GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
cymwy.SlMa.71.jpg
Okay, thing didn't work. Here's another try.

http://m.13wmaz.com/topstory/article?a=135324&f=924

Giddings Investigation: No Forensic Results Yet
Erika Adolphus, Producer
July 11, 2011

Police are still waiting for forensic results in the Lauren Giddings homicide investigation.

Last week, they said those results should be back Monday or Tuesday.

The Giddings family has returned to Maryland after spending a weekend in Macon.

Lauren DiSpirito spoke with Lauren Giddings' mother Karen by phone on Monday.

Lauren Giddings was last seen on June 25th. *Her body was found near her Georgia Avenue home on June 30th.

cymwy.SlMa.71.jpg
Okay, thing didn't work. Here's another try.

Good find. Those could be scratches. If they are, that's why they've focused on him. On the other hand, they could be from shaving his neck. He is kind of hairy.

Good find. Those could be scratches. If they are, that's why they've focused on him. On the other hand, they could be from shaving his neck. He is kind of hairy.

I don't see them in this mugshot, but my eyes aren't the best.
878376.JPG

http://m.13wmaz.com/topstory/article?a=135324&f=924

Giddings Investigation: No Forensic Results Yet
Erika Adolphus, Producer
July 11, 2011

Police are still waiting for forensic results in the Lauren Giddings homicide investigation.

Last week, they said those results should be back Monday or Tuesday.

The Giddings family has returned to Maryland after spending a weekend in Macon.

Lauren DiSpirito spoke with Lauren Giddings' mother Karen by phone on Monday.

Lauren Giddings was last seen on June 25th. *Her body was found near her Georgia Avenue home on June 30th.

This link has the video on it. http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/135324/175/Giddings-Investigation-No-Forensic-Results-Yet

Thanks Bessie for posting that. I hadn't seen his mugshot yet and just looked at it. It's very faint, and could be my overactive eyesight/imagination lol, but if you look from what I assume is a mole, I see a very faint mark that goes down to the left (the photo left, not his left) at about a 45 degree angle. Could be a shaving rash like PDUBBY suggested, or nothing at all...or the faint 5 to 6 day old remnants of scratch marks.

Hi Midstate :seeya: Your post really made my little ears perk up...this info really set a bell off. Was she maybe interested in someone at the same church? Not accusing her of philandering, but if her mother was suprised, she hadn't told her. Why wouldn't you tell your Mom you were attending daily mass? If her family is Catholic, I can't see how that would be a negative to tell them - Maybe that would even have made her Mom happy. Either something major was going on where she needed that spiritual solace or someone there was of interest. I think LE needs to sniff around there.

Um...can they test the remains (blood) they have for pregnancy? I'm sorry to ask, but that might explain the dismemberment. Sorry to be gross =(

Hey, Truthful... It is interesting. As a Catholic, I do find it to be surprising (if it can be confirmed) that her mother was surprised at the devout nature of LG's religious practice. I only have my own perspective as a Catholic, and the only times I've ever ramped up my attendance at mass was when I was having a life "crisis"--however inconsequential it may seem when compared with others' lives. I will say that the pastor at SJS is VERY observant---you won't get anything over on him. If he states that she's been attending daily mass it's because he's greeted her after each one. If you're not attending, he knows, too! :)

I totally agree with you. Although it is complete speculation, I have to wonder if there was something going on in any of her relationships (personal or professional) that proved to be a tipping point in her life. The reality is that no matter what her state of body, any blood sample obtained would likely bear a valid HcG level---positive or negative is just pure speculation and conjecture at this point, IMO.

He looks like half the woolly booger students in the school. I know people are harping on his hair, but it seems to be the norm for college students these days. I think the police are holding him on these little charges to make the public think he is a suspect without saying it. If the community thinks he is sitting in jail because he is the one who did this, then the public isn't freaking out and forming search parties to go look for this guy. It keeps everyone calm and thinking they are safe. IF this is the case, it pisses me off. It leaves too many young people with a false sense of security and puts them at risk of becoming a victim.

If they really consider him a viable suspect, I hope they have more than he stole some panties or condoms 2-3 years ago and has too much hair. I am not comfortable with that being the basis of suspecting him of going this far.

By the way, has anyone considered he may be gay? If he is, it takes being 'in love' and 'wanting her' off the table. But it might explain his condoms and statement he hadn't had sex.

Hey, Truthful... It is interesting. As a Catholic, I do find it to be surprising (if it can be confirmed) that her mother was surprised at the devout nature of LG's religious practice. I only have my own perspective as a Catholic, and the only times I've ever ramped up my attendance at mass was when I was having a life "crisis"--however inconsequential it may seem when compared with others' lives. I will say that the pastor at SJS is VERY observant---you won't get anything over on him. If he states that she's been attending daily mass it's because he's greeted her after each one. If you're not attending, he knows, too! :)

I totally agree with you. Although it is complete speculation, I have to wonder if there was something going on in any of her relationships (personal or professional) that proved to be a tipping point in her life. The reality is that no matter what her state of body, any blood sample obtained would likely bear a valid HcG level---positive or negative is just pure speculation and conjecture at this point, IMO.

FWIW, have a look at a note Lauren wrote on Facebook. It was one of those chain email type deals where she had to write 25 random things about herself. It was written in Jan '09 and if you read #20 you'll see she says she goes to mass 3 x per week. Mods - if this is against the rules please delete and accept my apologies!

http://www.facebook.com/notes/lauren-teresa/pleasing-kristin/72679323568

The article talking about her mother's reaction to Lauren's attendance says "Although she knew that Lauren attended St. Joseph Catholic Church on Poplar Street, she didn’t know until after her daughter’s death that she often attended daily Mass." It says "often attended" as opposed to daily. I'm not totally convinced that her attendance had ramped up recently. Here's a link to that article -

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/09/1625474/police-hope-lab-results-from-74.html#ixzz1Rr3cGO3C

Just my opinion :)

The article talking about her mother's reaction to Lauren's attendance says "Although she knew that Lauren attended St. Joseph Catholic Church on Poplar Street, she didn’t know until after her daughter’s death that she often attended daily Mass." It says "often attended" as opposed to daily. I'm not totally convinced that her attendance had ramped up recently. Here's a link to that article -

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/09/1625474/police-hope-lab-results-from-74.html#ixzz1Rr3cGO3C

snipped for possible violation of TOS--just being careful! :)

I originally quoted an article from which you can see in one of my prior posts. I mentioned that it did NOT cite a source as to whether the facts in the article were a direct quote, and they were NOT in fact in quotes. I want to be careful about this and respectful to the family which is why I linked to the article. What I said was that if it was true that her mother was surprised, it seemed interesting to me.

I just want to be clear that in no way am I trying to propagate something that is false, but rather bring attention to the article which was news to me.

FWIW, have a look at a note Lauren wrote on Facebook. It was one of those chain email type deals where she had to write 25 random things about herself. It was written in Jan '09 and if you read #20 you'll see she says she goes to mass 3 x per week. Mods - if this is against the rules please delete and accept my apologies!

http://www.facebook.com/notes/lauren-teresa/pleasing-kristin/72679323568

Thanks for sharing the link to her FB page. What a great sense of humor she had!

He looks like half the woolly booger students in the school. I know people are harping on his hair, but it seems to be the norm for college students these days. I think the police are holding him on these little charges to make the public think he is a suspect without saying it. If the community thinks he is sitting in jail because he is the one who did this, then the public isn't freaking out and forming search parties to go look for this guy. It keeps everyone calm and thinking they are safe. IF this is the case, it pisses me off. It leaves too many young people with a false sense of security and puts them at risk of becoming a victim.

If they really consider him a viable suspect, I hope they have more than he stole some panties or condoms 2-3 years ago and has too much hair. I am not comfortable with that being the basis of suspecting him of going this far.

By the way, has anyone considered he may be gay? If he is, it takes being 'in love' and 'wanting her' off the table. But it might explain his condoms and statement he hadn't had sex.

I personally haven't seen anyone here harping on his hair. My son went through a stage like that and I liked his long hair
icon7.gif

McD is not being held to give the general public a false sense of security, I just don't believe LE would take such a risk.

Gay? Good question, I just don't have a sense of that one way or another. It would certainly change my opinion of what happened to Lauren though if true.

Where was it and to what detail was it that we
Learned about McD's being a virgin and questions regarding something strange having to with condoms..

TIA..

I don't find anything terribly unusual about LG's attendance at daily mass. When I returned to college to finish my undergrad degree, and later as a grad student, I often started my day by attending mass, depending on my schedule. For a few years, I worked near a downtown cathedral that held noon mass, and I frequently attended during my lunch hour. I enjoyed the small, quiet mass, and found it helped me to stay centered and focused, not so different from daily yoga meditation.

ETA: BTW, it's okay to post links to a victim's or suspect's Facebook page. If you see something of interest, write a short description and add the link. Don't copy and paste.

Where was it and to what detail was it that we
Learned about McD's being a virgin and questions regarding something strange having to with condoms..

TIA..

Good point. Until we hear something concrete, both of those assertions are rumors.

Yup, with each passing day with no more info my hinky meter turns more towards BF. Why have we heard next to nothing on him? In cases like this significant others are one of the first investigated. Yet we have heard nothing to dismiss him. My hinky points:
1. No word from him, sad, tragic or otherwise. Even Scott Peterson acted like he cared.
2. No mention from rents of BF, please point me to the right direction if I missed it.
3. Where he works & influence of firm.
4. Cali trip? Can we get some more info? Timeline at least...
5. If I were scared of my situation I would call my BF, not send an email re:hoodlums. (Who isn't wondering about the 10:30 email validity?)
6. Timing, her move to his city of residence.
7. Speaking of Scott Peterson, did you know murder, per a 2001 study (http://www.now.org/issues/violence/043003pregnant.HTML), is the leading cause of death among pregnant woman. Ok no facts there just a theory.
8. I have seen 2 pics of them together (I'm sure there is more just the 2 I found but...) <mod snip>. Their posture/body language is quite odd in my book, again JMO.
9. I get relationships with wide age gaps. However, not with a girl as successful as her. Not saying it doesn't happen, just seems a lil off.

Again, just my current hinky thoughts. They will probably change tomorrow.

Yup, with each passing day with no more info my hinky meter turns more towards BF. Why have we heard next to nothing on him? In cases like this significant others are one of the first investigated. Yet we have heard nothing to dismiss him...

I think the answer to all of these questions is that they were not serious. I know he's been described as her boyfriend but if you look at their Facebook pages (I'm intentionally not linking to his) it doesn't look like they spent much time together.

I have seen a few comments through here about SM's looks, but I have seen it more in the comments on the articles. I was meaning in the court of public opinion, not necessarily here. Sorry for the confusion. I am thinking it could be someone besides him.

I am curious about the boyfriend. His lovely girlfriend dies tragically, and where is he? Did he come to her service? I haven't heard one way or another. Could there be some connection to him? Maybe he didn't commit the crime, but someone targeted her to get at him. These are viable ideas, but have no basis in anything I have heard as of yet. Has anyone else heard much about him? The only other thing I have heard, without validation, is that his last girlfriend committed suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea