TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal opinion here and nothing else:

I think TBI is waiting for public interest to drop off. By this point, they have enough small pieces of inconsequential evidence that if they wanted to, they could release a statement a day, and keep the public interest. They are not doing so. The first few days, the Sheriff was a good source of info, but TBI seemed to shut him up real quick when they came on the scene.

I think they know that her abductor is local, the search for Holly is local, but her abductor may have gone national by now. I think the search for Holly will go into recovery soon, and for that, they will really only need locals. If national public interest drops they will hve fewer psychics and crackpots to torture the parents and delay LE.

TBI has never seemed like an agency that is real big on public intervention, and in this case, they invited a lot of public involvement both with searching and looking at their neighbors. That led them nowhere, I think they are going back to the old system of largely excluding the public.
MOO.

Hi Carla!

I think if it was a rape and murder we would have found her already.
JMO

Yes I agree there. My point is that in her case, LE put out very little, confused and inaccurate info to the public but worked very hard behind the scenes to solve the crime.

I have a very dim view of LE overall but I will give them credit there...

LOL something must be going on Twitter is over capacity lol

Please stay safe everyone! How weird all of this weather going on. Here in TX we are experiencing the worst drought we have ever seen especially here in South TX. You guys are getting it rough. Stay safe and may Holly be found today.

I'm in West Texas and it is sooooo bad here too...dry and windy.... O/T! Sorry!!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong (haha - no doubt with all my WS friends) wasn't the "find" on Sunday at the 100 Eaton???? Which lead them to search area around the campus??

TIA

JMO

Yes I agree there. My point is that in her case, LE put out very little, confused and inaccurate info to the public but worked very hard behind the scenes to solve the crime.

I have a very dim view of LE overall but I will give them credit there...

LOL and i have a very high esteem for LE but not in this case lol

We can agree to disagree!!!!!!:woohoo:

I dont know what it is but something just does not sit right with me about this and i couldnt tell u exactly what it is...

Correct me if I'm wrong (haha - no doubt with all my WS friends) wasn't the "find" on Sunday at the 100 Easton???? Which lead them to search area around the campus??

TIA

JMO

I believe your right!

Well, Eileen, some of the best criminal investigators in the country are working on this case, and I have faith they're doing the absolute best job they can in this case. I have no reason to suspect otherwise.

They can't convict someone on the imagination of someone. They have to have hard evidence, either a confession, or hard evidence that links a particular person to the deed. In murder cases they like to do the habeus corpus thing too, as in here it is. Which I hope isn't the case with Holly, but it's my deepest concern.
----------------------

Last week, I was reading about Bundy and where he used to hide people he abducted. I posted that he left one victim in a mine. Lots of mines in TN, also caves like SnowInMemphis, Mick and others posted about. And then the iron furnaces ruins. I'm sure that LE has people searching many of these structures.
-----------------------
So, it's not like this is some crazy idea (I think of that scene in Close Encounters of the Third Kind, where he sculpts the rock tower out of mashed potatoes).

Correct me if I'm wrong (haha - no doubt with all my WS friends) wasn't the "find" on Sunday at the 100 Easton???? Which lead them to search area around the campus??

TIA

JMO

... and is 100 Easton close / next door to the campus?

... and would you toss something around 100 Easton b/c the item wouldn't be easily found?

LOL and i have a very high esteem for LE but not in this case lol

We can agree to disagree!!!!!!:woohoo:

I dont know what it is but something just does not sit right with me about this and i couldnt tell u exactly what it is...

Yup... something smells (and its not my upper lip) I wonder if the family spokesperson has filed for unemployment?

I can't say I have seen a case that is more hot and cold than this one. One moments its breaking news thats going to crack things wide open, and the next is well we think we found something important but arent sure and aren't going to tell you anyway.

... and would you toss something around 100 Easton b/c the item wouldn't be easily found?

well i dont know i know if i didnt want something found i would not toss it on the side of a road. esp if ya abducted or possibly killed someone.

If you remember there was this big rush to get the searchers back real fast
.... they sent them to easton road then they frantically went to the school..

I think the guy called le told them to look on Easton road near 100 easton and what they found there led them to the school and maybe these clues led LE to believe Holly was alive maybe she got to speak to her mom... remember the family ventured out easter sun... and it was after that the frenzy began ..

Just a thought!

According to Hollye's map, it's actually 100 Eaton St. I think that's the site of a currently open concrete products factory (Tri County Concrete Products).

It looks like the campus is a pretty straight shot from that location SW down Hwy 69.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17

Flood warning for Decature county extended
same for henderson!

Yup... something smells (and its not my upper lip) I wonder if the family spokesperson has filed for unemployment?

I can't say I have seen a case that is more hot and cold than this one. One moments its breaking news thats going to crack things wide open, and the next is well we think we found something important but arent sure and aren't going to tell you anyway.

Exactly!!!!!

Like an OXYMORON! LOL

According to Hollye's map, it's actually 100 Eaton St. I think that's the site of a currently open concrete products factory (Tri County Concrete Products).

It looks like the campus is a pretty straight shot from that location SW down Hwy 69.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17

liltexans,

And also if you look at the map, they were close to 100 Eaton with their searches on 4/17 and 4/19...makes you believe that LE is hot on the trail...enough to make someone nervous enough to call in a tip??? Perhaps with the searchers taking a couple days of physical rest, they will have time to reflect and 'remember" something to report to LE.....

JMO

score

Makes total sense to me. Context is everything.

IMO, all LE statements - actually even family statements - in every case - need to be considered in their full original context. Otherwise they get twisted in their meaning and they are used to support theories that, in original context, they would not support.

Dragging the Thread. ;)

I would think many people realize "dragged" is slang for "having talked someone into going somewhere when they'd just as soon not go".

The expression is perhaps even more commonly used in the south - and I've heard it as "drug" rather than "dragged". i.e. "He drug me way to the woods to see that stupid dead animal".

I wish people would get off this point. LE publicly cleared it up - an it was plain they never were told that Holly was actually being dragged - rather than walking on her own towards the woods.

Other Random Coffee Break Thoughts:

Now LE did say they believe Holly was in fear for her life when she was walking - and that her abductor had her arm. I haven't heard that statement in a while. I wonder if they're backing off of it in favor of now believing that Holly knew her abductor and may not have been in fear for her life.

I have wondered if the abductor(s) could have a acquaintance type of relationship via the brother. Holly was acquainted with many people. I would say the first circles they check (after Holly's direct friends and school and nursing acquaintences) would be father, mother, brother's circles.

IMO, they've not found Holly. She's not in a hospital, hiding in a coma, etc..
If LE believes she could still be alive, they must have a reason to think this way - i.e. they must know the perp and understand motive. Have we heard LE say that this is still a rescue effort? That's an important distinction for me. Yesterday, the press reported that when asked about Holly, LE talked about narrowing the investigation and developing POI's. They avoided the question about Holly.

Frankly, the LE quoted phrase that was most significant to me yesterday was "game-changer".

The TBI quoted phrase that was 2nd most significant to me yesterday was "people of interest".

The fact that was most significant to me yesterday was that Holly's mom & dad tried to make it out to thank searchers on Easter Sunday ... but emotionally couldn't do it.

The fact that was 2nd most significant to me yesterday was that LE found a significant piece of evidence in the area/neighborhood of Holly's school and a hands and knees search of the area followed that find.

At least, I think that's what the facts were. (Correct me if I've got this wrong.)

JMHO.

Hi Emma,

The two things that I originally hear that got changed were "dragged into the woods" and "home invasion". These would go together in my mind, but both were tossed out soon after and then it was "lead in to the woods" and it was outside the the home. So I think that is why people keep questioning all of this stuff, because that is a huge difference in wording.

Hi Emma,

The two things that I originally hear that got changed were "dragged into the woods" and "home invasion". These would go together in my mind, but both were tossed out soon after and then it was "lead in to the woods" and it was outside the the home. So I think that is why people keep questioning all of this stuff, because that is a huge difference in wording.

Its like no one sees it when a newspaper prints a retraction (on page 12). They just remember the inaccurate headline on page 1.

home invasion versus outside in the car port
dragged versus led
car found car not found
phone found phone not found
etc.

Its like no one sees it when a newspaper prints a retraction (on page 12). They just remember the inaccurate headline on page 1.

home invasion versus outside in the car port
dragged versus led
car found car not found
phone found phone not found
etc.

Right, because it was the first thing heard or written so it sticks with you. In this case you just listed 4 things that were written or said that have changed, and that is confusing to a lot of people, and not everyone reads everyday or listens to people making retractions on or off the air.

----------------------

Last week, I was reading about Bundy and where he used to hide people he abducted. I posted that he left one victim in a mine. Lots of mines in TN, also caves like SnowInMemphis, Mick and others posted about. And then the iron furnaces ruins. I'm sure that LE has people searching many of these structures.
-----------------------
So, it's not like this is some crazy idea (I think of that scene in Close Encounters of the Third Kind, where he sculpts the rock tower out of mashed potatoes).

lol....yes, I remember that scene, now that you mention it again, C. I always had compassion for that guy....knowing what was in his mind and feeling it so strongly, but it being so alien and seeming so strange to others around him at the time.....

Speaking of which, I've got to do some real work around here, and I promised myself that at 9am my time I was going to do some....have a great day...I look forward to checking up on developments in an hour or two...

Hi Emma,

IMO, those reports were from early reporting. The 911 protocols had it classified as home invasion, and the witness's slang was carried in reports made early on by LE.

I understand why folks might at first be curious as to the change in witness descriptive reports. Some are quite eager to jump to conclusions and, IMO, uninterested in LE's explanation that once LE had thoroughly interviewed witnesses they could clarify the original description of witnessed events.

I'm just sayin' ... it makes sense to me ... probably because I spend enough time reading here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong