Ron C. # 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
bunniephoenix - I am answering your question from #10.

I have never, ever given SO's a pass. You may not have read, I am the survivor of crimes perpetrated by a SO that I testified against in a court of law. I have no issue with LE interrogating anyone. My response was to a poster that has stated that LE wants to roughly interrogate Ronald Cummings and fabricate evidence against him...the poster has intimated some very nefarious things about LE. Imagine my surprise the next day the poster is asking LE to interrogate Mr. Croslin, Jr. It's called incongruent...I was pointing that out...you may have missed it.

Ronald has been questioned at length, and given a lie detector. I also believe all family members on all sides should be asked to do the same. I don't know why you'd have a problem with that. Anything that could help find Haleigh....I hate to think the LE might have tunnel vision on this one.

I haven't forgotten what happened in Jessica Lunsford's case and fear the same may have happened here.

Alrighty then, it appears we're getting off to a rough start here, already having to delete posts :sheesh:

Dragging up arguements from the last thread over to this one just isn't going to get us started off "respectfully".

Without bringing any other posts over from the other thread and trying my best to contain my sarcasm (been getting in trouble for that since I was old enough to put the emphasis in the right part of the sentence :)).....

I understand the defense of Ron, I do.

When the answer to each and every brush with trouble that Ron runs up against is that the all of those parties are out to get him...... it just might be that Ron is the common denominator in those too. The police, the FBI, the Croslin's, the neighbors and the press are not conspiring against him.

I am not even mildly suggesting that means he harmed his daughter. He can be innocent of that incident and still be right in the eye of the storm for all these other incidents. JMO

I want to add this thought about Ron. I don't want him to be guilty of anything, I want him to be kind, thoughtful, loving, a man of respect for his family. But, in the context of reading these threads for six months, I have reached the conclusion that he will never be those things. Just like when reading a paragraph and finding a word that you don't know the meaning of you have to go back and put the context of the paragraph into actually understanding what the word may mean. Over and Over Ron has demonstrated that he is madly in love only with himself. He is selfish, immature, he lacks most of attributes of what we would call common decency. And yet, there are many excuses made for him by other posters. Earlier today, I read a post from someone who said
that if Ron cannot work, maybe with child support paid by Crystal and odd jobs he can survive. Thats just not acceptable, Jr. needs to be loved and cared for , not just a means of support. Crystal is just as needful of concern and sympathy and Misty needs to get a job and take care of Ron if he is unable to work. I keep thinking....devastated, cannot work, but can marry He can afford bail to get out of jail. These are my opinions, does it make sense to anyone?

Without bringing any other posts over from the other thread and trying my best to contain my sarcasm (been getting in trouble for that since I was old enough to put the emphasis in the right part of the sentence :)).....

I understand the defense of Ron, I do.
I defended and argued that Cindy Anthony was in denial and merely clinging to a grandmother's hope that her granddaughter was alive and her daughter didn't kill long past the point that the VAST majority of posters had taken the opposing view.

I posted links to clinical definitions of denial, grief responses, and found examples of other family members in other cases that seemed just as illogical.

I would get hit with posts that said but what about A B and C. As time went on I moved to the "I know she is not likable, but....." and would get responses that now said what about A B C D E and F.

But I hung in there,but somewhere around A B C D E F G H I J K and L I finally had to come to the conclusion that the overall picture with all the pieces we had were not that of a grief stricken woman in denial. No, there were layers and layers, each one with different players and different outrageous behaviours.

The world was not conspiring to make Cindy look like a loon, to make her look like she was interfering with an investigation, that she was knowingly lying to LE, FBI and the press. The one common denominator in all of those different situations, with different players was Cindy.

When the answer to each and every brush with trouble that Ron runs up against is that the all of those parties are out to get him...... it just might be that Ron is the common denominator in those too. The police, the FBI, the Croslin's, the neighbors and the press are not conspiring against him.

I am not even mildly suggesting that means he harmed his daughter. He can be innocent of that incident and still be right in the eye of the storm for all these other incidents. JMO

Has it occurred to you you might be making excuses for the wrong people in this case too? I really don't believe Ron is responsible for Haleigh being missing and wish LE would look at other possibilities.

I want to add this thought about Ron. I don't want him to be guilty of anything, I want him to be kind, thoughtful, loving, a man of respect for his family. But, in the context of reading these threads for six months, I have reached the conclusion that he will never be those things. Just like when reading a paragraph and finding a word that you don't know the meaning of you have to go back and put the context of the paragraph into actually understanding what the word may mean. Over and Over Ron has demonstrated that he is madly in love only with himself. He is selfish, immature, he lacks most of attributes of what we would call common decency. And yet, there are many excuses made for him by other posters. Earlier today, I read a post from someone who said
that if Ron cannot work, maybe with child support paid by Crystal and odd jobs he can survive. Thats just not acceptable, Jr. needs to be loved and cared for , not just a means of support. Crystal is just as needful of concern and sympathy and Misty needs to get a job and take care of Ron if he is unable to work. I keep thinking....devastated, cannot work, but can marry He can afford bail to get out of jail. These are my opinions, does it make sense to anyone?

Some of what you posted makes sense to me, Granny. IMO, Ron is not showing the kind of fathering skills and mindset that would be expected in a 24-5 year old. When you are a father, you just can't let your emotions render you incapable of assisting LE the night your daughter goes missing. When you are a father, you just can't stop responding to LE because all you want to say is that you are not responsible for your daughter's disappearance. When you are father, you just can't loose your temper to the point where you are arrested for assault. When you are a father, you just can't behave this way because your children need you to be there for them. When you a parent - it's just not about you any more, IMO.

Where we disagree is on the idea of Misty going to work to support Ron. It's an awful thing to loose a child. I know. I watched my MIL deal with with my BIL's murder. It was devastating for all of us, still is. But, that almost 50 year old widow, got up after a couple of weeks and went back to work. Her motivation ? - my SIL who was 13 years old at the time. When you are a parent, you get up and go back to work because your other child needs to know you're going be all right and so are they.

I don't feel Ron has anything to do with Haleigh being missing nor Misty, Crystal or Chad, but I do feel Ron's lifestyle had alot to do with why Haleigh is missing today. JMO of course..

I saw Cindy for what she was very early on in that case. Has it occurred to you you might be making excuses for the wrong people in this case too? I really don't believe Ron is responsible for Haleigh being missing and wish LE would look at other possibilities.

He may not be responsible for the disappearance of his daughter, and that is not what she is saying, IMO.

I defended Cindy and George too, for a long time. I still have sympathy for their loss, because it is obvious that they loved Caylee far more than her own mother did, apparently. However, I can sympathize with someone and still not like what that person does. I can look through the forest and still see the trees.

And... maybe some of you are making excuses for the wrong people in this case as well. Time will tell. The only one I really have the utmost concern for here is Haleigh. I'm on her side, and all I want is to know what happened to her. IF anyone on either side knows anything that can bring her home, then it's time for them to do the right thing and talk to LE.

I don't claim to know who is responsible for Haleigh's disappearance, but I also don't necessarily think that every wrong act by anyone close to Haleigh is evidence of their guilt AS IT RELATES TO HER DISAPPEARANCE. Let's face it...this poor, lost, little girl was virtually surrounded by adults who were a far cry from the most respectable members of society.

Even though RC has been accused of this latest incident with the rat in the mailbox, I am not willing to buy the story until I know more of the facts. To me, it doesn't make sense to me that he would do such a thing. Of course, I am basing that on what makes sense to *me*....and I have no way of knowing what goes on in any of the players' heads. I'm GLAD I can't think like some of these people or the Anthonys! I'd have to get myself checked out if they suddenly started making sense to me.

I do hope that people will indulge me if I don't automatically jump to the worst conclusion when ANYONE close to this case is reported to have done something wrong. I like to take a little time and gather up the facts before I decide whether or not I believe a story.

I don't feel Ron has anything to do with Haleigh being missing nor Misty, Crystal or Chad, but I do feel Ron's lifestyle had alot to do with why Haleigh is missing today. JMO of course..

Exactly. Beautiful way to sum it up. If nothing I else I can be sure of, his lifestyle is the reason.

Whether or not one believes RC has involvement in his daughter's disappearance, what is so troubling in light of the reported conduct we've seen, is that anyone would persist in defense of these actions or his character. IMO to go on believing that either a short fuse has no link to his child having vanished into thin air eg, or that his refusal to work w investigators has no bearing nor any implications on the case whatsoever, is one thing. But to go on defending such conduct and character under the circumstances is past loyal. JMO

:parrot:

I don't think it's *right* or *helpful* that RC is not speaking with LE, but I think I can understand why he isn't. That doesn't mean I condone his actions--just that I think I can understand where he might be coming from.

He may not be responsible for the disappearance of his daughter, and that is not what she is saying, IMO.

I defended Cindy and George too, for a long time. I still have sympathy for their loss, because it is obvious that they loved Caylee far more than her own mother did, apparently. However, I can sympathize with someone and still not like what that person does. I can look through the forest and still see the trees.

And... maybe some of you are making excuses for the wrong people in this case as well. Time will tell. The only one I really have the utmost concern for here is Haleigh. I'm on her side, and all I want is to know what happened to her. IF anyone on either side knows anything that can bring her home, then it's time for them to do the right thing and talk to LE.

I don't care if I'm wrong either...I'd just like to see Haleigh brought home. I think the constant Ron bashing just detracts from that goal. There are still sooo many other possible suspects in this case, and the real perp could be getting overlooked while all this stuff is going on.

I don't care if I'm wrong either...I'd just like to see Haleigh brought home. I think the constant Ron bashing just detracts from that goal. There are still sooo many other possible suspects in this case, and the real perp could be getting overlooked while all this stuff is going on.

BBM...
I think that goes both ways, bashing of Ron and Crystal both.

Whether or not one believes RC has involvement in his daughter's disappearance, what is so troubling in light of the reported conduct we've seen, is that anyone would persist in defense of these actions or his character. IMO to go on believing that either a short fuse has no link to his child having vanished into thin air eg, or that his refusal to work w investigators has no bearing nor any implications on the case whatsoever, is one thing. But to go on defending such conduct and character under the circumstances is past loyal. JMO

:parrot:

I thought we were all here to help find Haleigh, not to non-stop comment/judge people's parenting skills. I really don't get how these incessant "lifestyle" comments can do that, unless of course you are 100% certain he is responsible. I think our time (both sides) would be far better spent sleuthing. I just don't see how this stuff gets us any closer to finding Haleigh. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

To say that reading and discussing what is reported in the news is "bashing" is expecting everyone to turn a blind eye where RC is concerned. If others are offended that some are not willing to do so, well I can live w that.

It isn't bashing Ronald to discuss the fact that he was arrested for beating the crud out of his brother in law, while committing a felony offense of burglary. It is not bashing to discuss the merits of the latest claim that he has threatened his brother in law by placing a headless rat into his mailbox (two felonies....witness tampering and mail tampering). I do not understand why, when the man himself acts in questionable ways, that people believe it bears nothing to the disappearance of his child, nor should it be discussed as to the measure of the man.

In the famous words of many GMAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member