UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I most certainly hope family and friends will be able to hold together for what I fear will be a rude awakeing within the next few days in regards to Josh. My prayers are with them.

I feel for them too and it makes me sad.
I’m not sure if they think someone came in and took her
or if they think she just left....
Maybe I'll ask one of them?
I really want to try and understand where they are coming from.

I guess that since most of us follow these type of cases it just seems
like a simple conclusion to us?

I have to wonder if LE has asked Susan's dad and friend to make statements such as don't suspect Josh etc. to lull him into some sense of security so he won't run or whatever else he may think to do.
Both Susan's dad and the friend who set up the FB page made statements early on that things didn't add up and something was really wrong. And they both made statements that didn't outright question Josh's actions, but alluded to those questions. You know her dad was questioning the heck out of him, that is the only reason I can think why Josh would stop taking to the dad.

I have to wonder if LE has asked Susan's dad and friend to make statements such as don't suspect Josh etc. to lull him into some sense of security so he won't run or whatever else he may think to do.
Both Susan's dad and the friend who set up the FB page made statements early on that things didn't add up and something was really wrong. And they both made statements that didn't outright question Josh's actions, but alluded to those questions. You know her dad was questioning the heck out of him, that is the only reason I can think why Josh would stop taking to the dad.

I'm not sure if the police would ask them that.
IMO I think it's more to do with the fact that Josh has been
a good husband/ father and member of the church that they just
can't imagine him doing anything to her.

I wonder if it was common for him to miss church. I didn't realize church was this far away. Why would Susan and the little boys walk home from church in the cold temperatures? I don't know if the youngest was 2 or 1 the reporters can't get that fact straight, but at either age it would take a long time for a bundled up toddler to walk home that far. This is just odd.

Was it because Josh had the car making preparations for whatever happened later?
Did Susan think Josh would pick them up? How did they get to church?

Walking home at least 2 miles in freezing temperatures with 2 young children doesn't make any sense. And why wouldn't anyone offer to take them home?

What was Josh doing during that church time?

I read in comments @ sltribune that last week was conference & no regular services were held (FWIW since I haven't verified)....maybe they walked to a neighbor's house for some kind of meeting & didn't go to the church.

But yeah-- how could he not know it was Sunday if he was at home w/ Susan, the kids & the friend that came over for dinner.....it's also unbelievable that Susan wouldn't have said something like "hope I'm feeling better so I don't miss work tomorrow".

Maybe someone familiar w/ LDS could chime in & tell us what happens when they have conference.

I think he is a liar too, if he said he went camping in the south I bet he went north.

And, who is to say that he went anywhere?

He was/is a realtor, he knows where the vacant houses are. MLS, and stuff... and I read somewhere that he had a generator with him!

Hmm...

The lead investigator was just on FOX News by telephone.

The lead in was they were wrapping up their search for Susan. (I hope they just meant TODAY!)

No signs of forced entry.

Several items taken in SW and being tested. Forensics could take a couple of weeks.

Friends and neighbors said it WAS UNUSUAL for Josh to go arbitrarily, late at night with the boys camping in freezing weather.

It HAS entered into the Dad's mind that (josh?) harm has come to Susan.

Police are (AGAIN) trying to set-up a SECOND meeting with Josh to question him about the time period that Susan disappeared. (remember, he already stood-up LE with an appointment at HQ's on Friday).

I have a couple of things to add to my list. I'm sure Susan's dad won't mind. ;)

JMHO
fran

Texas Mist, the address for the Powells is 6254 Sarah Circle.

Did anyone else notice what comes up under their address? Yet ANOTHER company Josh has... and a pretty crappy website if you ask me.

http://www.polishedmarketing.com/

6254 Sarah Cir. West Valley, UT 84128-7069. www.PolishedMarketing.com. January 2004. Mr. Josh Powell, Owner. Limited Liability Company. February ..."‎

http://www.bbb.org/utah/business-re...polished-marketing-in-west-valley-ut-22011281

I read in comments @ sltribune that last week was conference & no regular services were held (FWIW since I haven't verified)....maybe they walked to a neighbor's house for some kind of meeting & didn't go to the church.

But yeah-- how could he not know it was Sunday if he was at home w/ Susan, the kids & the friend that came over for dinner.....it's also unbelievable that Susan wouldn't have said something like "hope I'm feeling better so I don't miss work tomorrow".

Maybe someone familiar w/ LDS could chime in & tell us what happens when they have conference.

It’ wasn’t the LDS church conference but it may have been their stake
conference. The quote I saw was from the person who walked home from
“church” with her.
If it was conference then IMO she would have said they walked
home from conference and not church.
When we have conference it is held in a conference center not in someone’s house.
Also… not sure how close their church was to their house but my guess is if
they walked it was closer than 2-4 miles.
Churches are built all the time and so theirs might not have shown up on
google etc.
I don’t see them walking if it wasn’t within a block with the young kids and
how cold it was!
JMO

Did anyone else notice what comes up under their address? Yet ANOTHER company Josh has... and a pretty crappy website if you ask me.

http://www.polishedmarketing.com/

6254 Sarah Cir. West Valley, UT 84128-7069. www.PolishedMarketing.com. January 2004. Mr. Josh Powell, Owner. Limited Liability Company. February ..."‎

http://www.bbb.org/utah/business-re...polished-marketing-in-west-valley-ut-22011281
----
And if the dad did this.... then where is the Help Find Missing Susan website? With news links and search information and vigils scheduled and forums and pictures?
Odd.

The lead investigator was just on FOX News by telephone.

The lead in was they were wrapping up their search for Susan. (I hope they just meant TODAY!)

No signs of forced entry.

Several items taken in SW and being tested. Forensics could take a couple of weeks.

Friends and neighbors said it WAS UNUSUAL for Josh to go arbitrarily, late at night with the boys camping in freezing weather.

It HAS entered into the Dad's mind that (josh?) harm has come to Susan.

Police are (AGAIN) trying to set-up a SECOND meeting with Josh to question him about the time period that Susan disappeared. (remember, he already stood-up LE with an appointment at HQ's on Friday).

I have a couple of things to add to my list. I'm sure Susan's dad won't mind. ;)

JMHO
fran

Josh.Josh.Josh. You can run, but you can't hide. For long.
IMO.

snip
But yeah-- how could he not know it was Sunday if he was at home w/ Susan, the kids & the friend that came over for dinner.....
Something that just hit me when I re read this....
We have "fast Sunday" which is usually the first Sunday of the month.
Unless his ward did something out of the ordinary then IMO that Sunday
they would have been fasting....
You usually break the fast with dinner.
So I agree.... he knew it was Sunday!
JMO

I agree with you on that one. Whereever he was driving around with the children, they would need to go to the restroom, he would probably have to change a diaper (one of the children was pretty young), feed them, maybe buy gas. Hopefully, someone will come forward who saw them.

If he paid for gas, food, or lodging using his debit/credit card, there will be a record.

If he used his cell, though for now it appears he either turned it off or left it at home, there will be also a record of pings(showing the phone was at home) or calls (even if he was out of range or had it off.)

If he paid for gas, food, or lodging using his debit/credit card, there will be a record.

If he used his cell, though for now it appears he either turned it off or left it at home, there will be also a record of pings or calls, even if he was out of range.

A friend talked to him at 3PM on Sunday when he was driving with the kids so he had a phone. Probably turned it off.

Just a thought...

I wonder how long Josh was out of work (since he was going to start a new job on Monday?)

what had he been doing/contributing?

he had a real estate website...but wasn't selling real estate

he had a super "home -made" looking "marketing" website that proposed it would help companies develop an "image"...when the website itself looks like a teen made it in 1998

Tensions rise when changes occur....maybe Josh didn't want to start his new "real" job?? Maybe his wife put out some ultimatums?

I'm just so pizzed I haven't even been able to post here! GDI! This idiot's story has to be the worst one yet.

No doubt LE is checking where Josh's cell phone pinged when he was "camping." I just have a gut feeling Susan is closer to home than he wants them to believe.

Things are mounting up.............anyone else?

:(
fran

1. Husband not the one who reported victim missing.

2. Husband had 'odd' alibi, ie going camping in sub-zero temperartures, late at night, leaving sick wife home alone in bed, and taking two toddlers, pre five yo's into the freezing winter night.

3. Change of story details, here and there or becoming evasive.

4. Avoiding media contact.

5. Avoiding media questions, ie "Is that where you went camping?" to which he replies, "I have to pick up my boys." :mad:

6. Avoids wife-victim's family.

7. Stops talking to LE

8. Concerned with 'his house.'

9. Speaks of victim in 'past-tense.'

10. Speaks of 'buying new clothes and comforter.'

11. Unexplained 'wet spot' in carpeting and 'fans being used to dry.'

12. Gradual release of 'friends and family' speaking of marital problems.

13. Alleged from 'friends' of husband having control issues, which included control of wife ie victim.

14. Alleged from 'friends' of 'verbal abuse' by husband of victim.

15. Alleged statement by one of the children (ok, possibly rumor) "Daddy said mommy stayed in the woods for awhile."

16. Spoke to neighbor about 'hope his bird isn't dead' but didn't talk about his missing wife.

17. Testing generator late at night on camping trip

18. Sledding in the dark?

19. Near frost bitten hands.

20. Just the sheer distance of the alleged camp site (3 or 4 hours drive)

21. NOT one sign of husband camping where he said he was.

22. Just plain talking about 'himself,' rather than his missing wife!!!!!!!!

23. No sign of forced entry of home.

24. Friends and neighbors said it was unusual for Josh to suddenly go camping late at night with the children in the freezing weather.

*Blue are added as the case developes and Websleuthers mention them

REASONS NOT TO LOOK TOWARDS HUSBAND

1. Josh said he didn't harm Susan.

2. Susan's dad said to stop looking at husband, he didn't harm his daughter.

Just a thought...

I wonder how long Josh was out of work (since he was going to start a new job on Monday?)

what had he been doing/contributing?

he had a real estate website...but wasn't selling real estate

he had a super "home -made" looking "marketing" website that proposed it would help companies develop an "image"...when the website itself looks like a teen made it in 1998

Tensions rise when changes occur....maybe Josh didn't want to start his new "real" job?? Maybe his wife put out some ultimatums?

I was surprised I heard on NG's show Josh was about to start a new job -- mainly because I'd read this

<snip>

3:16pm - Fri Dec 11th, 2009

I personally work with Josh right now. He works for a distribution company in Salt Lake City in the IT department.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=8997206&comments=true

There's times that I believe postings on websites over what NG's show announces, because too often they don't get the facts right. JMOOOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam