2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK- about 19.00 into this video JB is trying to slap HHJP across the face. He tries to dictate to HHJP what they will or won't do as far as evidence from Dr Furton.
He is being petulant, accusing HHJP of siding with JA all the time.
The look on HHJP's face at 19:02 is priceless. He is amazed at JB's arrogance.
I would not want to be in JB shoes at the end of this trial...
http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/interactive.html

That was priceless. I also like Jose's jazz hands when he says there's nothing secret going on.

JVM stated she rode down in the elevator with Jeff Ashton after the testimony by Cindy that she had done the computer searches.

She apparently asked him if he was surprised and JA responded YES and then said something along the lines of how he couldn't believe the tenacity of the DT.

I need to go back and listen to it again but wanted to add......"tenacity" is a very nice way of putting it. JA has class in my book.

JB would do well to take some lessons from his nemesis.....it could help him in the long run.

If a plea deal is offered by the state to a defendant does it have to be in open court or is it just between state and defense?

I have heard a lot of pleas in open court,but I don't know about the ST of FL

If there is another dp qualified attorney on board (and another WSer has assured me that there is), I don't see why not.

JMO

I thought I read that the other DP atty is only qualified in mitigation phase...could be wrong...and if this was the reason, why not just continue today, anyway?

I didn't hear it according to posters last night he made some comments on a show. If anyone has a link please provide it.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/06/24/exclusive-geraldo-on-his-lunch-with-casey-anthonys-defense-attorney-details-her-courtroom-demeanor/#more-70965

At lunch at a restaurant across from the courthouse, I had a friendly chat with Judge Belvin Perry, telling him about my sailboat race to Bermuda and that all anyone there wanted to talk about was Casey Anthony. He laughed and shook my hand and told me he was glad to see me in town.

Eh, I don't believe the jurors were talking. Maybe they saw something funny? Like a picture of the hawk attacking JB?

I don't either, but there's always that possibility. I was merely saying that it has happened before, and probably will again.

For the record, I don't think it has anything at all to do with a plea, nor do I think Mr. Mason is wanting out, when it's so close to winding down. I think this has to do with the witness not being allowed to testify today. However, I don't really believe Ashton would knowingly commit any misconduct, but it could be that the DT believes he did not let them know at the proper time, and this has to be cleared up. I may not be in love with Ashton, but I don't think he is stupid, he's actually pretty sharp, I just don't like his personality. So shoot me.

Thankx grandma - I missed that last night - so Geraldo said he actually spoke with HHJP? When and where did this happen? Did it happen at all? I'm not buying it - HHJP knows better than to talk to ANY media - much less Geraldo (who is quite recognizable - KWIM).

Now, Geraldo may have spoken to HHJP in previous times - years ago? Months ago? About another trial - possibly? But Geraldo speaking to HHJP since this trial has been going on? Nope - not a chance.

JMHO

I think Geraldo probably met the Judge in the parking lot as he was getting into his mac truck and Geraldo said "Hi, how's it going, Judge?" and HHJP said - "buzz off Geraldo".

I'm pretty sure Geraldo would consider this a convo....

Full interview for Geraldo - that Judge said - None of your business thanks how are you?

That's my take on the Geraldo article.

I have to say how impressed I am with Lisabeth Fryer. I think HHJP is impressed as well from a comment he made during jury selection.

IMO...this case has provided Ms. Fryer with a "Baptism by fire"!

I see a long and very successful career in Ms. Fryer's future. I can only hope that once this trial ends that she distance herself as far as possible from the entire "cast".

If any counsel wrote a book....hers I would read!!!

I don't either, but there's always that possibility. I was merely saying that it has happened before, and probably will again.

For the record, I don't think it has anything at all to do with a plea, nor do I think Mr. Mason is wanting out, when it's so close to winding down. I think this has to do with the witness not being allowed to testify today. However, I don't really believe Ashton would knowingly commit any misconduct, but it could be that the DT believes he did not let them know at the proper time, and this has to be cleared up. I may not be in love with Ashton, but I don't think he is stupid, he's actually pretty sharp, I just don't like his personality. So shoot me.

But there were lots of other witnesses waiting...I just don't see losing an entire day at this point over one witness issue unless it was an issue that could upend the case...

Yesterday CM asked for the court to consider a mistrial. Today CM asks for a sidebar without the jury present. Could a mistrial issue come about because the judge has stated he will deal with a defense contempt of court issue when the trial is over which may appear to CM as a bias issue?

So let me give this straight.....Caylee drowns in family pool and it takes Lee two yrs to realize Caylee is really dead......WTH??? Makes no sense to me at all.

I thought I read that the other DP atty is only qualified in mitigation phase...could be wrong...and if this was the reason, why not just continue today, anyway?

The way I'm understanding all of this is that CM has to be there because he is the only one who is DP qualified. JB only agreed with the understanding the he (JB) would be the LEAD attorney. CM might be threatening to step down as a means to get JB to agree to let him take over the lead. Didn't they all go to CM's office to discuss things? Why CM's office rather than JB's?

What ever it was it has to threaten the whole case or it would have went on as scheduled.

When is hornsby supposed to talk with VinnieP ?

I saw it in a tweet earlier but thought he said 2, guess not

Probably nothing, but the headscarf and dress don't match either. For some reason, that struck me as odd.

LOL maybe baby Caylee dressed herself. The first thing I noticed about this picture was someone is taking a picture of a small child opening a door that goes into a back yard with a swimming pool. WHY would anyone take a picturte like this???? I would think you would use this to teach the child NO! Each time I see this picture through out this thread the second thing I notice is her arm. It looks so long and thin. Not personally knowing baby Caylee I can't tell who this is unless I see her face. I wouldn't put it pass JB to do something sneaky though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.