VA - Aveion Lewis, 2, Roanoke, 14 January 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal opinion...

I don't see how BL could make it to the Roanoke River without being seen. The River is right out in the wide open. He would have to walk at least 1 block to get to the main street and then have to cross that main street and walk about another 30+ feet to the river.

Also this part of the Roanoke River was widened several years ago to help with flooding issues so a lot of the trees that were on the street side of the river were cut down during this project. There's no scrub. It's pretty much wide open as this area is now known as a "greenway" and is a walking path.

So there would really have been no where for BL to hide while dumping the body in the river. The only way I can see this happening would have been at night...and I still can't see his lazy *advertiser censored** walking all that way carrying a body or something that would have contained a body.

Weather update for non-locals:

The National Weather Service in Blacksburg, VA has issued a flood warning for the Roanoke River at Walnut Street from Monday morning until late Monday night. At 10 AM Sunday the stage was 2.9 feet. Minor flooding is forecast. Flood stage is 10 Feet. Forecast: Rise above flood stage by tomorrow morning & continue to rise to near 11.0 feet by early afternoon tomorrow.

The Roanoke River at Walnut Street is approximately 2-3 miles from Jamestown Place and flows from above Walnut down to the Jamestown area. If you google Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital this is basically where they take measure of the Roanoke River.

Weather update for non-locals:

The National Weather Service in Blacksburg, VA has issued a flood warning for the Roanoke River at Walnut Street from Monday morning until late Monday night. At 10 AM Sunday the stage was 2.9 feet. Minor flooding is forecast. Flood stage is 10 Feet. Forecast: Rise above flood stage by tomorrow morning & continue to rise to near 11.0 feet by early afternoon tomorrow.

The Roanoke River at Walnut Street is approximately 2-3 miles from Jamestown Place and flows from above Walnut down to the Jamestown area. If you google Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital this is basically where they take measure of the Roanoke River.

TY for this update, MBL.....it's disheartening knowing that the search will be effected - the way the hurricanes & tropical storms effected the search for little Caylee. :(

I keep holding on to the fact that she *was* found even tho we had a long wait.

Just wasn't ready for another wait. :(

~Respectfully snipped and bolded by me~
My personal opinion...

I don't see how BL could make it to the Roanoke River without being seen. The River is right out in the wide open. He would have to walk at least 1 block to get to the main street and then have to cross that main street and walk about another 30+ feet to the river.

So there would really have been no where for BL to hide while dumping the body in the river. The only way I can see this happening would have been at night...and I still can't see his lazy *advertiser censored** walking all that way carrying a body or something that would have contained a body.

I hear what you are saying - but, we now know that BL might have been setting this "abduction" up the day before with the weird phone call on his phone. That means he would have had an opportunity to go at night. While he might be lazy normally, if he hurt Aveion and needed to hide it, I bet he could find lots of energy to try to cover his tracks. And mom might have driven him.

So if they could get Aveion in the car, they could have driven anywhere :(

Prayers that Aveion is home soon.

Salem

Yes, I do believe there's probable reason to believe that this child could be in the river... But I believe the trash theory or driving him off somewhere is more likely. But wherever he is I surely hope Aveion will be found and found soon.

This did it, this news article was the link that broke the flood gates. The tears poured.

I think I am sorting this out a bit more in my mind.

From the link provided by everyoneneedsavoice above:

Jane Conlin, director of Social Services in Roanoke, said Friday that the responsibility for what happened to Aveion does not rest with her department.
"The person who is responsible for this is not the social worker," she said. "I think we need to keep in mind that social workers aren't mind readers. We work with the best knowledge and information we have and within the law. Nobody can, with 100 percent accuracy, predict the behavior of another person."

Is she for real? I'm serious. CHIP recommended this child NOT be returned to the biological mother. CPS recommended this child NOT be returned to the biological mother. The biological mother was denying access to her childs biological father and paternal grandmother who had to seek visitation rights. There was visitation interference to the bio fathers side. Morgan quit cooperating with CHIP once she regained legal custody. A man was living in the house with a CRIMINAL BACKGROUND FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. He is a drug user. I don't know if BL or ML were ever required to take random drug tests as part of their regaining legal custody.

If Jane Conlin did not CLEARLY SEE THE WRITING ON THE WALL HERE. Her license needs to be reviewed and possibly revoked. And I will be damned if I am not going to see to it there is an investigation regarding her license. I know someone who knows some of the top MSW for state licensing in New Jersey. I know at least two names, and while I don't know them personally, I know someone who does. I am going to seek permission to contact these two people on the state licensing board for NJ and see what contacts I can find out regarding VA...... (or will contact them myself with the name of our mutual friend, who has worked with them) and request some direction with this. Ms. Conlin, while she did not force BL's hand, nor did she force ML's hand, clearly missed or ignored the requests of other professionals who worked with this family and this child. What were Jane Conlins reasonings for ignoring or over riding the requests of other professionals? And even if she was not directly involved with this case, as Director of Social Services she IS responsible for what the employees under her do. What were her recommendations to the judge? Remember, previous media indicate it was the 'department' of social services who recommended to the judge this child be returned to his bio mother.

Yes, Ms. Conlin, I am requesting an investigation be done on YOU with regards to your license and decisions on why this child should have been placed back with his family! I will be contacting these people first thing Monday morning.

Oh man I am on a mission! :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Share your contact info and I will also write letters and add my voice to yours! Whenever a child is isolated from those that love him/her, it is a HUGE RED FLAG!!!!!!! In a case where a child has been in the system and loving family members come forward and are denied access THE RED FLAG CANNOT GET ANY BIGGER OR REDDER!!!!!

Salem

This case brings back to mind, an older case of little Joseph Wallace, who was returned to his violent and mentally unstable mother back in 1993. I will never ever for as long as I live forget little Joseph Wallace. It sure is amazing even this many years later, children are returned to abusive parents because it is believed it is in the best interest of the child to be raised with their 'natural' parent(s).

Watch over little Aveion will you please Joseph. I hope you two are playing together. Forever young.

http://en.allexperts.com/e/j/jo/joseph_wallace.htm

And to this, we can add little Robert. Found Deceased ID-Robert Manwill, 8, Boise #5 FOUND DECEASED - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

May both Robert and Joseph keep an eye on Little Aveion as they soar with the angels.

Salem

I will probably have rotten tomatoes throw at me for this comment...

I think the death penalty is too good for creatures like BL.

I'm of the opinion that criminals such as him should be locked up for life in a small cell (no window) with only a toilet and a bed...minimum requirements of food, no visitors, no phone, no media, or any other convenience and then they should be taken out of their cell each day for a round of beatings and torture for the rest of their natural life.

Not rotten tomatoes...KUDOS!!!!!!

Cubby, I understood that the same way.

Beachlvr - I haven't even checked the news myself...I find that I'm as emotional about this as you are. I had thought about going to the vigil...but I just didn't think I could take it.

I had to walk away from this for a while, it was getting too much to think about, so I had to throw myself into housework so my mind could think about something else for a bit. I'm gonna try to catch up on here from yesterday.

I know this isn't new to us here, but I hadn't seen the article yet. Forgive me if I missed it.

Aveion Lewis case now being handled as homicide

According to police reports, an unsealed search warrant states that Aveion Lewis’ death is attributed to homicide. The search warrant also revealed details of neglect that the two year old suffered.

More: http://www.examiner.com/x-32312-Amb...wis-case-now-being-handled-as-homicide-videos

I'm of the opinion that criminals such as him should be locked up for life in a small cell (no window) with only a toilet and a bed...minimum requirements of food, no visitors, no phone, no media, or any other convenience and then they should be taken out of their cell each day for a round of beatings and torture for the rest of their natural life.

MBLover, I've had my own theory for years on what we should do with criminals such as him. I do not consider somebody who kills children to be human, so this is what I thought we should do. We have an island out in the middle of nowhere that is surrounded with crocs and alligators, have a helicopter dump them from midair onto the island. We do not leave ANYTHING with them, no water, food, NOTHING! and let them suffer and die a slow agonizing death so that they feel every ounce of suffering possible. Just my opinion.

I'd agree with you if I thought that would actually happen.

I'm generally against the death penalty; I'd rather see them locked up without any chance of parole. Until something like this comes along. IMO, he doesn't deserve to draw breath.

I have to go for now, but earlier I saw a short report on one of the local TV sites that the police said they were suspending the search Saturday night because of the weather, and (something to the effect of) they would decide when and how to continue later. I hope that doesn't mean the search is going to be scaled down in any manner...

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local..._aveion_lewis_suspended_saturday_night/76722/

Saturday, the search for Aveion’s body reached day four. More than 80 people spread out to look for the boy. “We have everything from search dogs, to mounted patrols. We may even use aviation assets. We also have swift water rescue teams out as well”, said Sgt. Chris Bolling.
The search teams are working a 1.5 mile area around the home where Aveion was last seen alive. That search could be interrupted by bad weather moving in to the area. “Supposed to have torrential rains tonight and tomorrow. The search will be suspended after this evening. Then it will be re-evaluated as to what and how we will continue it”, said Bolling.

Sorry. This has me so angry I can't see straight. This is one case in which I'm glad VA has the death penalty, and that they have no qualms about carrying it out.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking death penalty here.

I think of that too. Those on Death Row, are there for a long time so that doesn't exclude the possibility bubba will give them theirs while in the joint. JMO

Share your contact info and I will also write letters and add my voice to yours! Whenever a child is isolated from those that love him/her, it is a HUGE RED FLAG!!!!!!! In a case where a child has been in the system and loving family members come forward and are denied access THE RED FLAG CANNOT GET ANY BIGGER OR REDDER!!!!!

Salem

I will share once I have the correct information. There is some kind of state licensing board which oversees and approves social workers licenses. Also someone who is responsible for appointing people like Jane to their positions. I just don't have the contact info and verification yet of reaching the right people. I will get on that Monday morning. I will share here, no doubt about that!

A little information about Sundays search.
http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11873005

There's still no sign of baby Lewis, even after a seven-hour search Sunday.
<snip>
Even though authorities continue to concentrate their efforts in and around the Roanoke River, a spokeswoman for the department says that's just one of many spots searchers are spending their time.

The picture of Aveion behind the steering wheel of the car is just so cute. I pray they find him soon.

I sure am confused why BL hasn't fessed up, and why the heck mom isn't all over him to fess up. What the heck is going on with that?

The other thing that bugs me to no end about the social workers/state involvement is clearly this child had a loving family who wanted to adopt Aveion. It is not like he was a child the state would have had a hard time placing and cost the state a lot of money.

We seriously need to know what, where, why the measures in place failed.

That this ever happened, when it was clearly preventable, stinks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson