TX TX - Patty Vaughan, 32, Wilson County, 25 Dec 1996

Watching this now on Diappeared. Isn't it obvious the husband did it? LE just needs evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched the Disappeared epi and then checked out this thread...is there something I'm missing. MANY people have been arrested and charged on LESS evidence than what the police have now on the husband.
He was the last one to see her
He was upset she started seeing an ex boyfriend
There is blood evidence in the home in several places along with ON A MOP used to clean up the blood in the home!
Blood evidence in van is Patty's even tho the vans carpet was still wet from an attempt to clean it.

I mean, its a circumstantial case without body, but many people have been convicted on circumstantial evidence and this is quite strong as far as I can see. I would imagine that it is the prosecutor? of the county that is unwilling to go to trial with this evidence? WHY? I really don't get why this guy has been free for the last 20 years...unbelievable.

In this article, it states only the blood in the house and on the mop tested to be Patty's. The blood in the van wasn't hers. Patty is #6
10 Unsolved Christmastime Mysteries
http://listverse.com/2014/12/22/10-unsolved-christmastime-mysteries/

The very last sentence of her section...
Years later, DNA testing was performed on items found in Patty’s van. The DNA was determined to be female, but did not belong to Patty Vaughan, adding further intrigue to this unsolved case.

Their source for that is linked to this article: http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksa...gs-in-patty-vaughn-s-1996-disappearance0.html
SAN ANTONIO - New DNA findings in the 1996 Christmas Day disappearance of Patty Vaughan are being reported by the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office, pointing to an unknown female in the victim’s van.
“I was very surprised, didn’t expect that at all,” said Deputy Adrian Ramirez with the BCSO cold case homicide unit.
<snip>
Ramirez said undisclosed items found in the van had been tested before, but the latest DNA science pointed to a female not related to the victim.
He said it was someone “who could have assisted with her disappearance and was in the van at one time.”

18 years now.

Family of Patty Vaughan hopes for answers 19 years after disappearance

Vaughan was last seen on Christmas Day, 1996. To this day, her body has not been found, and no arrests have been made.

Family members have long believed Vaughan's husband, J.R. Vaughan, is responsible for the crime.

"Honestly, we live in the year 2015, and I cannot believe that my niece has been dead for 19 years, and nothing has been done," Kiolbassa said.

Kiolbassa said she and her sister, who is Patty Vaughan's mother, and Patty Vaughan's children have not given up.

They have new hope now that a book about Patty Vaughan's life and the investigation is in the works.

"Hopefully, with this book coming out, it will let people know that Patty is still missing," Kiolbassa said. "We have not found her body yet. We're not giving up on finding her body until she is brought home."

http://www.ksat.com/news/family-of-patty-vaughan-hopes-for-answers-19-years-after-disappearance

I grew up here. My boyfriend in highschool was his neighbor. If you are wondering about our town, it's very small. Very conservative. And poor Patty was basically subject to small town snubbing when she went missing. I think her husband did it but again. Just my opinion.

20 years this week. Still sad. Her Disappeared episode is on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Family of Patty Vaughan still searching for answers 20 years after her disappearance
http://foxsanantonio.com/news/local...-for-answers-20-years-after-her-disappearance

For 20 years, a key suspect in the case was Patty's ex-husband, JR Vaughan. But her family feels it's no longer about pinning blame.

"I don't care," Kiolbassa "I don't care. It's not about that anymore. I wouldn't care if he didn't spend a night in jail." Greiner said that instead, their efforts are focused on bringing Patty home.

Vaughan's family would also like to see her children come home one more time. They've been estranged from their mother's family since their mother's murder in 1996. "If anything, I think her children should come forward and maybe help put some pieces of the puzzle together and I'm a little frustrated that they haven't," Greiner said.

That frustration is growing deep as Patty's mother, Patsy, is also dying of cancer. "She is just barely hanging on and I truly believe that the only thing that keeps that woman alive is the hope that we will find Patty's body and bring her home and give her a decent burial," Kiolbassa. This year, an old lead gave the family new hope: a report of something strange growing in a riverbed. The tip came in near the same location an eyewitness told authorities they saw Patty's car and a man running away. But the clue provided little progress in the case.

Vaughan's family, however, has a strong feeling she's buried in a place they'll never be able to access -- underneath a school in Pleasanton. "(JR) was in charge when the concrete was poured," Greiner said. Kiolbassa said that Patty's estranged husband knew once the school was built, they would never tear it up.

He was the last one to see her

We do not know that

He was upset she started seeing an ex boyfriend
Of course

There is blood evidence in the home in several places along with ON A MOP used to clean up the blood in the home!

I bet there was only very small amount of blood that can not prove someone suffered fatal wound, maybe just a few drops of blood otherwise her husband would have been put on trial long time ago, and I wonder why her husband did not discard the mop

Blood evidence in van is Patty's even tho the vans carpet was still wet from an attempt to clean it.

That could only prove the van may well be used to dispose her body, but did it prove her husband was the killer?

I do agree her husband is the major suspect in this case, but does LE have enough evidence to put him on trial? I guess the answer is no

SAN ANTONIO - New DNA findings in the 1996 Christmas Day disappearance of Patty Vaughan are being reported by the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office, pointing to an unknown female in the victim’s van.
“I was very surprised, didn’t expect that at all,” said Deputy Adrian Ramirez with the BCSO cold case homicide unit.
<snip>
Ramirez said undisclosed items found in the van had been tested before, but the latest DNA science pointed to a female not related to the victim.
He said it was someone “who could have assisted with her disappearance and was in the van at one time.”

First time heard about that, so the blood in the van did not belong to Patty, was there large amount blood? guest not since the detective said it was someone “who could have assisted with her disappearance and was in the van at one time.” , that was a little bit stretch of the logic here, if you found some small amount of blood in a van, it only proves some unknown woman bled in the van, and later tried to clean the blood stain, it does not prove that woman was involved a murder case

I wonder if they could use familial/ancestral DNA to track down the female they found DNA from in the van.

JR's sister was actively making it very difficult for investigators/CSI team while they were searching the house and taking samples. There was a bleach like cleaning agent used, a mop and bucket that was used recently, and supposedly it was used to clean up DNA from the floor. The sister was agitated and yelling at the police, and they hadn't even slapped cuffs on JR. It seems crazy to me that she wasn't looked at harder along with him. Her van had the air let out of the tires. There was a workers uniform found in it with MORE blood. It's all just too coincidental. Call it circumstantial, but someone should have some tips by now.

They only NOW decided to look at that piece of evidence?????? WTH???

Hoppy

So EVERY TIME some poster says "LE must have checked that out of course they did ", I will refer back to this case, sometimes here in Texas I just envision them all sitting around a poker table waiting for cases to solve themselves No offense to good, hardworking, caring LE!

First time heard about that, so the blood in the van did not belong to Patty, was there large amount blood? guest not since the detective said it was someone “who could have assisted with her disappearance and was in the van at one time.” , that was a little bit stretch of the logic here, if you found some small amount of blood in a van, it only proves some unknown woman bled in the van, and later tried to clean the blood stain, it does not prove that woman was involved a murder case
It says DNA from an unknown female not related to Patty. It doesn’t not say blood from another female unrelated to Patty

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back