17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he did not ignore police instructions. The dispatchers are civilians. More careless misinformation stated as fact. There are witnesses and a police report that supports GZs account of events and he did sustain injuries. GZ was defending himself imo and was pushed to do something horrible yet necessary when TM escalated the situation.

I've seen this a couple of times...not all dispatchers are civilians, some are officers on light duty, and they all report to a sworn officer (in my county at least).

And they go through rigorous training as well.

I believe that if a dispatcher says "you don't need to do that", then you really shouldn't do "that"

IMO, JMO

Sent from LG Esteem using Tapatalk

No, you can hear the shot during the call. It was that same call that Dr. Fessel posted earlier. The shot is at :41 and she tells her friend to "get in here" AFTER that.

Lemme go find the link.....

BRB

No, there is no shot in Mary C's call.

Respectfully, you are splitting hairs here. GZ did not telephone Domino's or Walmart to report his suspicions, he telephoned the police and the instructions he was given came from the police department's authorized representative.

It is irrelevant who transmitted those instructions. Officer or not, and GZ obviously had no way to know, GZ chose not to follow either those instructions or neighborhood watch policy. As it happens the instructions given and the policy were correct.

:what:

If we are both in our cars and I begin chasing you around, trying to crash into you and maybe even succeeding a bit, if you finally get so angry or frightened that you crash into me in return I AM NOT THEN JUSTIFIED IN KILLING YOU.

If I go up to you in a bar, show you my gun, begin following you around, badgering you, and telling you that you are gonna get it, if you pick up a bottle to protect yourself I AM NOT THEN JUSTIFIED IN KILLING YOU.

If I go up to a strange woman, follow her around, maybe make a few comments about how I am going to rape her, if she reaches into her purse (and even pulls out a gun) I AM NOT THEN JUSTIFIED IN KILLING HER.

See the pattern?

ITA

Why call the police, which is a request for a service essentially, if you're not going to allow them to provide their service?

*shrug*
imo
hth

Lets look at the fatal event and go backwards. I've been giving lots of thoughts to Trayvon's GF's account. I don't think her statement will be allowed at trial. I think it will be hearsay or severely limited. We know Trayvon ran and there is no evidence he ran due to criminal activity. So we go backwards. The last I can determine is that according to GZ's words to 911 "they always get away" and "effing g****or c**** and he leaves his vehicle. We do not know and probably will never know what happened between then and the fatal shot. So how is it going to be determined who was the true aggresor and the true victim that initiated the final incident?

I think the electronic data record with whom Tray was on the phone and upto what time would be allowed. I would have a hard believing that Tray was lurking in the dark, waiting to pounce on GZ while talking to his GF.

Here it is:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj4RHJ0taoc"]Trayvon Martin 911 Tape Screaming "Help" - YouTube[/ame]

I just can not believe that a school is allowed to release such info when it went nowhere, not even suspension . What is next , releasing drug info tests when the results were negative???

But you know the implication would be that the student MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG if the test was given to begin with. (sarcasm alert)

Speaking of Trayvon being "on" something...

I think Zimmerman was either "on" something or he was already very agitated for a reason that had nothing to do with Trayvon.

There are 6 of his past calls that were released. He does not curse in any of those calls IIRC.

Why is he so upset this time? Why is he calling names and acting so out of "character"?

In at least one other call he specifically says I don't want to approach the person. What's different this time?

Yes vlpate. It has been pretty good in here tonight, I agree.

So, everyone turn to the person on your right and give them a nice pat on the back and big ole smile!!!!

Ok, but I didn't bring my tithes! :fence::floorlaugh:

I think Zimmerman was either "on" something or he was already very agitated for a reason that had nothing to do with Trayvon.

There are 6 of his past calls that were released. He does not curse in any of those calls IIRC.

Why is he so upset this time? Why is he calling names and acting so out of "character"?

In at least one other call he specifically says I don't want to approach the person. What's different this time?

I hadn't thought about that. Great points:) I really wish he would have been tested the night of! I'd have loved to have known his blood alcohol level.
imo
hth

I'm not sure what you mean. They are the ones who live in the house in front of where Martin was found.

Sometime ago some people(forgot who) reported hearing two shots instead of one . It was quickly debunked by LE. I guess you could get an echo between buildings. Anyway it is not relevant anymore.

I think the electronic data record with whom Tray was on the phone and upto what time would be allowed. I would have a hard believing that Tray was lurking in the dark, waiting to pounce on GZ while talking to his GF.

I find that hard to believe to, but I can't figure out how he didn't get away from GZ. He obviously had a head start, and GZ couldn't see him. Maybe he stopped once he got between the condos and when GZ came around the corner they saw each other?

I think it has to do with the recent rash of burglaries. One that sticks in my mind is the woman who was trapped in a room of her condo, on the line with 911 and she could hear the guys in her house. To think the burglars are getting that brave would cause a lot of angst in the neighborhood, IMO.

Those guys got away, IIRC.

This caller is close enough to hear Zimmerman talking to the officer. I think the second statement in bold I did is this guy hearing Zimmerman telling the officer the statement about nobody helping him. It is almost word for word what the officer put in his report.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/20/911-calls-paint-picture-of-chaos-after-florida-teen-is-shot/

7:17 p.m. ET

Dispatcher: "Do you need police, fire or medical?"

Caller: "I’m looking out my deck, and someone is screaming 'help,' and I don’t know. … I heard a bang. I’m looking out my window, out my backyard, and someone is yelling and screaming 'help.' "

Dispatcher: "You are not the only person calling. We have more than one officer on the scene and another on the way."

Caller: "Oh, my God. I see the person now. I see him walking. There’s a man coming out and people coming out with flashlights. Oh, my God. I don’t know what he did to this person. I can see there is a man walking out with a flashlight right now."

Dispatcher: "Was it a male or female voice?"

Caller: "The man is up right now. Someone is coming over. I’m glad other people called."

Dispatcher: "We should be out there right now."

Caller: "I can open my window and hear it."

Dispatcher: "You can still hear it?"

Caller: "I don’t know what is happening. Someone is laying on the ground."

Dispatcher: "What’s happening? Someone is on the ground? Someone has been shot? Calm down, stay on the line with me. Like I said, we have an officer on the scene, and we have other officers on the line."

Caller: "Oh, my God. They better hurry up. Someone is on the ground. Oh, my God! I see out my back window, sidewalk, grass, something is really bad. There is a man out here with a flashlight."

Dispatcher: "Is this person laying down in the street?"

Caller: "No, it's from my back window."

Dispatcher: "So is the person laying down in the street or in the grass?"

Caller: "The grass. Oh, my God! I think there is another gentleman with a flashlight. ... I think police. Oh, my God! He shot, he shot the person.He says he shot the person. He said he shot the person."

Dispatcher: "Who saying they shot who?"

Caller: "The people out there, a guy is raising his hands up, he's saying he shot a person. I think it's a police officer that's with him right now. arrest - uh - oh, my God, why - why (inaudible)"

Dispatcher: "Our officer is there, he has somebody at gunpoint. They're going to handle the situation from here."

Caller: "Oh! Oh, my God, somebody would be shot!"

Dispatcher: "It's probably going to be best if you stay inside your home for the time being, OK?"

Caller:" I know. I can't believe somebody's killed. He was saying help. Why didn't someone come out and help him?"

Dispatcher: "Listen, we don't know if they been killed ..."

Caller: "Yes, the person is dead, laying on the ground."

Dispatcher: "Just because he's laying on the ground don't mean he's passed. We have an ambulance on the way, and we are probably going to pick him up and take him to the hospital."

Caller: "I didn't see cause it was too dark, and I just heard people screaming 'help me, help me.' And this person shot him! He was like wrestling with him, you know what I mean, on the ground, from what I can see it was very dark. The man didn't try to run away or anything. I don't want to be a witness or anything. I'm scared. Oh, my god, a young boy, I can't imagine, I haven't seen anyone killed. This is a nice neighborhood. Oh, my God, I'm too scared to live here."

Dispatcher: "You don't have to worry right now. We have many officers on the way. Two officers on scene right now, we are on scene, OK?"

-----

I think it has to do with the recent rash of burglaries. One that sticks in my mind is the woman who was trapped in a room of her condo, on the line with 911 and she could hear the guys in her house. To think the burglars are getting that brave would cause a lot of angst in the neighborhood, IMO.

Those guys got away, IIRC.

In a few of the other calls, he explicitly mentions the recent burglaries, and he's not acting that way. JMO

I find that hard to believe to, but I can't figure out how he didn't get away from GZ. He obviously had a head start, and GZ couldn't see him. Maybe he stopped once he got between the condos and when GZ came around the corner they saw each other?

omg thank you! I've been :banghead: for days with this! He had seven minutes from the time Zimmerman made the 911 call to take his :butthead: home - yet he is still 70 yards away (according to lawyer on CNN earlier), or 100 yds, according to his dad!

ETA: away from home.

I've been talking about the call I posted. I really didn't think it was Mary C's call. But that was the one I've been going over and over and over all night.

I hear "get off of me" and "NO!" "OH MY GOD" and couple of "OH *****" (one of those is cut off when the caller is giving personal info - you can catch just the ***** when the audio comes back.

This is the one that the caller tells someone to "GET IN HERE". She is upstairs in the bedroom and she also tells the person to "GET UP HERE" - so that would mean the person is downstairs and she is upstairs.

Sorry, I wasn't more clear about which call.

JMHO

There may be another explanation why the gun was found with the chamber empty and the magazine full.

GZ may always loaded a round into the chamber of his gun and kept the magazine full. When he fired the fatal shot the gun could have worked as designed, cycled and loaded a round from the magazine.

GZ knowing that LE was coming decided to make his gun safe and ejected the magazine, pulled the slide back slowly and removed the live round from the chamber. He then took that live round and put it into the magazine. Now we have a full magazine again. And an empty chamber.

Ballistic tests will show if that round of ammunition was cycled thru the gun from marks that the ejector would leave on the case. JMO

Man, that is sneaky. But why would he have done that. Darn, now we had to add that to that 1 minute hiatus since nobody saw him fiddling with his gun.

In a few of the other calls, he explicitly mentions the recent burglaries, and he's not acting that way. JMO

Did they stare at him, come to check him out, take off running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998