Was Caylee Stored in the freezer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom2chloe

Reaction score
In light of the recent release of KC's jailhouse letters and the disgusting story entitled I love Monkeys, I thought we might look into what this sick little piece of work might suggest. In reviewewing the GA's State Deposition August 5, 2009 thread, my interest in the topic of the freezer is renewed following the review of the monkey story. I found a couple of posts from that thread specifically with regard to the freezer and have carried them over. (hopefully!)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4295796&postcount=218"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2009.08.05 State Deposition of George Anthony[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4295816&postcount=221"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2009.08.05 State Deposition of George Anthony[/ame]

Excerpts from I Love Monkeys

I was embarrassed. I tried to slow down the decomposition by freezing them. Unfortunately there was only enough room for two monkeys at a time so I had to change them every 30 seconds. I also had to eat all the food in the freezer so it didn't all go bad. I tried burning them.
Then I had one dead, wet monkey in my toilet, two dead, frozen monkeys in my freezer, and 197 dead, charred monkeys in a pile on my bed. The odor wasn't improving. I became agitated at my inability to dispose of my monkeys and to use the bathroom. I severely beat one of my monkeys. I felt better. I tried throwing them way but the garbage man said that the city wasn't allowed to dispose of charred primates. I told him that I had a wet one. He couldn't take that one either. I didn't bother asking about the frozen ones.

We know from Tony’s interview with OCSO that on June 26, 2008, KC dropped the Pontiac at Amscott and that she had food with her. We also learned from GA’s state deposition April 5, 2009, that SA are interested in the Anthony garage and they specifically question regarding the freezer, it’s size and what they normally store in this freezer.
From AL’s 9/23/08 interview, beginning with line 13
AL: No child with her at all. She had some groceries and uh, some clothes.
EE: Where were the groceries from?
AL: Uh, they weren’t actually groceries from the store. It was from her house. She had some freezer pops and like some Tyson chicken, or something to make for dinner that night.
EE: From Grandma’s house?
AL: Yeah 9 affirmative). Because it wasn’t in any bags. Uh it just looked like normal, plastic bags.
EE: So the last time you saw her car ever was at the Amscot on that date, on of those dates of this week?
AL: uh hum(affirmative).
EE: And you know that she took items out of there, freezer pops, Tyson’s chicken, in normal shopping bags, but it looked like it came from her, her mother’s house?
AL: Yes.

From GA’s State deposition August 5, 2009, SA Ashton is interested in information regarding the Anthony garage and specifically asks GA, beginning at line 20
Q. Do you have a freezer in your garage?
A. Yes.
Q. What’s the capacity of that, Approximately?
A. Maybe 4 cubic feet, five cubic feet. It’s not very large at all.
Q. What do you store in there generally?
A. Just some meat, maybe some frozen vegetables, Popsicles, maybe an occasional--I hate to say the word TV dinners, but you know, like the little frozen dinner type things.
Q. Okay, who is the Popsicle fan in your house?
A. All of us are, we enjoy Popsicles.
Q. Okay.
A. Actually, we used to keep a lot of them for Caylee, but then again it’s--

Could KC have placed Caylee's remains in the freezer? Thoughts fellow sleuths?

I am not sure if KC tried that for while or not, but the investigators still seemed interested even after Caylee was found. (GA's 2009 interview)

I was hoping someone would bring this up. It seems to me that KC had not only driven around with Caylee in the trunk for a while but that she probably put her in different places and then changed her mind. Tony did say she came home with random grocery bags (like the extra bags people keep stored in their homes) and random freezable groceries, and that there was a chest-freezer in the garage.

As to why, I don't know.

Did the cadaver dogs hit the freezer too?

IDK specifically about the freezer, but I do remember CA saying that they did hit on two spots within the house, and I *think* she said one of those spots was in the garage.

Anyone else remember this?

I am not sure if KC tried that for while or not, but the investigators still seemed interested even after Caylee was found. (GA's 2009 interview)

Excellent point...AFAIK, we do not know when the letters were written, so perhaps SA already had seen these prior to this deposition, hence (lol) their interest in the freezer and what it contained? Can anyone confirm that we do know when the letters were written?

In light of the recent release of KC's jailhouse letters and the disgusting story entitled I love Monkeys, I thought we might look into what this sick little piece of work might suggest. In reviewewing the GA's State Deposition August 5, 2009 thread, my interest in the topic of the freezer is renewed following the review of the monkey story. I found a couple of posts from that thread specifically with regard to the freezer and have carried them over. (hopefully!)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2009.08.05 State Deposition of George Anthony

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2009.08.05 State Deposition of George Anthony

Excerpts from I Love Monkeys

I was embarrassed. I tried to slow down the decomposition by freezing them. Unfortunately there was only enough room for two monkeys at a time so I had to change them every 30 seconds. I also had to eat all the food in the freezer so it didn't all go bad. I tried burning them.
Then I had one dead, wet monkey in my toilet, two dead, frozen monkeys in my freezer, and 197 dead, charred monkeys in a pile on my bed. The odor wasn't improving. I became agitated at my inability to dispose of my monkeys and to use the bathroom. I severely beat one of my monkeys. I felt better. I tried throwing them way but the garbage man said that the city wasn't allowed to dispose of charred primates. I told him that I had a wet one. He couldn't take that one either. I didn't bother asking about the frozen ones.

We know from Tony’s interview with OCSO that on June 26, 2008, KC dropped the Pontiac at Amscott and that she had food with her. We also learned from GA’s state deposition April 5, 2009, that SA are interested in the Anthony garage and they specifically question regarding the freezer, it’s size and what they normally store in this freezer.
From AL’s 9/23/08 interview, beginning with line 13
AL: No child with her at all. She had some groceries and uh, some clothes.
EE: Where were the groceries from?
AL: Uh, they weren’t actually groceries from the store. It was from her house. She had some freezer pops and like some Tyson chicken, or something to make for dinner that night.
EE: From Grandma’s house?
AL: Yeah 9 affirmative). Because it wasn’t in any bags. Uh it just looked like normal, plastic bags.
EE: So the last time you saw her car ever was at the Amscot on that date, on of those dates of this week?
AL: uh hum(affirmative).
EE: And you know that she took items out of there, freezer pops, Tyson’s chicken, in normal shopping bags, but it looked like it came from her, her mother’s house?
AL: Yes.

From GA’s State deposition August 5, 2009, SA Ashton is interested in information regarding the Anthony garage and specifically asks GA, beginning at line 20
Q. Do you have a freezer in your garage?
A. Yes.
Q. What’s the capacity of that, Approximately?
A. Maybe 4 cubic feet, five cubic feet. It’s not very large at all.
Q. What do you store in there generally?
A. Just some meat, maybe some frozen vegetables, Popsicles, maybe an occasional--I hate to say the word TV dinners, but you know, like the little frozen dinner type things.
Q. Okay, who is the Popsicle fan in your house?
A. All of us are, we enjoy Popsicles.
Q. Okay.
A. Actually, we used to keep a lot of them for Caylee, but then again it’s--

Could KC have placed Caylee's remains in the freezer? Thoughts fellow sleuths?

Very likely..was the freezer DNA tested at any time?

It is certainly possible that Caylee was either kept alive for a time or frozen for a time, and then discarded at the crime scene later. Any perp could freeze her to hide the decomp smell. It does not surprise me that Le was asking those questions. Trying to figure out how they didn't find the body earlier. IMO

It is certainly possible that Caylee was either kept alive for a time or frozen for a time, and then discarded at the crime scene later. Any perp could freeze her to hide the decomp smell. It does not surprise me that Le was asking those questions. Trying to figure out how they didn't find the body earlier. IMO
Hey, NTS! So there's a smell afterall? The same smell that emanated from Casey's trunk?

this poem was very disturbing. i am just curious though... do we know that it is from Casey? i remember reading that Robyn sent all kinds of things home to Tracy, like tags from shirts and stuff she received in the mail...

Can't remember if Casey makes any references to this poem or if it was just included as something that was sent to Tracy with the Casey letters?

I don't know. I really think we would have seen some clearer indications of that long before this. The cadaver dogs would have hit on the freezer. LE would have hauled the freezer out to test. And I don't think she would have been driving around for so long with a decomposing body in the trunk, if she had opted for the freezer. Plus I can't see where she would have had access to a freezer where her crime would not have been quickly discovered.

She may have considered the freezer, and even briefly tried it for size or viability as she moved Caylee around, but I don't think it was ever actualized. And I really think we tend to give KC way to much credit for being a master criminal and giving alot of thought into how to hide a body or mask the decomposition etc. She is a moron who gets by by lying. Actual planning or thinking things through enough to do something such as use the freezer does not seem to enter into her thought stream. She drove her decomposing childs body around in the trunk until the smell got to bad, them tossed her like trash,a nd abandoned the car when the smell still would not go away. A mafia hit man she is not.

I thought about this last night. It occurred to me that maybe she stored Caylee in the freezer, or perhaps Caylee hid in the freezer and died.

But there's that damn pesky duct tape...so never mind about the accident theory. But I think she certainly could have put her in the freezer the day she brought the freezer pops and stuff to AL when she dumped her car.

I don't know. I really think we would have seen some clearer indications of that long before this. The cadaver dogs would have hit on the freezer. LE would have hauled the freezer out to test. And I don't think she would have been driving around for so long with a decomposing body in the trunk, if she had opted for the freezer. Plus I can't see where she would have had access to a freezer where her crime would not have been quickly discovered.

She may have considered the freezer, and even briefly tried it for size or viability as she moved Caylee around, but I don't think it was ever actualized. And I really think we tend to give KC way to much credit for being a master criminal and giving alot of thought into how to hide a body or mask the decomposition etc. She is a moron who gets by by lying. Actual planning or thinking things through enough to do something such as use the freezer does not seem to enter into her thought stream. She drove her decomposing childs body around in the trunk until the smell got to bad, them tossed her like trash,a nd abandoned the car when the smell still would not go away. A mafia hit man she is not.

Just wanted to add a small comment to your excellent post.

Most freezers have rubber around both the lid and the body of the freezer to provide a seal when the lid is closed. The seal keeps in the cold air and therefore the smell.

Having said that, however, I cannot possibly believe KC would place Caylee's dead body in the freezer in the Anthony's garage and leave the house, even for one hour. She would never chance GA or CA opening the lid.

As for the chances of someone else killing Caylee, placing her body in ANY freezer, and then dumping her body in the woods near the Anthony home to frame or free KC, I am afraid mathmatical reckoning just doesn't go that high. IMO.

this poem was very disturbing. i am just curious though... do we know that it is from Casey? i remember reading that Robyn sent all kinds of things home to Tracy, like tags from shirts and stuff she received in the mail...

Can't remember if Casey makes any references to this poem or if it was just included as something that was sent to Tracy with the Casey letters?

Casey did not write the "I like monkeys" story. I've heard it before.

faefrost: thanks for bringing me back to the basics! I think somehow when I think of KC and this horrendous crime I tend to hear Mission Impossible music playing in the background. It's just such a huge damn puzzle of coinky dinks and twists and turns that it seems there must have been this huge master plan. But I think you are correct in that KC played this minute by minute.

Casey did not write the "I like monkeys" story. I've heard it before.

I agree. Iirc, if you look at the page in the doc dump, this url is at the bottom:

http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/html/monkeys.txt

The main page of the site seems to be a blog. Using the search function of the site (search term: monkey), I found this entry:

i like monkeys gets a new home

October 26, 2007 in Monkeys | 10 comments

I hear this a lot: Hey, you’re the monkey guy, right? Indeed, I have gotten far too much mileage out of a simple text file that I got off the Internet in the mid-90s that I did not write. Nor do I know who originally wrote it. But there’s a new location for I Like Monkeys since I’m sure that Red Hat will eventually remove my people page.

I’m pretty sure this is not worth an entire web log entry, but hey. Here it is.

That entry is at http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/weblog/2007/10/i-like-monkeys-gets-a-new-home/

I don't think she put her in the freezer. I don't think she would take any chances that her mom or dad may find her there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson