GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2012 ... CFRONTPAGE

Griem attacks authorities for botching Bashara investigation

The attorney for Bob Bashara blasted authorities Friday for their handling of the investigation into the slaying of his client's wife and for leaking information in what he called an attempt to smear the Grosse Pointe Park businessman.

"It's like Swiss cheese. It's like being on the Titanic. And the leaks are meant to sound incriminating," David Griem said. "They are calculated. They are an effort to smear Bob, to establish negative public opinion and contaminate the potential jury pool out there."

Like being on the Titanic, eh Mr. Griem?

I think we know who's in charge of arranging the deck chairs.

Every time this guy opens his mouth, he sinks Bob's ship just a little bit more!

Isn't there currently 3 LE working the case? I thought The Points,Detroit and Michigan State. Griem seems to have an issue with the Points LE?

I think the one claim from Griem early in that blew me away was that he expected a warrant for his client. Now i would expect my Defense Atty. to be downplaying that. Or at least adding that it would be unfounded. Something of that nature :waitasec:

LOL read the first 2 comments (comment section) in the link Bette provided above.

LOL read the first 2 comments (comment section) in the link Bette provided above.

I like the comment that refers to David Griem's failed defense of Stephen Grant who murdered and dismembered his wife, Tara. Thanks to the Griem Reaper, Mr. Grant is spending the rest of his life in a Michigan prison. Keep talking, Griem, and Bob Bashara will end up bunking with Stephen Grant. jmo

And the leaks are meant to sound incriminating," David Griem said. "They are calculated. They are an effort to smear Bob, to establish negative public opinion and contaminate the potential jury pool out there."

Really? The leaks are there because BB led the life and it appears that he had it splashed all over the internet and in his sexcapades with a few people.There wouldn't be leaks if he wasn't drowning himself with all the immoral things that he did while he was a married man.
I seen the headlines in the paper where BB said " i don't know if I can cry any more......I don't think we've seen one tear in all of his interviews!!!
Sometimes I don't know who annoys me more, Grime (just my nickname for the piehole) or BB!!

Griem said the probe of Jane Bashara's death Jan. 24 has been full of errors and irregularities.

Pfffffftttttt!!!! I think we could say the same about him and BB!

Thanks for the new thread .....

I hope it's true that RG is talking to LE ... I'll soften where she is concerned if she's doing the right thing.....

LOL, this guy thinks people reading this news article just fell of the turnip truck yesterday and haven't a clue!:what:

When a wife divorces her husband for having an affair, she takes her income with her. She takes 1/2 of the marital assets and usually the family home. Kids already in college, not a problem for custody, but there is that college bill to pay and because of the length of the marriage, it would be alimony, most likely, for Ms. Bashara for the rest of Bob's life.

Now, with Jane dead, $100K to pay off the college bills and the marital assets all go to Bob.

Now, what was that about no monetary motive? :waitasec:

That's what I thought. :rocker:

JMHO
fran

PS...Oh, and as far as Mrs. Bashara..........I would HOPE whoever is trying to spread these wild rumors about the possibility that JB MAY have had an,....outside interest, be stopped immediately. Seeeee........Jane's family doesn't have to tell anyone that Jane wasn't having an affair. The only reason that BS is being thrown around is to take the attention off the widower and his 'secret life, secret mistress, plans to leave his wife, or at the least, have a third bed partner, two of which Jane was NOT aware of.' Yeah, disgusting attempt to sully Jane's good name! :mad:

Despicable to slam a victim :rose: We can guess which camp this came from. The only thing i can take from it is it really shows who bob is and just how low he is.

IMO even if Jane did suspect the S&M activities of Bob and looked the other way so she wouldn't be pestered into doing that weird stuff herself, she was still murdered by somebody who wanted her out of their way. It doesn't matter what Jane did or didn't do - Jane did not murder anybody. She didn't deserve to have her life snuffed out for any reason.

I'm hoping they're looking deeply into rg too. 'Friend' Beth was operating under the Griem mo when she offered up that bb didn't allow rg to own a cell phone. In other words she basically shouted, 'don't go looking for rg's cell phone because bb didn't allow her to have one'. So, I hope they've looked into rg's cell phone. Bet there's some good evidence contained there. What type of free standing grown woman lets her married boyfriend tell her if she can or cannot have a cell phone? Just like Joe, rg must be missing a few brain cells and bb knows how to find those kinds of people. Having dumb slaves is a good thing I guess.

I for one am impressed with the simplicity and eloquence of the statement from Jane's family Thank you. Jane seemed to have been a strong, lovely charismatic woman. That seems to have been lost among the tawdry behavior of BB and his attorney.

I still am waiting to see how JG got to the house that day. Has that ever been said?
I hope RG did not know BB's intentions with Jane. If she didn't, I hope that she stopped all communication with him and ended the affair. BB being watched now has to put a real damper on his double life. Hah! If he gets put away who would take care of all the crap he left behind? I don't think his kids?
I did read that he called his momma right away to come over the night he reported Jane missing. I find that VERY WEIRD!!!

The fact that JB had insurance policies totaling less than 100k doesn't even make sense or sound right for a woman making 120k a year. Either way, people have killed for far less money. Griem, seems so incompetent. As far as bb goes... as the judge said to CA in her trial, "the truth and Ms Anthony are strangers".

last night I was wondering to myself if wayne county will indict via a grand jury? was just wondering if that is what they are up to right now?

last night I was wondering to myself if wayne county will indict via a grand jury? was just wondering if that is what they are up to right now?

I was wondering same yesterday as i searched for any updates. I concluded perhaps that is the route or just waiting on forensics to support the case? or maybe we will see both happen. I think LE knows much more. At least i hope so. As the report came out about a foot being on Jane's neck it is just heartbreaking to think how she suffered physically and in terror fighting for her life :rose:

FYI: The Michigan judicial system no longer allows for Grand Juries except in Federal cases.

I was wondering same yesterday as i searched for any updates. I concluded perhaps that is the route or just waiting on forensics to support the case? or maybe we will see both happen. I think LE knows much more. At least i hope so. As the report came out about a foot being on Jane's neck it is just heartbreaking to think how she suffered physically and in terror fighting for her life :rose:

News of Whitney Houston's death and continuing speculation about COD have pretty much usurped other local news coverage.

There's nothing new being reported, but here's an update from WDIV within the last half hour:

Jane Bashara murder investigation is in 3rd week

Investigation continues into 56-year-old Grosse Pointe Park woman's murder

Published On: Feb 13 2012 01:12:13 PM EST Updated On: Feb 13 2012 01:15:14 PM EST

GROSSE POINTE PARK, Mich. -
The investigation into finding the killer of Jane Bashara will reach three weeks on Tuesday.

It was Tuesday, Jan. 24 when Bob Bashara told police he arrived home that evening at about 8 p.m .to find his wife, Jane, missing.

Her body was discovered the next day in her sports utility vehicle parked in an east Detroit alley...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...week/-/1719314/8761718/-/64bd7jz/-/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998