Mary Kennedy 52 found dead Estranged from Robert F Kennedy

She had an affair with him while he was married to his first wife; why is she now a saint?

How do you 'gaslight' someone who has mental issues? When you are dealing with a spouse who has alcohol, drug and/or mental issues, you can only ride the crazy train for so long and then you have to detach.What happened to this woman is tragic, she had serious issues and took her life because of them. There is no conspiracy, there is no 'smoking gun', in the end it is just a tragedy. I am surprised, in her own family, that there was no one there to help her. How do you not know one of your siblings is suicidal? I think that Kennedy stepped up, for the sake of their children, and got them through the day. Perhaps what he did was what the children wanted. She was buried in the place that, presumable, her children will be buried. This is not about a family 'dynasty', this is about a troubled woman who could not go on.

I would not be surprised if the first Mrs. K was 'humiliated' because her divorce
was finalized when the second Mrs. K was six months pregnant.
Mary Kennedy,had been sober for the last five months. RFK Jr knew ,by
hammering her with legal notices he was exacerbating her anxiety and snatching away her last
hope,custody of their four children. Rather, than put a floor underneath and supporting her recovery ...up to the end...he was serving her with legal notices. *There is a famous quote by Roman philosopher Ciero ,which I will paraphrase ,"To the
sick,while there is life there is hope If RFK Jr would have simply backed off the custody issue.....just left Mary a tiny bit of hope.(time to heal)...I believe she would be alive. MOO

I'm sure her family receives NO comfort, knowing that Mary was buried so near Sargent and Eunice. Not that they weren't good ppl...the Shrivers were indeed, imo...but they are not her blood kin, at the very least.

I'm equally sure that one who claims a person in death when same person did not serve the departed in life will pay a toll.

Not naming names, just saying.

Pitiful, the whole thing!

~jmo~

She might have followed through with the divorce, had she not wished to remain married. Still, she knew he was a cad at the beginning.

Mary Kennedy's life celebrated at memorial

Sources said the dispute over Mary's remains was resolved after both sides let the Kennedy’s children decide their mom’s final resting place.

Mary’s relatives did not invite Robert Kennedy to the gathering at the Standard.Hotel which is located in the meatpacking district.

Mary’s four kids also weren’t at the Manhattan service.

Instead, said a family friend, Conor, 18, Kyra, 17, Finn, 15 and Aiden, 11, were headed to Florida with their father.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/mary_kennedy_mourned_at_memorial_lyagkd2p2OxqtQzhioLjYL

Was Mary’s body transported to the Medical Examiner’s office right after police found her body in the barn? A report said Robert showed up at his house around 8 pm so I guess after police notified him about his wife’s death around 1:36 pm, Robert had to go and identify her body. One report said Robert was living nearby with 2 children.

Mary Kennedy Autopsy Completed

Mary Kennedy hanged herself in a garage at the Kennedys' home on South Bedford Road in Bedford Wednesday sources said. The New York Daily News reported that her body was found by a housekeeper.

Bedford town police said they found "a deceased individual" inside an outbuilding at 1:36 p.m.

The Post said RFK Jr. showed up at the home, which he did not share with his wife, at around 8 p.m. on Wednesday, more than six hours after her body was discovered.

The couple’s two youngest children the source said were staying nearby with their father.

In May 2010, police were called to the Kennedys' home for a reported domestic dispute involving the couple's children. Mary Kennedy and Robert Kennedy Jr.'s children are between the ages of 9 and 16.

The Daily News said Mary went into rehab last February.

Locals in Mount Kisco said Mary had not found new romance after the couple had gone their separate ways.

Robert Kennedy Jr., a Harvard grad, worked briefly as a New York City prosecutor before writing several books, including the 2004 bestseller "Crimes Against Nature."

For the past year, actress Cheryl Hines has been romantically linked to him. She regularly has sent her fans tweets with photos of them attending events, such as the recent Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights fundraiser and the convention of the Waterkeeper Alliance, an organization that he founded to protect rivers and coastal lines around the world.

Hines currently plays suburban trophy wife Dallas Royce on the ABC show "Suburgatory." She has been tweeting recently about being on location for "Pasadena."

According to an earlier tweet, she had taken Robert Kennedy Jr.'s aspiring actress daughter Kick Kennedy around Hollywood in hopes of opening some doors.

http://www.newsday.com/opinion/mary-kennedy-autopsy-completed-1.3722174
http://www.newsmax.com/US/Mary-Kennedy-dead-RFK/2012/05/16/id/439333

Mary Kennedy,had been sober for the last five months. RFK Jr knew ,by
hammering her with legal notices he was exacerbating her anxiety and snatching away her last
hope,custody of their four children. Rather, than put a floor underneath and supporting her recovery ...up to the end...he was serving her with legal notices. *There is a famous quote by Roman philosopher Ciero ,which I will paraphrase ,"To the
sick,while there is life there is hope If RFK Jr would have simply backed off the custody issue.....just left Mary a tiny bit of hope.(time to heal)...I believe she would be alive. MOO

What if the children wanted to be with him? She rang up inexorable debt with credit cards and was acting irrational, as per people living near her. The bottom line is she got involved with a married man, she was six months pregnant when he divorced his wife and thought it would never happen to her. It did. Her behavior seems to have prompted the custody battle; she had a history of alcohol/mental issues that was not helping her. That quote would be 'You reap what you sow'.

She might have followed through with the divorce, had she not wished to remain married. Still, she knew he was a cad at the beginning.

BBM

What she did to someone else, was done to her. The second wife never thinks it will happen to them. Mary was pregnant when his divorce was finalized, that had to be difficult for the first Mrs. Kennedy but apparently didn't phase Mary. What happened to her was tragic but it didn't happen in a vacuum.

Welcome to WebSleuths Darly314 :wagon:

I understand what you're saying. Believe me, I was cheated on (blatantly) while I was pregnant with my second child. I have no sympathy when the "other" woman is humiliated by her adulterous lover cheating on her.

BUT, this woman was mentally ill. He had to know that she wasn't able to handle so many things coming at her at once...increasing debt (which was most likely incurred because of her mental illness), losing her home and most importantly her children. I can't help but wonder if he knew this and saw it as an easy way (the constant court battles) to get rid of the "problem" and move on with his new life with Cheryl Hines.

JMO

I understand what you're saying. Believe me, I was cheated on (blatantly) while I was pregnant with my second child. I have no sympathy when the "other" woman is humiliated by her adulterous lover cheating on her.

BUT, this woman was mentally ill. He had to know that she wasn't able to handle so many things coming at her at once...increasing debt (which was most likely incurred because of her mental illness), losing her home and most importantly her children. I can't help but wonder if he knew this and saw it as an easy way (the constant court battles) to get rid of the "problem" and move on with his new life with Cheryl Hines.

JMO

From media accounts, he tried to help her. Before they separated, he was taking her to the hospital and she jumped out of the car and started running away. We don't know all of the details but, when someone is an alcoholic, at some point you have to draw a line. The court battles were for custody, with her history perhaps he was keeping his children safe and away from her. Alcoholics are impossible people to live with and the financial cost can be astronomical. I've been there, dealing with a both alcohol and drug addicted person. You have to walk away and you have to protect those who are caught up in the chaos. R. Kennedy is no saint but I think there were 2 people in this equation. He had to get a restraining order against Mary. What was she doing to cause that?

Like you, I agree that she is the other woman. I have no sympathy for her indignation; it is 'shoe on the other foot'.

It is a tragedy that she took her life but, again, I have to wonder where her family was.

No one has mentioned that Mary's family want the children and the mansion.

My question is why? Neither RFK JR or the children are dead. Why should her family get either? I have seen nothing printed about RFK being a bad father or the children complaining. I just found that quite odd about her family and I think the funeral arrangements had something to do with that.

The Farm, I agree. The father should have custody of the children since their mother is dead.

Jacie Estes, I also dealt with a cheating, drug addicted, alcoholic husband. In order to keep custody of my children we had to leave him. I lost everything, my home, my car, my IRA, EVERYTHING. I do know that if my husband had been able to try to get custody it would have put me over the edge.

How do we know that her husband tried to get help for her. Are we just going by his word or are there records of his calling to have her admitted to rehab. I'm not saying he didn't do these things...just curious.

I guess all this is a moot point. She's dead; she's buried where her children will most likely be able to visit her grave if they care to. It's all about them and what's best for them now.

Hanging oneself doesn't cause a bloody mess like shooting or cutting yourself with a knife would. She could have taken a drug overdose but I guess if you take a drug overdose there is always a chance you might wake up so she hung herself instead. jmo

Hanging is pretty messy especially when the body isn't discovered for a while. Gravity causes the bowels/bladder to void plus the neck will stretch after a while. Not a pleasant nor dignified scene.

Drugs are very effective with a plastic bag. Anyone that OD's on drugs without a bag is either high/stupid or "crying out for help".

Hanging is pretty messy especially when the body isn't discovered for a while. Gravity causes the bowels/bladder to void plus the neck will stretch after a while. Not a pleasant nor dignified scene.

Drugs are very effective with a plastic bag. Anyone that OD's on drugs without a bag is either high/stupid or "crying out for help".

I hope we hear the results of Mary's toxicology tests. Apparently they won't be back for months! I hope her death is being investigated.

I wonder how long Mary had been dead before the housekeeper discovered her in the Barn Wednesday afternoon. Did she sleep in her bed Tuesday night? A neighboring community on Cape Code is called BarnStable.

Robert said Mary phoned him on Tuesday and I think he knew what she was about to do. I thought Robert was living in LA when Mary killed herself but he is reportedly living nearby and Conor attends a high school in Bedford.

I wonder if Robert and his children will move back into the family house?

It seems Mary attended her Wake on Friday evening because there are media reports stating she almost missed it.

Mary's coffin remained closed during her funeral service and it rested in an aisle close to her children and I think it was closed to cover the discoloration on her neck. I also think it would have been too painful for the family to have it open.

Mary and Robert weren’t allowed to marry in the "Kennedy Church" because Robert was divorced so in the eyes of the Catholic Church they were not joined by God and therefore their wedding vows were meaningless.

Robert and Mary were married in a civil ceremony so it's possible the Catholic Church did not allow them to have their children christened after they were cast out from the Garden of Eden.

Living in a marriage cursed by the Catholic Church would be a living hell and this was the state the couple's marriage was in for 16 years.

She feared "losing" her children so much she killed herself in a very gruesome, obvious manner. Not an ideal mother; as for her husband, he made have heard so many suicide threats, this just seemed like another. I have been through this with a friend, years ago. Nothing will stop someone intent on suicide, I believe.

To do this to her children, she must have had mental health problems no one person could help. Her husband is a rat, but since she had an affair with him while he was married to his first wife, she knew the score. His first wife didn't die from his affair with his second, did she?

Rest In Peace, Mary. :rose: I have compassion for you.

Cheryl Hines said in an interview she didn’t know Mary so I guess she forgot the two had met at the Gala in December 2010.

Ms. Hines claims she met Robert “long after he filed for divorce in 2010” but since she claims she “always admired his chartable causes for the environment” and she didn’t have a significant other with her at the Gala, maybe their affair began before Robert asked Mary for a divorce and they won’t admit it because once again Robert would be guilty of committing adultery during marriage.

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2012/0...nes-girlfriend-devastated-mary-kennedy-death/

Mary and Robert weren’t allowed to marry in the "Kennedy Church" because Robert was divorced so in the eyes of the Catholic Church they were not joined by God and therefore their wedding vows were meaningless.

Robert and Mary were married in a civil ceremony so it's possible the Catholic Church did not allow them to have their children christened after they were cast out from the Garden of Eden.

Living in a marriage cursed by the Catholic Church would be a living hell and this was the state the couple's marriage was in for 16 years.

I'm not Catholic or Christian, I'm Traditional American Indian. That said, I'm not understanding what I bolded. Does the church say the marriage is cursed or that they will go to hell for being married? Sorry but I honestly don't know, thanks for explaining.

Jacie Estes, I'm not Catholic but I am Christian. My ex-husband was Catholic. From what I understand the Catholic church doesn't "recognize" a subsequent marriage after one has been married before unless it has been annulled by the church.

My ex-'s mistress used that as a defense while having an affair with my husband...he never had his first marriage annulled therefore he wasn't really married to his second wife (me) so it wasn't adultery. The lengths some people go to in order to justify their actions LOL.

Someone posted that "the first wife didn't kill herself". No she didn't, and most likely didn't have the mental illness that Mary had. One thing I've learned is never marry someone or get into a relationship with someone thinking they will change. Did Robert know of Mary's mental illness when he was having an affair with her, when they got pregnant, when he married her?

I also agree with the poster that when someone is intent on committing suicide there really isn't anything you can do. Yes, you can have them committed to a mental facility and it will keep them from dying THEN, but it will happen eventually.

My father talked of suicide from my earliest memories. Mom hid the bullets to his gun when we were little. My father committed suicide at the age of 75. Depression is a horrible illness and maybe that's why I feel sympathy for Mary.

Jacie Estes, I'm not Catholic but I am Christian. My ex-husband was Catholic. From what I understand the Catholic church doesn't "recognize" a subsequent marriage after one has been married before unless it has been annulled by the church.

My ex-'s mistress used that as a defense while having an affair with my husband...he never had his first marriage annulled therefore he wasn't really married to his second wife (me) so it wasn't adultery. The lengths some people go to in order to justify their actions LOL.

Someone posted that "the first wife didn't kill herself". No she didn't, and most likely didn't have the mental illness that Mary had. One thing I've learned is never marry someone or get into a relationship with someone thinking they will change. Did Robert know of Mary's mental illness when he was having an affair with her, when they got pregnant, when he married her?

I also agree with the poster that when someone is intent on committing suicide there really isn't anything you can do. Yes, you can have them committed to a mental facility and it will keep them from dying THEN, but it will happen eventually.

My father talked of suicide from my earliest memories. Mom hid the bullets to his gun when we were little. My father committed suicide at the age of 75. Depression is a horrible illness and maybe that's why I feel sympathy for Mary.

Thanks, lizzybeth. I was confused by that. Aren't you so glad he is an 'ex'? I think it is always good to move forward and when I use the term ex to describe mine, it is with a note of finite. :)

I agree that you should never enter into any relationship thinking the person has to/will change, they won't.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, my brother was the same. When he finally did it, he was terminally ill, it didn't ease the pain but I did understand a bit more easily. I feel badly for Mary's children, they will always carry a burden, they will wonder what they did. :sigh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back