GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
One open and closed case. I'd like to know how many people called how many times on this same family.

I don't know that this is all but this is what Ferretmommy said...

06-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Verified insider - Elaina Steinfurth case Join Date: Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMAE View Post
Has this 4 yr old ever mentioned a fear of Steven in the past few months?
Yes she has, and when questioned about it, she said it was because "mommy & Steven were fighting".
Also, when I saw her at TJ's on Memorial Day or the 28th, I noticed Elaina had a horizontal cut on the back of her head, about 1.5-2 inchest across, in the healing scab stage. I asked Kylee if she knew what happened, and she said Steven was shaking her, then he dropped her into the bed and she hit her head on something. They took pics of it and were going to turn them in to CSB

06-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Verified insider - Elaina Steinfurth case Join Date: Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrell skye View Post
CSB was brought in 2012, but the case was closed - according to Captain Weis (I think).
Well, I'll tell you in an earlier post I DID call CSB in late Feb and early March again, after I found the address where AS had moved to. IMO, they are partially to blame b/c if they had pulled the girls away from her then, this probably wouldn't have happened.
Also TS Sr. has informed me that a US Marshall out of Indiana is here, and will be doing more investigating in the next few days, I can't say exactly what at this point.

I can understand why everyone wants the landfill searched but in reality would it really help find Elaina? AS and SK apparently were seen leaving the home several times from midnight Saturday throughout the day Sunday. We've heard these trips/errands they went on lasted anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes. Elaina could possibly be in the landfill but what zone, how would they even know where to begin searching?

Would it help Elaina? Well, after all this time (17 days) my thoughts unfortunately have turned to the dark side, I'm sad to say. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think theres' anything that can be done to help Elaina now.
I hate even typing that.
But her father & family needs her to be found. It's that simple.

I couldn't find the link for NG show tonight, but on there they talk about how the landfill is laid out in a grid formation. They can look through the landfills' information grid, find the grid where certain neighborhoods trash has been picked up, then look through that part of the landfill with dogs.

I would hope it's not JK's home boarded up and treated as a crime scene. Just for the simple fact that any lawyer would have a good chance at getting any evidence taken out of the house at this point in time thrown out of court as inadmissible due to "crime scene contamination." In my honest opinion, I think LE really bombed on this case. I think they blew it off initially as a custody dispute and didn't take this case as seriously as they should have.

That boarded up house is not JK's house. It is a place that everyone uses as home base.

This is JK's house: http://wtol.images.worldnow.com/images/22481101_BG4.jpg

SBM, posted by GGE.

If this is true, CPS should be held accountable. But everyone knows CPS can't be held accountable for their lack of action.

yes but as the media put it... -they had thought the issues had "resolved themselves.." now what the?... now HOW exactly would they "resolve themselves" IF CPS didnt step in and make any kind of orders, visits, etc especially when you have so many calls implicating abuse on childeren?? Im sorry, but yes I feel they failed Elaina as well. Very much so.. wouldnt have taken a rocket scientist to figure out whats going on there.. addresses, people involved, area or drugs.. there should have been at least regular contact with this mother I think. Such a beautiful child, and possibly life cut short because of so much negligence, family, neighbours, friends, (?) CPS, possibly drugs and crime. :tantrum:

Please tell me if this is correct:

The police have said that Elaina was injured but they have not described the injury or told us how they know about the injury. We know of the allegation because Angela is being held in jail on charges of child endangerment.

Frank, who shot the "secret video" and appeared as a guest on Nancy Grace's show, said that Angela told him about the injuries which included a black eye, bloody nose and bump on the head. As far as I can recall, Frank is the only person who disclosed this to the public, and all other comments about the alleged injury were made by people who had no direct knowledge.

This is what I'm trying to piece together. Is it right, or am I missing something?

Is Frank (aside from the police) the sole source of information about the injuries?

That boarded up house is not JK's house. It is a place that everyone uses as home base.

This is JK's house: http://wtol.images.worldnow.com/images/22481101_BG4.jpg

I had thought it was the house too, that someone actually came to their senses and condemned it, owner, city, or health board.. then I seen it had far better structure, and went to look for comparison.. and yes, jmo but that house they showed on tv definately appears to be a drug house. -And not pot either, if they were pot growers that place would be clean so not to get dust, dirt, bacteria on seedlings, thered be alot of lights and what not too.. I know, Ive had tenants that were very hard to get rid of who TRIED to make a drug house out of one my apts.. and they werent into pot! It looked almost as bad as this, and that was after 6mths of me evicticting them! This house here takes the cake though boy oh boy! Childeren were living here too? Now seriously, what is wrong with CPS in that city? Not that its thier fault, but it is thier jobs!!

yes but as the media put it... -they had thought the issues had "resolved themselves.." now what the?... now HOW exactly would they "resolve themselves" IF CPS didnt step in and make any kind of orders, visits, etc especially when you have so many calls implicating abuse on childeren?? Im sorry, but yes I feel they failed Elaina as well. Very much so.. wouldnt have taken a rocket scientist to figure out whats going on there.. addresses, people involved, area or drugs.. there should have been at least regular contact with this mother I think. Such a beautiful child, and possibly life cut short because of so much negligence, family, neighbours, friends, (?) CPS, possibly drugs and crime. :tantrum:

I believe that the issue was resolved by Angela lying and saying that she would not have her kids around the King home.

I believe that the issue was resolved by Angela lying and saying that she would not have her kids around the King home.

oh I see! That explains it then. Alls good then.. because ANGELA said so! NOT. Geeze. They should have stipulated theyd be around to check where shed be with the girls or they dont go for the weekend then. Thats how that should have been. But who can say what should have been now, its too late. Like soo many other cases those agencies neglect to follow up on. Probably an important donut meeting sitting around talking about fund raising they would have missed. Cant have that now. These things burn my *ss nowaday
with all these childeren going missing who were very obviously in a bad environment - Tori, Hailey, Lisa, and countless others.. when does it end? When do authorities open ther eyes and not give up for the sake of these kids, and communities step in before the fact? Speak up people if you see this going on, it could be your neighbour next!!

oh I see! That explains it then. Alls good then.. because ANGELA said so! NOT. Geeze. They should have stipulated theyd be around to check where shed be with the girls or they dont go for the weekend then. Thats how that should have been. But who can say what should have been now, its too late. Like soo many other cases those agencies neglect to follow up on. Probably an important donut meeting sitting around talking about fund raising they would have missed. Cant have that now. These things burn my *ss nowaday
with all these childeren going missing who were very obviously in a bad environment - Tori, Hailey, Lisa, and countless others.. when does it end? When do authorities open ther eyes and not give up for the sake of these kids, and communities step in before the fact? Speak up people if you see this going on, it could be your neighbour next!!

I have no doubt that the majority of CPS workers do their job & do it the best of their ability and legal constraints, but so many kids come to mind where it is seemingly obvious that the child should never have either remained in the parent(s) home, or never, ever, been allowed to return to said home.
Lil Gabriel and Breonna come immediately to mind. So many children failed

OT who is Tori?

I think this is horribly unfair. The system isn't perfect but most social workers aren't sitting around eating doughnuts or worrying about fundraising. The majority of the case workers are there because they truly care. Yes, there are bad ones out there and sadly some kids do slip through the cracks but that isn't the norm. Nobody goes into social work to get rich. The money isn't there, the hours suck and there is a shortage of workers because of the pay and long hours which only serves to make both worse.

We have no idea how many calls were made regarding Angela or what the outcome was of those reports. If people were calling to report that Angela was "a little rough" and called the girls inappropriate names while other parents were being reported for much more horrific abuse then it is likely that Elaina slipped down an over growing list of high risk cases. I haven't heard a single person say that they saw this coming or knew Angela was capable of this so I can understand why people were hesitant to react stronger or quicker. In hindsight mistakes were made but that is the beauty of hindsight.

Keep in mind CPS was involved in one of the stages of AS & TJ's breakup. They broke up in November and continued to live together until March when AS moved into the King house. I don't think the King residence had anything to do with anything when it came to CPS. Even if it somehow was an issue, there was plenty of time between March and the week before Elaina came up missing for someone to bring it to CPS's attention that she was staying there with the kids. It takes a village to raise (and protect) a child, not just CPS.

Hindsight is 20/20.

That being said, nobody really thinks that someone they know would mortally injure a baby.

You just don't expect these horrific things to happen.

ETA: Unless you follow these cases like we all do.......

This may have already been discussed, but I didn't see anything while skimming previous posts...
This friend of the brother who was sleeping on the couch and volunteered by AS and SK to watch Elaina while they went to the store, does anyone know who this guy is?

This may have already been discussed, but I didn't see anything while skimming previous posts...
This friend of the brother who was sleeping on the couch and volunteered by AS and SK to watch Elaina while they went to the store, does anyone know who this guy is?

I don't think we are allowed to name him

I don't think we are allowed to name him

Is he allowed to be a topic for discussion even without a name? I'm just curious as to what the odds are that this person may have had something to do with Elaina's disappearance. I know the finger is being pointed at AS due to her actions (and lack of), but I'd hate for something, or someone, to be overlooked that could help find Elaina due to the fact that the focus is on AS.

Can't believe we are on thread 4. I never dreamed it would go on this long. I can't remember who said it earlier but the comparison to the Haleigh Cummings case is dead on. Once again we have a parent (and partner) that won't be getting a Mensa invite in this lifetime yet a beautiful baby has seemingly vanished without a trace with their help. I'm so sick of these useless parents!

Dear Father in Heaven Please Please Please Don't let this be another Haleigh Cummings case. Dear Father Please let Elaina be found.

We humbly thank you.

Gail St. John who was "featured" on NG tonight is the same "psychic" who inserted herself into the Caylee Anthony case. IMO - she is NOT credible and not believable. I would be shocked, absolutely stunned if LE, including the FBI, asked her to help or allowed her or her dogs near the property. Not trusting her, her dogs, or whatever she said tonight. :moo:

Gail St. John who was "featured" on NG tonight is the same "psychic" who inserted herself into the Caylee Anthony case. IMO - she is NOT credible and not believable. I would be shocked, absolutely stunned if LE, including the FBI, asked her to help or allowed her or her dogs near the property. Not trusting her, her dogs, or whatever she said tonight. :moo:

Ditto. Psychics don't exist. I bet her dogs are even embarrassed;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth