IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the FBI still conducting work in Bloomington? I know they're involved but is there an ongoing presence?

How would anyone know? Seems like the media says they are helping.

I haven't seen any vehicles marked FBI driving around. There is only one agent assigned to Bloomington IIRC. His office is in the old Johnson Creamery Building.

No way of knowing if more have been tasked, actively working the field, or if they are just providing forensics and background check type of support.

R u talking abt the video chicjustin made(argylesandcigarettes is the youtube name)?

Oops-nevermind-i see the answer is yes. Sorry just catchin up.
I may be crazy but i find CJ interesting;]

I find her interesting too.
I've emailed her because of a few question about something I recently saw, but no response from her yet...

I find her interesting too.
I've emailed her because of a few question about something I recently saw, but no response from her yet...

I looked at the CJ youtube vid once and now it's gone. I couldn't hear what she was saying over the radio. What is her point of view. Does she think her vid proves or disproves something.

Thanks if anyone can help me here.

-holly

I looked at the CJ youtube vid once and now it's gone. I couldn't hear what she was saying over the radio. What is her point of view. Does she think her vid proves or disproves something.

Thanks if anyone can help me here.

-holly

Its been a while since i saw the video-i watched it several times and i read her blog theforceofreason and she believes it was law enforcement. I just watch from afar-shes smart and very well spoken but they say she has mental probs. I dont know-i dont even know if i should be posting this. I follow on twitter. Ive never engaged in a convo with her. I think she was recently sick and in the hospital-so she was gone for a lil bit and i dont know what shes been up to the last few weeks-havent twittered(?)tweeted(?).
There is another video of hers-2 cops came to talk to her abt some fb pgs i think. Interesting. I cant remember the name of it-sorry. I just watched it last wk again so it should still be on utube-i dont even know if her blog is still up

Its been a while since i saw the video-i watched it several times and i read her blog theforceofreason and she believes it was law enforcement. I just watch from afar-shes smart and very well spoken but they say she has mental probs. I dont know-i dont even know if i should be posting this. I follow on twitter. Ive never engaged in a convo with her. I think she was recently sick and in the hospital-so she was gone for a lil bit and i dont know what shes been up to the last few weeks-havent twittered(?)tweeted(?).
There is another video of hers-2 cops came to talk to her abt some fb pgs i think. Interesting. I cant remember the name of it-sorry. I just watched it last wk again so it should still be on utube-i dont even know if her blog is still up

OK, now that I hear this, I remember some words in the audio that she had some thoughts like this.

This theory is so far out there. No motive + witnesses = unlikely for me

OK, now that I hear this, I remember some words in the audio that she had some thoughts like this.

This theory is so far out there. No motive + witnesses = unlikely for me

I dont think its all that far out there. Ive just seen too much in my life to be surprised by anything. Of course-its pretty far down my list. I dont know bton at all-i dont know the alley or the wafflehouse. I do know if u spend ur nites reading all there is on the net(including CJs theories) about this case and the many other cases ur mind can run away with u.

Im honestly not sure what i think anymore

And here comes the tough thing to say: It's not healthy for RS and CS to continue this search forever. At some point, whether a point that has already passed or a point in the near future they are going to have to get on with their own lives. They cannot, IMHO, maintain this type of focus on this case. It will consume them, and some of the comments lead me to believe it already has.

Akh, I read this as coming out of concern for the Spierers, and I feel like we all feel kind of protective of them, whether we know them personally or not, so I understand where you're coming from.

On the other hand, is there a *healthy* response to having a missing a child? How long is appropriate to search? What is more appropriate, to fight for answers to or to find peace with not having any? What does moving on even mean in a situation like this? Going home? Then what? ...

Most people, even when dealing with the tragic and unexpected loss of a loved one, are spared the burden of answering these kinds of questions. We have all kinds of rituals in place that guide you along, help you cope and impose a kind of limit on mourning (at least, on the public face of it). But in cases like this, people are denied all of that. There are no answers, and no resolution, and even moving on to grieving can seem like a betrayal, because it implies acceptance, and acceptance can seem like giving up. Worse, it might feel like letting people get away with something terrible, because if you give up, who else is going to care?

To me, it seems incredibly unfair - even from a distance - to accept this kind of injustice and move on... and in a way, I actually think that's why there's been some backlash against the Spierers in the public eye -- It's not that people are cruel, but that people don't have any frame of reference for this kind of situation, and in the face of what seems like lack of progress, some may feel like they need to appeal to logic to justify moving on, or criticize the Spierers or LE because they just don't know what else they can do.

That said, I really believe that irrespective of the investigation and its progress (or lack thereof), there's a value in simply bearing witness and being a compassionate observer. We might not have answers or the power to change the situation, but still... you're not alone, we're behind you. Whatever that means...without judgement. You know?

...Oh, just some rambling thoughts....

whats the deal with CJ? is she for real?

I've wondered the same thing. And while I'm skeptical of both, I've also wondered about Mrs. Garcia Shapiro (or whatever her name was) from JRNNT -- and what (or who?) convinced her to delete her blog, without explanation.

I've said this since the beginning. No LE agency wants to admit that they are in over their heads. Had the FBI been called in eaarlier, who knows where we would be. We are talking about a town FULL OF VIDEO CAMERAS ON STREETS, IN ALLEYS, IN STORES AND A GIRL JUST VANISHES INTO THE DARKNESSS OF NIGHT? Crimes are solved with one camera sighting but in this town, you couldn't get a cup of coffee at the WH without a camera spotting you, or walk through an alley, or leave your apartment, or drink at a bar...

Angry? If I were the Spierers I would be ANGRY. 10 POIs walking, talking, hanging out as if there is nothing in the world for them to worry about. I suppose if the case stays with the Bton PD, they're safe.

If they continue to let the powers that be manage the investigation of their missing daughter, they are no further along than they were when JW called them on June 3 and told them that their daughter was "missing."

There's drugs, out of state friends, people coming and going home for the summer - what is it that they need to turn this investigation over to the FBI. The fact that they're still "asking" for videotapes from businesses makes me physically ill. You GET 50 SEARCH WARRANTS FOR EVERY CAMERA IN THAT TOWN THAT MIGHT GIVE US A CLUE WHO TOOK LAUREN. You don't ask kindly, you bust the gd doors down. Just like at Smallwood. If you don't comply, we will come after YOU. This is a LIFE, a CHILD whose parents love her more than life, who will never stop looking, whose lives have been changed forever and yet you fail to use the EVERY SINGLE RESOURCE that the federal government gives you to FIND HER.

This happened in the Stacy Peterson case here in the Chicago burbs. At first, the Bolingbrook PD was investigating the case. The #1 suspect was the spouse, a veteran of the Bolingbrook PD.

I'm not trying to make any connections here, just pointing out the obvious.

How long is it going to take the Bton LE to say, this is too big for us. Bring in the Feds. The Spierers have that right, they deserve that right, and at the pace the Bton investigation is going, they should jump on it.

I think this is my third post on this subject and it just enrages me more every day. To say there is FBI presence is not enough for me. They need to be running the show. Bton LE had their chance and they blew it.

It's been a while since I've posted. Unfortunately, it seems that nothing has changed in the 2 months I've been gone. Quite a while ago we did discuss everything from the possibility of local LE being linked to the organized drug distribution. At the same time it's pretty clear that sophisticated people could also run rings around a small town LE. Yet if LE were involved in LS's disappearance would it be limited to obstruction of justice, or was someone suggesting LE actually was more directly involved? We touched on that briefly months ago, when it was made clear that LE frequented that Waffle House where LS supposedly would have walked past on the way home.
But I don't think she ever walked home.
My gut still tells me that after she exited that Alley something happened, and that the rest is a cover story. Her keys were found just minutes after she came out of that alley, and the person finding the keys reported nothing strange. Whatever happened, happened very fast. What happened and why cover it up is what I have been thinking about for 2 months. I wish I knew what BD has turned up. I'm increasingly considering that LS never made it out of that gravel lot to CR's or JR's.
So...
1) I still have not heard anything about why CR was attacked at smallwood.
clearly the attacker(s) acted with total impunity. That does stink.
2) Disappearing in the lot causes me to wonder about why, and why the others could cover for what really happened. Perhaps she knew too much about something, said something, or maybe saw something. Something big? or something that infuriated the wrong people? Or was she the price for someone else's indiscretion?

There are some missing pieces to the puzzle and they are BIG.
And by reluctance to cooperate in finding LS it says to me that there was something pretty big going on here if this many people had to get lawyers and are all gagged.

It's been a while since I've posted. Unfortunately, it seems that nothing has changed in the 2 months I've been gone. Quite a while ago we did discuss everything from the possibility of local LE being linked to the organized drug distribution. At the same time it's pretty clear that sophisticated people could also run rings around a small town LE. Yet if LE were involved in LS's disappearance would it be limited to obstruction of justice, or was someone suggesting LE actually was more directly involved? We touched on that briefly months ago, when it was made clear that LE frequented that Waffle House where LS supposedly would have walked past on the way home.
My gut still tells me that after she exited that Alley something happened, and that the rest is a cover story. Her keys were found just minutes after she came out of that alley, and the person finding the keys reported nothing strange. Whatever happened, happened very fast. What happened and why cover it up is what I have been thinking about for 2 months. I wish I knew what BD has turned up. I'm increasingly considering that LS never made it out of that gravel lot to CR's or JR's.
So...
2) Disappearing in the lot causes me to wonder about why, and why the others could cover for what really happened. Perhaps she knew too much about something, said something, or maybe saw something. Something big? or something that infuriated the wrong people? Or was she the price for someone else's indiscretion?

And by reluctance to cooperate in finding LS it says to me that there was something pretty big going on here if this many people had to get lawyers and are all gagged.

Perhaps this BIG puzzle was formed long prior to Lauren's disappearance and the opportunity presented itself on June 3 to remove a potential problem. IMO, she had no idea and had innocently walked into it. She just met a bunch of nice guys at the Indy race and perhaps found one of rather attractive and the others fun to hang out with. I've never read of a case with 10 POIs. I also noted very early on how I felt that perhaps Lauren never entered the 5 North Apartments. I believe that her making it to the 5 North Apts rests on what was captured in the 2:51 video. It would have some sort of "resolution" in which than she continued to walk (or be carried) on to her intended destination.

LE won't release that tape. The 5 North guys claim she was there and left at 4:30, which in LE's eyes would have to be a lie if what happened on the 2:51 tape was the "end" so to speak. So LE calls them POIs, because their story would be a practical impossibility when compared to the 2:51 tape.

So why make up a story and claim she was there? For the sole reason that you made up a story to claim that she left. Would be a brilliant innocent story, with all of the 5 North characters playing their own role, but for a town full of cameras. There comes the silence.

Since the beginning of this case, I got the impression that LE and the Spierers never believed they would find Lauren alive. Sadly enough, it was almost as if LE had shown them evidence they needed that was convincing enough that she had passed on. But like any parent, they want their daughter back, perhaps it may bring answers, closure, acceptance, but more importantly put to rest that glimmer of hope that all parents would hang on to. I hope and pray that they will be able to mourn her loss in an honorable way, knowing that she has gone to a better place. May they find the energy to perservere, to hold out because Lauren is somewhere and wants to be found.

My question is, if the Spierers believed early on that Lauren had passed on, did they get impression that from the 2:51 tape?

So...

JR's walk to the corner story makes little sense and his subsequent behavior makes the scenario even less likely. LS almost certainly left 5 North by car one way or another between 3 am and 6 am. The person who hid LS was either present at 5 North CR, MB,JR,guest or was phoned to come (this list is short,DR, DD or parent). The answer is in phone records and DMV records and local gas station receipts.

I can guess that the FBI would not put a lot of resources on this case. The most valuable would be for them to confirm that LE has covered all their bases in the forensic phone and car search.

It is flat out incorrect that Bloomington is "full of cameras." I don't understand why this MYTH persists. I've posted several times how easy it would be to exit Bloomington undetected from 5 North and from which directions. We've discussed the range limitations of security cameras, all the many specific places where they are not located, etc. In fact, it seems to me that one of the reasons this case is difficult is precisely because of the LACK of video cameras post 2:51.

I don't believe anything "happened" in the alley except she had lost some more of her belongings. For one, there are cameras in the alley. For other there were other people out at the time, as evident by the fact someone noticed her belongings very soon after they were lost. I think she clearly made her way into the 5 North apartments.

IMHO - Early on LE didn't want anyone to know what was on the 2:51AM tape because that made it leverage. But now... it's pretty clear it doesn't implicate any of the PsOI or else they'd already be facing charges.

The thing is not only will they not release the 2:51 tape they will also not release the tape of them leaving smallwood.I think the tapes show LS and CR in a condition that makes the story of CR having to be put to bed and LS being capable of walking home on her own an hour and a half later very unbelievable.If that is the case I think it is past time LE shows the public these tapes and let them see for themselves.It is not going to hurt their case.CR already knows where the cameras were and what he did when he was on them.That became quite clear when his lawyer never disputed and changed his story when he was confronted with the story of what was on the smallwood tape.Their is the possibility some of CR or JR friends have some info but are withholding it because they honestly feel their friend is innocent.Maybe seeing the tape will convince them they are wrong and they will come forward.

I've wondered the same thing. And while I'm skeptical of both, I've also wondered about Mrs. Garcia Shapiro (or whatever her name was) from JRNNT -- and what (or who?) convinced her to delete her blog, without explanation.

I figured someone threatened legal action.

I liked the simple honesty of the title.

I check on Lauren's thread every day. I cannot fathom the pain her family endures.

I figured someone threatened legal action.

I liked the simple honesty of the title.

I check on Lauren's thread every day. I cannot fathom the pain her family endures.

Nor can I. I check here every day, just hoping... For some reason I read through the forums on Lindsey Baum before picking up my own ten y.o. from school. Seeing my daughter's bright face juxtaposed against the words I'd just read... I cannot imagine. I may not be helpful to these parents, but I'm completely with them in heart and spirit.

I think the tapes show LS and CR in a condition that makes the story of CR having to be put to bed and LS being capable of walking home on her own an hour and a half later very unbelievable.

People react differently to alcohol. Sometimes a large man can still walk around, and even seem semi-sober to people who don't know him well.

The suggestion has been made that CR and LS may have also consumed Xanax, a drug which acts quickly (1-2 hours), and may have adverse and unpredictable reactions with alcohol. Xanax is sometimes used as date rape drug, since it destroys memory.

If LS "made her way along" through the alley at app. 2:51 am, she perhaps could have also walked along 11th Street at 4:15 am. We don't know what substances she actually consumed, when or in what quantity, or how it might affect her in particular.

JR's walk to the corner story makes little sense and his subsequent behavior makes the scenario even less likely. LS almost certainly left 5 North by car one way or another between 3 am and 6 am.

The students, caught up in the pace of university life, perhaps didn’t really “see” the other occupants of their neighborhood: the homeless people, the vagrants, the construction workers, the local drug dealers and criminals. BUT JR’s apartment had been broken into earlier this year; the attorney’s office had cameras focused on his parking lot; JC wrote about homeless people in the area, claiming one of them had been murdered.

Could LS have been abducted by the like of David Ison?

http://www.wave3.com/story/15574442...eaths-in-franklin-county?clienttype=printable

Quote from the above link:
David Ison's father, Earl, says his son is a good man who got into drugs and the wrong crowd. "Whenever you take five pills of each one of them things a day all you can do is hang your head and that's about where he was at," said Earl Ison

After shooting 5 people in rural Laurel, Indiana, David Ison was apprehended by police officers while on his way to robbing a pharmacy.

Someone as desperate as Ison could have spotted LS’s jewelry, decided to rob her and forced her into a car on College Avenue.

Maybe Ison (or someone like Ison) was parked in the driveway just south of the intersection of 11th and College plotting a robbery of the medical offices located there & overpowered LS and pulled her into a vehicle so quickly that she could not scream or fight back. Foliage may have provided a cover. Even if LE was at the WH or in the immediate area at 10th , they might not have been able to observe any activity so close to 11th.

http://batesville.fox19.com/news/cr...t-woman-connected-person-interest-mass-murder

amanda_napier_conspiracy_to_commit_robbery_from_isp.jpg

At approximately 5:15 PM Friday, detectives from the Indiana State Police Post at Versailles arrested Amanda A. Napier, 34, from Glenwood, IN. A warrant was issued for her arrest Friday by the Ripley County Circuit Court after a five month investigation that began on May 9th of this year related to an attempted Robbery at the Triplett’s Drug Store in Osgood, IN. In that attempted Armed Robbery, David E. Ison allegedly attempted to rob the pharmacy and displayed a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member