17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Remember the rules: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Remember the "ignore" feature on your profile page.

Please stick with the facts and link them. Link them often if necessary.

Please clearly state when it is your opinion, speculation only.

PM a mod with any questions or concerns and alert any TOS violations or offensive posts.

Please, please stay respectful of each other.

Thanks,

Salem

Everybody - you need to calm down. You need to breathe. This thread has had so many alerts a team of mods cannot keep up.

We understand it is a hot topic and everyone feels passionately about their side of the fence.

When comparing this case to others - try to be sure you are comparing apples to apples. The major complaint in this case, that has caused it to be a case of national importance, is the fact that no one was arrested for the shooting. Comparing it to cases where the perp was arrested is comparing apples to oranges. Those cases don't make national news because LE did their jobs, investigated and arrested someone.

Also, comparing it to cases where there was a trial is comparing apples to oranges - there has not even been an arrest here, so it does not compare to a case that was decided by a jury.

Please try to post responsibly. This is an important discussion, for the entire country. Just pulling things out of thin air, spouting off to fan the flames, and linking to information, pictures, etc. that are clearly not of the parties in this case is just plain inflammatory - we don't need that. This case is emotional enough without looking for ways to make it even more sensational.

Breathe, think about what you are saying and posting. Be sure it is pertinent, linkable if it is not your opinion, and said respectfully. Everybody gets a voice, as long as they post their voice responsibly.

Thank you,

Salem

We will unlock the thread in the morning for your continued discussion.

Thanks!

Opening up, please post nicely! Thanks everyone.

Ima

I'm sort of late reading very much regarding this case, so if this is common knowledge please excuse my asking, but has it been stated or reported where Trayvon Martin had been prior to coming back to this subdivision that night?

My understanding, he was at the store buying skittles and a drink.

I'm sort of late reading very much regarding this case, so if this is common knowledge please excuse my asking, but has it been stated or reported where Trayvon Martin had been prior to coming back to this subdivision that night?

He was coming back from 7-11 IIRC

A lot of what I've been reading lately, the consensus seems to be that although an arrest may come, a conviction is going to be very hard to come by. Simply because there is just not enough evidence one way or the other to prove conclusively what exactly happened.

I WANT A THOROUGH INVESTIGATION BECAUSE i STILL WANT WANT TO KNOW HOW AN UNARMED AFRICAN AMERICAN KID ENDED UP DEAD!!!!!!
i WANT TO KNOW WHERE THE ENTRY AND EXIT WOUNDS ARE. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT POSITION THE SHOOTER WAS IN WHEN THE FATAl SHOT WAS FIRED ( ANGLE OF ENTRY OF WOUND ) I WANT TO KNOW IF TREVON DID MAKE A 911 CALL. I WANT TO KNOW IF ANY OF TREVON'S BLOOD WAS ON GZ. I WANT TO KNOW IF TM HAD ANY EVIDENCE OF A FIGHT----BRUISES, BLOODY NOSE ETC. I WANT VOICE ANALYSIS ON THE WAILS AND SCREAMS--TM'S VOICE OR GZ'S VOICE. ONLY WHEN THIS INFO IS PRESENTED WILL I FORM A DECISION. BUT, I STILL HAVE MAJOR ISSUES THAT AN UNARMED TEEN IS DEAD WHEN HE WAS JUST WALKING HOME. I STILL HAVE ISSUES THAT AN ARMED ADULT MALE WHO OUTWEIGHED TM FELT HE NEEDED TO USE A GUN ON A KID. BUT I WILL WAIT TILL THE INVESTIGATION IS COMPLETED.

I do not know or have not seen it reported exactly where the iced tea and skittle purchase was made. I can only assume a gas station or convenience store within walking distance to the home where he was staying.

Hope that helps papa

I'm not that familiar with those phrases from the south so when I was shopping yesterday two elderly women were lightheartedly arguing over an item on the shelf. As one woman walked away the other one looked at me and said "That's okay, I can be the down dog." Never having heard that term before so I laughed and asked her what she meant. She said, "You know the dog that's down. Doesn't matter which one is right one has to be on the bottom. I'll agree to be the down dog." I walked away thinking, first of all how ironic that was said to me at this particular time and secondly regarding this case, no one saw what intially happened, who attacked who, just that there was a fight and one of them would always have been on the bottom. It doesn't tell us why or how it ended up that way.

I just don't understand why GZ was not taken to the hospital when he claims his injuries were as severe as they were. Banging someone's head on a pavement can cause a serious injury internally. And unless he releases the medical reports there are going to be those who will not believe him. If I had a bounty on my head my attorney would be releasing those reports as soon as there was a question.

There also was a question about LE not questioning GZ about what happened at the scene. Didn't they place him in handcuffs immediately after taking his gun? GZ would have assumed he was under arrest so they would have had to read him his rights. He wasn't under arrest but GZ would have assumed it so my guess is the responding officers were going to let the detectives ask the questions and they just secured the scene. We did not see the narcotics officer's report nor any reports after he arrived at the police station. But I believe that is why he was not questioned about what happened at the scene. jmo

Trayvon had visited a 7-11 convenience store where he bought Skittles candy and an Arizona Iced Tea. Looking at a map, the nearest 7-11 is east of the subdivision. Trayvon's route back is consistent with going to that store.

My understanding, he was at the store buying skittles and a drink.

Thanks Ima, that's part of what I'm wondering about. I live in Tampa and my company does work throught the Central FL corridor. We were one of the prime contractors on the Kohl store, very near where this happened. I've been there numerous times, as recently as 2 months ago, and for the life of me I can't remember any kind of convience store in that area.

Go to Google Maps with the interactive satellite view and see if I'm overlooking something. I see and remember car dealerships, banks, and the Kohl store but nothing that would seem to sell Skittles or iced tea anywhere near this location.

I'm just curious.....

If GZ was arrested and this went to trial I think he would get a manslaughter verdict. I doubt he actively sought out to kill TM.

I do not know or have not seen it reported exactly where the iced tea and skittle purchase was made. I can only assume a gas station or convenience store within walking distance to the home where he was staying.

Hope that helps papa

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humani...afety-within-retreat-at-twin-lakes-in/1221799

(snip) Interesting article. A good read IMO.
captain George Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin, 17, as he walked from a 7-Eleven with iced tea and a bag of Skittles. Now, Brown's children linger inside. And she does dog duty.

Thanks Ima, that's part of what I'm wondering about. I live in Tampa and my company does work throught the Central FL corridor. We were one of the prime contractors on the Kohl store, very near where this happened. I've been there numerous times, as recently as 2 months ago, and for the life of me I can't remember any kind of convience store in that area.

Go to Google Maps with the interactive satellite view and see if I'm overlooking something. I see and remember car dealerships, banks, and the Kohl store but nothing that would seem to sell Skittles or iced tea anywhere near this location.

I'm just curious.....

It a 7-11 in a strip mall. A very different set up than I've seen before. If you google images for Trayvon Martin 7-11, pics of both the 7-11 and maps of the location will come up.

http://news.yahoo.com/family-florida-boy-killed-neighborhood-watch-seeks-arrest-044537742.html
Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest
Trayvon Martin was shot dead after he took a break from watching NBA All-Star game television coverage to walk 10 minutes to a convenience store to buy snacks including Skittles candy requested by his 13-year-old brother, Chad, the family's lawyer Ben Crump said.

Thank goodness his brother didn't go with him! But, then again, things might not be what they are had he gone.

Just heard a clip on HLN, Trayvon's parents are headed to Capital Hill today, they didn't say why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth