CA CA - Speed Freak Killers (Shermantine talks; Herzog commits suicide)

As more and more piles of debris and human remains are pulled to the surface from an old well in San Joaquin County, authorities revealed there may be another site holding the remains of victims of the "Speed Freak Killers."
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...other-search-site-may-hold-human-remains.html

The video is very much worth watching both because of the view of the search area (very extensive) and because of the interviews with the wives.

This article repeats much of what's been posted already, but this little snippet warms my heart...

Quote: As for the mood on the dig site, Garcia said the investigators -- some of whom have been on all three locations involved -- are "so committed that at the end of the day, we need to tell them to go get rest, because they don't want to quit."

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/30464899/detail.html#ixzz1mUkdOj7h

Also, I have to say that I'm finally grateful for this dry winter around here... the conditions are usually sodden, with heavily compacted soil, and cold dense tule fog at his time of year. This high and dry stuff is ideal for these recoveries-- anything that makes this work easier for these investigators is Aok with me.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but whose property is this on? Is it a family member or something.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but whose property is this on? Is it a family member or something.

I know where they they found the two skulls was on Sheramtine property. The wells I think are on private property not owned or never owned bt either one of them.

She was 13, only a few years younger than Chevy Wheeler, and was taken near Hayward only two months after Michaela Garecht was abducted. I would personally add her to the list of potential victims.

She was 13, only a few years younger than Chevy Wheeler, and was taken near Hayward only two months after Michaela Garecht was abducted. I would personally add her to the list of potential victims.
Possible- she was actually abducted from Dublin ( about 15-20 miles from Hayward), but I think James Davvegio & Michelle Michaud are more likely suspects in her case, but I'd welcome any news on her.

She was the ice skater correct?

She was the ice skater correct?
Yes, she was abducted walking home from her Middle School, then she was going to go to her Ice Skating lessons.

What is huge? There are a few of us here that think when all is said and done . There will be over 20 missing cases solved.

I hope there will be closure for all that he harmed, I worry though that he hasn't given up all the info yet and that there are more sites and he is just bartering with it all.

I hope there will be closure for all that he harmed, I worry though that he hasn't given up all the info yet and that there are more sites and he is just bartering with it all.

Be honest with you. I told think so I think he is giving everything up slow and for no more money. Read today he is already getting death threats in prison for doing what he from his death row companions. He knows he has nothing to gain know,

Has anyone checked this out on a map? The wells in Linden are visible from google maps and you can see them from the street view. How did they not get caught?

Were talking the time frame of the mid 80 s 1990's . And proably late at night and not many lights I will bet.

Were talking the time frame of the mid 80 s 1990's . And proably late at night and not many lights I will bet.
Yes, Google Maps didn't exist 30 years ago, and LE probably didn't have a clue where to begin to search back then.

That really wasn't my point at all, sorry. I was just assuming that the burials would have all been at the back of a property away from the road. Not next to it where anyone driving by could see. Granted the dumps were probably all done at night, but still seems super risky, although it obviously wasn't. They weren't discovered.

That really wasn't my point at all, sorry. I was just assuming that the burials would have all been at the back of a property away from the road. Not next to it where anyone driving by could see. Granted the dumps were probably all done at night, but still seems super risky, although it obviously wasn't. They weren't discovered.

No problem back then all those roads were mostly 2 lane roads with no lights on them. That area was and still is mostly country .

No problem back then all those roads were mostly 2 lane roads with no lights on them. That area was and still is mostly country .

It's obviously a rural area with no lights. I grew up in very rural KS, so I understand rural. ;) I just was surprised it was next to the road where passersby might stop and inquire as to their goings on. Not to mention the Linden dig site is directly in front of a house. Possibly it was abandoned or vacant during their dumps there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back