TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suck Creek is too obvious a place to hide her car. You can hide just about anything smaller than an airplane on Signal Mtn. and it could take years to find, not too mention the area between the town and Dunlap.

Is is possible that GP left SM April 30 to meet MP at the base of the mountain? Could that be why she called AD and said to "say little". Maybe she wanted AD to not talk, but to listen to what was said between her and MP. Is there anyone that can say that MP returned to the house in 10 minutes to meet GP there? Do we really know where he was?

Well now...

Thought Fox, did you take that text directly from his letter? Did it really say:

"who is the private investigator whom I have hired on my behalf."

At the news conference, didn't he say something about hiring a private investigator and wasn't he trying to indicate that it was on "Gail's behalf" that he had hired them? i.e. to help find her?

Now we are learning the truth... He has hired a PI on "his behalf." And of course, that is why he wants the DVR. Just what is on that recording? Is there anything that might work against him? Did the DVR record the drive by of his last PI or the person he hired prior to Gail's disappearance to follow her? He wants to know and he wants to know if anything in the Lake house indicated why Gail went home suddenly (but of course he knows why, he just wants to know if she left anything telling why). He isn't interested in Gail missing except to the extent that he can "protect himself."

Rest assured, Gail's sudden departure from the Lake house was absolutely due to something she learned to take away her peace there. Perhaps Matt called her cell phone the night before (after the argument), or early that AM and said, "When you show up again, there will be nothing left -- count on it." You can bet that he "was not happy" about the 911 call. Gail left in a hurry because she perceived that there was something she "had to do" back in Signal Mountain in order to protect the children or herself from some type of damage by Matt.

After this length of time, if Gail left to go to a domestic violence shelter or to stay with a very good friend, she would have at least contacted the police or had an attorney
contact the police on her behalf.

She has not, as far as we know.
I hate to be negative, but I think the worst has happened.
I don't know how or why, but I don't think she will come back..
JMO

And I hope I am totally wrong.

Is is possible that GP left SM April 30 to meet MP at the base of the mountain? Could that be why she called AD and said to "say little". Maybe she wanted AD to not talk, but to listen to what was said between her and MP. Is there anyone that can say that MP returned to the house in 10 minutes to meet GP there? Do we really know where he was?

carolinagirl56, Maybe I am confused, but I thought the "say little" conversation between Gail and AD occurred when Gail was on the way to Alabama with her kids. AD is a neighbor at the Alabama location.

On April 30 the only telephone conversations I know about were from Gail to her sister, Diane. Please correct me if I am wrong!

Regardless of phone calls, what you say is possible though---maybe she was meeting MP at the base of the mountain. Certainly possible.

Well now...

Thought Fox, did you take that text directly from his letter? Did it really say:

"who is the private investigator whom I have hired on my behalf."

At the news conference, didn't he say something about hiring a private investigator and wasn't he trying to indicate that it was on "Gail's behalf" that he had hired them? i.e. to help find her?

Now we are learning the truth... He has hired a PI on "his behalf." And of course, that is why he wants the DVR. Just what is on that recording? Is there anything that might work against him? Did the DVR record the drive by of his last PI or the person he hired prior to Gail's disappearance to follow her? He wants to know and he wants to know if anything in the Lake house indicated why Gail went home suddenly (but of course he knows why, he just wants to know if she left anything telling why). He isn't interested in Gail missing except to the extent that he can "protect himself."

Rest assured, Gail's sudden departure from the Lake house was absolutely due to something she learned to take away her peace there. Perhaps Matt called her cell phone the night before (after the argument), or early that AM and said, "When you show up again, there will be nothing left -- count on it." You can bet that he "was not happy" about the 911 call. Gail left in a hurry because she perceived that there was something she "had to do" back in Signal Mountain in order to protect the children or herself from some type of damage by Matt.

"On My Behalf" can be a term used to indicate that the PI was doing what he was asked to do and not there on his own accord. It isn't necessarily the indicator you presented, just to be fair.

Also, "Rest assured, Gail's sudden departure from the Lake house was absolutely due to something she learned to take away her peace there."... is this something that is fact or your opinion? Please clarify.

I found this video on youtube. It's not directly linked to this specific case, but you can get an idea of the layout of parts of the mtn, and some of the specific locations that have been mentioned here, and the type of terrain that needs to be searched. Pretty spooky stuff...

http://youtu.be/j8E2Sn9jnWw

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8E2Sn9jnWw&feature=related[/ame]

Just wondering and hope that someone can help me, from the many visits by LE, was there ever report of abuse? If so, at what level and by whom?

I really don't know. Mapquest shows it to be about.. 3 hrs 52 mins / 210.68 miles
The post I made was really in regards to the time difference and what time she would have had to have left the lake house in order to arrive back on Signal Mtn by 12:00 noon..That is WHY I used the word "IF" concerning the 4 hour travel time..

"Alabama is one hour behind Signal Mtn so IF it is a four hour drive she would have had to have left Alabama around 7:00 am on the 30th in order to arrive home at noon"..JMHO

I was speculating also, along with Signal Mtn. encompassing Central and Eastern time zones. So locals usually go by one or the other depending on work, or something time sensitive (e.g., catch a plane in Nashville). If GP remained on EST and with her sister on EST it means it was actually 5:30 AM in AL when the call came in/out? But, then she would have left 8AM EST to arrive back on Signal by Noon. Either way, 8 hour drive time for a 24 hour period shows a sense of urgency to return...JMHO

Suck Creek is too obvious a place to hide her car. You can hide just about anything smaller than an airplane on Signal Mtn. and it could take years to find, not too mention the area between the town and Dunlap.

Exactly! They cannot consider Signal Mountain searched, and at this point it may be until Winter if there is something out there.

I was speculating also, along with Signal Mtn. encompassing Central and Eastern time zones. So locals usually go by one or the other depending on work, or something time sensitive (e.g., catch a plane in Nashville). If GP remained on EST and with her sister on EST it means it was actually 5:30 AM in AL when the call came in/out? But, then she would have left 8AM EST to arrive back on Signal by Noon. Either way, 8 hour drive time for a 24 hour period shows a sense of urgency to return...JMHO

The urgency to return, along with a pattern of calling LE, seems to contradict with the theory of an abused spouse (her).

"On My Behalf" can be a term used to indicate that the PI was doing what he was asked to do and not there on his own accord. It isn't necessarily the indicator you presented, just to be fair.

Also, "Rest assured, Gail's sudden departure from the Lake house was absolutely due to something she learned to take away her peace there."... is this something that is fact or your opinion? Please clarify.

My curiosity with the PI going to AL is....Is he working with LE in SG on MP's behalf...since he has cooperated fully with LE? Did SG LE know he was going to AL? Did he or MP call LE in AL and tell them about AD having the DVR--with possible evidence of Gail's missing? I'd say probably not since he troubled himself to drive all the way there to deliver a letter. This letter sounds to me more of the same in MP wanting to take care of his "goodies" ....his property---which at that time was still GP's too. Did MP see GP as his property too? Did he think he had gained control of GP after she stopped working.....thought he had the right too? Did he transform into a King George? JMO

Praying we find you Gail and you'll have many more peaceful days at the lake house with the kids. You can set on banks and reflect in the water many years from now how great it was in seeing your kids grow up there.

We really don't know at this point how the DVR comes into play. AD stated she picked it for GP and may never have been installed.

The urgency to return, along with a pattern of calling LE, seems to contradict with the theory of an abused spouse (her).

Why contradict? Her behavior (changing the pins, hiding the money, passports and documents at her friends) shows clearly that she didn't trust her husband. And maybe she returned home so fast just because of that. Because she didn't trust Matthew and was afraid of the things he could do.

His behavior is borderline despicable. I was trying not to jump to conclusions with this case, but the things I am learning about him are making up my mind for me.

The recording may hold a piece of it, but GP may have held the rest of it. She knew about the affair, was in the process of the divorce (sending documents to Arlene) so there would be no reason for her to run (for her life) or have something done to her. WHAT IF what the recording proved and GP could testify could affect his career, future life? JMHO!

Why contradict? Her behavior (changing the pins, hiding the money, passports and documents at her friends) shows clearly that she didn't trust her husband. And maybe she returned home so fast just because of that. Because she didn't trust Matthew and was afraid of the things he could do.

First let me say that as most relationships, I doubt either of them are without fault.

Now, it appears you are equating mistrust with abuse.

Consider the evidence.

Look at her past pattern. In a dispute, LE was called. I don't recall any of those calls to LE resulted in an abuse charge.

No abuse reported, her leaving to go to AL, her going back to Signal Mountian, her dropping the kids off at the house (presumably alone) and not calling LE indicates that she was not in fear of abuse.

Those things could indicate an unstable person.

If she was in fear for her life, I would expect her to secure the children in a safe place and not the items that she did. If she in fear for her life, I would expect her not to return the kids to Signal Mountain. If she was in fear for her life, I would expect her to call LE while in AL.

Her behaviour seems more bizare than his.

Her actions and a lack of finding the Jeep, points to a self disappearance.

Exactly! They cannot consider Signal Mountain searched, and at this point it may be until Winter if there is something out there.

They covered all the subdivisions and side roads....and prolly some dirt roads and a few trails, but no way could they have covered all the trails on that mountain....never touched getting back into the untrailed spots and wilderness. I'd really like to see all of the outfitter and recreational businesses in the area covered with posters. Wouldn't hurt to post whereever the locals go to get their fishing or hunting licenses also. Have local media ask recreationers to be on the look out. Posters at the forest entries, campsites, etc. Bait and tackle shops...gun shops. Uhhhghh... I could go on.....Ranger stations.....ANYONE that would have a reason to go into the terrain of that mountain. I'm sure there are other activities going on back on that mountain or in it's vicinity. Pot growers, meth labs, maybe even yet stills....I hope LE checks out those areas and they prolly have a good idea of where and who. I know I wouldn't want to come across the owners.

Is this what happen with the ATV drivers? Why did that guy shoot them?

The recording may hold a piece of it, but GP may have held the rest of it. She knew about the affair, was in the process of the divorce (sending documents to Arlene) so there would be no reason for her to run (for her life) or have something done to her. WHAT IF what the recording proved and GP could testify could affect his career, future life? JMHO!

Can you provide a link with information related to the affair?

She dropped the kids off and left. Doesn't sound like she wanted to be there if he came home. He "proposed" to meet her there.....MP never stated if she agreed and I don't think I've heard from the sister that GP told her she was going to that day. If I'm wrong, please someone correct me. Sounds like there may have been fear of abuse.....or worse.

First let me say that as most relationships, I doubt either of them are without fault.

Now, it appears you are equating mistrust with abuse.

Consider the evidence.

Look at her past pattern. In a dispute, LE was called. I don't recall any of those calls to LE resulted in an abuse charge.

No abuse reported, her leaving to go to AL, her going back to Signal Mountian, her dropping the kids off at the house (presumably alone) and not calling LE indicates that she was not in fear of abuse.

Those things could indicate an unstable person.

If she was in fear for her life, I would expect her to secure the children in a safe place and not the items that she did. If she in fear for her life, I would expect her not to return the kids to Signal Mountain. If she was in fear for her life, I would expect her to call LE while in AL.

Her behaviour seems more bizare than his.

Her actions and a lack of finding the Jeep, points to a self disappearance.

Let me quarter back this statement-fwiw I dont know if I believe that this means SHE was not in fear of abuse. I believe it shows she did not believe her CHILDREN would be abused while in his care.

Multiple calls and lack of "charges" being pressed does not indicate instability exclusively. It indicates a woman who would not press charges against her spouse. I am not familiar enough with Signal Mountain to know how they handle domestic calls...my friend in the Northeast was permitted to take her children out of state while her spouse was held at the house. She declined to press charges as well. Which did not mean that there was no evidence. Her decision was based upon her desire NOT to have her husband dragged out in cuffs in front of her terrified children.

When she came back, she filed for and received an order of protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer