GUILTY FL - Infant, 1 day, Sanford, 28 March 2008 - Abducted from Hospital

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
They are discussing the story now on Headline News and I haven't seen anything else on it yet. They have two women who are POIs.

Yes. I don't know why they only put a BOLO out and did not do an Amber Alert tho. However, it looks like it might be resolved. Thank Goodness!

Great news!! The baby is being returned to the hospital right now!! They just walked in and so everything seems fine!! Woohoo!!! A happy ending!!!

Now, they need to throw the book at the low lifes that stole him. (I am sure they will!)

Great news!! The baby is being returned to the hospital right now!! They just walked in and so everything seems fine!! Woohoo!!! A happy ending!!!

Now, they need to throw the book at the low lifes that stole him. (I am sure they will!)

Man you are quick, SS. "No flies on you, lady". LOL That's wonderful news. Now how does this still happen that somebody can just waltz in a hospital and abduct a newborn?

I bet she was either going to sell him or give him to someone to claim him as their own. Maybe a daughter or family member.
So sad! I hope we get to hear the resoning behind this horrible deed.

From May 2008:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...p06_1_jennifer-latham-maternity-ward-baby-boy

Two months before a woman kidnapped a 1-day-old infant from a Sanford hospital, she swore under oath in a child-support hearing that she was 7 1/2 months pregnant. "And when are you set to deliver?" asked her attorney, Lindsay Oyewale. "March 18," said 39-year-old Jennifer Latham of Sanford.

It was March 28 -- 10 days after that "due" date -- that a woman, posing as a nurse, abducted the newborn from Central Florida Regional Hospital... [W]hen the mother awoke, the suspect, dressed in nurse's scrubs, convinced her she was taking the baby boy for an eye exam. Moments later, the suspect walked out of the maternity ward, the baby concealed in a duffel bag, police said.

A Lake Mary police officer stopped Latham's Chevy Blazer on Interstate 4 about an hour later. She told him the baby was hers, but police quickly determined the tiny boy belonged to a hospital patient, a 36-year-old Sanford woman, and returned him.

From April 2009:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/0...nce-for-kidnapping-newborn-from-hospital.html

A Florida woman who pleaded guilty to kidnapping a 1-day-old newborn from a hospital maternity ward was sentenced to 30 years behind bars Wednesday...

Jennifer Latham, 40, did not testify Wednesday, but apologized to Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson, claiming that she suffers from clinical depression and anxiety and needs help...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back