CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what you are referring to is a black plastic bag filled with leaves, etc. Thank you for the flikr advice. ( l learned a lot just trying to get these three pics up here. :loser:)

I would like to see what is in the canvas bag (Valentine cards ?) , but maybe RELady or DewSeeker can come with me for that.
And i am sure y'all already know this but to ease my own mind i will say it:

If you DO move things and look in things please wear gloves, try not to touch anything that might obscure a fingerprint, take lots of pictures and do not move things so much that any trace evidence on or around the bag could be lost.

You can give me a DUH now lol

jmo

And i am sure y'all already know this but to ease my own mind i will say it:

If you DO move things and look in things please wear gloves, try not to touch anything that might obscure a fingerprint, take lots of pictures and do not move things so much that any trace evidence on or around the bag could be lost.

You can give me a DUH now lol

jmo

I agree with you...I will be careful. I will say this though, and I have said it before, I wouldn't even be interested in the things in the pics if I had a good description of the kind of shoes Amber had on and what other bags, etc. she might have with her.

This is the video released by the family after Amber had been missing for 2 weeks. At :51 - :52 the camera pans the shoes she is wearing. Since this video was made the week prior to her disappearance, I'm wondering if these are the same shoes she had on they day she went missing.

http://www.cbs8.com/global/category...=info&LaunchPageAdTag=homepage&clipFormat=flv

They could be.. here is a description of clothing she was wearing after she went missing
Last seen wearing black pants, black hoodie and black sneakers

This is the video released by the family after Amber had been missing for 2 weeks. At :51 - :52 the camera pans the shoes she is wearing. Since this video was made the week prior to her disappearance, I'm wondering if these are the same shoes she had on they day she went missing.

http://www.cbs8.com/global/category...=info&LaunchPageAdTag=homepage&clipFormat=flv

I looked at the video several times. Sigh. I can't tell if they are the shoes that Amber has on or her cousin, the person taking the video. It looks more like it could be her cousin's shoes. Does anyone else think that too?

I looked at the video several times. Sigh. I can't tell if they are the shoes that Amber has on or her cousin, the person taking the video. It looks more like it could be her cousin's shoes. Does anyone else think that too?
Sorry but for some reason the video won't show up for me so i cannot see them. I did try though.

I was up there yesterday and saw the shoe and bag. I don't think the shoe is the one in the video. The shoes in the video have stitching around the toes and the one in Cougar Pass are slip ons, no stitiching, and looks to be very large.

Sorry we didn't connect today, Invisible, I was washing my car when you pm'd me.

I was up there yesterday and saw the shoe and bag. I don't think the shoe is the one in the video. The shoes in the video have stitching around the toes and the one in Cougar Pass are slip ons, no stitiching, and looks to be very large.

Sorry we didn't connect today, Invisible, I was washing my car when you pm'd me.

Yes, I agree, I don't think the shoe belongs to Amber and it definitely does not appear to be like the shoes in the video.

Amber, where are you, honey?

I don't think she is weird for having chosen the username wolfintheend HOWEVER, how that username would be taken by some of the sick people on the internet is a different story. I cannot even imagine the sort of emails and contacts she would have gotten with that username .. actually I *can* imagine them and it worries me. Normal people, and especially teens would not think "wolf in the end" a sexual thing but sick people (and people who have had to deal with those) can pretty easily see the implications .. and sadly the fetishes, that such a name would call to mind.
I fear for her safety in more ways than one.

moo

I agree. The sickos would notice the name right away and see more than was intended. When I first read the user name I thought Wolfin (as in the movie) the end.

The only shoes I see in the video are of the person holding the camera, which I believe is her cousin.

Whoever is holding the camera looks down and it shows their shoes, which I am assuming is the cousin.

Kel

If you can send me the pictures (so I can blow them up) I will forward to the mother and we can get a definite answer. I appreciate everyone's help in Amber's case. I have been in touch with search center and asked them to re-search the Cougar Pass area.

Sorry I haven't been back in touch but had to leave San Diego and respond to another case. Keep up the good work.

You can email me at search4missing@yahoo.com

Brad

I don't think that the shoes in the video are the same as the one in the picture either. I do think that someone should look in the bag, just to be on the safe side. I had an unexpected medical issue come up on Friday morning and I'm just now getting up and about and there is no way I can go back up there. I'm sorry, I feel really bad that I can't meet someone or something. I really wish we would here something. I'm praying for you Amber!

I just thought about this, that maybe since there is nothing new to report that the news stations have just dropped the story, which is so sad. I'm going to try to send out some emails. If the news stations NEED to keep the pressure on LE!

Was there another search today???
It's so frustrating....
Are they doing anything to find Amber at all?
The police, i mean......
We aren't hearing anything at all :(

I saw it, but I honestly didn't believe the poster. So many people post bogus cr*p on these comments. I do hope the police saw it and at least made an attempt to find the person.

Invisible and others: thanks for following up on items near Cougar Pass. Even if not connected, it shows there could be other items out there to be found and why the public's help is needed.

I wish as others have mentioned that a detailed list/description of clothing and any other items would be provided to the public. Another example is Amber's pendant on a chain (wolf pendant?), if she was wearing it at the time. That's pretty distinctive too. Attached is a picture of her wearing it.

Attachments

• Pendant.jpg
    Pendant.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 39
Once LE looks at Amber’s chat logs, private messages, etc., if they see anything suspicious, do they have to get another warrant to get any info (e.g. an email address, IP address) behind a user/screen name of anyone corresponding with Amber to take it to the next step? I guess this is going to take some time?

There may or may not be a connection with online activity, but here are a couple of articles for reference about catching internet predators.
http://googlewatch.eweek.com/content/archive/csi_yahoo_or_how_to_get_caught_soliciting_a_minor_on_the_internet.html
http://www.stillwater-newspress.com/local/local_story_299124841.html

Search Warrants in Amber’s Case

• March 12, 2009 - Yahoo warrant included obtaining friend lists, private messages (inbox, trash, sent), chat logs, comments, buddy list. Warrant describes the receipt and inventory on Mar 12 of (5) pages of paper with search warrant return info from Yahoo.com; (1) DVD containing search warrant return information from Yahoo.com. http://www.nctimes.com/pdf/Warrant031209.pdf

I was searching several sites to see if I could find a profile for Amber under various usernames – writing, art, and wolf sites. The sites all had chat rooms as well. I couldn’t find any profiles for her, but on one art site the “teens” were posting back and forth about how their parents didn’t want them on the site but they were on anyway. One site called wolfquest (all about wolves with tons of members) had an alert posted about inappropriate comments being made during chat sessions and how to report those and how to find the usernames in a .txt file on their computer.

This survey from May 2007 about teen internet use is interesting and results have shown improvement (Cox Communications in partnership with National Center for Missing & Exploited Children and John Walsh - 1,070 teens surveyed ages 13 to 17). Apologies for the length.

======================
The findings are from the third annual survey Cox and NCMEC have fielded to help parents and guardians understand the potential dangers of the Internet. The 2007 survey was nearly identical to the questions asked in 2006, revealing compelling year-over-year trends about teen Internet use.

Key findings:

Teens are increasingly active online and at potential risk of falling prey to online predators.

• A large majority of teens (71%) have established online profiles (including those on social networking sites such as MySpace, Friendster and Xanga), up from 61% in 2006.
  • 69% of teens regularly receive personal messages online from people they don’t know and most of them don’t tell a trusted adult about it.
  • Teens readily post personal info online. 64% post photos or videos of themselves, while more than half (58%) post info about where they live. Females are far more likely than male teens to post personal photos or videos of themselves (70% vs. 58%).
  • Nearly one in 10 teens (8%) has posted his or her cell phone number online.
  • Overall, 19% of teens report they have been harassed or bullied online, and the incidence of online harassment is higher (23%) among 16 and 17 year-olds. Girls are more likely to be harassed or bullied than boys (21% vs. 17%).
Parents and guardians are becoming more involved in monitoring their teens’ Internet use and talking to them about online safety.

• Parental awareness of their teens’ online activities has risen significantly. This year, 25% of teens say their parents know “little” or “nothing” about what they do online, down from 33% last year.
  • 41% of teens report their parents talk to them “a lot” about Internet safety (up five points over 2006), and three out of four say their parents have talked to them in the past year about the potential dangers of posting personal info. The level of parental involvement is higher for younger teens and girls, although it has increased across all age groups and both genders.
  • Teens whose parents have talked to them “a lot” about Internet safety are more concerned about the risks of sharing personal info online than teens whose parents are less involved. For instance, 65% of those whose parents have not talked to them about online safety post info about where they live, compared to 48% of teens with more involved parents.
  • Teens whose parents have talked to them “a lot” about online safety are less likely to consider meeting face to face with someone they met on the Internet (12% vs. 20%).
Many teens are unconcerned about the dangers of sharing personal info online.

• A majority of teens (58%) don’t think posting photos or other personal info on social networking sites is unsafe.
  • Nearly half of teens (47%) aren’t worried about others using their personal info in ways they don’t want (although that represents a 10-percentage-point improvement over 2006).
  • About half (49%) are unconcerned posting personal info online might negatively affect their future.
Teens are showing some signs of making safer, smarter choices online.

• While 16% of teens say they’ve considered meeting face to face with someone they’ve talked to only online, that marks a significant drop compared to the 30% of teens who were considering such a meeting in 2006. In 2007, 8% of teens say they actually have met in person with someone from the Internet, down from 14% in 2006.
  • When they receive online messages from someone they don’t know, 60% of teens say they usually respond only to ask who the person is. Compared to the 2006 survey, there was a 10-percentage-point increase in teens ignoring such messages (57% vs. 47%). Still, nearly a third of teens (31%) say they usually reply and chat with people they don’t know, and only 21% tell a trusted adult when they receive such messages.
Survey Findings: http://www.cox.com/takecharge/survey_results.asp
Home page with Internet Safety info and Tools/Tips: http://www.cox.com/takecharge/default.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member