TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crushed and scared to death on top of I'd think. Considering the suspect tried to involve her in something!

I know of one case of a missing child where someone was named by LE as a POI, then later, in a public announcement, cleared and taken off that status.

Does anyone know of a case of a missing child where someone was named a Suspect, and then later, officially taken off that status? I can't think of any off-hand, and just wondered if anybody else happened to know of one.

I know of one case of a missing child where someone was named by LE as a POI, then later, in a public announcement, cleared and taken off that status.

Does anyone know of a case of a missing child where someone was named a Suspect, and then later, officially taken off that status? I can't think of any off-hand, and just wondered if anybody else happened to know of one.

Not one who also failed a LD, I don't think?

Not one who also failed a LD, I don't think?

What about EE? The girl they just found passed away?
The 19 yr old son was arrested (for what i do not know and said to be involved, he and his dad were both arrested and booked at the same time, son was let go bonded out or something) and now his father is in jail for kidnapping and probably murder real soon. I don't know a lot of cases, there is probably more..

I agree that any of your possibilities are more likely than these, but still, a NON-criminal reason could have been:

Had headphones on listening to very loud music
Was in a very deep, sound sleep and wakes very slowly
Had television on so loud he didn't hear the knocking
Was in the shower and running water obscured the knocking
On the phone with someone and so focused he didn't notice knocking
In drugged stupor along with any of above

Any of these could have him shocked/frightened to see DD suddenly, since he hadn't HEARD the knocking, knew the doors were locked, and didn't expect him to be inside the house, causing "deer in headlights" look.

Of course, my best guess is none of the above. I think he was probably up to no good, almost caught, and hence the "look". If that was DD's first, pure, unfiltered, gut-level, knee-jerk intuition, I'd tend to give it considerable credence.

BUT, it could also be an entirely innocent thing. (don't think so)
POSSIBLE, though. :waitasec:

Its funny that you mention this because I was thinking of a couple very adult reasons why SA may have had the doors locked and why he would also have the "deer in headlights" look when DD came in...

I realize that, but I guess I'm counting on the fact that he probably wouldn't go on national television stating that he had actually spoke with and confirmed this with the Texas Rangers if it wasn't true. If he did, his credibility with them would be no longer...just sayin..

eta~I DID NOT say TR administered the poly..only "INVOLVED IN"... that makes me feel more confident anyway..

BBM

Pondering, you'd think so, but when Ransom stated it was Michael Board from WOAI who said this - well, let's just say that Mr. Board has got a promising new career in small town city management ahead of him. :clown:

Earlier today, Board was on HLN stating that SA is the one and ONLY POI in Hailey's case, and not a suspect. :eyeroll:

What about EE? The girl they just found passed away?
The 19 yr old son was arrested (for what i do not know and said to be involved, he and his dad were both arrested and booked at the same time, son was let go bonded out or something) and now his father is in jail for kidnapping and probably murder real soon. I don't know a lot of cases, there is probably more..

Good example. His own father implicating him at the beginning, telling cops the girl ran off with his son.

Just trying to clear the muddiness a little....

DD spent the night with a friend Sunday night, and returned home Monday. Billie called DD on her cell phone (which was at her house for the kids to use) around noon on Tuesday. He was at home when she called him.

Can someone please post a link about DD getting Clint when he had to pound on the door and then went through a window to get into the house when the door was locked? I don't remember hearing this one before. tia

MB must be crushed! I feel so bad for her. :(

When I first read the transcript of the video interview with MB's mom on 1/23, I thought she seemed upset, and completely understood why.

I just now watched the video and got a whole different vibe. As a few wise posters advised, sometimes you need to watch the person talking to put the words in context of the intent. Video link below:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334376

Billie Dunn said she was overwhelmed by the gracious gift. "Mentally I know I can't go back to work. I think of Hailey 24 ours a day so I know I can't focus there," said Dunn. She said she was starting to worry how the bills would get paid.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=335376

You know, it's a very rare thing that I comment on these things, but I'm gonna comment on this one, because I am truly shocked.

I can't for the life of me understand why Billie would be given money, and Clint not. Billie failed her poly, walked out of the interrogation, has a list a mile long of what I'll graciously call discrepancies, went out and made a drug buy at a time she said they were broke although she had two children to take care of at the time.

And there's Clint, who LE clearly has no qualms about, since he doesn't even have to take a poly, is out every day going around handing out fliers, following up on leads, has an infant to take care of.

I just can not understand this.

I really hope that somebody didn't get hold of Diena and lie to her, or withhold information from her, and manipulate her and play on her sympathies, because for the love of God, that woman has been through way more than enough as it is.

I just don't get it.

Just trying to clear the muddiness a little....

*Snipped.

Can someone please post a link about DD getting Clint when he had to pound on the door and then went through a window to get into the house when the door was locked? I don't remember hearing this one before. tia

So DD was gone Sunday night and Monday night, do you know if he went home at all Monday? TIA.

So DD was gone Sunday night and Monday night, do you know if he went home at all Monday? TIA.

Crap sorry, I said the wrong days....my kids are talking to me. I will edit my OP. He spent the night SUNDAY and returned home MONDAY. When Billie called him TUESDAY, he was at home.

Again, sorry..... I just stirred up the mud on that one.

I always assumed house locked, no one answered door and DD crawled in the window. I don't remember reading anywhere if DD went over to CDs house soon after this incident or he just told him what happened later when HD couldn't be found. It would be a big red flag to me if DD went over to CD shortly or immediately after to specifically tell him what happened.

I am not sure what to make of doors being locked and SA not answering pounding at the door. It certainly adds to SAs strange/unusual behavior but so many details are left out of this story. Did SA normally lock doors? Was he just surprised that someone crawled in the window? Was he interrupted having sex (alone or with someone other than BD), getting high, watching *advertiser censored* or doing something else he didnt want to get caught doing. Even in the affidavit, the source of this info is two people who weren't there and not from DD himself.

Now if DD was upset by this and went to CD and to relay the story then that would be a situation I could not come up with an explanation for.

bbm~

One of the reasons the whole scenario alarmed me so much was because DD made it in the house (as I understood it) saw SA and then left to get CD. Of course it caused me to question what was SO UNUSUAL, beyond SA standing in the hallway with a deer in the headlights look to make DD get his dad? It sounds like IF this true at least you understand why it's so disturbing to me..TY for that!

In between cooking, I'm still listening/watching NG to try and find that clip..:banghead:..<my poor head..Patty is awesome at recording NG but I know there was a few nights that she missed. I know I heard it (as did others) but until I can find it, take it with a grain of salt..It is possible that it was in a news clip, but CD hasn't spoken often on the news, so I don't believe it was.

Like you, I first thought about DD interrupting something, but the affidavit says SA was just standing in the hallway ...with no further clarification. I also thought about the drug aspect regarding the deer/headlight look because years ago I actually climbed in my own laundry room window after I found out that my ex after having been clean for 6 yrs was back smoking crack. Something he went to GREAT lengths to hide from me since I had made it very clear years prior that I would be gone if it happened again and he knew I meant it. I had been suspicious and one day at work something told me something wasn't right (long story) so I got someone to give me a ride home..didn't have my keys since his car was in the shop and he had driven me to work and had my keys. My car was home (wasn't supposed to be, he was supposed to be @ work) so I walked quietly around back, opened the window, climbed in and there he was..He had heard me I guess and he knew he was stone cold busted. Looked EXACTLY like a Deer Caught In The Headlights...that was THE END of us anyway.

OK Let's elevate our posts out of the *advertiser censored* rated category. Tricia came in and warned about this about a week ago. Thanks.

I have searched and found many "links" that show Hailey at school but have been unable to open a single one! Does anyone have a suggestion ???

I believe Jaycee Duggard's stepfather was a person of interest in the beginning of the investigation of her disappearance.

Crap sorry, I said the wrong days....my kids are talking to me. I will edit my OP. He spent the night SUNDAY and returned home MONDAY. When Billie called him TUESDAY, he was at home.

Again, sorry..... I just stirred up the mud on that one.

No worries, I just snipped that out of my quote. TY.

I believe Jaycee Duggard's stepfather was a person of interest in the beginning of the investigation of her disappearance.

Did LE ever publicly clear him? I can't remember.

Courtesy of WOndergirl on the EE thread

"Two weeks, that's not very long on a case a like this," Powell said. "Look at what's going on in Colorado City."

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13912851

They are using Hailey's case taking a month(and still going) in comparison to EE's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie