CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll never admit it....I can tell already. They're going to find that child, they'll lock him up, and he will still swear he had nothing to do with it. The 'stranger' who 'abducted' this poor child is the invisi~nanny in this case. "Basically, ultimately, particular day." If he starts throwing in "absolutely" I'm going to pitch my monitor out the front door. He's lying, period. He wouldn't remember all those details if someone just snatched his son. And that's another thing. When talking about himself and his actions/ reactions he refers to Hasanni as MY SON or OUR SON. When he talks specifically about Jen he says Hasanni's aunt....talk about control issues?
IMO

In one of the videos a reporter makes the walk from where the backdoor was to the front of the store and said it took something like 30 seconds.

First off, you can't tell me he always pulled over to make/take calls. No way. You also can't tell me that IF he wouldn't make a call while driving, that he didn't hit one single red light where he could call and say "I'm on the way. Running late, please open the door"

There are some states where it's illegal to drive while talking on a cell phone. Is CA one?

Any info on the two cousins that lived with the family ? Could Ross be covering for one of them ?

:biggrin:

I am ordering cinnamon myself. I would need one for each day of the week because that is how often I wind up with my foot in my mouth.

Paintr, I will be watching for them to come on the market.

Hi LaLaw! You'll get the very first pair, autographed! LOL!

I hate to play devils advocate, but in a way that's what I'm doing here.

Maybe foster dad had a cell phone, but can't make personal calls to foster mom at work. Or maybe if the store is busy, he has called in the past and no one has had the time to answer the phone. It isn't good business practice, but it happens.

Or maybe he has a cell phone like mine, a minute phone that hasn't had minutes in six months and doesn't call anything but 911.
I don't know.
I don't believe the story, I think it reeks to high heaven, but I am trying to nail down why it stinks so bad, instead of falling into the trap of not believing every word that is said.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6964246

Police have clarified that the boy is disabled, but does not wear leg braces, but instead wears orthotics inside his shoes. He is able to walk, although with some difficulty.

Well, guess that answers one question. I still think the difficulty in walking would make Hassani even more noticable if he was wandering around while Mr Ross was walking around to the front of the store.

:eek:....CHICA...where'd you get THAT from? I musta missed it......YIKES!

It was in an article that had a link in a post on this thread. If I come across it, I'll post it again.

I hope this doesn't come out wrong but I'm curious.
IMO, Jennifer and Louis both speak with a slight foreign accent,yet have names like Campbell and Ross.
I know it doesn't mean anything, it just kinda struck me as strange, especially after finding a name linked to the house.
Look at the name under the pic.
And again I know it has nothing to do with anything, I just thought it was interesting.

At the very least you'll see what this home sold for less than a year ago.
They were sitting on that same couch for their interview, right ?
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5997-Roxie-Ter-Fremont-CA-94555/25057465_zpid/

The part of the story he seems to tell the most consistently is how he regularly takes the child out of the car and how Hasanni let's himself out of his car seat "he can do it himself, the door is too heavy, blah blah blah." He(Ross) obviously had a habit of not supervising this child properly. He may come off arrogant and self absorbed, but if he came clean right now and said that the child let himself out of the car somewhere, earlier in the day, and Ross didn't see him....and then he panicked. I think I might believe that. Anyone else?

I hate to play devils advocate, but in a way that's what I'm doing here.

Maybe foster dad had a cell phone, but can't make personal calls to foster mom at work. Or maybe if the store is busy, he has called in the past and no one has had the time to answer the phone. It isn't good business practice, but it happens.

Or maybe he has a cell phone like mine, a minute phone that hasn't had minutes in six months and doesn't call anything but 911.
I don't know.
I don't believe the story, I think it reeks to high heaven, but I am trying to nail down why it stinks so bad, instead of falling into the trap of not believing every word that is said.

Wouldn't it be less conspicuous to send her a text message than to walk to the front door with a baby ?
Or is he the only one with a cell phone ?

Wouldn't it be less conspicuous to send her a text message than to walk to the front door with a baby ?
Or is he the only one with a cell phone ?

Even if she has a cell, a good employee wouldn't have it on at work unless it was part of the job, which I highly doubt when you work in a shoe store.

Even if she has a cell, a good employee wouldn't have it on at work unless it was part of the job, which I highly doubt when you work in a shoe store.

True - though a store manager can likely find a reason for it. Especially a pregnant one with a disabled child and a toddler.

Current theory of mine.
Hassani died earlier in the day, more by accident than intentional action, and foster dad panicked, especially since one thing that you are told when you take a child that isn't yours is that if anything happens to the foster, you will more than likely lose your own kids at the same time that you lose the foster kid. He is about to have a child of his own, and this would be a concern. I think that the aunt might not know anything, I am reserving judgement on her.

Current theory of mine.
Hassani died earlier in the day, more by accident than intentional action, and foster dad panicked, especially since one thing that you are told when you take a child that isn't yours is that if anything happens to the foster, you will more than likely lose your own kids at the same time that you lose the foster kid. He is about to have a child of his own, and this would be a concern. I think that the aunt might not know anything, I am reserving judgement on her.

I'll second your theory NMK...and I too am still on the fence with Jennifer, but something in my gut tells me that she's really a sweet girl.

Wonder who made the 911 call and wonder what time the call was made! Hope LE releases it!

okay - I know a child can go missing in a split second - a turn of the head. But this parking lot sounds small and if someone was around looking for a child to kidnap, wouldn't Ross have noticed that? The police need to check out the receipts of purchased goods from stores around the shoe store. Maybe there are video cameras.

What on earth would the motive be? Was there an insurance policy on the child? (sorry - but it's an important question). mho

campbell(9).jpg

Hassani Campbell

Off Topic to the discussion:

Has anyone else tried to look up info on the foster father? Just to see what could be found in various databases? I can't find L. W. Ross on any sites. Period. Not intelius, not veromi...etc.

Did anyone else find him? Or the Aunt/Foster mother for that matter? TIA I'm very confused.

Off Topic to the discussion:

Has anyone else tried to look up info on the foster father? Just to see what could be found in various databases? I can't find L. W. Ross on any sites. Period. Not intelius, not veromi...etc.

Did anyone else find him? Or the Aunt/Foster mother for that matter? TIA I'm very confused.

Very odd for a computer guy.

Very odd for a computer guy.

Okay then that's it, I saw his resume (I created a false profile but since have deleted it. It was quite impressive...to say the least.)

On the resume he used the name "L. W. Ross III" so I looked up the name with the "third" attached. H3ll, not only could I not find anything on the 3rd, not the 2nd or 1st either.

Very strange if you ask me...grrrr...that's why I was asking if anyone found him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627