AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that the uncle make a lot of people's hinky meters go up but my goodness. Just because someone looks a certain way does not make them a criminal. And just because someone may post certain things on Facebook does not mean they would ever molest a child. I have seen MANY comments of this nature about Isabel's uncle and it just really bugs me.

I think it is because he so closely fits the profile of this case. This little girl was probably taken by someone very close to the family, considering the way she disappeared. And his was the first face and voice we heard. So some of us are going to be suspicious of him, given his odd choice of words and weird FB topics. I have not ruled him out yet.

I hate that LE can't seem to rule the parents out...it makes me think they are not any closer than the day she was discovered to be missing...

I personally think that they are just not going to rule out anyone until they arrest someone.
I don't think that it means they believe the parents had anything to do with it. They may know they did not.

We've seen it done in other cases, even when it was clear the parents were ruled out.
They were not "officially" ruled out until someone else was "officially" ruled in. That's just how some LE work. :twocents:

Since no one saw Isa leaving ... they can't know for SURE what she had on. We have this problem with other cases. :moo:

The question "What was she last seen wearing?" DOES have an answer, and the parents who put her to bed know what she had on at that time. ONLY if that outfit is still at the house would I entertain the possibilty she was NOT wearing that.

I understand that the uncle make a lot of people's hinky meters go up but my goodness. Just because someone looks a certain way does not make them a criminal. And just because someone may post certain things on Facebook does not mean they would ever molest a child. I have seen MANY comments of this nature about Isabel's uncle and it just really bugs me.

I agree. He's a single young man. That he likes bikini season or half naked women would not be something that would point to him being a pedophile in my book.

However, I do note that he appeared to move to AZ a year ago and posted he loved being loved and being an uncle, once he got to AZ. Nothing sinister there at all, but any change in the family dynamic should be looked at by LE.

I personally think that they are just not going to rule out anyone until they arrest someone.
I don't think that it means they believe the parents had anything to do with it. They may know they did not.

We've seen it done in other cases, even when it was clear the parents were ruled out.
They were not "officially" ruled out until someone else was "officially" ruled in. That's just how some LE work. :twocents:

I understand that...yet they keep saying they are included as POI's...as opposed to Sierra's case, for instance, where LE pretty much said very early on that the family was cleared. It bothers me that LE keeps reinforcing this, and JMO anyway.

I can't shake the feeling of the uncle. Hope I can say this. Molestation by an uncle is quite common, more than you would think. It happened to me and my mother and many other girls that I have talked to over the years. (snip)

ME TOO. :hug:

Happened to my Mom as well. She and my Dad were both only children, so I never had aunts, uncles or cousins, which has always made me sad. Now I guess I should be relieved.

The person who took her also knows what she had on at the time.
That could be one of those things used to weed out false confessions or false tips.

They aren't likely to leave her in the same clothes she was wearing anyway.
But say they interview someone who claims he abducted her... they ask him what she was wearing and he says "a pink princess nightgown..."
If she doesn't even own one... or they know that's not what she was wearing, then they know he's just guessing.

Same reason they don't release cause of death in homicide cases... or whether the victim was clothed, restrained, etc.

The question "What was she last seen wearing?" DOES have an answer, and the parents who put her to bed know what she had on at that time. ONLY if that outfit is still at the house would I entertain the possibilty she was NOT wearing that.

ITA. :twocents:

In most cases, they DO say what the victim was last wearing and are pretty specific, if they know...in case someone finds an item of clothing in an unusual place...JMO

I understand that...yet they keep saying they are included as POI's...as opposed to Sierra's case, for instance, where LE pretty much said very early on that the family was cleared. It bothers me that LE keeps reinforcing this, and JMO anyway.

But how do you "prove" you were just sleeping. KWIM?

Some cases, fellow employees/time clock can be proof. Cell phone pings can place a person away from the "scene". Sleeping ... how do you "prove" that?

:twocents:

In most cases, they DO say what the victim was last wearing and are pretty specific, if they know...in case someone finds an item of clothing in an unusual place...JMO

Have there been any public searches. I know LE has conducted searches but has Klass been there or any of the people searching? tia

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14564/0/

Isabel was last seen at home at approximately 11:30 p.m. on April 20, 2012. She is missing one top and one bottom tooth. Isabel was last seen wearing a blue tank top and navy blue basketball shorts.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1193092&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Same here.

However, the VP of the center stated she was there VERY early that morning. I would of thought he would have said she reported for her normal shift or something like that.

I wish they would be more specific than, 'very early'.

Have there been any public searches. I know LE has conducted searches but has Klass been there or any of the people searching? tia

Not that I've read about. Just LEOs.

I don't want to think this, but the way LE is behaving I am starting to think that they think this was an inside job...JMO and just an impression I can't quite explain.

That wording IS peculiar and keeps bothering me, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She could have come in earlier for someone that needed to leave earlier and she might have come in earlier, to get off earlier with a co-worker covering for her.

I would hope anyone who finds ANY young kids clothes in an unusual place would call it in anyway... with a missing child.
What if they change her clothes more than once, then leave the change of clothes behind as well?
Even kids who have been found within a day or two, were generally in different clothes, sometimes with a haircut as well.

HLN talked about this at the top of the hour.
They showed a clip of the neighbor and said something about an interview with the neighbor tonight.

I didn't hear if it was replaying the entire interview with the neighbor or a new interview with the neighbor.

If it is a new interview, I didn't hear who would be doing the interview... but I could take a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh