17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO They've charged him with Murder 2 in hopes they at least get manslaughter. Or does it work that way?

I am just wondering where the impartial jury is coming from.

Not Sanford. I heard something Cory stated that made me think she will move for a change of venue and well she should. The jury there will tilt heavily for Zimmerman, IMO with the attitude that any black teen must have been up to something or aggressive when confronted.

I watched both pressers, BTW and let me say that I agreed with everything Sharpton, Crump, the parents and the last guy stated (didn't catch his name). I felt they were well spoken and spoke the truth in a dignified, lovely manner. Beautiful. I don't know if I could maintain such dignity had my son been murdered.

Finally, this case is about race. Race played a part in why Trayvon was seen as suspicious to begin with, why Sanford and Wolfinger decided not to arrest and charge the suspect and why it took pressure from the public just to get to this place, IMO. Those who spoke today spoke with humility and grace. But no one should have to fight this hard just to get to "first base". And while people of all races have had to face such injustice (Susan Powell, Juliette Guerts, etc.), far too often, it is blacks that have this fight. That is not right and I hope Trayvon's death helps change that.

We are a great country, we have come a long way but we have farther to go.

Well, this lost me there, in stomping for 'the great cause'. What am I missing here??? They got GZ charged with murder. Now they are going to go on and on about it forever???? What is this about, really?

I've been watching on HLN. I loved what the parents said. The rest are just self-righteous preeners, IMO. Annoying as all get out.

I know sometimes the civil rights leader are overbearing but say what you may about Al Sharpton but if he hadn't gotten involved in this case the investigation would have been non existent right now. As a black person I am astonished of all the press the death of Trayvon has been getting. The killing of a black male by anyone is usually "business as usual". I cannot recall this media coverage happening to a non-celebrity who is an African-American.

IMO They've charged him with Murder 2 in hopes they at least get manslaughter. Or does it work that way?
No. They aren't necessarily locked into that charge, though. They can still drop it to a lesser charge before trial or offer a reduced charge as a plea offer.

Full capias:

IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE EIGHTEENTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
IN AND FOR SEMINOLE COUNTY, FLORIDA

ISSUE CAPIAS

CASE NUMBER:
SA NO: 1712f04573

STATE OF FLORIDA
VS.
GEORGE ZIMMERMAN

INFORMATION

COUNT 1: MURDER IN THE SECOND DEGREE

IN THE NAME AND BY AUTHORITY OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA, ANGELA B. COREY, STATE ATTORNEY for the Fourth Judicial Circuit of the State of Florida, pursuant to Executive Order of the Governor 12-72, and as such Prosecuting Attorney for this Court, through the undersigned designated Assistant State Attorney, charges that:

COUNT 1: IN THE COUNTY OF SEMINOLE, STATE OF FLORIDA, on February 26, 2012, GEORGE ZIMMERMAN, did unlawfully and by an act imminently dangerous to another, and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, kill TRAYVON MARTIN, a human being under the age of eighteen, by shooting the said victim, and during the commission of the aforementioned Second Degree Murder, the said GEORGE ZIMMERMAN did carry, display, use, threaten to use or attempt to use a firearm and did actually possess and discharge a firearm and as a result of the discharge, death or great bodily harm was inflicted upon any person, contrary to the provisions of Section 782.04(2), 775.087(1) and 775.087(2), Florida Statutes.

ANGELA B. COREY
STATE ATTORNEY

I hereby state under oath that I am instituting this prosecution in good faith and I certify that I have received testimony under oath from the material witness or witnesses for the offense(s).

[signature]
Bernardo de la Rionda
Designated Assistant State Attorney
for the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit
Florida Bar No. 365841

Personally appeared before me, Designated Assistant State Attorney Bernardo de la Rionda, who is personally known to me, who being first duly sworn, says that this prosecution is instituted in good faith, and certifies that testimony under oath has been received from the material witness or witnesses for the offense(s), and says that the allegations as set forth in the foregoing information are based upon facts that have been sworn to as true and wich, if true, would constitute the offense(s) tehrin charged. Sworn to and subscribed before me this 11th day of April, 2012.

[signature]
Signature of Notary

Jennifer Weigel
Name of Notary

Not Sanford. I heard something Cory stated that made me think she will move for a change of venue and well she should. The jury there will tilt heavily for Zimmerman, IMO with the attitude that any black teen must have been up to something or aggressive when confronted.

I watched both pressers, BTW and let me say that I agreed with everything Sharpton, Crump, the parents and the last guy stated (didn't catch his name). I felt they were well spoken and spoke the truth in a dignified, lovely manner. Beautiful. I don't know if I could maintain such dignity had my son been murdered.

Finally, this case is about race. Race played a part in why Trayvon was seen as suspicious to begin with, why Sanford and Wolfinger decided not to arrest and charge the suspect and why it took pressure from the public just to get to this place, IMO. Those who spoke today spoke with humility and grace. But no one should have to fight this hard just to get to "first base". And while people of all races have had to face such injustice (Susan Powell, Juliette Guerts, etc.), far too often, it is blacks that have this fight. That is not right and I hope Trayvon's death helps change that.

absolutely beautiful post and well said, G... I completely agree with you.

I have no problem with Civil Rights Leaders! I am a woman, if it wasn't for our past generations fighting for my rights... I wouldn't be able to vote right now!

I am still skeptical. In high profile cases especially in Florida, it seems like they tend to overcharge in an attempt to look tough on crime. Such as the CA case. I would rather an achievable conviction than a charge that is unlikely to get a conviction. AC is a Republican appointed by Rick Scott, who has not impressed me in his other actions. With all the cover given to SPD and Rick Wolfinger during AC's PC, much of this is just political damage control. I have my doubts. JMO, IMO.

BBM

Thats is some of the complaints about AC with defense attorney's. One defense attorney I know says it cost the state so much money going this way.
I will say, I do like her myself for what I see she does. Rick Scott thats another story.

Well, this lost me there, in stomping for 'the great cause'. What am I missing here??? They got GZ charged with murder. Now they are going to go on and on about it forever???? What is this about, really?

I've been watching on HLN. I loved what the parents said. The rest are just self-righteous preeners, IMO. Annoying as all get out.

It's only been an Hour. Not even close to forever.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Very well said Gitana. I think one must be a minority to understand what you just said. Someone was on MSNBC and put it in a way that most would understand, "if an man was walking on Park Avenue and shot down by a stranger" this SYG law even if it was in effect would not stand. There would have been a thorough investigation (more than 7 hours) before the shooter was released". Why is Trayvon's life less important than a "man on Park Avenue"? Trayvon was treated like a criminal from the moment his body was bought to the ME's office. This is why the civil leaders were speaking in such an impassionate manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member