LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT-Sadly they found what is believed to be the bodies of the 2 young sisters who went missing Friday leaving britneys 6 month old and 18 month old alone in the home. How sad for this poor family. :(

OT-Sadly they found what is believed to be the bodies of the 2 young sisters who went missing Friday leaving britneys 6 month old and 18 month old alone in the home. How sad for this poor family. :(

Who is Brittney? Where was this?:(

Thank you. I do not handle graphic pictures well at all or even horror movies. Thank the Lord I have not seen anything like this in real life. I have lost many in my time but when my grand daddy passed on I was right there and he was finally at peace.

It helps that I very strongly believe in heaven. I was very ill a couple of years ago and was in the ICU. My momma and the nurse were sitting in the room. There was another patient in another bed to my right. I looked up and there were two soldier looking men in uniform standing between the beds facing me. Both young and handsome and they looked very much alike. I knew they were there for me and even asked why were they there to take me. They did not even seem to notice me. The nurse ran over and asked my name and what date it was, etc. all of which I knew. In that very moment the patient next to me passed on and the soldiers were gone. Now I was in bad shape and the nurse knocked me out. When I came too a couple of days later I was told that the nurse shared what I saw and the woman's daughter said that her momma had lost two brothers in the war.

Now you do with that what you will.

This gives me peace knowing that Mickey and others are in heaven and we will all be reunited one day with our lost loved ones.

OT but this goes along with what you wrote about your experience...I recently read this true story that was recently published and it was quite an interesting read imo: "To Heaven and Back" by Mary C. Neal, MD

"

If LE knows his movements at all, they probably know whether he traveled any great distance on May 19th before ending up in New Orleans, and since they are searching locally, I would guess that he did not.

Also I believe that LE thinks Mickey was a random victim, and so do I. There is no indication that he knew her or had even seen her before.

As far as saying that they were investigating a "major crime" at his home-that does not mean it itself turned out to be a crime scene. They were, and are, investigating a major crime and had just arrested him on suspicion of murder and kidnapping.

One question I wish I had asked SomeGuy:

Does Brandon ever go to clubs - not to drink - but to see bands?
HAS HE EVER BEEN TO ARTMOSPHERE AND THE LIKE? Or rode horses?

Due to the age difference and how far out he lives and not drinking, IMO this is likely the only way he would ever have met Mickey - pointing more toward a random grab.

I wonder if someone looked into his truck at WB, if he was there the morning of the 19th, and no one was inside...that might lead LE to believe that she was killed on that day and not left at WB, since she was not found there. Just a thought.

Interesting thought.
I lean against someone looking into his truck, for these reasons:

1. If he dumped the bike from land - not the bridge - and I have stated many times my several reasons why I think a bridge drop is highly unlikely, and LE agrees with me - he would have parked his truck very close to the steep dropoff to the Pilot Channel, gotten out, thrown the bike, and been done very quickly. Due to the isolation, and how close the shoreline is to that spot he almost certainly would have heard or seen another vehicle pulling up to his truck.

2. I don't think he put her there - he would have had to drag/carry her through some dense undergrowth to go out to the side, and if he put her where the bike was, he would have had no way to get her out into the current. The bike could have been thrown - but she is heavier than a bike - especially if he has a hand injury.

That said, this does not rule out his putting her right there at the bottom of the footpath next to the bridge pillar with no intention of thoroughly hiding her, and wildlife becoming involved. I would think, though, that unless he had her wrapped up, there would have been some scent left behind, and not just blood scent.

JMO

Is it an absolute fact that the white truck was registered to BSL? Seems to me if he was a Head Mechanic that he would also drive a company truck. Isn't it also possible for LE to blur logo from door panel? If DWT was a company truck, it is also possible that it had extra vehicle tracking devices added to it.

Also, is there any information if BSL's driver's license, when arrested, was a recent duplicate? IMO, it could disprove mugging story and also set him up for filing a false report, or at least misleading an officer in an official investigation.

All this is just my opinion.:waitasec:

:welcome4:

Welcome to Websleuths :)

I'm not sure if he would have personally bought a new truck to replace a "stolen" company truck.... seems he would have had his company take care of that? But maybe not.

And wasn't his bike found is a cemetery? Somewhere bsl has supposedly previously been linked to

From reports earlier - sorry - can't link - I read that the bike was found in some bushes NEAR the Cathedral-Carmel cemetery, not in the cemetery. I remember looking specifically for that fact, and I think that that info came from the biking board where its discovery was posted.

I could possibly see the point of self-inflicting an injury in order to have an "alibi" of being in another part of the state on the date of the crime. However, it's pretty dumb to self-inflict stab wounds, because most people know that the police are automatically called to the hospital whenever someone presents with a gun shot wound or stab wound. Seems like he'd want to avoid any contact with LE and stay under the radar, kwim? Or it could possibly be self-inflicted to hide bite-marks, scratches, etc - but why would he stab himself so severely as to need medical attention, because again the police would be called. The stab wounds are puzzling to me, because I don't believe they were self inflicted and also I don't think he would've sought medical attention unless it was pretty severe. And if the wounds were severe, how would this affect him in trying to hide evidence? Just not sure what to think of the stabbing incident, definitely don't believe it was a random mugging.

IMO it would take a lot of guts to stab oneself in the neck. Unless he has unusual medical knowledge - most people would be very averse to inflicting a wound in this area, in my opinion. I also don't think that he would stab himself in the hand to the point of having to tell people his finger was "almost cut off." It owuld be one thing to make some superficial cuts - another thing to risk crippling himself, which a hand injury can do.

IMO these wounds were inflicted by another.

Talking to myself again. Nothing unusual for me - I can be good company, myself says to myself! :p

IMO it would take a lot of guts to stab oneself in the neck. Unless he has unusual medical knowledge - most people would be very averse to inflicting a wound in this area, in my opinion. I also don't think that he would stab himself in the hand to the point of having to tell people his finger was "almost cut off." It owuld be one thing to make some superficial cuts - another thing to risk crippling himself, which a hand injury can do.

IMO these wounds were inflicted by another.

Agree. Especially with a neck wound. How would he know he wasn't going to hit his carotid artery. He would have bled out.

redtoedfrog, I lived in Cobb County, GA when the Ian Humphrey murders were committed. Although a high profile case, there were many others that were much more high profile without venue changes. Atlanta Judge Fred Tokars
www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20105972,00.html
Aug 2, 1993 – His spouse Sara Tokars Was Shot to Death in Front of Her Two Sons by a couple thugs hired by the dishonorable Judge..

Ian Humphrey's trial was relocated to Brunswick, GA; one of the most desired tourist spots in GA, 300 miles away.. Cobb is an very affluent county & Judge Robinson prolly just needed a little R & R, imo...

www.goldenisles.com/
The Official site of the Golden Isles Visitors Bureau. Information on St. Simons Island, Sea Island, Jekyll Island, Little St. SImons and Brunswick, GA..

I agree there are many cases where the motion to change venue was denied. Another member here was asking for examples of cases (high profile) that were granted change of venue since DTL. Since I posted those links a different member was able to compile a list of trials in Louisiana that motions were approved as well. Interestingly, the case you mentioned was a Judge. Here is a LE in Louisiana who was denied change of venue as well. http://www.lasc.org/opinions/2002/00ka2085.pdf

I have seen some folks question why BSL would have been on St. Landry at all.

Contrary to belief, using St. Landry would have taken him toward his home, had he exited the downtown bar area using Vermilion St to St. John.

However, I would think after Vermilion he would have taken Versailles to University and thence to Congress, instead of turning down left down St. John and following it onto St. Landry. St. Landry would definitely not be the most direct route. It's possible that he saw her on Versailles and turned around, or saw her heading south on St. John as he was stopped at the Vermilion/St. John traffic signal, and turned left instead of right to follow her.

I think it is very possible that it is reliable. I carry a mini box cutter and I don't think I have ever told anyone. I also sleep with a giant butcher knife near my bed and surely no one would know that. Obviously, I watch a too few many crime shows and am a scaredy cat!

If no one knew she carried one, then how did this man who made this quote in the paper know it?

Agree. Especially with a neck wound. How would he know he wasn't going to hit his carotid artery. He would have bled out.

Due to the abduction of Mickey Schunick, aproximately 12 hours prior to the alleged mugging incident in NOLO, BSL'S status as a tier 3 RSO, the lack of motivation by a gold tooth caucasian mugger to stab a victim over $40.00, coupled with the burned truck ruse in TX to destroy forensics. I think it is reasonable to conclude that his wounds were caused by his innocent victim and not self inflicted.

Although this tragic case has had many twists and turns up to this point. Imo, there are many dominoes yet to fall..

BSL's name wasn't arbitrarily pulled out of a hat in the kidnapping & 1st degree murder charges that he is now facing...Imo, he is an experienced sexual predator with other unknown victims that will come to light.

Another question for Someguy:

Even if BSL didn't drink, did he ever go to bars anyway, to meet people? I'm wondering whether it's plausible that he was at a downtown bar - and that downtown was the starting point for his ride. I have met a few folks who don't drink but still go to bars... but not many. If not, then at 2 a.m., yes he would have purely been trolling. Nothing else to do other than be in a bar at that hour.

Question for Someguy - is it possible that he went to Artmosphere that night?

But if so, I don't think he would have waited around near BW's house once BW and MS went to Taco Bell - once they got in his car, he would have had no way to know they were coming back.... unless... he overheard them at Artmosphere discussing how she was tired and had to get home... and wanted Taco Bell first.....and BW told her he would take them in his car before her ride home.

Overhearing them at Artmosphere would have been the only way he have known that she was going to ride a bike home, instead of BW bringing her in his car.

All this self-jabber takes me back to the thought that most likely he first saw her on her bike on Versailles or St. John., with a very small chance that he overheard their plans at Artmosphere, if he was there. Those seem like the only two choices to me... outside a true accident.

And if he wasn't a drinker, then an accident is pretty unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle