The Sidebar - Ross Harris Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a discussion during the probable cause hearing that there was a Cooper sized dummy placed in the car seat that showed he was definitely visible over the back of the baby seat. He was "several inches too big" for the seat he was in. I suppose they will introduce this in court.

I recall that at the hearing, it was said the interview was both video tapes and audio taped. Shouldn't the defense already have viewed and listened to it? If they have, and that is not what what was actually said (meaning the detective lied,) wouldn't that have been brought up already?

You'd think so. At the very least Kilgore has to have seen the interview videos. Maybe it'll come up when the forensic technology expert testifies. I dunno. After sitting through 1.5 hours of Ross in the patrol car I'm expecting we'll see the interviews. Or at least I hope so.

I also find Leanne devoid of anguish over Cooper's death. It really bothered me that her statement @ the funeral talked about Cooper never having to deal with certain challenges in life, and that that was a positive result due to his death. There were weird statements that bothered me, such as the question asked about RH as to wether he had divulged too much, while @ the police station. I had believed she would be arrested too & charged as an accessory to murder.

I also find Leanne devoid of anguish over Cooper's death. It really bothered me that her statement @ the funeral talked about Cooper never having to deal with certain challenges in life, and that that was a positive result due to his death. There were weird statements that bothered me, such as the question asked about RH as to wether he had divulged too much, while @ the police station. I had believed she would be arrested too & charged as an accessory to murder.

And didn't both parents say that if they had the chance to bring Cooper back they wouldn't? Something about the world being such a terrible place or something .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And also remember how she said during the funeral that Cooper didn't sleep well the night before and kept his parents up (i.e. sleep-deprived)? IMO she did that purposely to help "explain" why Ross left Cooper in the car. None of that compares to her telling people at Little Apron that "Ross must have left him in the car. There's no other explanation" though.

IMO I don't think she had anything to do with Cooper's death but I do think she had an inkling that Ross was capable of it. And (again JMO) if so, then I think she made a choice to back him up and say/do nothing for her own unknown reasons. What a pair.

Also stated that normal days RH would drop Cooper off at daycare then he would go to CF then to work.

I am very interested in this explanation. Someone who is already late to work, normally drops his son off first before going to CFA, suddenly decides to change it all up and then forgets him 5 minutes later.

It seems damning to me because it is a lot of work to take a toddler out to eat, clean them up, and put them back in their car seat. It will be hard to convince me and possibly the jurors that the day was so different than normal but yet he was relying on habit and just forgot. Especially since that was not his routine it would seem to be extremely bad coincidence to have your child die by your own hand after having done something so rare yet memorable as having breakfast with your son... UNLESS you were setting up what a great father you are knowing that everything you did was going to be scrutinized by the police after he dies.

Didn't RH joke about having a mute button for his baby? Unfortunate admission I guess. Still strange since he is already half deaf apparently.

And also remember how she said during the funeral that Cooper didn't sleep well the night before and kept his parents up (i.e. sleep-deprived)? IMO she did that purposely to help "explain" why Ross left Cooper in the car. None of that compares to her telling people at Little Apron that "Ross must have left him in the car. There's no other explanation" though.

IMO I don't think she had anything to do with Cooper's death but I do think she had an inkling that Ross was capable of it. And (again JMO) if so, then I think she made a choice to back him up and say/do nothing for her own unknown reasons. What a pair.

Why do you think Leanne would lie to protect the person responsible for killing her much wanted, not easily brought into the world baby? Even if it was an accident?

She has been cleared. She had nothing to do with Cooper's death. She has never thought that her husband, now ex-husband, did anything at all to deliberately harm their son, and has never stopped believing that Ross loved Cooper, deeply.

There is no indication that Leanne didn't also love Cooper, deeply. Do you really think she would have allowed Ross to take or have Cooper by himself if she thought he was capable of harming him? Much less of killing him?

Both Leanne and Ross are apparently very religious (one better at abiding commandments than the other). Have you considered the possibility that the only way Leanne could bear losing her precious baby was to believe he was with God, and to rationalize that at least he would be spared ever having to suffer again? Maybe that's all she had or still has to hold onto to keep her sanity, or even to stay alive.

She has also said she's depressed, cries, is sad beyond words to express and thinks she'll feel that way for the rest of her life. Personally, my heart breaks for her, and she has nothing but my most profound sympathy. I cannot imagine being in her position.

I am very interested in this explanation. Someone who is already late to work, normally drops his son off first before going to CFA, suddenly decides to change it all up and then forgets him 5 minutes later.

It seems damning to me because it is a lot of work to take a toddler out to eat, clean them up, and put them back in their car seat. It will be hard to convince me and possibly the jurors that the day was so different than normal but yet he was relying on habit and just forgot. Especially since that was not his routine it would seem to be extremely bad coincidence to have your child die by your own hand after having done something so rare yet memorable as having breakfast with your son... UNLESS you were setting up what a great father you are knowing that everything you did was going to be scrutinized by the police after he dies.

Taking Cooper to CFA wasn't an every day thing, but neither was it at all "rare." Ross took him there, iirc, 3-5 times a month.

Whether Ross was heading towards late or not, a toddler has to eat, and by the accounts I've read (accuracy not verified), being late wasn't unusual for Ross.

I agree with you about the effort involved in taking a toddler out to eat them back into a car...there's nothing automatic about that process, and it requires paying at least a minimum amount of attention.

It seems that Harris was texting/sexting late the night before, in the morning before he left CFA, and as soon as he arrived at work. Not difficult to believe, IMO, that he in fact wasn't paying much attention to Cooper at any time that morning, that his mind went to online GF's the moment he buckled himself up, and that it's entirely possible he lied about kissing Cooper, etc. out of guilt he did no such thing, just stuffed him in his car seat and went back to thinking about who he would text next.

Taking Cooper to CFA wasn't an every day thing, but neither was it at all "rare." Ross took him there, iirc, 3-5 times a month.

Whether Ross was heading towards late or not, a toddler has to eat, and by the accounts I've read (accuracy not verified), being late wasn't unusual for Ross.

I agree with you about the effort involved in taking a toddler out to eat them back into a car...there's nothing automatic about that process, and it requires paying at least a minimum amount of attention.

It seems that Harris was texting/sexting late the night before, in the morning before he left CFA, and as soon as he arrived at work. Not difficult to believe, IMO, that he in fact wasn't paying much attention to Cooper at any time that morning, that his mind went to online GF's the moment he buckled himself up, and that it's entirely possible he lied about kissing Cooper, etc. out of guilt he did no such thing, just stuffed him in his car seat and went back to thinking about who he would text next.

I thought RH said Cooper had already eaten breakfast at home...?

Oh, and I have another question. What is the significance of Ross Harris's hearing loss in one ear. Is the defense suggesting that because of that he could not hear Connor (talking, singing, crying, or whatever) in the carseat that was inches away from his head?
Here's what Ross himself had to say about the bottle rocket accident that caused him to go deaf in one ear:

"I really can't tell anymore. I think my left ear has compensated for what Im missing in my right ear."

From the same site where the child free search apparently took place (Red*it is not linkable here on WS)

I haven't been able to watch the live coverage and watched this today.

Things that stand out to me:

Ross did not call 911.

How quickly Ross becomes calm and cooperative after he's put in handcuffs. It's like flipping a light switch. IMO

He complains about it being hot in the patrol car....numerous times.

He complains about the handcuffs being uncomfortable and too tight....numerous times.

How many times he mentions his previous employment with LE.

How long he sat facing forward before turning to look out the rear window at Cooper.

Witness J Hickmans description of Cooper- pale yellow, eyes were cloudy, tongue was sticking out, blood coming out of the corner of his mouth.

I caught a glimpse as the prosecutor was showing the jury the photo of Cooper at the scene. Coopers arms were drawn up as if he were riding a pony. [emoji29]

#JusticeforCooper

https://youtu.be/u0tcmdGktaI

After the first week, some of my observations regarding media and public interest:

1. I think public interest in the trial will increase each week as people who thought it was open and shut realize that it isn't.
2. I wasn't expecting there to be so many different opinions here about whether it was intentional or not.
3. Has HLN been giving a lot of airtime to the case? They were all ready to show the trial live back in May. I wonder what made them change their mind, or if they will start showing it live at some point.
4. It will be interesting to see whether's there's a significant increase in media coverage during the last week or two, since the election will be over, and the media will have a lot of air time to fill.
5. Does anyone know if there are many national media outlets actually in the courtroom or are they just writing stories from the AP and the local media outlets?
6. I think the trial (so far) is getting more national media coverage than most trials do, but I think it has a lot of the right factors to be even bigger.

BBM

At this point in time, this is exactly what I think happened. Of course, my opinion is subject to change as we receive more evidence.

The DT has disputed many points made by LE and the prosecution, and truth be told, I have sided with the DT's interpretation on every occasion. IMO, the DT possesses the credibility in this case. However, the DT has never challenged the assumption that Ross was practically consumed by his phone/computer (Kilgore even conceded this during his opening statement), and I think that preoccupation lead to Cooper's death. I may move into the premeditated category at some point, but I am not going to be easily convinced that Ross's level of distraction did not amount to either a wanton or reckless disregard for Cooper's well-being. Ross had a responsibility to watch Cooper when he was under his care, and sadly he did not do that.

Why do you think Leanne would lie to protect the person responsible for killing her much wanted, not easily brought into the world baby? Even if it was an accident?

She has been cleared. She had nothing to do with Cooper's death. She has never thought that her husband, now ex-husband, did anything at all to deliberately harm their son, and has never stopped believing that Ross loved Cooper, deeply.

There is no indication that Leanne didn't also love Cooper, deeply. Do you really think she would have allowed Ross to take or have Cooper by himself if she thought he was capable of harming him? Much less of killing him?

Both Leanne and Ross are apparently very religious (one better at abiding commandments than the other). Have you considered the possibility that the only way Leanne could bear losing her precious baby was to believe he was with God, and to rationalize that at least he would be spared ever having to suffer again? Maybe that's all she had or still has to hold onto to keep her sanity, or even to stay alive.

She has also said she's depressed, cries, is sad beyond words to express and thinks she'll feel that way for the rest of her life. Personally, my heart breaks for her, and she has nothing but my most profound sympathy. I cannot imagine being in her position.

I feel the same. My heart breaks for Leanna. I feel no animosity towards her because she has defended Ross.

I haven't been able to watch the live coverage and watched this today.

Things that stand out to me:

Ross did not call 911.

How quickly Ross becomes calm and cooperative after he's put in handcuffs. It's like flipping a light switch. IMO

He complains about it being hot in the patrol car....numerous times.

He complains about the handcuffs being uncomfortable and too tight....numerous times.

How many times he mentions his previous employment with LE.

How long he sat facing forward before turning to look out the rear window at Cooper.

Witness J Hickmans description of Cooper- pale yellow, eyes were cloudy, tongue was sticking out, blood coming out of the corner of his mouth.

I caught a glimpse as the prosecutor was showing the jury the photo of Cooper at the scene. Coopers arms were drawn up as if he were riding a pony. [emoji29]

#JusticeforCooper

https://youtu.be/u0tcmdGktaI

Hmmm, I thought witnesses testified that Cooper's arms were by his side ????

Hmmm, I thought witnesses testified that Cooper's arms were by his side ????

I'll try to explain what I meant in my post.
When riding a horse, one keeps their arms down with elbows against their sides and slightly bent to hold the reins.

That's how Coopers arms look in the photo. Against his body and bent at his elbows with hands clenched.

I'll try to explain what I meant in my post.
When riding a horse, one keeps their arms down with elbows against their sides and slightly bent to hold the reins.

That's how Coopers arms look in the photo. Against his body and bent at his elbows with hands clenched.

So he was sort of set in the position he would have been while seated in his car seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members