State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
GG, I definitely think the DT needed to bring in eyewitness accounts that will help their case. I saw parts of PY testimony but plan to revisit that today. Good to have you back in Raleigh.

Thanks ... that was such a pointed remark ... it seemed to me that she was saying that everything about Jason was interpretted with an agenda ... like she was trying to neutralize that remark by using it in a different context.

She may be in poor health, but her mind is certainly sharp ... no question about that.

She was a breath of fresh air for the courtroom. Her mind is sharp, particularly on which house and what she saw. I found it interesting that the PT even took pictures of the house, driveway, and the parked vehicle at end of driveway. The DT used those pics to verify she had the right house.

--i didn't see trial #1-- did the sister testify at that time?

Only one sister testified at the first trial. There was speculation that the other sister believed Jason was guilty because of an email exchange they'd had. The oldest sister asked Jason why he wouldn't speak to police and Jason didn't give her the asnwer she wanted (he said that he hoped there was no arrest while he was the only suspect) ... no further email correspondance was included. He said that he was following his lawyer's advice.

It was posted upthread that maybe she was a loose cannon that might answer incorrectly when cross examined by the prosecution.

She lives in Aberdeen, and is apparently studying in Raleigh and renting there ... not sure I understood all of that correctly.

I didn't say her testimony, as a defense witness or on c-x, was proof of murder. Red herring.

She didn't suggest the euphemism, JY did. Red herring. JY was asking her to mislead and lie, just like he regularly did, all the time. I think she even said she didn't, though she tried to justify his euphemism.

The FIL, the BIL, the SIL to me came across as pretty straightforward. PY not so much, which is a euphemism for she told tall tales and hard to swallow stories which are euphemisms for I think she was lying, a lot.

Therefore, I think the DT was well served to get onto the eyewitness testimony, which will have a logical bearing on the verdict.

IMO. Others have the opinion, I guess, that she was strictly truthful and fully helpful to the defense, and that's another perspective on the testimony.

I don't know if it's a "red herring" to demonstrate for the jury that the one mother in law interfered with the other mother in law having contact with the grandchild. It seems to me to be rather irrelevant. We already know that the two women did not get along and participated in the marriage tug of war.

I haven't seen any comments suggesting that a mother's testimony at her son's murder trial will not have a slant. Of course it will have a slant. If anyone gets a pass for only seeing the best interpretation of the suspect's words, deeds and actions, it's his mom. Did she tell whoppers like Amanda Knox?

I never watched the 1st trial, but I did read before today that all the lights in the house were on... I was like really?? Why would he kill her with all the lights on......

So he could try to say she was killed before she went to bed. That's why I think he showed his face on camera around 12am at the hotel. JMO

She was a breath of fresh air for the courtroom. Her mind is sharp, particularly on which house and what she saw. I found it interesting that the PT even took pictures of the house, driveway, and the parked vehicle at end of driveway. The DT used those pics to verify she had the right house.

That was funny too ... it was almost like she hadn't seen all the photos before, then she identified herself standing in front of the car when they staged it.

So he could try to say she was killed before she went to bed. That's why I think he showed his face on camera around 12am at the hotel. JMO

That's an interesting perspective. Perhaps the lights were still on from her late guest (11 PM?). Shouldn't we assume that robbers, bad guys and husbands that murder wives at home would not turn on all the lights - including the porch and driveway lights? The fact that the lights were on at the end of the driveway would suggest that they were not turned off from the evening before when her friend drove home ... after sensing something creepy in the bushes.

I honestly think she was already sleeping when she was struck. She had a pillow between her legs....I slept like that when I was pregnant. Plus from seeing photos on wral, there were picture frames, lamps, etc. still in place....so not much of a struggle IMO. She was caught off guar IMO.

I honestly think she was already sleeping when she was struck. She had a pillow between her legs....I slept like that when I was pregnant. Plus from seeing photos on wral, there were picture frames, lamps, etc. still in place....so not much of a struggle IMO. She was caught off guar IMO.

Warning ... graphic post

If she was in a struggle, and IIRC early reports suggested a prolonged struggle (based on injuries: attempted strangulation, then blunt force) lasting up to 10 minutes. If she was in a struggle, would she have a pillow between her legs at the end?

If she was sleeping ... and we know that she fought off strangulation because she scratched her own neck in the process ... was she attacked while sleeping and fought off the strangulation while lying down, but then was wrestled off the bed, onto the floor, trapped between the bed and Jason's closet and eventually beaten to death?

Hush Puppy shoes have soft uppers don't they? I guess that rules out kicking in the size 12 hush puppies ... not a half moon, crescent shaped, injury. If the beating started on the bed, why the strangulation? If there was a crescent shaped weapon, why the strangulation? If the weapon was a tool of convenience that was already in the room, what is missing. If he brought the weapon ... why use hands at the beginning. Something about this case doesn't add up.

Here's an odd question ... about brown and black shoes. In the post funeral photos I've seen, Jason is wearing a charcoal suit. We have seen the recently purchased brown shoes that Jason had at the NTO, the brown shoes he had in the car ... was Jason wearing light brown shoes with his charcoal suit at the funeral? That seems like an odd choice.

The bolded part is something I've seen in several familial murders ... Entwhistle, Anthony ... Jason? ... maybe even Scott Peterson, the bovine fertilizer guy.

"Michelle Young's father told investigators his son-in-law is methodical, very smart and can change who he wants to be, according to new search warrants in the unsolved murder case of the 29-year-old pregnant mother.

"We're convinced he's a chameleon," Alan Fisher told Wake County sheriff's investigators. "He is what you want him to be, and he's got multiple personalities and he leads you to believe that that's the person he is. The minute he's out of your presence, he's a chameleon to someone else."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4507783/

Shelly Schaad would have what reason to lie about what Michelle Young told her? I'm sure it wasn't a hard sell for Jason to convince her to go with seat buckled - they had a lot at stake for insurance purposes. And again, why would Michelle lie to Shelly, and why would Shelly lie or make up something out of virtual thin air? Telling the trooper she wasn't wearing a seat belt risked a misdemeanor or trouble with insurance claim. Telling Shelly Schaad the truth later, far less risk...and again, what motive would Michelle have had to lie to Shelly, and what motive would Shelly now have to lie? But hey, defense team, impeach the murdered pregnant woman...go ahead.

And Jason has a history of insurance fraud (1. wanting to enroll in home warranty insurance for a pre-x broken heat pump; 2. saying he hadn't smoked cigars).

Why would the prosecution bring that up in cross with the suspect's mother? What is the point?

Maybe he (testifying officer) was unaware of the relationship. No lying or anything nefarious.

And Jason has a history of insurance fraud (1. wanting to enroll in home warranty insurance for a pre-x broken heat pump; 2. saying he hadn't smoked cigars).

The second part is iffy. The question on the insurance form asked whether or not he had smoked cigars during the previous year. It's possible that an occasional cigar smoker could answer no and still be truthful.

On the tire tracks. It was already testified in this trial that those tracks were made by the same standard issue tires on a 2004 Ford Explorer.

No, notice the state or defense,so for, has pretty much stayed off the subject of those prints. makes me go. hummmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member