Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDuchess

Reaction score
One more train of consciousness thought I wanted to throw out there.

Did anyone else feel that the pool reporters at all of the post trial news conferences seem extremely suspicious of the police to you? The looks on some of their faces are a big part of the reason that I too became more and more suspicious of the police.

Also - I am typically 100% pro-police and have a huge uphill climb for me to turn against my positive opinions of the police, but this case easily did that and then some!
Thread #1

Original Teresa Halbach thread

Did anyone else feel that the pool reporters at all of the post trial news conferences seem extremely suspicious of the police to you? The looks on some of their faces are a big part of the reason that I too became more and more suspicious of the police.

Also - I am typically 100% pro-police and have a huge uphill climb for me to turn against my positive opinions of the police, but this case easily did that and then some!

I DID notice that. They had looks of confusion and frustration the whole time. I think it had a lot to do with what they'd been told (and had been reporting) for MONTHS and then they're watching the trial and they're like "wait WHAT". Some of them looked downright p*ssed!

I am only up to Ep. 4 but that public defender? Len? I wanted to smack that grin right off his face....and I'm not a violent person :)

I am up to Ep. 4 but that public defender? I wanted to smack that grin right off his face....and I'm not a violent person :)

Kachinsky or whatever? The dork with the glasses and too-short pants? Brendan's "defense" attorney? Me too.

I am up to Ep. 4 but that public defender? I wanted to smack that grin right off his face....and I'm not a violent person :)

Oh boy - just wait till you see him and his "investigator" on the stand in Ep. 10~

I wonder if any of the jurors will speak out after this? I imagine with all the publicity - some publication might offer substantial compen$ation to hear their side of the story....

I am only up to Ep. 4 but that public defender? Len? I wanted to smack that grin right off his face....and I'm not a violent person :)

Hahahahaha!!! Can you imagine having that guy for your attorney??? Dear Lord!!! :jail:

This is my first post ever.
Regarding the blood smears from SA found in the RAV4: I work with blood at my job. Old blood (and 11 years is VERY old) has a completely different appearance than fresh. Fresh blood is bright red (even after drying) and opaque. Old blood, in which all the cells have lysed (broken), is much darker and has a translucent appearance, particularly in a thin smear. From the pictures shown in MaM, there's no way the blood smears in the RAV4 came from that 11 year old tube of blood. Just my 2 cents.

This is my first post ever.
Regarding the blood smears from SA found in the RAV4: I work with blood at my job. Old blood (and 11 years is VERY old) has a completely different appearance than fresh. Fresh blood is bright red (even after drying) and opaque. Old blood, in which all the cells have lysed (broken), is much darker and has a translucent appearance, particularly in a thin smear. From the pictures shown in MaM, there's no way the blood smears in the RAV4 came from that 11 year old tube of blood. Just my 2 cents.

Isn't the EDTA or whatever that compound is supposed to keep blood "fresh"? I'm ignorant to how blood samples work, so please forgive me! :)

I wonder if any of the jurors will speak out after this? I imagine with all the publicity - some publication might offer substantial compen$ation to hear their side of the story....

I recall they made a pact not to speak, but that could change. Weird they made a pact, that sounds fishy.

I am going back through and rewatching. The moment when Len, his investigator, Kratz, Fassbender and Wiegart are seen walking individually out of that meeting room...it is one of the most significant moments of the series and no words are spoken. The hairs stood up on the back of my neck...

Isn't the EDTA or whatever that compound is supposed to keep blood "fresh"? I'm ignorant to how blood samples work, so please forgive me! :)
EDTA only keeps the blood from clotting as it would normally do (which is why it was still in a liquid state). But the red blood cells (RBCs) will still break down over time. The presence of the intact RBCs in fresh blood is what gives it the opaque appearance. The undegraded hemoglobin inside those cells is what gives it the bright red appearance. Old blood looks more like the fake blood made with corn syrup and food coloring :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

EDTA only keeps the blood from clotting as it would normally do (which is why it was still in a liquid state). But the red blood cells (RBCs) will still break down over time. The presence of the intact RBCs in fresh blood is what gives it the opaque appearance. The undegraded hemoglobin inside those cells is what gives it the bright red appearance. Old blood looks more like the fake blood made with corn syrup and food coloring :)

Thanks for posting and welcome! We always appreciate experts to chime in for us lay folk!

I was wondering if you had any speculation about the unsealed vile of blood and the apparent needle hole in the stopper. Have you ever seen anything like that or have any idea why that might have been there?

BBM: same here, really.

Thanks for posting and welcome! We always appreciate experts to chime in for us lay folk!

I was wondering if you had any speculation about the unsealed vile of blood and the apparent needle hole in the stopper. Have you ever seen anything like that or have any idea why that might have been there?

also wonder if you know why the evidence package would have been cut open and re-taped? If an expert can look at blood and tell it's "old" or "fresh" why spend all the time and $ with the testing? And have you ever been involved with an investigation where there was blood but no fingerprints? If wearing gloves then blood came from another part of his body but I cannot visualize how a wound to say his ear would have resulted in those types of blood smears - 10 of them!

Yes, yes , yes. I would say the looks on their faces most of the time were incredulous. I said a couple of pages ago , those folks taped the entire trial and all pressers, every word. I bet they are getting lots of requests for video right now.

:wagon:

The blood in the Rav looked like they were applied with a q-tip. moo

Thanks! So when someone uses thst kind of Vacutainer to draw blood, they use a double-ended needle. One end is inserted into the patient and the other end is used to pierce the rubber stopper on the tube. The vacuum inside 'sucks' the blood in and, when the tube is full, that end of the needle is withdrawn from the stopper. The hole left by the needle is so small that it 'self-heals'. It's not unusual for a little blood to be left on the outside of the hole as the needle is withdrawn. I was actually really surprised that the prosecution didn't bring in someone to explain that (or maybe they did and it just wasn't shown in MaM?).

also wonder if you know why the evidence package would have been cut open and re-taped? If an expert can look at blood and tell it's "old" or "fresh" why spend all the time and $ with the testing? And have you ever been involved with an investigation where there was blood but no fingerprints? If wearing gloves then blood came from another part of his body but I cannot visualize how a wound to say his ear would have resulted in those types of blood smears - 10 of them!
Just to be clear: I am not involved in forensics of any kind. I simply work in a lab with LOTS of blood [emoji4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members