ... you've got to know you're seriously being pursued & you're in trouble.

I would think I was about to be mugged and would have wished I'd stayed on the public street!

y'all probably already thought of that...

LOL I was just wondering how long it would take for someone to find something negative about a rally being held at the two month mark of Trayvon's death.
It also just happens to be the 20th anniversary of the riots associated with the Rodney King beating.

and

"The rally will also remember Oscar Grant, who was beat to death by a former BART officer in 2008; Earl Anthony Dunn, a 32-year-old U.S. postal worker from Compton, who was killed in Boyle Heights March 7, 2012, after an unlicensed driver struck him; and Kendrec McDade, 19, whose shooting March 24 by Pasadena police drew parallels to the Martin shooting."

I wish I could be there.

That Investigator Mr G, at the bond hearing..

some comments were that he wasn't 'prepared', seemed true enough that he wasn't expecting to be called...thus not prepared, in that sense, but

seemed to me to be someone who was itching with info, but couldn't say, at this point

recall that other case in FL, where investigators were communicating via email & phone with some of their experts, ie UT/BF/FBI, but there were not final reports..

so not obligated to share, as yet? possible here?

LOL did that make any sense
Couldn't say at that point? Huh?

He was under oath. If he gave an answer, like "No.", when he knew differently... That's perjury, no question about it.

Annalia, I was thinking about the same thing....If anyone knows the answer please enlighten us...

Also, I was wondering if a jury could increase the charges to something like 1st degree murder...do they have that option as well?

just need a little clarification. TIA!

The only way someone can be charged with first-degree murder in Florida is by a grand jury. If the state decided they had evidence against George showing premeditation, Angela Corey would have to present it to a grand jury and they would decide if it warranted a murder-one charge. :)

Florida grand juries - Palm Beach FL state attorney's site:
http://www.sa15.state.fl.us/stateattorney/ouroffice/divisions/indexHGJ.htm

It also just happens to be the 20th anniversary of the riots associated with the Rodney King beating.

and

"The rally will also remember Oscar Grant, who was beat to death by a former BART officer in 2008; Earl Anthony Dunn, a 32-year-old U.S. postal worker from Compton, who was killed in Boyle Heights March 7, 2012, after an unlicensed driver struck him; and Kendrec McDade, 19, whose shooting March 24 by Pasadena police drew parallels to the Martin shooting."

I wish I could be there.

While I can't be there in person, I'm there in spirit. God bless Trayvon's family for becoming great victim's rights advocates. They have learned a lot in the last 2 months of their lives, things that I do not ever want to have learn myself. I hope they continue with their efforts. They are truly wonderfully remarkable people and Trayvon was so incredibly to have them as his parents. They will fight for his rights until the day they die.

~jmo~

Jack Gray &#8207; @jackgraycnn

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

George Zimmerman's atty tells @andersoncooper exclusively that Zimmerman raised $200k+ thru website.
Full intvu 8pET 10pET

https://twitter.com/?tw_e=screenname&tw_i=195622832632365056&tw_p=tweetembed#!/jackgraycnn

LOL, there goes his indigent status right out the window. It also sounds like he can pay for his own security team now if he so desires. I'm personally glad because I do not want my tax money to go to foot his legal bills and security.

~jmo~

Maybe it was left out because they felt that was not relevant to the case.
IMO it doesn't show "character". If so, most of the under 23's of the world would have really bad "character".

Credit card companies/banks target young college aged people because they know they are not responsible and will run up their debt on those cards.

A lot of those young people default on the cards because they over spend and are not able to pay them off.
It's a horrible cycle and I blame the financial institutions a lot more then the card holders.

They know exactly what they are doing and it so unethical IMO.

JMO

Speaking as someone who did exactly that, I don't blame the CC companies for doing what they do. What happened to personal responsibility? 23 is not really young enough to claim ignorance, IMO. If you don't have the money to pay for something, you don't buy it. GZ's parents were responsible, hard working people, I doubt they or any parent would condone their child being that financially irresponsible.

Wonder if we will find out who the donors are?

Pretty funny George's wife did not know anything about that 200k. :floorlaugh: IMO

Maybe it was his godfather?

ETA - let's not forget that Zimmerman Sr. claimed to have no knowledge of the money either.

~jmo~

and

I wish I could be there.

Me too!!

Ya know... I never saw this type of reaction toward Diena Thomspon (Somer Thompson's mother) when she stood tall and strong and rallied for justice for her daughter.

Or Mark Lunsford - Jessica's father, who is still a tireless advocate for victim's rights.

Or Erin Runnion - Samantha's mother

Or Ed Smart...

I just don't get it. I don't understand how Trayvon and his parents are any different than these other warriors for justice (other than the obvious). It's just automatically assumed by some that he deserved what he got or didn't do enough to prevent his own murder, I guess. It makes me sick. Really sick.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member