GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOH, does anyone know the history of the actual building where Froggy's is located? Has the building ever been used as a restaurant or cafe of any kind, or a bar that served food, like burgers and fries. I know that Froggy's doesn't serve food out of the building now but I am asking about possible uses in the past.

Curious because VOH said that NH mowed the grass and did other chores around the building. Is it possible that there is an old grease trap or septic system located on the property that NH might have found? Also a few days ago some people were talking about the stench/smell that was supposedly coming from behind Froggy's, and other said that a body would not have decomposed that quicky, but we need to remember that she supposedly disappeared on Friday night/early Saturday morning but was not reported missing until Monday. By the time LE got the report about the stench/smell on Tuesday? or Wednesday?, her body would have begun to decompose and smell.

Also Kelli had an Apple I-phone so turning it off would not have disabled the cell tower pings or the GPS function, only a dead battery or the removal of the battery (which is very hard to do on an i-phone) would stop those functions.

I do not know the history of the building, but there is no grill or anything set up for cooking there.

Surprised no one has commented on this:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/47260721/ns/today-today_news/
"In the initial days after her disappearance, police received a signal from Bordeaux’s iPhone, pinging from a wooded area, but they could not pinpoint its exact location and the signal is now gone. "
I had not seen that the pings from the phone were AFTER her disappearance. Additionally, it says they were from a wooded area. (not necessarily the bar)

Thanks for the post Mook.

I had, with my limited "ping" knowledge, always assumed that there were pings before and after Kelli was last seen. Just had not read that LE determined that it was pinging from a wooded area but could not pinpoint the exact location.

Seems a ping would made a "record" somewhere and even when the pinging stops, one could find where it had been coming from before. However, if there is a 1.7mile radius I see that covers quite an area. Wonder how they know it is a wooded area - say rather than in a parking lot?

I'm thinking it must be the wooded areas in the tower's range. But, what enabled them to know it is wooded? Make one go.. hummmm?

Thanks for the post Mook.

I had, with my limited "ping" knowledge, always assumed that there were pings before and after Kelli was last seen. Just had not read that LE determined that it was pinging from a wooded area but could not pinpoint the exact location.

Seems a ping would made a "record" somewhere and even when the pinging stops, one could find where it had been coming from before. However, if there is a 1.7mile radius I see that covers quite an area. Wonder how they know it is a wooded area - say rather than in a parking lot?

I'm thinking it must be the wooded areas in the tower's range. But, what enabled them to know it is wooded? Make one go.. hummmm?

Yes because there is a lot of woods around Kelli's own apartment building also.

MB is Kelli's official next of kin legally . Kelli's Mom seems to be a very savvy woman and was not born yesterday, so she could be staying very close to MB because she knows he has the legal rights to the information and even all military information.

It is also possible that she really does like MB, but I have to wonder if the thought has crossed her mind that MB may know more than he is saying or telling her.

Personally, I believe the military if they say Kelli and Mike were estranged.

:moo:

I'm thinking it might have been her GPS that kept on giving a signal longer. That's just mho, so don't take it as fact :)

Does anyone know if and when they searched the woods around her apartment? Was it a thorough search, or one where they'd be looking for something large? I believe I recall a fast search there when she first went missing, but I'm not sure.

I'm thinking it might have been her GPS that kept on giving a signal longer. That's just mho, so don't take it as fact :)

Does anyone know if and when they searched the woods around her apartment? Was it a thorough search, or one where they'd be looking for something large? I believe I recall a fast search there when she first went missing, but I'm not sure.

It's been searched multiple times last time being this past saturday with a search team and search dogs.

Could be Writer7, but seems a GPS report/signal would be even more detailed on exact location spot (within feet). JMT = just my thinking.

I have a couple questions directed only to folks that participated in Fayetteville searches last week & this week:

A. When search leaders gave instructions, did they advise you to look high & low for KB's phone - ex. look in tree holes and in forks as well as on the ground?

B. Did search leaders describe that KB had multiple tatoos?

C. Did you observe LE collecting any items found during your group's search?

Thanks for answering if you can.

I still think that Kelli's cell could have died in that little area between Methodist University and Froggy's where there is interference and dropped calls.

IMO

I have a couple questions directed only to folks that participated in Fayetteville searches last week & this week:

A. When search leaders gave instructions, did they advise you to look high & low for KB's phone - ex. look in tree holes and in forks as well as on the ground?

I can speak for my group that searched behind and bar. Yes we looked up and down and all around.

B. Did search leaders describe that KB had multiple tatoos?

Nope. I knew of them but they never mentioned them.

C. Did you observe LE collecting any items found during your group's search?

I know of particular items that were found in my area and others but I cannot say if they all were collected. We thought one particular item found in our area should be and the dect showed up and we continued on searching. I was there to search and let the LE do their job.

I still think that Kelli's cell could have died in that little area between Methodist University and Froggy's where there is interference and dropped calls.

IMO

Seems like an area that should be searched well.

Thanks for searching supertroop82; wish I was closer to help too. Thanks for your responses to my questions.

I recall (from map) there is one small lake/retention pond behind FB/between FB & the apts back there. Was that small body of water surrounded by trees? Was there a creek within the trees back in there also? Seems a body of water would be a place to toss a phone to attempt to hide it.

Thanks for searching supertroop82; wish I was closer to help too. Thanks for your responses to my questions.

I recall (from map) there is one small lake/retention pond behind FB/between FB & the apts back there. Was that small body of water surrounded by trees? Was there a creek within the trees back in there also? Seems a body of water would be a place to toss a phone to attempt to hide it.

There is a creek that runs behind the Fort Bragg Credit Union, The River Church Office and the bar. It gets wider towards I-295.

I must say Im so happy that there is going to be another search!! And thats its on a Sat., so I will be able to attend!!! Never been on that side of town. Hoping that the parking will be ok. I plan on getting out there early!!! Hoping/praying some questions get answered for Kelli and her Family.

There is a creek that runs behind the Fort Bragg Credit Union, The River Church Office and the bar. It gets wider towards I-295.

Also a small pond in the subdivion on the tree line behind the Credit Union. That area was searched all the way back to Lamont St.

I must say Im so happy that there is going to be another search!! And thats its on a Sat., so I will be able to attend!!! Never been on that side of town. Hoping that the parking will be ok. I plan on getting out there early!!! Hoping/praying some questions get answered for Kelli and her Family.

My granddaughter finished her last class at Methodist University just today. She and her friends have said that they would definately join in any searches after today. She has a network of both students as well as military friends that really, really want to see Kelli found.

I dont know too many people here. My Hubby has to stay home with our babies. But everything in me is telling me to go, so if I go alone then thats the way it will just have to be. Lol. My heart truly breaks for Kelli and her family.

I dont know too many people here. My Hubby has to stay home with our babies. But everything in me is telling me to go, so if I go alone then thats the way it will just have to be. Lol. My heart truly breaks for Kelli and her family.

The lady organizing the search said she was at the last one too and that if this one finds nothing she will keep doing them every Saturday until something is found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23