2011.06.01 SIDEBAR THREAD Trial Day Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm re-watching Cindy testify now. She removed Caylee's favorite doll, which smelled like the car and Caylee's backpack and a pair of Casey's slacks. She wiped the hard parts of the doll with a Clorox wipe, then sprayed the soft parts with Fabreeze. Then sprayed the rest of the car with the Fabreeze as well.

She also removed a stainless steel steaknife which didn't get put on the record. I contend this knife was grabbed by casey to cut the duct tape. The kitchen was close to the garage and dollars to donuts she opened the drawer that day and left it in a haste and forgot to return it.

Mike Brooks on IS discussing "official ownership" of the car....

Long ago I suspected that the "ownership" of the car would become an issue used by the DT. After today's questions about spare keys...I know I was right.

Now Sots, I know you'll remember this - remember the hearing on if the 911 calls were coming in? Baez made a big issue with Cindy over who owned the car - she was basically telling him that she did but he did his usual talk over the witness, badger them enough and they'll say what I want, performance. How fascinating and hilarious that now he doesn't want ICA as the owner of that car.

Oh crap! I just realised what he did.

I remember hearing LA's original statement about how the bags were packed too neatly to have been done by kc....so everytime I see her wearing one of her wrinkled shirts....I keep thinking oh ....validation that LA is right....she doesn't fold clothes...she wads them up.

If KC was busy trying to show TonE what a good little housewife she was.. cooking, cleaning doing the laundry and the shopping.. I can actually see her folding up not only her things but the "guy's" clothing neatly too.. She was trying to impress with her "domestic skills' (amoung other skills. I'm sure..LOL ) :innocent::innocent:
So the neatly packed bag could very well have been done by ICA.

So... someone said footage of the Sunfire was shown with evidence tags on it, driving-- toward the courthouse? Is the jury going so get a load of the stinky car?

I saw it too - I think Lee was on the stand, on the WFTV split screen link, the screen split again and Lee was on one half and the Sunfire was shown being driving by someone (couldn't tell who it was or where it was, looked like a parking lot) with tags on the windshield.

Funny, this description makes me feel like I would make a terrible witness since I can't remember the specifics. :crazy:

Frank's a doll and I won't ever forget that it was him who got Baez to admit to the 200 grand deal with ABC - he made Baez squirm and it was a thing of beauty. Mr George has a stella reputation as a lawyer in Florida and I think it's a bit mean to diss him.

I respect your opinion and I;m sure he has a fantastic rep. But this is not about being careful not to be mean or to diss someone. This is a death penalty case and mistakes could cause an acquittal. I think a finding of guilt is more important than Mr. George's feelings. I have no doubt that he is a fine attorney but he is simply not doing well here and he really muddied up what could have been amazing testimony from at least two key witnesses.

Just think about the times we come away from this trial thinking, "Wow, casey is screwed" . That has never happened after Mr. George questions a witness. Instead, people on the boards start expressing confusion and uncertainty. That should tell ya' something.

Don't get me wrong, I like Mr. George a lot and he is doing far better than I ever could with a case of such magnitude. I wouldn't dare handle a death penalty case! I am a simple (yet effective :innocent:) family law attorney. No juries, few witnesses usually and not so much evidence. So, I bow to Mr. George's ability as a prosecutor.

But as an attorney, I know what I know and I see what I see. He is not cutting it and has failed with some very important witnesses and with some very important potential testimony. :twocents:

If KC was busy trying to show TonE what a good little housewife she was.. cooking, cleaning doing the laundry and the dhopping.. I can actually see her folding up not only her things but the "guy's" clothing neatly too.. She was trying to impress with her "domestic skills' (amoung other skills. I'm sure..LOL ) :innocent::innocent:
Right, she was living out of those bags and she had to keep them neat.

If KC was busy trying to show TonE what a good little housewife she was.. cooking, cleaning doing the laundry and the dhopping.. I can actually see her folding up not only her things but the "guy's" clothing neatly too.. She was trying to impress with her "domestic skills' (amoung other skills. I'm sure..LOL ) :innocent::innocent:

I thought the same thing - she was trying very hard to make a good impression on Tony.

I can't watch and post at the same time very well either. I have me a system going on. My family has now witnessed it and have convinced themselves I have completely gone over the trial edge now. I have the TV on IS, my computer is wesh or cnn @ all times. I have websleuths open. I keep my earbuds plugged into my laptop. When IS goes to commercial, in lightening fast speed I mute IS and unplug the laptop so that I don't miss a second! I mostly crochet during testimony and read here mostly during breaks.

I have allready apologized to my family for my being a bad wife/mom until the trial is over. When there was no court on Monday, the little one said "does this mean we get to eat today?".

:floorlaugh:

That is as bad as me calling my daugher from the car and making her put her phone up to the computer speakers so I can listen while driving. :floorlaugh:
I love it that my DD is as interested as I am ... we can tag team the hearings. I had drs. appt today, so called her often to give report. It's great not being so ALONE in my obsession!

P.S. Is anybody else as lost as I am on Sunday's when no hearings are going on???????? I literally have withdrawals.

Now Sots, I know you'll remember this - remember the hearing on if the 911 calls were coming in? Baez made a big issue with Cindy over who owned the car - she was basically telling him that she did but he did his usual talk over the witness, badger them enough and they'll say what I want, performance. How fascinating and hilarious that now he doesn't want ICA as the owner of that car.

Oh crap! I just realised what he did.

You made my day......someone gets me!!!

I'll say this.....early on I thought that JB would try to get the 911 call thrown out because he would argue that CA was making a false report of a stolen car....yes she owned it...BUT....a pattern of allowing KC to use it as her own was established.

I think when the 911 calls were admitted JB starting churning out plausible and nonplausible scenarios that would create reasonable doubt as to access to car.

With the IMO...VERY RECENT marriage to a "strategy" JB can now use previously discounted statements to his advantage.

Darnudes....I feel so validated!

At the 8 30 AM hearing the State actually put the discussion on hold until a later date. Some discussion that the State is letting it all play out and see if JB makes any further blunders. Also speculation that if the State took it to the next level it may allow for an incompetent defense at appeal. Hope this helps.

Thank you Tipstaff!!!

So it seems the State did exactly what our very own AZlawyer suggested!!! I really hope JB blunders again and the State can then bring up the prior felonies!!!

I can't watch and post at the same time very well either. I have me a system going on. My family has now witnessed it and have convinced themselves I have completely gone over the trial edge now. I have the TV on IS, my computer is wesh or cnn @ all times. I have websleuths open. I keep my earbuds plugged into my laptop. When IS goes to commercial, in lightening fast speed I mute IS and unplug the laptop so that I don't miss a second! I mostly crochet during testimony and read here mostly during breaks.

I have allready apologized to my family for my being a bad wife/mom until the trial is over. When there was no court on Monday, the little one said "does this mean we get to eat today?".

:floorlaugh:

Oh my gosh! You are my twin! I do the exact same thing with my tv, pc & laptop! Except I am posting during instead of crocheting . . . I also have an emergency laptop I can carry with me around the house.

The other day my oldest (14 y/o boy) said "seriously, mom? You have that same thing on EVERYTHING!" - as he swung his head around looking at the pc, tv and laptops. I said "Well, it's not EXACTLY the same thing". I was a little embarassed!

Fun Fact: This hurricane season names include: Cindy, Jose, and Lee. :crazy:

If we get a hurricane named Cindy this year I will get the heck out of dodge cause I will be only thinking of one Cindy.

Wow-ee!

That Orlando storm made itself up to Tampa quite fast!

I respect your opinion and I;m sure he has a fantastic rep. But this is not about being careful not to be mean or to diss someone. This is a death penalty case and mistakes could cause an acquittal. I think a finding of guilt is more important than Mr. George's feelings. I have no doubt that he is a fine attorney but he is simply not doing well here and he really muddied up what could have been amazing testimony from at least two key witnesses.

Just think about the times we come away from this trial thinking, "Wow, casey is screwed" . That has never happened after Mr. George questions a witness. Instead, people on the boards start expressing confusion and uncertainty. That should tell ya' something.

Don't get me wrong, I like Mr. George a lot and he is doing far better than I ever could with a case of such magnitude. I wouldn't dare handle a death penalty case! I am a simple (yet effective :innocent:) family law attorney. No juries, few witnesses usually and not so much evidence. So, I bow to Mr. George's ability as a prosecutor.

But as an attorney, I know what I know and I see what I see. He is not cutting it and has failed with some very important witnesses and with some very important potential testimony. :twocents:

Quote for truth.
Thanks button wasn't enough :seeya:

I, for one, think that Mr. George is not the best. You indicated on the last thread that his bumbling is artifice, a ploy intended to elicit what he needs from the witness. I disagree. I have watched him carefully and I think he's just not as experienced as, say LDB or JA.

It would be easy to get what the state needed from LA without resorting to pretending to not know what he is doing.

I feel that the questioning of LA was jumbled, halted, confused and lagging. Much of that was because FG is not experienced.

Yes, the state got what they needed from him, essentially, but the presentation was so bad and the breaks so frequent that I fear the important nuggets may have gotten somewhat lost. The jury was bored. One even had a hard time staying awake.

The state needs to put Mr. George on the back burner for now.

I feel they may be grooming him but this case is too important for him to stretch his wings on, if that is the case.

He may be the best they have though, aside from LDB and JA and they can't do all the questioning, I guess, because they might get burnt out. But let him draft motions or something.

Sorry for the rant but I can't take another session like today and I am afraid he causes the jury to tune out and miss the point.

And sometimes he comes across as being rude and very blunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne