GA - John Arnett, 27, sex offender, strangled in prison, 22 Jan 2010

noZme

Reaction score
Honor among thieves?

John Arnett, who was convicted of child molestation in 2 Georgia counties, was found in his cell last Thursday. The cause of death was manual strangulation. Arnett's sentence began last July, according to the Georgia Department of Corrections. An inmate already serving time for a previous murder conviction has been accused in Arnett's death.

http://www.ajc.com/news/convicted-child-molester-strangled-284149.html

Honor among thieves?

John Arnett, who was convicted of child molestation in 2 Georgia counties, was found in his cell last Thursday. The cause of death was manual strangulation. Arnett's sentence began last July, according to the Georgia Department of Corrections. An inmate already serving time for a previous murder conviction has been accused in Arnett's death.

http://www.ajc.com/news/convicted-child-molester-strangled-284149.html

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
another one bites the dust.............
can we transfer his killer to el doroo county california?
there's a guy who talks to god thru a box i'd like him to meet........

Heh, take that Supreme Court.

Our courts can't put them to death, I'm sure there will always be other inmates happy to take up that slack.

Thank you Mr. Convicted Murderer for using your powers for good.

The boogeyman may come after all of us; the dead guy is someone's son, brother or whatever & they are most likely grieving. I'm sure we all regret their pain.

However..... being informed about sex criminals, perverts & the lot, we know they cannot be "fixed" & are oh so pleased when one is actually off the streets. Far too many are allowed to plead down, remain among us & offend again. GRRRRR! Children's lives are damaged forever & that is uncompromisable.

Not really proud to say, but I agree with the group... good riddance. I am never pleased to have my tax $$$$ spent to feed, house & make comfy those who cannot conform to society. Bring back the chain gang! We can all work for stricter laws to confine the bad guys.

Justifiable Homicide??? Wonder if Rogers now has a fan club...

Must be the water in Valdosta! This county is next to mine!
I wish they would drink more of it over there!

I too have sympathy only for the family of the convict killed - but no way for the convict himself. We have so many homeless children who need clothes, food,etc. If it were up to me I would put inmates to work by building factories into the prisons, farms on the prison grounds, etc. We could clothe and feed the homeless while making these convicts productive for the rest of their lives. JMHO

can we transfer his killer to el doroo county california?
there's a guy who talks to god thru a box i'd like him to meet........
You actually want him to kill someone who appears to be suffering from psychological delusions?

See, that's the danger of sanctioned murder. A pedophile is killed and most of us will quite naturally breathe a sigh of relief that yet another predator is off our streets. But where does it stop? Oh, this person or that is really weird and creepy, or rather, they don't fit my world view. So, it's okay to kill them.

Our society would do well to not only learn its history but know it well so we do not repeat it. One such historical fact is a country who started out on just such premises. The end result was a stain on humanity that will never wash off. Am not saying that we (as in the U.S.) are there yet.

Though, some might argue that point with places like Gitmo, and the BSCT teams. That, and that we're already one of only two nations that put their teens to death. Same said may then point to things such as the repeated cries for blood that occur not only on forums such as this, but also in the media. And lest we forget, the media circus that has surrounded the Caylee Anthony case.

I dunno. I guess I am still of the opinion that two wrongs do not make a right. And that rationalizing violence only paves the way to more violence.

But hey, that's just me.

You actually want him to kill someone who appears to be suffering from psychological delusions?

See, that's the danger of sanctioned murder. A pedophile is killed and most of us will quite naturally breathe a sigh of relief that yet another predator is off our streets. But where does it stop? Oh, this person or that is really weird and creepy, or rather, they don't fit my world view. So, it's okay to kill them.

Our society would do well to not only learn its history but know it well so we do not repeat it. One such historical fact is a country who started out on just such premises. The end result was a stain on humanity that will never wash off. Am not saying that we (as in the U.S.) are there yet.

Though, some might argue that point with places like Gitmo, and the BSCT teams. That, and that we're already one of only two nations that put their teens to death. Same said may then point to things such as the repeated cries for blood that occur not only on forums such as this, but also in the media. And lest we forget, the media circus that has surrounded the Caylee Anthony case.

I dunno. I guess I am still of the opinion that two wrongs do not make a right. And that rationalizing violence only paves the way to more violence.

But hey, that's just me.

i'd sanction murder to protect innocent lives yes. these things that sit in prison with light sentencees just waiting to get out and hurt children again......and again..........and again......why give them the chance?
btw the guy is not suffering from any delusions.....other then the one that he's a great guy.

i'd sanction murder to protect innocent lives yes. these things that sit in prison with light sentencees just waiting to get out and hurt children again......and again..........and again......why give them the chance?
btw the guy is not suffering from any delusions.....other then the one that he's a great guy.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

well i guess we're all a bunch of monsters here cause im hardly the only one who feels this way.

I agree. We are only as good as our worst thought or deed. If we wish evil on others despite how horrible we think they are, we have become the monster we accuse someone else of being. We know nothing of the conviction against JA. I've looked but can't find anything on him. One article said that his killer was also a sex offender.

I admit it, I'm a monster.

I also fully believe that those that fully open themselves to the abyss, such as child predators, will be consumed by it. That's what happened in this guy's case. He allowed the abyss into his soul and he was killed by one of his own, so to speak; another person that had fallen into the abyss.

It may not be right, but it sure is poetic.

well i guess we're all a bunch of monsters here cause im hardly the only one who feels this way.
I don't know what "this way" is. I was responding to your desire to have the killer come over and murder someone who "talks to god thru a box." Now, if the guy actually harmed someone, then why not focus upon that as opposed to his mental issues? Otherwise put, all your comment does is to perpetuate a myth that anyone who has mental issues are a danger to society. If you still do not "get it" at this point, then there is not anything more that I can say. *shrugs*

AGGRAV CHILD MOLESTATION
MOST RECENT INSTITUTION: VALDOSTA STATE PRISON
MAX POSSIBLE RELEASE DATE: 09/23/2023 Important Release Information
TENTATIVE PAROLE MONTH: N/A
ACTUAL RELEASE DATE: CURRENTLY SERVING
CURRENT STATUS: ACTIVE
KNOWN ALIASES

A.K.A. ARNETT,JOHN HENRY
STATE OF GEORGIA - CURRENT SENTENCES

CASE NO: 668909
OFFENSE: CHILD MOLESTATION
CONVICTION COUNTY: BARTOW COUNTY