GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand why no AA's in the states in between. What about GA, NC and SC? They would travel through any of these states to get to FL or AL. Jeesh!

Moo

wm

Japandaaa, This false sighting just gives me more hope. It means that LE is doing a great job getting the word out and that peeps are paying attention!

I appreciate all the updates:)

wm

I agree ! I look at this in a positive manner and hope that everyone is taking notice ; so we can bring this little girl back home and put this man away for good.

I believe that is a picture taken off of Wall-mart Video, so it is the most recent.

For some reason, I thought it was nationwide too. It would make more sense !

I was thinking that maybe it's because folks would start to ignore them if Amber Alerts from the other side of the country kept popping up every day, and then not pay attention to the ones closest to them.

HOWEVER, I checked the Amber Alert website and the only active one right now is for Brittany - in three states: VA, AL, and FL. Seems like they could go nationwide, unless they have viable tips/reasons for limiting it.

...snipped...
This is a More Resent picture of him

He definitely looks distracted/focused on something else, as if he knows the camera is right there. I think he must've mentioned it to Brittany b/c she looked right at it. :twocents:

Sometimes AA's are only regional - not even statewide...a few weeks ago here in TX, an AA was issued for Harris County & surrounding counties...TG the boy was found quickly.

It's supposed to snow/rain here on Monday-Tuesday of next week. I'd hate to be camping and it snows! By here I mean, VA ..hampton roads area. I am sure its supposed to also snow in the western part of the state too!

Brittany2.jpg
Brittany_Smith.jpg

Missing From: Salem, VA
Missing Date: 12/02/2010 12:00 AM
Issued for: Virginia: Statewide
Contact: If you have information, please contact Roanoke County Police Department, 540-777-8641
Circumstances: UPDATE: The 2000 Chevrolet Blazer VA/XPR-4366 has been located by Roanoke County. The search is now focusing on the 2005 Silver Dodge VA/XKF-2365, the make has been identified as neon. Child was last seen at 3341 Fort Lewis Cr, Salem, Virginia. May be traveling in a 2000 SUV Chevrolet , Red , Virginia tag XPR-4366. P.S. Victims mother's vehicle is missing, suspect may be in it Silver 2005 Dodge 4d sdn VA-XKF2365.
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Roanoke County Police Dept at 1-540-777-8641 or Virginia State Police at 1-800-822-4453.

Jeffrey_Easley.jpg

Suspect
Name: Jeffrey Scott Easley
Alias:
Hair Color: Brown Eye Color: Hazel
Skin Color: White Age:
Height: 5FT11 Weight: 265LBS
Description:
Vehicle Information
Make: Dodge Model: Neon
Color: Silver Interior Color:
License State: VA License Text: XKF2365
Vehicle Description:

Thanks to lynnb
Possible changes in Easlys' appearance

13647474_BG2.jpg

I think the reason for no sightings in those states is because they may have left Salem as soon as they were done at Wal mart and booked it to A warmer state like Florida, and I know Driving from Florida (Miami) to VA would only take about 29 hours of straight driving and that would bring us to Sunday and at that time there wasn't even a amber alert for people to look for them.

12/06/2010
Walmart camera shows missing girl with suspect
State Police say Brittany Mae Smith was at the Salem Walmart with Jeff Easley last Friday night between 8:00 - 8:30 p.m.
They say Easley used Tina Smith's credit card at the store and purchased several items.
There are felony warrants out now for Jeff Easley for attempted credit card fraud and credit card larceny.
Investigators are not saying whether that trip to Walmart came before or after Tina Smith's death. Tina, of course, is Brittany's mom.
More...

Email for tips on missing girl
Police continue searching for a 12-year-old Roanoke girl believed taken against her will.
Virginia State Police and Virginia Missing Children Clearinghouse issued an Amber Alert Monday, for Brittany Mae Smith. Brittany is 5 feet tall, 100 pounds, with straight brown hair and brown eyes.
More... Video included...

Dead woman, missing 12 year old tied to South Boston
From State Police: Roanoke County has located the red 2000 Chevrolet Blazer, Virginia plates XPR-4366. The search is now focusing on the missing 2005 Silver Dodge Neon, Virginia plates XKF-2365, Tina Dyer Smith's car.
More...

Surveillance shows suspect, girl shopping at Walmart
Roanoke County, state and federal law enforcement are pursuing more than 200 tips generated in the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of a 12-year-old Roanoke County girl, Brittany Mae Smith, and a 32-year-old Roanoke County man, Jeffrey Scott Easley, according to Teresa Hamilton Hall, Roanoke County Police Department spokesperson.
Roanoke County Police have notified law enforcement nationwide on this case with a “Be On the Lookout” bulletin featuring the descriptions of Smith, Easley and the vehicle in which they may be traveling.
Brittany Smith, who is the subject of a statewide Amber Alert, and her deceased mother have local ties, said Hall.

Missing teen and mother previously featured on ABC 13
An Amber Alert remains in effect for 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith after her mother, Tina Smith, was found dead in their Roanoke County home.
If the names Tina and Brittany Smith sound familiar to you, it's because ABC 13 did a story with them a year and a half ago about Tina's son, Tyler.
He died while playing the fainting game a game where those who take part suffocate themselves on purpose to get a "high."
More...

12/07/2010
Easley may be in North Carolina
NEWS 7 has confirmed Easley was arrested in 1996 for assault with a deadly weapon against a government official.
This corrects an earlier edition with information on the resolution of the weapons charge.
The earliest we can trace Jeffrey Easley is to Ayden, North Carolina, just south of Greenville. In 1996, two months shy of his 18th birthday, Easley dropped out of high school after being arrested for assault with a deadly weapon against a government official. He eventually pled to a lesser charge in the case.
More...

Slide show of missing girl

Missing 12 year old in extreme danger
She was 41. He was 32.
They flirted over the Internet. He sent online kisses and declared her "hot." She thanked him for his patience with her.
Jeff Easley moved into Tina Smith's house in Roanoke County, just across Salem's western border, a few months ago, a neighbor said.
Their love story dissolved Monday with a terrible discovery. A co-worker found Tina Smith slain in her home after she failed to show up at her nursing home job for two days. Her 12-year-old daughter, Brittany Mae Smith, was gone, presumed abducted by Easley and "in extreme danger," according to a state police Amber Alert.
Mother and daughter were last seen alive on Friday, police said.
More...

Police don't know if missing girl went with man willingly
A missing 12-year-old Virginia girl -- whose mother was found dead inside their home -- is believed to be with a 32-year-old man the mother met on the Internet, authorities said Tuesday, but they don't know whether she went with him willingly.

Community waits, holds hope as search continues for missing girl
As the massive search continued Tuesday for missing 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith of Salem, and an autopsy was being conducted on her mother, Tina Louise Dyer Smith, relatives and friends in South Boston prayed fervently for the young girl’s safe return and questioned whether this tragic turn of events somehow could have been prevented.
Roanoke County Police found the body of the 41-year-old former Halifax County resident Monday when they were called to her Fort Lewis Circle home in Salem.
While at the scene, police obtained information indicating Smith’s 12-year-old daughter was missing.
More...

Mom of missing 12 year old leaves chilling final status updates
Police are still searching for 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith. Tina and Brittany Smith had ties to the Southside. They lived in South Boston before moving to Roanoke several years ago.
Tina's friends say she was too trusting, but that they never expected someone as kind as she was to be murdered. They say now the focus is on finding her daughter.
Lisa Ennemoser and Mark Lankford have known Tina Smith since they were kids.
"She would give you the shirt off her back, she would do anything to make you laugh," said Ennemoser.
More...

Also Miami it the Place that anyone from Anywhere can get a fake ID for a price or a.... And many places to hide there...

12/08/2010
Brittany Smith's family makes plea for 12 year old to come home
Speaking directly to 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith through the media, members of her family tearfully asked her to come home to them.
Her cousin, Kim Stephenson, told her that she loved her unconditionally. She said "I pray for you everyday and will continue to pray for you."
Brittany's aunt, Carolyn Stephenson, asked her to come home to Christmas cookies and "to open all your presents under the tree."

Amber Alert issued for missing 12 year old
Crime scene tape surrounds the home of 41-year-old Tina Smith as police investigate her death as a possible homicide.
"It was like my heart had been cut out," said Smith's next door neighbor Richard Burbage. "This was too close."
Burbage says a knock on the door Sunday is when he first knew something could be wrong. "Lady introduced herself as Tina's best friend from South Boston and that she was worried about her."
He says he and his wife contacted Smith through Facebook and called, but never heard from their neighbor. On Monday, they called police to report her missing.
More...

Police continue search in Amber Alert for missing teen
They flirted over the Internet. He sent online kisses and declared her "hot." She thanked him for his patience with her.
Jeff Easley moved into Tina Smith's house in Roanoke County, just across Salem's western border, a few months ago, a neighbor said.
Their love story dissolved Monday with a terrible discovery. A co-worker found Tina Smith slain in her home after she failed to show up at her nursing home job for two days. Her 12-year-old daughter, Brittany Mae Smith, was gone, presumed abducted by Easley and "in extreme danger," according to a state police Amber Alert.
More...

Missing girl, abductor could be in half a dozen states
Virginia authorities say a missing 12-year-old and her suspected abductor could be in one of a half dozen states, including North Carolina.
Roanoke County police briefed reporters Thursday night on their efforts to find Brittany Smith, who is believed to be with Jeffrey Easley. The 32-year-old Easley went to Ayden-Grifton High School for three years in the mid-90's and his brother still lives in Ayden. No one answered the door at the family home around noon.
Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder said they have had more than 375 tips on the suspected vehicle, a silver 2005 Dodge Neon 4-door with Virginia tag XKF-2365. Lavinder says that car has a scoop or spoiler on the back.
More...

Just in case someone is dropping into WS's and hasn't caught up, here is a picture of a Dodge Neon with a spoiler on the back like the one they are thought to be driving:

Attachments

• 1208_SilverNeon.jpg
    1208_SilverNeon.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 14
We used to drive from Key West FL to NC (Middle upper state) and driving straight thru, with gas/bathroom/food breaks only took us 20 hours at the most. We were booking it too. Key West is on the very tip of the islands .. it is usually very warm there too. Lots of homeless camp out on the beaches there. BUT, it would be dumb to go there, there's only one road in and one road out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam