IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
New thought: we've now had searches of Bloomington, the landfill, Lake Monroe and surrounding Hoosier National Forest, Griffy Lake, the Morgan-Monroe State Forest, and a mound in Martinsville (two days after the fire), with no results. Does that lend credence to the notion that LS was taken beyond Martinsville, to Indianapolis or Michigan?

A related thought: Was HT's early comment that the search needed to expand beyond Btown related to her knowledge of JR's visitor?

New thought: we've now had searches of Bloomington, the landfill, Lake Monroe and surrounding Hoosier National Forest, Griffy Lake, the Morgan-Monroe State Forest, and a mound in Martinsville (two days after the fire), with no results. Does that lend credence to the notion that LS was taken beyond Martinsville, to Indianapolis or Michigan?

Personally, I don't believe so. I think there is a larger possibility that she was taken outside of Bloomington since much of the county was covered, but I don't think there is any reason to suspect any one direction over another.

A related thought: Was HT's early comment that the search needed to expand beyond Btown related to her knowledge of JR's visitor?

Hard to tell if she even knew about the visitor at that time. Her quote regarding the visitor came out much later than her early comments, and it would be speculation as to when she gained the knowledge that there was even such a person present.

My personal "triangle" for "where to search for Lauren" has always stretched from Bloomington, IN, to Ann Arbor/Detroit MI, then over to NYC/LI (close the triangle back to IN). Yes it's huge.

After a night of partying a simple suggestion of a "road trip" from a friend, an aquaintance or a friend-of-a-friend can sometimes start to sound like a very good idea (don't ask me how I know, LOL. Misspent youth and all that :innocent: ).

How extensively were the bodies of water searched? I know TES was there, but did they in fact rule out the nearby lakes? I would think it would be very difficult to do so (rule them out.)

Personally, I don't believe so. I think there is a larger possibility that she was taken outside of Bloomington since much of the county was covered, but I don't think there is any reason to suspect any one direction over another.

BBM
I dunno. I guess I was going with the thought that the person who took LS out of the area would go in a direction with which he/she was familiar. You could be right though. Someone says "hey, Seattle is nice at this time of year"...and off they go.

How extensively were the bodies of water searched? I know TES was there, but did they in fact rule out the nearby lakes? I would think it would be very difficult to do so (rule them out.)

Oh, I doubt we can rule them out either. I'm just playing percentages - if they've been searched in some fashion, I think it's less likely she was there, just like I think that if she has not been found in Btown or the area surrounding Btown, I think it's more likely she is in another nearby area associated with a (M)POI.

Maybe this is a naive question (still a WS rookie after all), but has anyone alerted the BPD tips e-mail address to this thread's existence? I presume that LE rolls its eyes at most of the speculation that goes on, and probably has quite the opinion of us amateurs, but if they are truly in some kind of stall, isn't it possible that something here might trigger something helpful to them? CS spoke of the perceived disconnect between social media and LE, not sure what else we can do to help bridge that gap.

Maybe this is a naive question (still a WS rookie after all), but has anyone alerted the BPD tips e-mail address to this thread's existence? I presume that LE rolls its eyes at most of the speculation that goes on, and probably has quite the opinion of us amateurs, but if they are truly in some kind of stall, isn't it possible that something here might trigger something helpful to them? CS spoke of the perceived disconnect between social media and LE, not sure what else we can do to help bridge that gap.

Frankly, at this point I would prefer that CS herself reads our posts and our posits.

If she sees anything at all that warrants further investigation, I'm pretty sure that the BPD is on her speed dial!

No, there are so many more places to be searched, why they chose the places they did at the beginning is beyond me! The only thing that I can think of, as to why, is because those places are well traveled and known to IU students.

I wonder how long the body has been there. Indiana has over 1,000 missing persons so chances are it's not Lauren but it is very possible. I hope we hear something soon.

Does anyone think it's significant one way or another that News 8 vs. the LE at the scene contacted Captain Qualters re: LS?

I wonder how long the body has been there. Indiana has over 1,000 missing persons so chances are it's not Lauren but it is very possible. I hope we hear something soon.

Yeah, the reference of "a decomposed body that appeared to have been in the woods for some time." is incredibly vague...no matter if it is LS or not, hopefully a family will be getting answers about a loved one!

No, there are so many more places to be searched, why they chose the places they did at the beginning is beyond me! The only thing that I can think of, as to why, is because those places are well traveled and known to IU students.

The first search was Hoosier Nat'l Forest. I'm of the opinion that this could be prior hazing location of AEPi. Lake Monroe search was based on a tip. This lake and the others could possibly be hazing locations as well or a friend with a family cabin or boat.

Does anyone think it's significant one way or another that News 8 vs. the LE at the scene contacted Captain Qualters re: LS?

Yes, but what to make of it? I took it as a sign that they know enough to know it's not her. Or, they don't communicate with BPD for some reason or another.

A little over an hour East of Bloomington, map image included.

If I were transporting a body I'd take 446 South through Hoosier Nat'l then 50 East. :)

If you have a moment can you tell me how to do screen grab of map? TY.

I'm sorry, but I just hate that when they find bodies (which are obviously either male or female), they don't address that fact in the beginning. Mind you, in this case since they say it's been there awhile, perhaps it was too decomposed to tell. However recently, there was the guy pulled from the water, who'd driven his car in. They just released that a "body" had been found. Why sensationalize it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member