GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what else? It seems to me the body could quickly and easily be identified as GB or not through dental records. The complete autopsy isn't needed for that much to be done.

So why isn't this being done, or if it has, the results announced? Why would LE drag out the agony of not knowing even longer for the already-grieving families?

Something does not make sense here. Well, a lot of things don't, actually.

Maybe the victims head was missing. (cut off and dumped somewhere else.)

This case is so very tragic. You see many pictures of the three together and how happy they seem. You hear stories of how much llona & Gianna loved each other. You lean about them moving to California together. You get to know them. My worse fear is that there was a betrayal and the pain it caused & how it ended. I hope I'm wrong. It may sound sick, but I would feel better if a fourth person did the killing.

Thanks for that article (and to everyone for sharing the incognito window tip, as I had reached my viewing limit!).

The article states/confirms:

- Ilona worked at the Westfield mall
- Sal & Gianni worked at their father’s Lakeside restaurant
- all three lived with Mr. & Mrs. Belvedere
- detectives confirmed that Sal was picking up Ilona
- detectives have not corroborated that Gianni was at the mall that night

They also clarified that the black male suspect description was just preliminary and the more accurate description is the following:
"man of unknown race, possibly in his 20s, about 5 feet 9 inches to 5 feet 11 inches tall, wearing tan pants and an unknown color shirt"

Sal & Gianni worked at their father’s Lakeside restaurant?

hmm The restaurant, called Mario's in Lakeside is owned by the Donato family and managed by Mario Donato. Paul Donato is Ginanni's uncle.

Mario's bid farewell to their customers in the middle of December, 2013 and said the previous operator would take over. I am not sure, but the previous operator might be the Belvedere family since they had prior partnerships with the Donato's. The previous incarnation of Mario's was called "Ottavio's" which is the same name at the Belvedere's restaurant in Provo, UT (which they closed in 2009 before relocating to California.) Also, the address of Laprimavera Foods, which the Beledere's were launching, used the Lakeside address, months before the announcement was made that Mario's was bowing out of the business.

Maybe the victims head was missing. (cut off and dumped somewhere else.)

OK, let's say hypothetically you are correct.

There's a headless, badly decomposed body in the trunk of a car.

How was LE able to determine practically immediately that the exact age of the corpse was 24?

I'm not asking you this questions specifically, just jumping off from your post.

OK, let's say hypothetically you are correct.

There's a headless, badly decomposed body in the trunk of a car.

How was LE able to determine practically immediately that the exact age of the corpse was 24?

I'm not asking you this questions specifically, just jumping off from your post.

Butting my way in here but I'm assuming the body had a wallet with ID on it but due to the excessive heat decomp made physical identification of the body impossible.

Butting my way in here but I'm assuming the body had a wallet with ID on it but due to the excessive heat decomp made physical identification of the body impossible.

I understand what you are saying, but it's contradictory.

If authorities thought the ID was strong enough evidence to confidently announce the age of the deceased...

it doesn't stand to reason that at the same time they didn't think the ID was strong enough evidence to confidently state the identity of the deceased.

ETA: You're not butting in. All views are welcome at WS.

I think they may be holding off on publically announcing an ID until they know if it was homicide or suicide. Once they announce that it's Gianni or not, there will be public demand for more info. They may have already told the family that it's Gianni but told them to keep it quiet, which could lead to conflicting reports. Some may also be assuming...also...family could say both that they've been told it's Gianni and that they're waiting for confirmation and be telling the truth in both instances.

I think they may be holding off on publically announcing an ID until they know if it was homicide or suicide. Once they announce that it's Gianni or not, there will be public demand for more info. They may have already told the family that it's Gianni but told them to keep it quiet, which could lead to conflicting reports. Some may also be assuming...also...family could say both that they've been told it's Gianni and that they're waiting for confirmation and be telling the truth in both instances.

BBM for focus: But why? There are countless cases where the identity was confirmed but authorities nonetheless stated they were still trying to determine homicide versus suicide.

Just a rhetorical question. This case is making me :banghead:. And less than a week ago I wasn't even paying attention to it!

I agree. But this would be one heck of a curveball if the body isn't Gianni.:eek:hwow:

I think the me knows the body in the trunk is Gianni. the me announced the manner of death as homicide. linked up thread.

Well, curiouser and curiouser. According to the family, body has been identified as GB, according to LE, not so fast.

And then there's this:

"Hastings said he also believes the $10,000 reward the Belvedere family for the safe return of Gianni will soon be a reward for the arrest of a possible suspect."

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...i-Belvedere-Case-241229391.html#ixzz2r0Tmwz9q

There is some serious weirdness going on here.

Whoever the killer is, knew what they were doing to the point of a silencer and most likely killing the male first. I do think there are only a few plausible theories (in my mind).

1. murder suicide
2. They mistook S for G and had to finish the job
3. They need to keep G alive for the time being, for some unknown reason

OK, so assume an unknown killer.

This UK kills IF and SB at the mall.

Where was GB that allowed him to fall into UK killer's hands and end up dead in the trunk of his own car?

He was last seen, according to some reports, at his home in Tierrasanta. According to other reports, he was last "known to be" (I went back and looked, these reports don't say "seen," on Friars Road near Mission Valley).

If he was at his home, how did this killer flush him out to kill him and leave his corpse in his own car in Riverside County approximately 100 miles away?

And if he was even driving in the vicinity of the mall, same question.

No scenario I can think of makes sense.

The public is being fed a lot of BS, aided by a media willing to swallow, or at least report, what LE says without asking obvious questions. It's disgusting.

Clarification:

The ME did not announce the manner of death as homicide.
The PRELIMINARY manner of death is homicide.

The autopsy has not even been done yet.
They do not have an official cause of death OR manner of death.

They can suspect all they want, but it is NOT official.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...i-Belvedere-Case-241229391.html#ixzz2r0alpoqT

The Riverside Sheriff's Department is also now involved in the Riverside case because it will be performing the autopsy, which is scheduled for later this week.

Monday morning, Lt. Mike Hastings with the San Diego Police Department cleared up some confusion about what agency is investigating which part of the case.

------------------------------------

Hastings said he also believes the $10,000 reward
the Belvedere family for the safe return of Gianni will soon be a reward for the arrest of a possible suspect.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...i-Belvedere-Case-241229391.html#ixzz2r0aNcETD

I don't know if he is saying this because he knows it's a homicide.
Or if he's saying this because he believes the family won't accept suicide.
It is certainly an interesting thing for a law enforcement officer to say, indeed. :twocents:

I'm convinced that the body found is Gianna Belvedere. Who on earth else could it be in his car?

My heart's with the families of these three persons, wishing them comfort through this tragic ordeal.

If Gianni killed himself I am sure there is a note in the car explaining why he did what he did if it is in fact a homicide I'm going to go with a drug deal gone bad since the 3 of them were always together if it was a family issue there are more desirable candidates to get vengeance as horrible as it sounds getting someone in the family with kids. I feel terrible saying that but it's a fact. If things happened like the initial witness description someone other than Gianni got in the car and he proceeded to shoot Ilona and Sal I'm more than willing to bet the ranch it had something to do ecstacy/molly. Part of me hopes it's not Gianni but I doubt that's the case and there is a big part of me that feels horrible hoping there is a 4th person involved and this wasn't a love story gone bad.

I would hope there would be a note, but I wouldn't count on it.
A cop here shot his 2 kids, his wife and his MIL before killing himself.
No note. No clues. No reason. Nothing. :twocents:

Don't feel bad, Best in the West, for not wanting it to be Gianni who took the lives of his brother and fiancee, as well as his own. I feel the same.

It means you've got a good heart.

I would also prefer it not be Gianni. This case is heartbreaking enough already.
If it was Gianni and he didn't leave a note explaining... I'm not sure how the families will cope with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123