OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant see the video but LE just said they want to interview all parents and children from the school .....

I'm not real knowledgeable about facebook. As for the time thing, do you have to set it yourself as to the time zone you're in?

Bloodhounds and police K9 search dogs.
No positive hits.

They plan on interviewing all 300 parents at the school.

they have a timeline but can't release that. they can't release several things.

i haven't heard confirmation of when he was dropped off, was his sp with him in the school, etc.

The FBI is involved.

No comment about any evidence found.

They will be showing media the classroom, his artwork at 2 pm.

The family is being updated constantly. They have a liaison with them.

They don't need volunteers at this time. They have 100's of professionals searching.

They are throwing every available resource.

Still a missing person case.

Kyron always rides the bus except for special event days, so his mom took him.

Kyron Horman is an "energetic student, a very social kid who loves to play soccer and build model cars with his dad," deputies say.

If you live in Skyline Blvd area, deputies ask you perform a no-stone-unturned search of your property. Anything out of place, contact them

The boy lives with his father and stepmother. Lindstrand said his mother, who lives out of the area, was on her way here.

View full sizeThe Oregonian/Allan BrettmanLt. Jason Gates, incident commander for the Multnomah County Sheriff's office, outside Skyline Elementary School.Gina Zimmerman, president of the school PTA, dropped by the Skyline search scene Saturday morning with her 8-year-old daughter Madi, who has been a classmate of Kyron for three years.

“He’s not the type of child who would just go out of school and go searching or wandering around,” Zimmerman said. “He’s just a timid, sweet boy.”

Zimmerman said she was in contact with the father, Kaine Korman, and stepmother, Terri Korman, and detectives Friday night. “Everybody’s just worried and in shock that this could happen in our little school where everybody knows everybody.”

She said the K-8 school has about 300 students.

Zimmerman said she arrived at the school around 8:15 a.m. Friday, as most parents and students did, to attend the end-of-year science fair. Terri Korman took a photograph of Kyron in front of his project, Zimmerman said.

Kyron’s project was on the red-eye tree frog, Madi said.

“We always play on the swings together,” she said of her friend. I’m thinking my thoughts for him. I’m very worried.”

Zimmerman said everyone went into their classroom for the science fair and broke into parent-led groups of four or five. She wasn’t sure what group Kyron was in. but she said the last time she saw him was at 8:15, when the groups began going from class to class.

“Then you were supposed to stay with your group. I don’t know what group he was in.”

Zimmerman said the boy has no learning disabilities. “He’s a good kid who follows the rules,” she said.

“We’re really close to the family, “ she added, noting that Kyron has a 16-year-old brother and a younger sister. “We’ve been on the phone with them all night.”

Anyone with information regarding Kyron's whereabouts is asked to call a tip line at 503-261-2847.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/search_for_missing_portland_bo.html

don't know if this article has been posted yet or not

so according to the article above, gina zimmerman saw him at the school.

*Check and look along road sides, back roads, fields,dump areas that you may know about in the county or in the towns or areas you drive to or live near. These may be areas that you routinely drive, walk, run, jog, etc. Check any ditches or areas that are typically hard to see when driving by at high speeds. Other potential areas to check are under bridges, in abandoned barns or structures that are not normally occupied, abandoned vehicles, etc.

*If you notice a suspicious odor in an area, or see activities in or around abandoned homes or property; if you happen to see circling birds or gathering predators, like coyotes in or around an area, check it out to see if it is safe, or contact the local law enforcement agency near you to have it checked out.

*If you own property that is not currently occupied, check it out to make sure it is still secure and that everything inside is in order and as you expect it to be. If you know your neighbor is not home and you have permission to go on their property, check for any broken windows, doors, or suspicious activity or things that may appear out of place to you.

*If you live in a rural area and know your neighbors are gone for extended periods of time, drive by those areas and make note of any unusual cars, vehicles or things that appear out of place and are not consistent with what you are familiar with.
If you live near an empty home or building, watch for any suspicious activity or unusual people or vehicles in or around the structure that are not normally there.

*Do NOT go in any buildings or homes that you do not own or trespass on private property, to search any areas.
If you see or suspect anything suspicious, do not attempt to pick it up, touch it or contaminate the immediate surrounding areas. If you leave the area before authorities arrive try to leave the same way you came in so other potential items are not disturbed or contaminated.

*If a suspicious incident is in progress and you are concerned for public safety always call 911.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23051506/detail.html

These tips from FBI came out in the Kayleah Wilson case and are helpful.

The boy lives with his father and stepmother. Lindstrand said his mother, who lives out of the area, was on her way here.

View full sizeThe Oregonian/Allan BrettmanLt. Jason Gates, incident commander for the Multnomah County Sheriff's office, outside Skyline Elementary School.Gina Zimmerman, president of the school PTA, dropped by the Skyline search scene Saturday morning with her 8-year-old daughter Madi, who has been a classmate of Kyron for three years.

“He’s not the type of child who would just go out of school and go searching or wandering around,” Zimmerman said. “He’s just a timid, sweet boy.”

Zimmerman said she was in contact with the father, Kaine Korman, and stepmother, Terri Korman, and detectives Friday night. “Everybody’s just worried and in shock that this could happen in our little school where everybody knows everybody.”

She said the K-8 school has about 300 students.

Zimmerman said she arrived at the school around 8:15 a.m. Friday, as most parents and students did, to attend the end-of-year science fair. Terri Korman took a photograph of Kyron in front of his project, Zimmerman said.

Kyron’s project was on the red-eye tree frog, Madi said.

“We always play on the swings together,” she said of her friend. I’m thinking my thoughts for him. I’m very worried.”

Zimmerman said everyone went into their classroom for the science fair and broke into parent-led groups of four or five. She wasn’t sure what group Kyron was in. but she said the last time she saw him was at 8:15, when the groups began going from class to class.

“Then you were supposed to stay with your group. I don’t know what group he was in.”

Zimmerman said the boy has no learning disabilities. “He’s a good kid who follows the rules,” she said.

“We’re really close to the family, “ she added, noting that Kyron has a 16-year-old brother and a younger sister. “We’ve been on the phone with them all night.”

Anyone with information regarding Kyron's whereabouts is asked to call a tip line at 503-261-2847.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/search_for_missing_portland_bo.html

don't know if this article has been posted yet or not

BBM....Well I hope we find out what parent led group he was in, how in the heck do you lose a child like that.....
I am so worried something horrible has happened from some sicko .....

The boy's stepmother reports she had taken him to a science fair at the school Friday morning. She said they walked through a number of classrooms and she last saw him around 8:45 a.m. Friday, walking down the hallway toward his classroom at 11536 N.W. Skyline Blvd.

School staff report not seeing him after 8:45 a.m. They also said Kyron did not make it to his classroom.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95691389.html

I just went back on Kyron's stepmom's facebook. There is NO indication at all that she would have had anything to do with this. She is VERY involved in Kyron's life. She is a teacher herself... she took time off to be with the children after the birth of Kyron's little sister. She is very active in Kyron's life, takes him to swimming lessons, participates as a room mother in his class, loves him as her own. Refers to him as her son.

I've seen no mention whatsoever of his real mother. I wonder what that situation is. It appears that the real mother has no visitation or anything... if she's alive. I don't know anything about Kyron's history before his stepmom came into his life, but by all indications, I don't see how he could have had a happier home life with anyone. She is pretty much the mom every child should have. And she truly loves him.

REally really hoping that this child is found!

A parents worse nightmare. This is scary.

I just went back on Kyron's stepmom's facebook all the way to the day she joined. There is NO indication at all that she would have had anything to do with this. She is VERY involved in Kyron's life. She is a teacher herself... she took time off to be with the children after the birth of Kyron's little sister. She is very active in Kyron's life, takes him to swimming lessons, participates as a room mother in his class, loves him as her own. Refers to him as her son.

I've seen no mention whatsoever of his real mother. I wonder what that situation is. It appears that the real mother has no visitation or anything... if she's alive. I don't know anything about Kyron's history before his stepmom came into his life, but by all indications, I don't see how he could have had a happier home life with anyone. She is pretty much the mom every child should have. And she truly loves him.

I just went back on Kyron's stepmom's facebook. There is NO indication at all that she would have had anything to do with this. She is VERY involved in Kyron's life. She is a teacher herself... she took time off to be with the children after the birth of Kyron's little sister. She is very active in Kyron's life, takes him to swimming lessons, participates as a room mother in his class, loves him as her own. Refers to him as her son.

I agree with you but I wanted to mention that reports are that the mother lived out of the area and was on her way there. Best case scenerio would be if it were a custody dispute but it's not looking that way. I can in no way fault the step mother. She did what all of us have done, left her child at school, seeing him go to his classroom. She had no way of knowing that he never made it there.

I agree with you but I wanted to mention that reports are that the mother lived out of the area and was on her way there. Best case scenerio would be if it were a custody dispute but it's not looking that way. I can in no way fault the step mother. She did what all of us have done, left her child at school, seeing him go to his classroom. She had no way of knowing that he never made it there.

Plus, she visited his classes since first grade to help the children make Christmas ornaments, to read to them, to bring treats on special days like St. Paddys. She knows that school and everyone there knows her. She assumed that Kyron was in good hands, as any of us would have.

I'm gonna do a little sleuthing on the natural mom and see what falls out of the tree.

not the best quality but gives an idea of the search area, taken with my camera phone off the tv

school from air 12
air12school.jpg

behind the school where the field goes into the tree line
air12fieldandtrees.jpg

This is a woman searcher with a canine, you cannot see the dog because
the grass in the field is so tall
dogsearch.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online