CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:crazy::woohoo:Think I finally got it - take a look:

Attachments

• Birthdate Whoot.jpg
    Birthdate Whoot.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 57
Yeah, that question bothered me too - but we can see from this story that dad might have been in the habit of taking baby with him and not Hassani.

Just a thought.

I thought I'd read that both were left in the car while at the scrap yard but maybe that is not true.

I thought I'd read that both were left in the car while at the scrap yard but maybe that is not true.

That is what LR said; and the scrap yard workers said that a child was crying in the car, they thought it was Hasanni; but we all wondered if possibly it was just the baby crying and Hasanni was already gone by then. (for lack of a good way to say it). It never was really clarified if the workers actually saw two children in the car....

Hi Noway! College Ave is really, really busy and double-parking would create an extreme inconvenience to other cars trying to use the street. It could even be dangerous if those inconvenienced got angry about it. Especially with two little kids in tow!!
Just my opinion...

Thank you! The photo didn't seem to have a lot of traffic but I'm not sure when the photo was taken.

Hey, Ross is getting a little testy...

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20437763/detail.html
(video included)

*snipped*
"Ross has been questioned by police and given a lie detector test. On Monday, Ross angrily addressed speculation that he might be involved in the disappearance of his foster son.

"'Oh, they were foster parents. Did they really care?' Well, you go talk to social services,” said Ross. “You wanna find the record straight? You go to them and ask them why they placed them with us. Because we gave a damn! These were our children. Don't try to take that from us. This wasn't a situation where we didn't care about those children. We've fought every inch for both of them."

Hasanni's foster family is also grappling with the loss of their one year-old foster daughter who has been removed from their care.

"All we want is our children home. We want Hasanni found and Aaliyah with us," said the boy’s foster mother Campbell."

By George, I think you've GOT IT!!!! :woohoo:

Hey Shutterfly ... yep, thinks we finally got it - it fits and we know JMC's mother's last name is Clark. I am going to go back in and try and find Shemika now. First, a drink:headache:

Here we go:

Attachments

• Shemika Whoot.jpg
    Shemika Whoot.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 30
Thank you! The photo didn't seem to have a lot of traffic but I'm not sure when the photo was taken.

You're welcome, Noway. Maybe "congested" would have been a better word. It's just not the easiest place to find a parking spot, or get into and out of one; I was lucky on Saturday and found one on Harwood almost directly across the street from the alleyway.

WTF? This comes from a news article AWC posted on the info thread....post #33.

"Law enforcement sources say Ross reported taking the boy with him earlier that day to the Hayward Pick Your Part auto salvage yard.

The trip was unusual, authorities said, because even though Ross said he was looking for a particular part, witnesses told authorities that he had left without getting out of the car to look for it."

"Law enforcement sources say Ross reported taking the boy with him earlier that day to the Hayward Pick Your Part auto salvage yard.

The trip was unusual, authorities said, because even though Ross said he was looking for a particular part, witnesses told authorities that he had left without getting out of the car to look for it."

That just doesn't make good sense does it?

Weird. I had been looking for the article I'd read that said both kids were left in the car, and read comments on another board that said he hadn't left the car and was looking for the news report they were talking about.

Found lots of articles but not any that specifically said he'd left BOTH kids in the car. And now it appears that he didn't get out either?

Can you drive around in this salvage yard? If the part was small (what was the particular part I wonder?) you'd never know whether they had it ... :confused:

Hey, Ross is getting a little testy...

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20437763/detail.html
(video included)

*snipped*
"Ross has been questioned by police and given a lie detector test. On Monday, Ross angrily addressed speculation that he might be involved in the disappearance of his foster son.

"'Oh, they were foster parents. Did they really care?' Well, you go talk to social services,” said Ross. “You wanna find the record straight? You go to them and ask them why they placed them with us. Because we gave a damn! These were our children. Don't try to take that from us. This wasn't a situation where we didn't care about those children. We've fought every inch for both of them."

Hasanni's foster family is also grappling with the loss of their one year-old foster daughter who has been removed from their care.

"All we want is our children home. We want Hasanni found and Aaliyah with us," said the boy’s foster mother Campbell."

LR really does seem genuinely upset, anguished, angry and frustrated -- from what they have said it does sound like they have fought for them. Therapy for Hasanni was mentioned one time, etc etc.

What keeps knocking me for a loop is that Hasanni was grabbed (if he was grabbed) and disappeared within a one or two minute time frame, in such a peaceful, harmless-seeming area! You'd think that LR would have had to see a perp or someone lurking around...I guess stranger things have happened. If he really was feeling rushed he might not have noticed someone passing by. Maybe they should hypnotize him! he might remember something that he wasn't aware of consciously (like a person coming down the street or by the back of the alley).

Sorry--I just keep going around and around with this.

I thought it was interesting what the policeman said about lack of leads. That is sad. Maybe the reward money will be enough to make someone rat out the perp (if there is a perp).

Or maybe he got there and the thought of getting out with a 5 yo and an 18 mo was too much? I've felt that way at Wal-mart. The whole facing the crowd and cranky 3 yo and 10 yo and I've turned around and gone home, planning to make a late-night run by myself.

But I wonder why there are different versions of what happened at the salvage yard. The truth is not this hard. Or it shouldn't be.

That just doesn't make good sense does it?

It's odd.
I know that I have gone to shopping malls with the intention of going into a store and then decide I am too exhausted to shop, so I don't even get out of my car, and just leave...this sounds a little different, though...

Or maybe he got there and the thought of getting out with a 5 yo and an 18 mo was too much? I've felt that way at Wal-mart. The whole facing the crowd and cranky 3 yo and 10 yo and I've turned around and gone home, planning to make a late-night run by myself.

But I wonder why there are different versions of what happened. The truth is not this hard. Or it shouldn't be.

LOoks like we were posting almost exactly the same thing at exactly the same moment!!!! LOL

Weird. I had been looking for the article I'd read that said both kids were left in the car, and read comments on another board that said he hadn't left the car and was looking for the news report they were talking about.

Found lots of articles but not any that specifically said he'd left BOTH kids in the car. And now it appears that he didn't get out either?

Can you drive around in this salvage yard? If the part was small (what was the particular part I wonder?) you'd never know whether they had it ... :confused:

But then what about the report from the salvage yard workers that he had crying kids in the car (or one crying kid, we aren't sure what the salvage yard workers stated)?

My head is spinning. Right now I actually believe the foster parents.

Do we know how often the children were dropped off there? Was it regularly on Mondays? It's hard to imagine that someone was there at the right time to snatch Hassani unless they regularly saw him being dropped off there.

IIRC the foster dad said he was earlier because he had a meeting, so if someone was expecting him around 5, would they be there, and if they were there, then do they live around there?

lol at you and me Columbo!

Is it possible it was a crime of opportunity? Predator comes out to car and sees Hassani and grabs him?

I just don't want another parent, whose job it is to love and protect their children, to be the creep(s) that in the end, were who we should have been looking at the whole time.

My head is spinning. Right now I actually believe the foster parents.

Do we know how often the children were dropped off there? Was it regularly on Mondays? It's hard to imagine that someone was there at the right time to snatch Hassani unless they regularly saw him being dropped off there.

IIRC the foster dad said he was earlier because he had a meeting, so if someone was expecting him around 5, would they be there, and if they were there, then do they live around there?

lol at you and me Columbo!

I know, I feel the same way, my head is spinning.

It's all pretty unclear as to what days the kids were dropped off, or even if it truly was a regular routine. You know the police have questioned the other workers in the shoe store so just have faith that THEY (LE) know! If they suspected the foster parents then do you think they would have done more searching at the house? It seems as if that is what usually happens if there is strong enough evidence.

And if LR was not "on schedule," then if someone actually planned to kidnap Hasanni, it would have probably thrown their plan off, too. It's just so strange.

I was looking for an update on the vigil but I guess it will have to wait until tomorrow!! I think my brain needs a rest...Poor Hasanni....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni