Is Mona Nelson of Houston TX a serial killer?

The Lane Bryant victims were all women, though, if in fact that was MN. They think it was a robbery gone awry. I think we need to know more about who her other victims might have been before we can say too much about the why.

I agree. She was no stranger to armed robbery. I think something happened and it went very wrong if it was her in the LB killings.

From the Lane Bryant thread:

Cops pursue Lane Bryant lead to Texas

July 31, 2008

By WIlliam Lee and Kristen Schorsch, Staff writers

Detectives from the South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force are in Texas tracking leads connected to the Lane Bryant murders, the SouthtownStar has learned.
Earlier this week, 11 task force members from several south suburban departments and the Illinois State Police journeyed to an undisclosed city in Texas, Tinley Park police Chief Michael O'Connell confirmed.

The detectives are searching for a specific person, according to sources with knowledge of the investigation.

Some of the detectives have since returned.

O'Connell said investigators were sent to Texas to find and interview 10 friends of Rhoda McFarland, the 42-year-old Lane Bryant store manager who was one of five women shot dead Feb. 2 at the clothing store in Brookside Marketplace. A sixth woman survived a gunshot wound to the neck.

More info at link: http://www.southtownstar.com/news/tpshooting/1085199,080108tinleycaseforweb.article

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59699&highlight=lane+bryant&page=9

Does anyone know the date when she was arrested for assaulting her daughter and how long she was in jail? Because this happened in 2008. The LB murders happened on February 2, 2008.

Does anyone know the date when she was arrested for assaulting her daughter and how long she was in jail? Because this happened in 2008. The LB murders happened on February 2, 2008.

This is all I've found detailing how long she was in jail for *some* of her charges:

"Court records show that in 1984, Nelson was charged with aggravated robbery and pleaded guilty in exchange for 10 years’ probation. Her probation was revoked in 1991, and she was sent to prison. She served just over three years and was paroled in October 1994, said Jason Clark, a Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokesman.
In 1997, Nelson pleaded guilty and served 30 days in jail for a bad check charge in Daingerfield in East Texas. In 2002, she spent another 30 days in jail in McKinney, a Dallas suburb, after pleading guilty to a marijuana charge. Three years later, she spent two months in jail and a year on probation for making a terroristic threat to another woman and misdemeanor criminal mischief in Mount Vernon, in Northeast Texas. "

http://www.khou.com/home/Police-Wom...oulless-murderer-112682194.html?commentPage=1

The Lane Bryant victims were all women, though, if in fact that was MN. They think it was a robbery gone awry. I think we need to know more about who her other victims might have been before we can say too much about the why.

I can certainly see a situation where she would become insanely angry at anyone who she perceived as "disrespecting" her. I can see JF having not liked her and that could have been her motive. I do not believe burning the body was done to prevent ID... I think the details are going to reveal it was a sadistic, horrible murder and the burning of the body after death was just to further "destroy" someone who she was "getting even" with. The Lane Bryant murder did look like a robbery and the shooting began when she caught the manager on the phone with 911 if I am not mistaken. Therefore, the motives could have been different. She seems to not stick to any one particular type of crime from burglary, drugs, to smuggling aliens into the country from Mexico.

I can certainly see a situation where she would become insanely angry at anyone who she perceived as "disrespecting" her. I can see JF having not liked her and that could have been her motive. I do not believe burning the body was done to prevent ID... I think the details are going to reveal it was a sadistic, horrible murder and the burning of the body after death was just to further "destroy" someone who she was "getting even" with. The Lane Bryant murder did look like a robbery and the shooting began when she caught the manager on the phone with 911 if I am not mistaken. Therefore, the motives could have been different. She seems to not stick to any one particular type of crime from burglary, drugs, to smuggling aliens into the country from Mexico.

I think the video will be very telling in this instance. I won't go into details, but the manner in which the body was disposed of in the ditch will tell a lot. It almost feels to me like she wanted that body found. It was 6:00 p.m. (darkening, but not really dark outside) on a main road. Why not the dumpsters there? It's just so strange.

And some of what I see from her past is money motivated (robbery, trafficking Hispanics, theft by check, etc.). She also likes marijuana which tells me that there is some depression or some other psychiatric diagnosis. There are assaults sprinkled in, however. We know one was her daughter. I think it is important to see the progression of the assaults...who were they and why?

COLD, SOULESS, bizzarre, self contained,in her own world........some words Detective Miller described MN
in video.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn during the trial that when LE went to her house the first time she was sitting on her butt playing the video that JF was playing and missing.

Another little tidbit - Mona was suspended from the Boxing Association for one month in 1984 - I signed up to get the report but it doesn't specify the reason for the suspension. Here is the very skimpy report that was rec'd:

Attachments

• Boxing suspension.jpg
    Boxing suspension.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 34
Detective Miller says he believes that MN has done this before!
Didn't begin with Jonathan!
MN lies allot.
Trying to find other victims or crimes MN may of done.
Her eyes showed, no remorse.............cold eyes!
He wants all people who have MN info to call him/
medical conditions........not that he knows of............

Another little tidbit - Mona was suspended from the Boxing Association for one month in 1984 - I signed up to get the report but it doesn't specify the reason for the suspension. Here is the very skimpy report that was rec'd:

Someone mentioned this before. My guess is that it was probably just a routine medical suspension that happens after many fights. If a fighter gets injured the relevant boxing commission doesn't allow them to fight or train for a certain amount of time, in this case 30 days. It's done to protect the fighters from further injury, not because the fighter did anything wrong.

I wonder if the survivor heard MN voice if she could ID it.
Also what made her think the robber was male is the person FONDLED her.
IIRC.
So, it is important to know if MN likes to fondle women.

If I'm understanding right, we don't have anything that places her in Detroit, MI at any specific time but I think the Raven Jeffries case is interesting. She was a child who was abducted in Detroit in 2006 and her body was later found burned in a field. The odds of Mona being involved are probably pretty low but I just thought I'd throw this out there.

Raven Jeffries case at AMW

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back