2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, just putting this out there, not to cause a ruckus but some people have used the fact that CA was a nurse as a reason for why she should have known certain things. While I have a great deal of respect for the nursing/medical professional, I have run across a few nurses who were questionable. Clueless to the point that I questioned their training.

Recently had a nurse in the ER who did not know how to operate a manual blood pressure cuff. The electronic one they had on the wall had malfunctioned and she had to go get a superior to take my husbands blood pressure with the cuff.

Just sayin' that assuming CA was a nurse of the highest caliber, best training, might be stretching things a bit.

No disrespect intended, my grandma was a neo-natal pediatric nurse for a large part of her life. I was under the impression that CA was a nurse who processed paperwork for an agency, home health claims and stuff like that. Am I wrong about that?

ETA: Not only that but when I call the Ask A Nurse hotline that my insurance co recommends they always tell me to "call my doctor". LOL

All I know is.... I'm ready for this trial to be DONE and that sweet little girl get the justice that's due her. All this CRAP the defense keeps creating, and slowing down the process is wearing me OUT.

MOO and stuff.

I just measured my standard sliding door from the floor to bottom of where the handle (black part) starts and it is 40". I think there may be an issue of this childs size. BTW I am in FL. Have 4 sliders out the back. 3 standard and 1 pocket slider. All measure 40" to bottom of handle and my house is almost 20 years old.

I have an 80's built home, in Tx and mine are 35in from floor to bottom of handle. (black handle as well)

To me, their slider doesn't look original to house (was anything ever testified about door age?)

My Boxers can open the slider from inside or outside, unless I use the block-bar attached to the inner middle of door. FWIW

They try and work THAT, too (the bar). Thank goodness they haven't gotten it right *yet*!

I measured from the floor to the bottom of the handle on my sliding glass door and it measures 36".

CayleeSldgDr.jpg

The little girl in this image would be 34"-35" tall. How tall was Caylee?

I did the same thing yesterday when everyone was saying Caylee looked too tall. 36-39" is average height for a three yr old toddler. I do agree with others that the tennis shoes look wrong. I don't think I've ever seen any photos of Caylee in shoes like that.

I think the door was open to that point and maybe Caylee was trying to open it more or something. But if offered to show she had opened it to that point I think it was false. I can't use one hand to open my sliders nor can my 13 yr old boy twins so the idea a 3 yr old could is not credible.

the picture looks like the middle part of the body is way too long.

something aint right with it.

I think someone is pulling some "hucksterism"

When this trial first started, JP estimated it would take between 6-8 weeks and we are now on week 5, I believe. This trial will end on schedule for what everyone had been told.

To get a butt chewing?

A change of strategy for one of my guesses, something they have been trying to do but the judge has not let them. They would not want the SA to know it. Many times the Judge has referred them back to their opening stmt.

I may need to take a moment out and go look up chlorophyll or chloroform, my 2-yorkies have been sleeping way too much this morning. LOL

Okay - turned HLN off - and had my shower. Ions now perfectly aligned.:innocent:

Here's what popped into my head directly from my Muse as I was not thinking about this case - kinda sorta.

HHJP has really been leaning on the DT to walk their talk. He mentioned it again yesterday - Mr. Baez a bit of everything or some more isn't going to do it. You've made your opening statements and I'm holding you to them ( or something close to that)

So what if Baez talked to George, found out he is argumentative and not at all inclined to fall on his sword.

Baez's only remedy is to put ICA on the stand - so he told her she has to - he insists more than firmly. She tattletails to Mason, the protective grandfatherly type, he talks to HHJP along with the rest of the DT, ICA sheds a few quiet tears while CM is expounding - HHJP talks to Baez, CM, blah blah, comes back into the courtroom and rules that's it for the day, and ICA gives HHJP a teeny smile of gratitude.

So just how much of a legal stink would that cause? Curious LG with ions perfectly aligned wants to know....

Where did you see that?

Last night on JPirro the THs commented that he was not qualified.... maybe he was watching.
JPirro responded 'Who's choice is that? He has two other skilled attys with him, he's just not using them'...

Just watched it happen live, as mentioned here too.

They were discussing whether him sitting second seat on a couple of dp cases made him qualified on paper and when they came back from break they said he had just called to correct them and told them how many he had done and that he was qualified to do a dp case.

Where did you see that?

Last night on JPirro the THs commented that he was not qualified.... maybe he was watching.
JPirro responded 'Who's choice is that? He has two other skilled attys with him, he's just not using them'...

This morning, Beth K. was talking about the qualifications to be lead counsel and reading off the specific number of cases at each level they had to have and then a few minutes later, Beth reported that JB had just contacted her and gave her the specifics of how many trials he had in each area to show that he was qualified. The commentators (JVM, BK and JC were all amazed that JB was watching their coverage)

I may need to take a moment out and go look up chlorophyll or chloroform, my 2-yorkies have been sleeping way too much this morning. LOL

I have bamboo......perhaps I could try and get my Great Dane to eat some? :waitasec:

One of the many things that bothers me about all this is that CA is a Nurse, GA is XLE. I am none of those thing, just a Mom. When my children were small, I knew not to leave alcohol, acetone or any type of substance that I felt would be dangerous for them. I had child locks on all cabinets that contained such substances or were stored up high where they could not reach. I even put soaps out of their reach. I also had a pool at my home at the time and had a latch lock on the door leading to the pool as well as a door alarm that would make a noise if the door was opened which I could hear from anywhere in my home. So, my point is why would this Nurse have to research any of the ingredients in hand sanitzer? Why would they not put some kind of lock on the door leading to the pool if they felt that Caylee could open it easily? These are the reasons why I do not believe that CA researched any of that on the computer and I do not believe that Caylee could have easily have opened the door at that point in time or they would have latched it.

Mare, I agree, it's just good common sense. they even say they had those safeties....except on the door? Puleeeeeze.

That's what I cannot get! They seemed to be loving and good grandparents. Why then the backtracking and lies now? It's all so sick and just plain ole weird to me, I cannot get it. I think that there ARE lies and secrets going on here, but only to cover for a murder. Sometimes I think they all know exactly what happened and yet they still cover it up anyway. None of them ever gets upset unless it is about them. GA only gets upset when his XLE experience comes up, LA is only upset that they didn't let him in the loop, and CA is only upset that she is being called out as a liar. Only when called on the carpet do they get upset. The only conclusion that makes sense to me is they are all in on it in some capacity. I am sorry if that's harsh, but it is just my take on things.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28355927/index.html

at the 9:25 mark CM says "I have an entirely different subject I 'd like to ask of you"

they then approach the Sidebar and are there until around 12:00.. the state sits down and the entire defense team including ICA leave the courtroom.

they were behind closed doors for about 12 more minutes... at which point ICA walks back in looking upset and sits next to DS.

PT joins the rest of the DT (sans DS) at another sidebar and ICA reads along for a bit... at one point they leave again and DS shuts the laptop (I am assuming this is when it was under seal?) and ICA joins them again out of the courtroom

At the end she was talking with JB.

I personally don't think that she fired him... I think it is something else... ((as to what who knows))

I agee. The left arm on the door is out of proportion with right arm but both legs appear to be in proportion!

Maybe its angle, but the proportion of leg length is way off. Look at the scale of top of head to waist, and then waist to toe. Too weird.

No. For something personal like that the reactions among all would be different. KC would be doing her fake pity/sympathy face and not her pouty face. And CM would not be shouting at JB and ICA back in chambers.

Honestly (and only half joking) my first thought was CM approached the court to declare "your honor I was just diagnosed with Alzheimers". But the surrounding actions and reaction just don't add up.

More and more I think that CM either reported some sort of questionable JB act, or simply he wants out and has requested to be allowed to depart.

BBM
Information gets twisted a lot from what people read and hear. Kathi Belich tweeted that she heard CM's raised voice in the backroom...but a couple mnutes later another reporter at the court tweeted that CM was laughing loudly enough for them to hear. Now it's going from hearing CM's voice (possibly laughing) to him screaming at JB and ICA?

Haven't followed that closely and have a question....was LA ever tested for DNA and if so were those results made public? I watched him on the stand and have to wonder why he was so emotional and upset over not being told about the pregnancy or Casey going into labor. Why would the family shut him out? Is it because he has had sex with Casey and maybe it was possible he was the father of little Caylee and they knew it?

Let us know if your computer randomly starts playing a skate boarding video.

Okay - turned HLN off - and had my shower. Ions now perfectly aligned.:innocent:

Here's what popped into my head directly from my Muse as I was not thinking about this case - kinda sorta.

HHJP has really been leaning on the DT to walk their talk. He mentioned it again yesterday - Mr. Baez a bit of everything or some more isn't going to do it. You've made your opening statements and I'm holding you to them ( or something close to that)

So what if Baez talked to George, found out he is argumentative and not at all inclined to fall on his sword.

Baez's only remedy is to put ICA on the stand - so he told her she has to - he insists more than firmly. She tattletails to Mason, the protective grandfatherly type, he talks to HHJP along with the rest of the DT, ICA sheds a few quiet tears while CM is expounding - HHJP talks to Baez, CM, blah blah, comes back into the courtroom and rules that's it for the day, and ICA gives HHJP a teeny smile of gratitude.

So just how much of a legal stink would that cause? Curious LG with ions perfectly aligned wants to know....

I like it, BUT...

There were other witnesses in the hall all lined up. Don't think HHJP would stop the trial for that, BUT...

Thinking further, yes, that could be a whopper of an issue if JB insists KC testify at any time and she tells CM she does not want to, and CM feels obligated to tell HHJP to avoid legal issues down the line

I like it! ;)

OR the opposite- she is demanding to testify, which would seem more likely since the DT probably do not want her to testify. The only way this could make a stink is if she wanted to testify that they did not really molest her and JB refuses to let her say that and she is claiming that JB made her lie about that, BUT there is testimony from other people that she has said the thing about LA before, so who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member