2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was a legal matter they needed to take up, why did the defense team leave and presumably the SA?

He talked about it in cross yesterday. He said he had reached out to Baez and gone to his office to tell him something he heard while sitting in court.

That's not exactly what he said...he said the last time he was in court, during break (prior to him getting called) he was present for a discussion that included his parents and information came out that he thought was important for Jose to be made aware of.

Wow! The stuff that happens when you sleep in a little, do a couple of things around the house, and then finally get on the ole PC. Remind me not to do that again!

ICA will never plea. She truly doesn't think she did anything wrong. And, as screwy (that's not exactly a medical term btw) as the family dynamics are, I still believe that if there were real abuse going on in that house ICA would have cried it from the top of the LE office when they brought her in for questioning. ICA has been always told that she is indeed the special snowflake, and there is no way she'd spend three years behind bars for anybody. No way.

There is something afoot - I can smell it all the way from Orlando. Even if it doesn't reveal itself on Monday I think we will find out when the sidebars are freed up to us inquiring minds.

I was going to put on HLN for a bit but I think I'll take a break and watch a flick instead. Don't want Netflix to think I've abandoned them.

All this brouhaha stemmed from a sidebar that CM asked for. It just now occurred to me, why would he have to call for a sidebar when the jury isn't even in the court room? That tells me it was something CM didn't want US to hear.

I find that interesting.

Excellent point. We know CM is fond of "showboating" and "strutting" even without a jury present. Given the sealing of the transcripts, I agree it is something he did not want "out there" yet.

Geez, peeps, remember this is a public proceeding, the circumstances under which the defense team can meet with the judge without the SA present and under which the Judge can seal the transcript of the proceedings is extremely limited. A motion to recuse the judge is not a matter that the judge could seal or which could justify the exclusion of the SA. It has to do with a matter concerning a defense lawyer and/or KC and which involves a right to privacy, a medical matter/private matter or something dealing with KC's rights or private matter that would be prejudicial to her due process rights if disclosed.

Okay - turned HLN off - and had my shower. Ions now perfectly aligned.:innocent:

Here's what popped into my head directly from my Muse as I was not thinking about this case - kinda sorta.

HHJP has really been leaning on the DT to walk their talk. He mentioned it again yesterday - Mr. Baez a bit of everything or some more isn't going to do it. You've made your opening statements and I'm holding you to them ( or something close to that)

So what if Baez talked to George, found out he is argumentative and not at all inclined to fall on his sword.

Baez's only remedy is to put ICA on the stand - so he told her she has to - he insists more than firmly. She tattletails to Mason, the protective grandfatherly type, he talks to HHJP along with the rest of the DT, ICA sheds a few quiet tears while CM is expounding - HHJP talks to Baez, CM, blah blah, comes back into the courtroom and rules that's it for the day, and ICA gives HHJP a teeny smile of gratitude.

So just how much of a legal stink would that cause? Curious LG with ions perfectly aligned wants to know....

Maybe.....that's it. Logically, if they don't have anything on RK since they NOW know the SA team has the evidence and they don't, (like to add I really believe the DT has had that info all along) they are now trying AGAIN to change their strategy and HHJP is once again holding their feet to the fire to produce what they've accused innocent people of. Since they feel they can't do that, they called ICA in to put before her she needs to take the stand. She doesn't want to and now the DT is stymied as to what to do. I can see CM getting upset with both JB and ICA for wanting to change the strategy at this juncture. That may have aided in the tears from ICA. They may feel they've done all they can do and she won't do what she could do to help her case...........why.......because she's told so many lies, she doesn't remember what she's said. What I don't get is what got GA upset?

All this brouhaha stemmed from a sidebar that CM asked for. It just now occurred to me, why would he have to call for a sidebar when the jury isn't even in the court room? That tells me it was something CM didn't want US to hear.

I find that interesting.
And now all this info has been sealed as well!

ITA about it having to do with the DT and ICA - the SA was not really all that concerned or included in the beginning.

Maybe ICA want to change her plea? hahahahahhaha - doubt it - but it could happen - save HER life (which it always has to be all about her - remember?)

Also, don't think its about HHJP asking to be recused either. He's the best and most competent around - would only be a step down to try to get a different judge now. Much less - it would be mistrial and everyone would just pick up their toys and go home.

What did Geraldo say? He spoke to JP? What about?

"At lunch at a restaurant across from the courthouse, I had a friendly chat with Judge Belvin Perry, telling him about my sailboat race to Bermuda and that all anyone there wanted to talk about was Casey Anthony. He laughed and shook my hand and told me he was glad to see me in town.
Finally, as is being reported, I did have lunch in that same restaurant a couple of tables away with defense attorney Jose Baez who expressed deep frustration over what he believes to be rulings from the bench that limit his ability to make the abuse argument, however implausible. He also told me he expects to wrap his case by Wednesday, which with the prosecution’s rebuttal case means this will not be over until after the July 4 holiday."

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/06/2...ey-details-her-courtroom-demeanor/#more-70965

IMO CA perjured herself on the stand per the computer searches. If someone suspected that their pet might of become ill after eating a plant the logical thing to do is search "Is Bamboo toxic to pets"....NOT do a search for chlorophyll / chloroform! Hope th ejury saw through that!

OMG- did everyone catch on HLN that JB actually just contacted Beth K. to tell her his qualifications??? They are watching HLN and JB just had to call and let them know??? CRAZY!!!

See what I meant in the Websleuths Radio thread about them being buddies? I want to know why she is his Facebook buddy. I want to know how many times they've dined out together like JVM and Baez have done.

I hate media pandering.

I understand why it happens, but I then cannot be expected to believe too much that comes out of said media's mouths.

Credibility issues in my book.

I feel the same way when I hear about network execs and anchors partying in NYC and Washington DC with lobbyists and politicians. Ought to be a law.

JMO

Could any of this be that Casey is mad that Mason opened the door yesterday to the stolen credit card?

Is there any way to get the real picture...not only does it look staged, but also why on earth would they take this picture-it just looks absolutely fake, and this was my honest opinion since it was presented yesterday.

This is what I thought when I first saw this photo. If you have a pool, and a young child lives with you why would let her open the door, I thought CA made sure baby Caylee knew to not go outside alone, so why let her open the door, and then take time to take a photo, I would think you use this opportunity to teach her, to tell her NO! YOU do NOT open this door. I don't know if this is baby Caylee in this photo. Without seeing her face it's hard for me to tell.

Geraldo also said he had lunch with JB on thursday (i think) and the tweets started coming out that DT would rest on Friday per JB to Geraldo.

Have I mentioned how much I dislike Geraldo, he has hurt other cases, too and he has also hurt our military, imo--through his 'reporting'.

I can't believe FOX keep-s him around. I will just stop at that.

Bombshell! Breaking News! CA breaks down! Who is Roy Kronk!

Oy vegas, HLN should change their name to TMZ Too.

Not being mean or anything but what is recuse? Is that excuse or rescue?

Recusal is when the judge has to remove himself from the case due to a conflict of interest. There's a wikipedia article on "judicial disqualification" if you're interested.

I am still awaiting the sidebar transcripts from yesterday or was it Thursday?

What day is it??

I just got an email from someone saying fox is reporting that maybe DT has filed a motion asking to recuse the judge....in which case trial has to stop til motion is heard....any thoughts?

IDK, but this seems off base. If so, why would ICA be upset?

Whatever happened had to do with Casey and C. Mason this morning. It happened behind the DOOR. Everything is speculation but my guess is that someone is claiming some judicial misconduct.

Thankx grandma - I missed that last night - so Geraldo said he actually spoke with HHJP? When and where did this happen? Did it happen at all? I'm not buying it - HHJP knows better than to talk to ANY media - much less Geraldo (who is quite recognizable - KWIM).

Now, Geraldo may have spoken to HHJP in previous times - years ago? Months ago? About another trial - possibly? But Geraldo speaking to HHJP since this trial has been going on? Nope - not a chance.

JMHO

I agree. IMO, there's no way HHJP would give the time of day to Geraldo during the course of this trial.

WOW none of us even speculated that direction

I've had the same thoughts this morning, pinkfly. Reason being that end of court yesterday, the Judge said to Baez that it's late in the game to be going after red herrings. The look on Baez' face was 'stunned', then he was shaking his head 'no'. I think his ego took a huge hit. After all, what do the DT have except red herrings? IIRC, the Judge also stated that he had yet to hear a theory of the defense, insinuating they are all over the place, which they are. Just an idea. The only problem is, why would CM be bringing it to the Judge's attention instead of JB?

ETA: Also thinking about JA's statement to JB to "bring it". Casey seemed extremely surprised and offended by this. Could she be filing some kind of motion concerning this? Again, just another guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998