CA CA - Hollywood, Wht/HispMale UP3736, 25-35, tattoo: skull & 'RIP', May'93

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are no images in either DoeNet or NamUs for this UID. I did a reconstruction for him, and am starting a thread and posting it here.

This was one of the UID's whose postmortems were on the LA County website. The photos were removed after a state law passed, prohibiting the publication of postmortem images by coroners offices.

It appears based on the address that this man died adjacent to Hollywood High School.

The Doe Network:
Hot Case 917
http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase917.html
NamUs UP 3736 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/3736

attachment.php

Unidentified Hispanic Male

The victim was discovered on May 15, 1993 in Hollywood, Los Angeles County, California

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 25-35 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'7"; 155 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes.
Distinguishing Marks: Abdominal scar. Tattoo: stamp tattoo of skeletal head and "RIP" on right lower arm.
Clothing: Black pants, purple/white shirt, size M. Black plaid jacket, size M. White Adidas shoes, white socks, white briefs
Jewelry: 1 necklace with broken piece of "dragon" medallion.

Case History
The victim was found on the street in front of 1600 block of Orange Drive, in Hollywood, CA

Attachments

• 1993-04704 - DoeNet HC 917 - NamUs UP3736 Reconstruction 001.jpg
    1993-04704 - DoeNet HC 917 - NamUs UP3736 Reconstruction 001.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 107
IF they had the whole body, why were they unable to get DNA profiling?

Complete - Insufficient DNA for profiling per NamUs

@Ambercat - I can definitely see the resemblance.
@Houston Mom - that is an excellent question. Why don't they have his DNA if they had his body?

It's unlikely they took DNA samples in 1993. They probably either had some saved samples or had to exhume the body, both of which reduce the odds of a good sample.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's unlikely they took DNA samples in 1993. They probably either had some saved samples or had to exhume the body, both of which reduce the odds of a good sample.

I've read somewhere that DNA testing started around 1988 but to what extent it was available in CA in 1993 I'm not sure.

I've read somewhere that DNA testing started around 1988 but to what extent it was available in CA in 1993 I'm not sure.

It was available, but it was expensive and time consuming, so it wasn't routinely used in most locations. If I'm remembering right, the faster, cheaper testing kits that were easier to use came on the market in the mid-1990's, but I don't remember exactly when. So it's possible they did it then.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back