TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #5

I do not claim specific details of all of the donation funds, but I do personally know one young lady involved in collecting money for the Bain Girls. (Both of them.) She is is a relative/friend of Jo Ann's & her family -- The Thompsons -- and extended family. And yes, she is a friend of Mark Johnson's as well -- as most of the JB's friends and family are. I do have mutual friends but you don't have to be an expert sleuth to figure this out on your own.

She has spoken out, asking media to give the girls and both the Bain and Johnson families privacy.The Johnson and Thompsons are tight nit in their communities, which stretch between here (Memphis) and Jackson, Tn. (These include Drummand, Sommerville, Whiteville and other small towns on the outskirts of Memphis.)

I went to college with this young lady's younger sister and, although was not close to the older sister, it has always been clear to anyone who meets her that she has a heart of gold. She has a great reputation in her community as a person who would give you the shirt off of her back, when she herself does not have much. Although I did start following the case from posts made on her FB page I had no idea she was related to JoAnn. She just wanted these girls brought home. I only made the connection today. (And she even shares Jo Ann's maiden name, Thompson.) This is not a woman wanting her time in the spotlight. This is a woman who wants to offer as much support possible to those girls period. And yes emotional support to the Johnson's and Thompson's as well. She is above trivial games and does not want to hurt anyone. She never mentions a negative word about GB, even pleads with others to leave him alone, when she knows that he has kept her family and friends away from the girls. As I said, most don't even know she is a relative of JB... this isn't about her 15 minutes.

And as far a the Johnson's and Thompson's relationship with the girls (the Bains girls), I am not dense enough to believe everything I read on Facebook. But I have not heard one bad word about the Johnson or Thompson families, from people who actually KNOW THESE PEOPLE. And yes, I believe MJ falls in as one of these people.

I probably won't be posting much on this thread anymore, because there isn't much knowledge here anymore. The page I linked to will probably be shut down by the creators soon, as trolls are coming in and the drama is ridiculous. They are starting a private forum soon so they can release information minus the b.s.

I do respect everyone's opinions here and thought I could see both perspectives, but after reading the obituaries my gut feeling that there is A LOT more to the story than we know (that GB and TB quite possibly do know). I'm starting to seriously question these two and it only makes me sadder for the girls. They had no respect to list AB's biological father or his side of the family and that's their decision. BUT TB (AND her children) were listed on the obituaries as AB's sister and JB's daughter. JB was not TB's biological OR adoptive daughter. This, to me, was a slap in the face to JB's family and gives me a creepy feeling. I hope I am wrong, for the sake of the little girls. I believe that the truth will come out and completely trust LE.

Anyway, Peace.

Edited to add that every penny raised will be split equally and put in two trust funds -- one for each girl.
Thank you for the information. I am with you. I am going to join the private forum too, as they won't be hounding me about being a verified local or whatever. I can just be me there, and say what I think without being attacked. I agree, the real information is not found on this thread, and when you try to enlighten folks, you get attacked. There is WAY more to the story and I have been shouting this phrase from the rooftop from the beginning.

I do not claim specific details of all of the donation funds, but I do personally know one young lady involved in collecting money for the Bain Girls. (Both of them.) She is is a relative/friend of Jo Ann's & her family -- The Thompsons -- and extended family. And yes, she is a friend of Mark Johnson's as well -- as most of the JB's friends and family are. I do have mutual friends but you don't have to be an expert sleuth to figure this out on your own.

She has spoken out, asking media to give the girls and both the Bain and Johnson families privacy.The Johnson and Thompsons are tight nit in their communities, which stretch between here (Memphis) and Jackson, Tn. (These include Drummand, Sommerville, Whiteville and other small towns on the outskirts of Memphis.)

I went to college with this young lady's younger sister and, although was not close to the older sister, it has always been clear to anyone who meets her that she has a heart of gold. She has a great reputation in her community as a person who would give you the shirt off of her back, when she herself does not have much. Although I did start following the case from posts made on her FB page I had no idea she was related to JoAnn. She just wanted these girls brought home. I only made the connection today. (And she even shares Jo Ann's maiden name, Thompson.) This is not a woman wanting her time in the spotlight. This is a woman who wants to offer as much support possible to those girls period. And yes emotional support to the Johnson's and Thompson's as well. She is above trivial games and does not want to hurt anyone. She never mentions a negative word about GB, even pleads with others to leave him alone, when she knows that he has kept her family and friends away from the girls. As I said, most don't even know she is a relative of JB... this isn't about her 15 minutes.

And as far a the Johnson's and Thompson's relationship with the girls (the Bains girls), I am not dense enough to believe everything I read on Facebook. But I have not heard one bad word about the Johnson or Thompson families, from people who actually KNOW THESE PEOPLE. And yes, I believe MJ falls in as one of these people.

I probably won't be posting much on this thread anymore, because there isn't much knowledge here anymore. The page I linked to will probably be shut down by the creators soon, as trolls are coming in and the drama is ridiculous. They are starting a private forum soon so they can release information minus the b.s.

I do respect everyone's opinions here and thought I could see both perspectives, but after reading the obituaries my gut feeling that there is A LOT more to the story than we know (that GB and TB quite possibly do know). I'm starting to seriously question these two and it only makes me sadder for the girls. They had no respect to list AB's biological father or his side of the family and that's their decision. BUT TB (AND her children) were listed on the obituaries as AB's sister and JB's daughter. JB was not TB's biological OR adoptive daughter. This, to me, was a slap in the face to JB's family and gives me a creepy feeling. I hope I am wrong, for the sake of the little girls. I believe that the truth will come out and completely trust LE.

Anyway, Peace.

Edited to add that every penny raised will be split equally and put in two trust funds -- one for each girl.

We certainly all are entitled to our opinions and I respect yours even though it varies from mine.
I applaud your friends sister that isn't bad mouthing GB and is trying to stay neutral for the girls sake.
As for that FB page-trolls are awful but if someone puts up a page like that it's to be expected that the trolls will invade. Silly that someone has that much time to waste on their hands. Some people are just strange.
Since you state you know some of the family of JB, can you tell us if there was a strained relationship there between her and her family before all of this happened? I'd really like to know and am betting that there was.
I think GB is being very protective of his family and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm also betting that JB's family didn't like the fact that she chose an older man to marry and help raise her kids and they had no say in it.
MJ on the other hand seems to be exploiting his role as the bio father of two of GB's daughters. Papers were signed, he gave up his rights, GB adopted the girls so it is what it is. I feel nothing but disgust by MJ and his antics at this point. By him choosing to act and do what he's doing and done he shows me who he really is. He wants acknowledged as the dad, yet he isn't any relation to these girls anymore.
With all due respect, it could be that you've not heard one thing bad about the Johnson and Thompson families because of the ones you obviously know and rely on for information-The Thompson and Johnson families.
As for MJ's name in the obituary. Why? He is of no relation to these girls!
It seems all about MJ with MJ to me, regardless of how many times and how many people say it isn't that way with him. His actions speak loudly to me and I'm sure many others. People standing up thinking he deserves some recognition for whatever, well, he's got my recognition but not the way he's wanting. To MJ I would say, grow up, you had moved on before this took place, you have three daughter with your girlfriend now, be a better dad than you obviously were before and don't give them up so someone else can pay to raise them, hopefully you've learned your lesson. AB and AB are no longer your daughters so you can scream and play the victim all you want but I'm not buying into it. You, MJ, are not a victim in any sense of the word.
I see more and more every day why JB and GB wanted to and was moving out of Peyton Place. Some people need to step back and know their place.

MOO

ETA: As for listing TB and JB as the family of JB and AB, they are family! They were JB's step children, and AB's siblings. They, unlike MJ, are legally related!

I feel like I'm usually a compassionate person but in this case because of MJ's actions and attitude, along with his family and friends, I have none left for him. Still today he ceases to do the right thing and makes this all about him when in all reality it should only be about the true victims. Today I'm thankful he gave up his rights to his two daughters with JB.

We have had some adoptions in our family. Even though they are not blood related they are loved so much by me and the others in our family as if they were blood. I can tell you there is no difference in my heart as to any of these kids in my family. I'm as protective and proud of them as I could be of anyone and they are mine. They grew in my heart, yes, but still they are my family. For someone to come back into their lives after they stepped out for whatever reason and stir the sheet pot makes me worry for them. They each know where they came from and they each know they were chosen. If they were taken from this world tomorrow I am certain that there would be no mention of birth parents in the obituary. It's not to say the birth parents are not appreciated. It's simply saying that they are our family now. They no longer are your family as of the time you signed your name on that line terminating your parental rights.
I do realize that some people choose to have a relationship with their birth parents when they get older and see nothing wrong with that, if it doesn't hurt anyone. Sometimes it works out and sometimes there's disappointment like my friend endured when she found out her mom was a prostitute and addicted to drugs. Sometimes a relationship can be built and sometimes one cannot.
I do realize it's an emotional sacrifice most times but the bio parents chose to do the right thing by their children at one time in their lives. Hopefully they'll continue to not be selfish and let the adopted child(ren) decide what steps are to be taken. It's the most respectful way.

MOO

We certainly all are entitled to our opinions and I respect yours even though it varies from mine.
I applaud your friends sister that isn't bad mouthing GB and is trying to stay neutral for the girls sake.
As for that FB page-trolls are awful but if someone puts up a page like that it's to be expected that the trolls will invade. Silly that someone has that much time to waste on their hands. Some people are just strange.
Since you state you know some of the family of JB, can you tell us if there was a strained relationship there between her and her family before all of this happened? I'd really like to know and am betting that there was.
I think GB is being very protective of his family and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm also betting that JB's family didn't like the fact that she chose an older man to marry and help raise her kids and they had no say in it.
MJ on the other hand seems to be exploiting his role as the bio father of two of GB's daughters. Papers were signed, he gave up his rights, GB adopted the girls so it is what it is. I feel nothing but disgust by MJ and his antics at this point. By him choosing to act and do what he's doing and done he shows me who he really is. He wants acknowledged as the dad, yet he isn't any relation to these girls anymore.
With all due respect, it could be that you've not heard one thing bad about the Johnson and Thompson families because of the ones you obviously know and rely on for information-The Thompson and Johnson families.
As for MJ's name in the obituary. Why? He is of no relation to these girls!
It seems all about MJ with MJ to me, regardless of how many times and how many people say it isn't that way with him. His actions speak loudly to me and I'm sure many others. People standing up thinking he deserves some recognition for whatever, well, he's got my recognition but not the way he's wanting. To MJ I would say, grow up, you had moved on before this took place, you have three daughter with your girlfriend now, be a better dad than you obviously were before and don't give them up so someone else can pay to raise them, hopefully you've learned your lesson. AB and AB are no longer your daughters so you can scream and play the victim all you want but I'm not buying into it. You, MJ, are not a victim in any sense of the word.
I see more and more every day why JB and GB wanted to and was moving out of Peyton Place. Some people need to step back and know their place.

MOO

ETA: As for listing TB and JB as the family of JB and AB, they are family! They were JB's step children, and AB's siblings. They, unlike MJ, are legally related!

Funny, you jump to the conclusion that JB and her family didn't get along. How do you know this information? Do you have inside sources? Is it just speculation to support GB? That's what I thought. There is nothing to suggest that JB and her family didn't get along. Even if they didn't get along, how do you excuse the behavior of dismissing her friends? Did you even know that there was a huge public fight between GB and JB the night prior to her death? How do I know this? It was posted by people who were there on FB!!!!!!!!! Did you know that GBs timeline changed with who he spoke to? He told LE one story and told numerous friends and family of JB a different story. Did you know that teachers and friends of the girls are selling T-shirts for them? Do you know where that money is going? It is going into a trust fund for each of them. Do you know what GBs daughter said? She said the money should go to her dad, LOL! The people of Hardeman County will open their pocketbooks to these girls. They just will be making sure that the girls receive the money. It isn't going to MJ, it is going to TRUST FUNDS. If the general public felt he was such an upstanding member of their community, they would be donating to HIS fund, not the one for the girls. We are talking about a small tight knit community. Everyone there knows everyone else and their business. Everyone there is kin to everyone else too. For instance, my grandmother had 11 children, and her parents had 9. Imagine all the kin folks I have in the community. It is this way with many families in the South. We might have reduced the size of our families over the last couple of generations, but we all have dozens of cousins, aunts, and uncles. The fact that the community sees the need to contribute to a fund that GB can't get his hands on speaks volumes, if you open your earlids and listen.

I feel like I'm usually a compassionate person but in this case because of MJ's actions and attitude, along with his family and friends, I have none left for him. Still today he ceases to do the right thing and makes this all about him when in all reality it should only be about the true victims. Today I'm thankful he gave up his rights to his two daughters with JB.

We have had some adoptions in our family. Even though they are not blood related they are loved so much by me and the others in our family as if they were blood. I can tell you there is no difference in my heart as to any of these kids in my family. I'm as protective and proud of them as I could be of anyone and they are mine. They grew in my heart, yes, but still they are my family. For someone to come back into their lives after they stepped out for whatever reason and stir the sheet pot makes me worry for them. They each know where they came from and they each know they were chosen. If they were taken from this world tomorrow I am certain that there would be no mention of birth parents in the obituary. It's not to say the birth parents are not appreciated. It's simply saying that they are our family now. They no longer are your family as of the time you signed your name on that line terminating your parental rights.
I do realize that some people choose to have a relationship with their birth parents when they get older and see nothing wrong with that, if it doesn't hurt anyone. Sometimes it works out and sometimes there's disappointment like my friend endured when she found out her mom was a prostitute and addicted to drugs. Sometimes a relationship can be built and sometimes one cannot.
I do realize it's an emotional sacrifice most times but the bio parents chose to do the right thing by their children at one time in their lives. Hopefully they'll continue to not be selfish and let the adopted child(ren) decide what steps are to be taken. It's the most respectful way.

MOO
Believe it or not, there are occasions where adults reach agreements that are mutually beneficial for them financially with regards to their children. From what I have read, this was the situation with this adoption. GB and JB and MJ reached an agreement that was financial in nature, and MJ still saw his girls. GB was able to add 2 more dependents to his disability payments, and MJ was no longer paying child support. Would I do this? Hell no. Does it happen? YES!

Also, I have not read anywhere that stated that JBs family didn't want her married to a man 30 years older than her. Everything that I have read states that JB and her family were not on bad terms. I have personally stated that it makes me feel icky and it is strange to marry someone 30 years older than you. Maybe JBs family felt like me, but I have seen nothing to indicate this. Link please?

Funny, you jump to the conclusion that JB and her family didn't get along. How do you know this information? Do you have inside sources? Is it just speculation to support GB? That's what I thought. There is nothing to suggest that JB and her family didn't get along. Even if they didn't get along, how do you excuse the behavior of dismissing her friends? Did you even know that there was a huge public fight between GB and JB the night prior to her death? How do I know this? It was posted by people who were there on FB!!!!!!!!! Did you know that GBs timeline changed with who he spoke to? He told LE one story and told numerous friends and family of JB a different story. Did you know that teachers and friends of the girls are selling T-shirts for them? Do you know where that money is going? It is going into a trust fund for each of them. Do you know what GBs daughter said? She said the money should go to her dad, LOL! The people of Hardeman County will open their pocketbooks to these girls. They just will be making sure that the girls receive the money. It isn't going to MJ, it is going to TRUST FUNDS. If the general public felt he was such an upstanding member of their community, they would be donating to HIS fund, not the one for the girls. We are talking about a small tight knit community. Everyone there knows everyone else and their business. Everyone there is kin to everyone else too. For instance, my grandmother had 11 children, and her parents had 9. Imagine all the kin folks I have in the community. It is this way with many families in the South. We might have reduced the size of our families over the last couple of generations, but we all have dozens of cousins, aunts, and uncles. The fact that the community sees the need to contribute to a fund that GB can't get his hands on speaks volumes, if you open your earlids and listen.
You might want to slow down and re-read my post I asked if the poster knew if there was a strained relationship between JB and her family.
As for your other comments about being attacked, I'm sorry you feel that way. I am of the opinion that I can disagree with and question someone without attacking them and feel they can do the same.
The reason you were asked if you were going to get on board as a verified local is so we knew the information we getting was from a local. Simple as that.
Even if I had a lot of kin folk in that area I would not rely on their information to make up my mind, especially if I didn't know these people. That would be their opinion I'd be passing on, not my own.
As for the trust funds I do agree that they should be set up where no one can get their hands on it, only the two daugthers when they reach a certain age.
A family fund for GB and MJ is what I was commenting on, though. Seems strange to me that one would be set up under the Johnson/Bain or Bain/Johnson family (can't remember the way it was put) which implies to me that the Johnson family would have access to it, since the girls are Bain's.

MOO

BBM
Believe it or not, there are occasions where adults reach agreements that are mutually beneficial for them financially with regards to their children. From what I have read, this was the situation with this adoption. GB and JB and MJ reached an agreement that was financial in nature, and MJ still saw his girls. GB was able to add 2 more dependents to his disability payments, and MJ was no longer paying child support. Would I do this? Hell no. Does it happen? YES!

Also, I have not read anywhere that stated that JBs family didn't want her married to a man 30 years older than her. Everything that I have read states that JB and her family were not on bad terms. I have personally stated that it makes me feel icky and it is strange to marry someone 30 years older than you. Maybe JBs family felt like me, but I have seen nothing to indicate this. Link please?
There is no link and if you go back and re-read my post it clearly states it is my opinion.
You sound very angry and I'm sorry if I've contributed to that in any way as it is not my intent.

MOO

You might want to slow down and re-read my post I asked if the poster knew if there was a strained relationship between JB and her family.
As for your other comments about being attacked, I'm sorry you feel that way. I am of the opinion that I can disagree with and question someone without attacking them and feel they can do the same.
The reason you were asked if you were going to get on board as a verified local is so we knew the information we getting was from a local. Simple as that.
Even if I had a lot of kin folk in that area I would not rely on their information to make up my mind, especially if I didn't know these people. That would be their opinion I'd be passing on, not my own.
As for the trust funds I do agree that they should be set up where no one can get their hands on it, only the two daugthers when they reach a certain age.
A family fund for GB and MJ is what I was commenting on, though. Seems strange to me that one would be set up under the Johnson/Bain or Bain/Johnson family (can't remember the way it was put) which implies to me that the Johnson family would have access to it, since the girls are Bain's.

MOO
Not angry at all, just responding to your statements. I could say the same to you, that you sound angry. The opinion that is being passed on is not that of MY relatives, it is that of the community that is being spoken about. Of course, not everyone in the community suspects GB, but there is enough suspicion that it is being talked about openly on FB. The family fund that you think is for MJ is the one that was set up for trusts for the girls. The Thompson/Johnson family wanted to make sure the money went to the girls. When a trust is set up, only the trustee has access to the money, and that is usually with specific terms set forth. Usually with a trust, the money is put into funds for growth until the children reach age of maturity or another specified age. No one mentioned getting the money for themselves except for TB, who posted on her own facebook page that she thought her dad should get all the money. Many people feel that a trust is the only way that the girls will see this money, which is why the account was set up, IMO. There are more and more questions coming up every single day in regards to GB, and the community wants answers, and they want these girls protected from further harm.

Here is a partial listing of GBs actions that make him questionable to me:
GB wouldn't allow JBs friends and family at the funeral
GBs story isn't the same as what he told LE according to several friends and family members who were at the house after the abductions
GB allowed some woman from CA to go pick the girls up from hospital, but didn't allow their own grandmother and extended family to see the girls, and still hasn't
GB allowed AM around his children after knowing about an allegation against him with his daughter
GB allowed AM around his children after knowing of another allegation against another child not related
GBs daughter TB has made statements about her dad should receive the money collected for the girls, that he should have money set up for the girls in trust funds
GB allowed AM access to his daughters knowing that the guy was claiming them as his own
GB allowed AM access to his wife, after there being much talk and speculation about a relationship or fling between JB and AM

Nothing that has been said here has sufficiently answered the above listed actions of GB to me. The adoption thing doesn't have a thing to do with the above list.

Not angry at all, just responding to your statements. I could say the same to you, that you sound angry. The opinion that is being passed on is not that of MY relatives, it is that of the community that is being spoken about. Of course, not everyone in the community suspects GB, but there is enough suspicion that it is being talked about openly on FB. The family fund that you think is for MJ is the one that was set up for trusts for the girls. The Thompson/Johnson family wanted to make sure the money went to the girls. When a trust is set up, only the trustee has access to the money, and that is usually with specific terms set forth. Usually with a trust, the money is put into funds for growth until the children reach age of maturity or another specified age. No one mentioned getting the money for themselves except for TB, who posted on her own facebook page that she thought her dad should get all the money. Many people feel that a trust is the only way that the girls will see this money, which is why the account was set up, IMO. There are more and more questions coming up every single day in regards to GB, and the community wants answers, and they want these girls protected from further harm.

Here is a partial listing of GBs actions that make him questionable to me:
GB wouldn't allow JBs friends and family at the funeral
GBs story isn't the same as what he told LE according to several friends and family members who were at the house after the abductions
GB allowed some woman from CA to go pick the girls up from hospital, but didn't allow their own grandmother and extended family to see the girls, and still hasn't
GB allowed AM around his children after knowing about an allegation against him with his daughter
GB allowed AM around his children after knowing of another allegation against another child not related
GBs daughter TB has made statements about her dad should receive the money collected for the girls, that he should have money set up for the girls in trust funds
GB allowed AM access to his daughters knowing that the guy was claiming them as his own
GB allowed AM access to his wife, after there being much talk and speculation about a relationship or fling between JB and AM

Nothing that has been said here has sufficiently answered the above listed actions of GB to me. The adoption thing doesn't have a thing to do with the above list.
In response to why GB is questionable to you~
1. I can understand GB not allowing JB's family there, in certain instances. If for instance, they are standing on the side with MJ, causing more turmoil and drama, I get why. Now the friends of JB's, I feel the same about them if they are truly her friends why the shift in the way things are done? I just don't know the whole story.
2. GB's story not being the same-I wish I knew what the true story is but I have faith in LE and FBI that they do know the truth. Has he been cleared by them? I would think so as the children were placed back in his home, but again, I don't know the whole story.
3. GB allowed someone from CA to pick the girls up-I don't understand that, either but am willing to wait to hopefully find out. I can't imagine that I wouldn't be there to pick up my own children after that but he may have been detained with other things, i.e. LE and FBI.
4. GB allowing AM around his children after knowing of another allegation against another child not related-You posting this is the first I've heard of it. Is it just local knowledge or was there something in MSM? You do realize that JB also had to allow her children around AM, too, right? I will say if this were me and my family around someone that had been accused of being this way, it would be a deal breaker to me. I would still be civil to that person but they wouldn't be allowed near my children or a welcome guest in my home. If my husband said that person was still welcome then bye bye to him. JB obviously didn't do that and I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that she was a good mom and wouldn't allow it if it were believable. I don't think we'll ever know why this relationship between AM, TM and the B family continued. GB isn't talking, JB is gone from this world, and I wouldn't believe TM and MM at this point because they're surely going to try and save their own hide so they definitely have an agenda.
5. I've not seen where TB states her dad should have the money from the funds, but if she did I hope it was so he can better take care of the children. After all he still has two to raise and they'll need counseling, and many more services. I'd like to have seen one set up for the Bain family and one set up as a trust fund for the girls.
6. GB knew that AM was claiming the girls as his own? I haven't read that but if he and JB knew that then perhaps they thought it was a harmless wishing and since AM and TM couldn't have their own children that they would be loved well, like some parents do. I'd like to know what the children, all of them, without pressure from the parent or other family members and friends thought of AM, TM, and even MM. Heck, I'd even like to know how they really feel about GB, TB and MJ and his family.
7. The only person I've seen talk about a relationship between JB and AM was I believe JB's aunt and speculation on this board. The friend of JB, which I'm sure would have more of an intimate knowledge of such a thing, refuted that and I believe her. I personally think it's disrespectful to insinuate this, as the aunt did, to someone who isn't here to defend herself or her actions.

I hope I'm right and some of the ones that think GB and even TB were in on this horrid act in some way or had some knowledge that AM, TM and MM were up to something are wrong. If I'm right it would be easier on the kids and that's what I'm hoping for. In the end I care only about them. The adults can all fend for themselves, but if we start hurting those they love they are hurt by it, also, and I don't wish that on them ever.

MOO

As I said, the Johnson and Thompson families are taken great care not to speak ill of GB family. (in the beginning, after MJ found out his daughter and ex were MURDERED and that his other daughter,along with her sister were KIDNAPPED he did make a few slips on FB stating he wanted his daughter back and that he had spoken out against AM before the kidnappings only to be made out as the bad guy.) He quickly deleted these comments and reached out to GB, saying he wanted to work out visitation.

So there may have been some bad blood (only my speculation based on his FB post about not trusting AM before this nightmare happened) but I do know that MJ did still see his daighters. I also know that JB was in frequent contact with her mother. JB and her girls were also in contact with other members of the Thompson family, although it has been said not as often as the Thompson's wishes. I do not know why this is, only speculate again. Comments made in the beginning made me believe her family had not been a fan of GB for sometime, but I have not heard anything like this in some time. The Johnson's and Thompson's seem to be taking the high road at this time and are remaining tight lipped. I think they know a lot more to the story and have faith both girls
will end up in good hands.

As far as Donations... I spoke with the a Thompson family member and ALL donations given to them and MJ will ONLY be used to set up trust fund, split equally between 2 girls. As MAryJane stated, this info is not hard to verify on your own. A lot of my info is informed speculation and you have no obligation to agree with me or believe a single word I say. Just putting it out there. The donations given to GB? I don't know, but something seems shady. Not JUST TB's trashy comments.

I did not want to believe either MJ or GB had I'll intentions and defendeded both, however I am beginning to have serious doubts. Im saying that GB was directly involved but i question his judgement on the company he keeps and who he lets handle his affairs, concerning his children. My opinions are not formed by fb drama nonsense, my doubts have been formed by common sense.

Unless the FBI is lying to the public, AB and KB will continue to receive professional counselling for as long as they need it.

I am certain that LE, including the FBI, was running an investigation on GB simultaneously with investigation into other possibilities. Considering the circumstances of the case, GB's fitness as a parent would have been given close scrutiny.

I do not know the Bain family personally but I do know that victims of violence often need a period of privacy. The victims need a chance to regain some of their equilibrium back and to be allowed to reach out to others at their own pace. Forcing AB and KB to face the community, the extended family and/or their biological father before they feel ready to do so would be terribly harmful to them.

Just one of the traumas of violence is that it strips free choice from the victims. Ideally, from the instant of rescue, victims of violence are given control of as many choices as is practical.

To force AB and KB to interact with anyone, no matter the relationship, before they feel ready to do so is just to re-victimise them. If someone is complaining that they haven't had access to the girls, it could be that what that person is really saying is "it's all about me, of course."

One very good reason to have someone other than GB pick up the girls would have been to throw the media off the trail.

At the time, it was being hinted that the girls would be in the hospital longer than they were. I am quite certain that the media had GB staked out and were just waiting to see him make a move so the reporters and photographers could try to get photos of the girls as they left the hospital.

The big problem from the standpoint of privacy was not the Bain household, since it is clearly private property and could easily be secured by LE. The big problem was the hospital, since the media cannot be banned from the public areas of the facility.

Remember how hospital security held up bedsheets to protect the girls from scrutiny?

If there were a responsible adult woman that the girls knew and trusted, that had not been publicly linked with either family, what better way to fool the media than to have her slip into the hospital and walk out casually with them? Just another community member and her two daughters, nothing to pay attention to here, folks.

And voila! Privacy for AB and KB, no media circus and they could then slip into their own home without media interference.

I really appreciate your posts, MaryJaneSmith.

Either way, we shouldn't decide either MJ or GB are "bad guys" and then start making assumptions about this family to back up our preconceived notion, we should keep our minds open as we learn more about the situation.

I see people wondering about GB, but I see people outright vilifying MJ, and assuming terrible motives for his every action. Because he allowed GB to adopt the girls, that action apparently made him a "forever bad guy" to some. But he begged people to help find the girls and JB. His words and actions say "love" to me, not "money grubber" or "fame seeker". He could have been giving all kinds of interviews and certainly gotten paid for them if these were his motives.

I will try to keep an open mind about both men. We each have our opinions, but when our opinions are stated with so much vehemence and emotion its not really about this case. It is about our own hurts. :-(

After Joseph Duncan abducted Dylan and Shasta Groene, he spent six weeks torturing them. He apparently killed Dylan right in front of Shasta.

After Shasta was rescued, there were huge donations on her behalf. They were set up in a trust fund that was stipulated to be used for her ongoing therapy, college expenses and the remainder would be turned over to her when she turned 25 years old.

Well, life is what happens when you have other plans.

Shasta's father, Steve, contracted cancer and the medical bills drained his resources. When he ran out of money, he and Shasta were homeless for a period of time because none of the money in her close to $100K trust fund could be used for day to day living expenses.

After he managed to get scrape some money together (while still undergoing treatment for cancer), the only rental he could find that he could afford backed onto the interstate. The same interstate that Joseph Duncan spotted Dylan and Shasta from. Very close to the house where they were living when Duncan invaded the home, killed Shasta's mother, her mother's boyfriend and her older brother.

Living in that location was hugely triggering for Shasta but it couldn't be helped. Steve just didn't have the income to move to a less emotionally fraught place and the trust fund could not be used to help them do so.

Fortunately a local reporter did a followup story on them about two years after Shasta had been rescued. The reporter had no idea of the medical and financial problems Steve and Shasta were facing. When the story ran, the community was horrified that Shasta's suffering continued.

The trust fund still could not be tapped; once the stipulations are set for such a fund, they are almost impossible to change.

Fortunately Coeur d'Alene was more than eager to help out, once they knew help was needed. A nice house was built in an area of town that did not trigger Shasta and money was raised to help with Steve's medical bills and their living expenses.

Life being what it is, I am hoping that any trusts set up for AB and KB are sufficiently flexible that they never have to go through anything like what Shasta went through after she was rescued.

One very good reason to have someone other than GB pick up the girls would have been to throw the media off the trail.

At the time, it was being hinted that the girls would be in the hospital longer than they were. I am quite certain that the media had GB staked out and were just waiting to see him make a move so the reporters and photographers could try to get photos of the girls as they left the hospital.

The big problem from the standpoint of privacy was not the Bain household, since it is clearly private property and could easily be secured by LE. The big problem was the hospital, since the media cannot be banned from the public areas of the facility.

Remember how hospital security held up bedsheets to protect the girls from scrutiny?

If there were a responsible adult woman that the girls knew and trusted, that had not been publicly linked with either family, what better way to fool the media than to have her slip into the hospital and walk out casually with them? Just another community member and her two daughters, nothing to pay attention to here, folks.

And voila! Privacy for AB and KB, no media circus and they could then slip into their own home without media interference.

excellent point as well as this one from you..."I do not know the Bain family personally but I do know that victims of violence often need a period of privacy. The victims need a chance to regain some of their equilibrium back and to be allowed to reach out to others at their own pace. Forcing AB and KB to face the community, the extended family and/or their biological father before they feel ready to do so would be terribly harmful to them.

Just one of the traumas of violence is that it strips free choice from the victims. Ideally, from the instant of rescue, victims of violence are given control of as many choices as is practical.

To force AB and KB to interact with anyone, no matter the relationship, before they feel ready to do so is just to re-victimise them"

do not know how to double quote.

Having the family friend pick up the girls makes sense per your explanation and something perhaps many did not consider the reason you stated as well. I am sure the media was lurking for an opportunity and having someone unknown and unexpected allowed these girls to leave unnoticed. I did not consider this as a reason and of course thinking speculation, but like this speculation better than trying to find something malicious with it.

Remembered a quote today...The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine.

BBM

There is no link and if you go back and re-read my post it clearly states it is my opinion.
You sound very angry and I'm sorry if I've contributed to that in any way as it is not my intent.

MOO

menmo, are you saying SHE sounds angry?? wow...reread your posts..

also, do you personally know GB and MJ? it sounds as if you do and know EXACTLY what is going on and EXACTLY who is right and wrong... why dont you get verified as a local since you know all.

there are definitely 2 sides to EVERY story not just your side..please don't be rude to people on here. it is not very mature.

i am with you two that are going to the private forum...in fact i have already signed up....it is not worth being attacked nonstop

Unless the FBI is lying to the public, AB and KB will continue to receive professional counselling for as long as they need it.

I am certain that LE, including the FBI, was running an investigation on GB simultaneously with investigation into other possibilities. Considering the circumstances of the case, GB's fitness as a parent would have been given close scrutiny.

I do not know the Bain family personally but I do know that victims of violence often need a period of privacy. The victims need a chance to regain some of their equilibrium back and to be allowed to reach out to others at their own pace. Forcing AB and KB to face the community, the extended family and/or their biological father before they feel ready to do so would be terribly harmful to them.

To force AB and KB to interact with anyone, no matter the relationship, before they feel ready to do so is just to re-victimise them. If someone is complaining that they haven't had access to the girls, it could be that what that person is really saying is "it's all about me, of course.
"
On the other hand, to not allow children to see those they love could be just as traumatizing. I can't imagine not allowing my ex's parents to come to his funeral nor see their grand children. I don't buy into the FBI made him do it theory. Seems like a handy excuse for bad behavior. I highly doubt the FBI told him to shun everyone in JBs family and to keep them away from the girls, yet allow someone to drive in from Cali to pick them up.

As far as the competence of the LE goes in the area, believe you me, there is lack of faith in them doing the right thing. The only relief is that the FBI is involved, and there are members of MS LE watching too. The TBIs track record is miserable, and corruption is rampant. Every week there is another member of law enforcement or prominent politician that is being investigated. I applaud your faith in LE, I used to have it myself. However, I have seen enough and experienced enough to change my mind on that issue.

I really appreciate your posts, MaryJaneSmith.

Either way, we shouldn't decide either MJ or GB are "bad guys" and then start making assumptions about this family to back up our preconceived notion, we should keep our minds open as we learn more about the situation.

I see people wondering about GB, but I see people outright vilifying MJ, and assuming terrible motives for his every action. Because he allowed GB to adopt the girls, that action apparently made him a "forever bad guy" to some. But he begged people to help find the girls and JB. His words and actions say "love" to me, not "money grubber" or "fame seeker". He could have been giving all kinds of interviews and certainly gotten paid for them if these were his motives.

I will try to keep an open mind about both men. We each have our opinions, but when our opinions are stated with so much vehemence and emotion its not really about this case. It is about our own hurts. :-(

I agree w/ you, HaikuMommy. I'm happy to see you on this thread again. MaryJaneSmith, I also appreciate your posts. I really appreciate everyone's posts. To read different points of view helps me look at all sides. I am trying to keep an open mind until we have more info. MJSmith, if those things on your list are true, I can not help but also be suspicious of GB. I am really trying to remain impartial.....but some of those things raise red flags for me. Menmo, your response to the GB list sounded level headed to me and I can understand what you are saying, too. I hope everyone keeps posting and keeps writing what they think. My 2 cents.:blowkiss:

Awww thanks for your post and all of you supporting it. I just happened to see it. I'm glad i didn't miss it.
Yah the thing w/ my mom is so strange. Her and i were always very close my whole life and from the day i started having my kids, she was with me everyday of their lives. But when the thing about the abuse came out, i don't want to say she was in denial or didn't believe me, cuz i think she did. But she loves my stepfather and doesn't agree w/ divorce. And she just kept going back to him. I will never understand how or why she could choose him over her daughter and grandkids, but i finally made the decision to cut her out of our lives cuz i couldn't live w/ her having both of us. She sat with him and his side of the family and supported him in court. And she visits him in jail all the time. It's her choice. Honestly, as close as the kids and i were to her, we're moving on. The kids are growing up with out her and she's the one that missing out.
Thank you for your nice words and support guys. :) Unfortunately, there are so many of us out there that have been abused. It's so sad. I never thought i'd be the one to say this cuz i don't feel like a very strong person. (I couldn't even testify at the court trial....thankfully he pled guilty to the things w/ me but denied anything w/ my cousin or anyone else.) But anyway i never thought i'd be the one to say this, but we have to get these guys off the streets. No matter what. No matter how scared or embarassed or ashamed we are. I NEVER thought i could go through all the court stuff, but thankfully w/ a lot of support, my cousin and i were able to. PLEASE if you know anyone that's been abused even if it was years ago.....please don't let the "pervert" get away with it and not report him. Don't ever believe that it was years ago and they've changed. Please do what you can and report him. Even if he's a pastor or a deacon or the president!!!! Ok that's all....thanks again. <3
So yesterday, I just want to say I am so sorry for what you have been though. Being abused is bad enough, but to have your mother not support you.... And side with him. My heart hurts for you.:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back