GUILTY GA - Emani Moss, 10, starved, body burned, Gwinnett County, 2 Nov 2013

Thanks for adding Emani's name to the thread.

Unfortunately, you called it. Monsters! History of cruelty, beating & running away. (Bless her heart, DFACS sent her back to the abusers.)

This time she was starved.
According to arrest warrant affidavits for Eman Moss and Tiffany Moss, the couple allegedly “caused the death of the victim … by denying the victim enough food to live. Police claim that Emani had been kept from eating for as many as a dozen days.
Oh Jesus!

Much more in article. http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/report-body-of-10-year-old-girl-found-in-gwinnett-/nbf4M/

First court appearances will be Friday. I wish food could be with-held from them.

I could not read through this entire article, it is so disturbing. I think about how I hovered over my child while she was growing up, and this poor child emani would have been happy with the bare minimum. I can read all day about the crimes adults do to each other but when it comes to children :banghead:

Moo

Ciao

Does anyone know where the bio mom is? I haven't heard anything mentioned.

First picture of the tragic girl found dead in a trash can 'after parents starved her to death and burned her body'

Eman and Tiffany Moss were both arrested and face several felony charges in the girl's death
First told police that Emani, 10, swallowed chemicals
Investigators concluded she had not been fed since October 24 and her body had been burned after being stuffed in a garbage can
Police report now reveals Tiffany Moss was arrested for abusing Emani in 2010 after a school nurse noticed bruises and welts

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arents-starved-burned-body.html#ixzz2k0k4Jqdf

First picture of the tragic girl found dead in a trash can 'after parents starved her to death and burned her body'

Eman and Tiffany Moss were both arrested and face several felony charges in the girl's death
First told police that Emani, 10, swallowed chemicals
Investigators concluded she had not been fed since October 24 and her body had been burned after being stuffed in a garbage can
Police report now reveals Tiffany Moss was arrested for abusing Emani in 2010 after a school nurse noticed bruises and welts

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arents-starved-burned-body.html#ixzz2k0k4Jqdf

Let's put Tiffany down!

Poor sweet baby girl. Rest in the peace you deserved in this life, sweet little Emani. My heart aches for you.

article-0-193DFA0D00000578-380_306x423.jpg

Fly high punkin, high as high can go.

What a terrible failure on the part of Children's Protective Services! The mother says she fought the father in court for 2 or 3 years for custody. I wonder why the mother didn't have custody. Did she have visitation rights? If so, didn't she see the child was being abused. Or did she just drop out of the girl's life? One article said the step-mother was a teacher. A teacher of what? She had a criminal record and was on probation for child abuse, who would let her teach? I sure wouldn't want her teaching my child. That poor little girl cried out for help and her grandma tried to get help for her and no one was listening or willing to help her. I think some heads should roll at CPS and the courts.

darling Emani tried to get help for herself by telling her grandmother and running away

seems like she wasn't taken seriously

Tiffany Moss pled guilty in 2010 to beating the girl. She was sentenced to five years of probation and underwent parenting classes. DFACS closed its case within a few months.

“When you’ve got this file lying on this desk for month or five or six or seven years, somebody needs to be held accountable for the decisions and that’s what we’re interested in,” says Jones.

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/gwinnett-couple-could-face-death-penalty-girls-sta/nbpGt/

Does anyone know where the bio mom is? I haven't heard anything mentioned.

Emani's biological mother signed away her parental rights when Emani was a year old, after Eman was convicted of battery against his wife. Emani's grandmother raised her for the next four years, until Eman took her away in the custody battle mentioned up thread.

Unfortunately, Emani became a real life Cinderella story, the sole target of abuse of her stepmother, who never abused her own biological children. In the last three years, Tiffany's cruelty towards Emani compounded concerns regarding abuse, and Emani's grandmother did everything she could with the same result: six DCFCS cases closed by the time Emani lost her life. Ten years of immeasurable suffering, wasted away to a mere 32 pounds, and the rest I can't bear to type.

Here is the link to 11alive.com's video documentary, "Failed to Death."

Emani's story is the first of four heartbreaking stories, told in five segments.

I am not sure you'll be able to finish watching it.

I am in tears after segment one...

http://www.11alive.com/video/2842439474001/1/11Alive-Dateline-Failed-to-Death---Segment-1

JusticeForEmani must be attained. RIP beautiful Angel....

Using Tapatalk - now Free

Parents accused of killing Emani Moss seek custody of other children

Can you believe this?
Attorneys for Eman and Tiffany Moss argued that grandmother Robin Moss does not have an income, reliable transportation or a home big enough for the children. OK, Granny's house is not good enough, put the kids back with the 2 who starved one child, stuffed her little body in the garbage can & set it afire!
And how in heck do you go to court for custody of 2 children when you are in jail, awaiting trial for killing one?

Both grandmothers want custody. The judge postponed any decision until January, meaning both children will remain in foster care for now.

those are some big brass balls.

Sits on hands and stomps out

Parents accused of killing Emani Moss seek custody of other children

Can you believe this?
Attorneys for Eman and Tiffany Moss argued that grandmother Robin Moss does not have an income, reliable transportation or a home big enough for the children. OK, Granny's house is not good enough, put the kids back with the 2 who starved one child, stuffed her little body in the garbage can & set it afire!
And how in heck do you go to court for custody of 2 children when you are in jail, awaiting trial for killing one?

Both grandmothers want custody. The judge postponed any decision until January, meaning both children will remain in foster care for now.

No, I truly can NOT believe this. Just when I think Georgia DFCS can't screw this case up anymore (along with hep from the courts), I am proven wrong!

The "Best Interest of the Child(ren)" appears to be a concept they have zero comprehension about!

Here's an idea: both grandmothers want custody, so work out a temporary custody arrangement between them.

Anything to avoid further traumatizing these children!

I bet this judge wouldn't continue this hearing if this were regarding children that mattered to him/her. Every child should matter - equally. Emani's case is proof positive they don't. OMG!

Sadly, I have my reservations about the bloodline that created Tiffany, but I don't want to get banned. There has to be SOMEONE on staff at DFCS that can properly assess this "family" and make the necessary recommendations for the surviving, half-siblings Emani left behind, right?

I am off to hug my kids & calm down. I like it here too much to say what's really on my mind.

Unbelievable is just the tip of this iceberg...
Hmmmmmph!

Using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks for adding Emani's name to the thread.

Unfortunately, you called it. Monsters! History of cruelty, beating & running away. (Bless her heart, DFACS sent her back to the abusers.)

This time she was starved.
According to arrest warrant affidavits for Eman Moss and Tiffany Moss, the couple allegedly “caused the death of the victim … by denying the victim enough food to live. Police claim that Emani had been kept from eating for as many as a dozen days.
Oh Jesus!

Much more in article. http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/report-body-of-10-year-old-girl-found-in-gwinnett-/nbf4M/

First court appearances will be Friday. I wish food could be with-held from them.

This reminds me of the horrifying, and heartbreaking, case of little Tiffany Wright of England, starved to death by her mother and step-father.
I'll never forget that child.

And of course, social services completely failed her.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...led-to-visit-three-year-old-before-death.html

Dad pleads guilty in death of Emani Moss | www.ajc.com
f8b80644369951ac4b38e3a347ed3b3f.jpg

[...]
“It has always been our contention that the driving force was his wife,” Porter said. I don’t think he is the one who made the decision to starve his child to death. I think he acquiesced to it.”
Tiffany Moss made sure her own children were fed and clothed properly but isolated and starved her stepdaughter, Porter said.
The couple, who last year entered not guilty pleas, previously faced the death penalty. Because of Monday’s guilty plea, Porter recommended a sentence of life without the possibility of parole for Eman Moss.
Investigators and prosecutors will debrief the father over next month and see whether he can provide critical testimony to help convict his wife, Porter said. The quality of that information could prompt a sentence of life with parole eligibility, Porter said.
“There are a lot of ‘I don’t knows,’ in his statement — he was working two jobs and he was gone much of the time,” Porter said. “He has agreed to testify, but I am not sure we can use him.”
MuchMore@Link
http://m.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/dad-pleads-guilty-in-death-of-emani-moss/nmYLf/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/gwinnett-dad-gets-life-without-parole-in-emani-mos/nnKfK/

Nearly two years after her emaciated and burned body was found in a trash can outside her Gwinnett County apartment, Emani Moss’ father apologized Friday to “my beautiful princess, my first born, my baby girl” for his role in her tragic death...

Moss, who pleaded guilty to murder in June, was then given life without parole...

The trial for now Tiffany Moss has not been set, but it isn’t expected to start before next year, according to the prosecution.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back